Games with a "low-level" RPG feel

Are there any games that manage to keep the "low-level" feeling throughout the entire game? My favorite parts of any RPG is the very beginning where you're walking around in barebones shit gear struggling to take down basic enemies. And when you eventually do find a rare item it's the best feeling in the world. The problem in most games is that they keep stacking rare items and gear upon you until you don't feel that feeling anymore.

Attached: mmo.jpg (658x798, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvpnl24kFxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

check this out lmao

Attached: sp.png (568x1452, 1.8M)

Risen, even better for you since you start off stranded on a beach, pick up a club and whack animals
the feeling of progression in that game is very good, puts most if not all RPGs to shame

Is Risen 2 any good? I thought the pirate setting looked cool when it released, but I never played it because I heard mixed reviews.

don't think so lad

How do you defeat the final boss: Large crab, anyway?

Baldur's Gate 1, Temple of Elemental Evil

Outward, if you can hang.

It's trash tho.

Came into this thread to recommend this.
Hell, you have to progress a bit to even reach the "low level rpg feel".

You probably won't die much once you get solid gear/skills, but even then, I still believe it maintains the feel.

lol

Do people know when posting this know it's from dark tower? Jw

Titan Quest

Not too many games do this because RPGs tend to add more complex systems to the game as you progress; it's kind of a staple of the genre. In fact most games, regardless of genre, tend to add more complexity as the game goes on. Action games add new weapons and harder combat. Adventure games add tougher puzzles. Why not just play the first hour of ten or fifteen different games?

Those look like coconut crabs; he's done for.

Gothic 2 NOTR all the way

Give ME Roxana wife FROM Dungeon Rats user! She IS my CUTE low level wife user! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Roxana.png (246x284, 138K)

Did-a-chik? Did-a-chum?
I don't think they know where this came from.

No, Risen 1 was the right amount of gothic eurojank, 2 is just shit

SWG

Throughout the game, you're just a guy, living in the vast universe. you're not special

that's not true user, Roland is black

Give Elex a try.
yes im german.

No Sony just like niggerfying anything they can

It doesn't last the whole game but you are hilariously underpowered at the start of Kingdom Come
Like when your girl is about to get raped you options are die or whistle at them and run

Attached: 4L_YatQlARG.jpg (700x628, 194K)

could use one of those rs phat's but its ight

I played that, and fucking loved it. That is pretty much exactly what I want.

>try and get my axe back from an old man
>get into a fist fight with him
>get my ass beat and LITERALLY run crying back to my mother so she can kiss my boo-boos and make me feel better

Attached: 1569020166512.png (128x105, 18K)

Early days were so fucking good. Just getting by, building your house, furnishing it, openin up your own shop, visiting cantinas. They just had to ruin it by letting everyone become a jedi and buddy it up with the characters from the movies.

Gothic
youtube.com/watch?v=bvpnl24kFxs

If you didn't already play it, the woman's lot dlc keeps you a weakling throughout the entire thing. If there's a fight you better wait for the guy to go to sleep then stab him a bunch before he gets up

Breath of the Wild tried that and people hated it cause they didn't get muh epic loot stacked on them the whole time.

Attached: 71p%2BU0d%2BumL._SY741_.jpg (494x741, 66K)

I don't think most players need yet more incentive to become stealth archers

complete bullshit, in botw there are set endgame loot spawns literally everywhere. zelda is early rpg feel for the plateau and then its pretty much full armor set and rediclously op weapons the rest of it. God if you cook food? Its not even fun when you have 40 full heal + fucking temp hp radishes which actually grow everywhere. botw progression is fucking pathetic and probably the worst part about the game minus all the fucking nothing in it.

Attached: 1449393972333.png (800x600, 444K)

No, they hated it because "muh epic loot" was all completely worthless and pointless and the best way to play the game was to run past every enemy in the stealth suit because the combat is too shallow to be fun enough to fight things for not just NO REWARD, but NEGATIVE REWARD as you lose durability on your shit and need to go grab more silver swords from Zora's domain or wherever

If BOTW weapons could be repaired and upgraded it would have been so much better than just using bombs, stasis and the master sword to kill everything you have to while ignoring what you don't