Cloud Strife BTFO'd forever

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: didn't let any of his friends die.jpg (495x612, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yagisswh1MM
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Reunion_Theory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_II_of_Caria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mausoleum_at_Halicarnassus
twitter.com/corvussam/status/1175437732103020544?s=19
twitter.com/Kupokuponut/status/1175446071146889216?s=19
twitter.com/CrimblySun/status/1176192241263624192?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=4qcW0oiLKHg
youtu.be/0x1AGz8DwtY?t=554
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Facebook humor
this board is a lost cause

Attached: 1548885583661.png (270x321, 21K)

You should really be embarrassed for posting this

lol that's a pretty great meme, so true
Leon is pretty freaking cool if you ask me
btw how do ytou like things on this website?
this ones pretty sick

>on a mongolian shitposting forum

I mean, Squall's big bad was an incompetent woman so.. Sephiroth would've killed everyone if it wasn't for the lifestream asspull.

/thread

You mean "Jenova would've". Sephiroth was just a puppet.

So how is everyones ff8 remaster going? Doing some challenge runs or just the good old cards till i nuke everything?

Yet he is the final boss

Sephiroth was in control, dumbass.

>is
I don't know if most of the people here have seen a time when it wasn't. It's been 5 years since GG and some argue that even before 2010 the entire site was shit.

only an idiot would've bought that demaster

It’s the first final fantasy game I’ve ever tried and I just escaped the tank that chases you.

Pretty fun. I can understand the hype for 7 now. I also like that it gives you the option to speed up the game sometimes

Well yeah, he didn't. The Rinoa shit was creepy as fuck when you realize she had the power to straight-up mind control him into being as obsesses as he was, but he still did manage to keep his crew alive against all odds.

Sephiroth was just an idiot that thought an alien was his mom and wanted to kill the planet for no reason.

Edea made sense and made a better villain, with believable goals.

Attached: Ff 8-edea.jpg (958x1198, 385K)

LOL! Then clouds gets sick in the movie lol from fucking boys what a fag

Too bad about Ultimecia, though. Edea and Adel were both good villians.

Absolute brainlet.

Can anyone explain why Muscle Sorceress didn't just fucking kill all the moon monsters? I'm pretty sure the entire population of earth would get on its collective knees and suck the dick she almost certainly has if she actually did something about all those aliens.

Adel was badass, they fucking banished him to outer space and he still kept fucking with peoples minds

Only a fucking retard would think otherwise.

People like you really need to have the game explained to you:

>with believable goals

Really nigger?

If you think Jenova was in complete control then you're an idiot.

Pretty sure Adel is a she, right? Sorceress implies female. I just take it that Adel was so overpowered that she grew very manlike, since men=powerful.

>for no reason

Edea wasn't even herself.
Time Kompression is fucking retarded.

Are you referring to the 1v1 sword duel? That's in Cloud's mind. That's symbolic.

Fuck me, you are probably right. Adel at least has the looks of a man

>incompetent woman
Ultimecia made the future human race nearly extinct with her own power alone and was just chilling in her castle until Squall time traveled to face her. Ultimecia won completely, and the thing that actually sealed her fate was using Time Kompression. That created the causal time loop and made her demise destined by fate.

Next to Kefka, Ultimecia was one of the most "successful" villains.
Most other FF villains cause some chaos but come nowhere close to leaving the world in ruins like those two.

Yeah, he dies himself instead.

I don't know why you're linking that thread, but it has nothing to do with anything. Hojo even fucking explains that ultimately Sephiroth was in control.

/thread

Alright guys.
Was time compression really part of the story, or was it just a tool to justify closing access to all the cities to save space on disc 4?

her motivations are just as weak as Sephiroth and Kefka's

just the generic jrpg trope of I wanna destroy everything because

You don't comprehend the events of the game, so you need them explained to you. Hojo is not a reliable source, using Hojo as a source is just as bad as using Sephiroth as a source.

>Kefka
Kefka couldn't even destroy a planet right. Kuja is the only villain to actually do fuck all. Exdeath did okay, but he didn't even finish pulling both worlds into the void.

You're a fucking retard.

Didn't Garland's plan pretty much involve traveling back in time before Jesus so he can summon demons from hell to make himself immortal, then let them destroy most of the planet? And it pretty much succeeded until the Light Warriors went back and stopped him before he could?

That's a joke meme started a few years ago and is now run as part of a disinfo campaign.

>believes calling people retards makes him less of a retard
You're the one who can't grasp any of the subtleties of the plot and take everything at face value.

BLESINSKI

Squall doesn't have a big ass sword but he's got a fucking blade with a gun that explodes on impact.

I thought he didnt want destroy the planet to begin with. He just wanted to push it to utter chaos to become a god and well, he succeeded in it. I might be wrong tho, havent played it in 10 or so years

Not "just because".
Ultimecia was condemned to death before she was even born. Because of the time loop, the prophecy of the "Ultimate Witch" had everybody hunting down witches viciously, looking for the one ultimate evil. With the way the witches' powers are transferred, Ultimecia was just an ordinary girl who suddenly is hated by the entire world. Ultimecia was just fighting back out of self-defense at first, and it grew into spite and reasonable hatred.

It only makes sense if you believe the Rinoa=Ulti theory.
She's stuck at the end of the universe/time itself with all that power and nothing to do with it, and she wants to be with Squall. Forever. Consequences be damned. Or she wants him to kill her because she's just that fucked up by then.

This. It's all Jenova until the very end.

>can't explain for himself
>links to a random thread

good job dude

>before Jesus
Huh, so that's why he went back 2000 years.

>time loop
>"Ultimate Witch"
What the fuck are you on about? There is no time loop, and "Ultimecia" does not mean "ultimate"-anything. Her proper name is Artemisia, anyway.

It's a symbiotic relationship..

Sephiroth is stronger because of Jenova's cells etc, but Jenova is dominant in the relationship.

Elaborate.

someone yesterday posted a screencap of a 2010 post ranting about how shit the board was back then and it was the very same as today except with PS3 vs 360 consolewar instead of PS4 vs Xbone vs Switch

>big ass sword
youtube.com/watch?v=yagisswh1MM

In does in that limit break.

Hojo basically influenced everything you brainless fuck.

Kefka was already effectively a god. 3 gods existed in a world they shouldn't have been in, their very presence corrupted it and was responsible for the existence of magic, and he absorbed them to the point that even if the gods were destroyed, magic still existed. They were no longer the source. He was.

There was genuinely no reasonable explanation for how the heroes could turn that around and actually win other than that they pushed him to the point of losing control of all that power and it ended up destroying him. Which leads to the question of how things would've turned out if he was SANE. Heck, if he even entertained the idea, not only could he have fixed that fucked-up brain of his, he could've ascended that mind of his to something that could wield all that power without issue. But sadly, he kept clicking that deny button on Windows Update for the entire year he was sitting on all that omnipotence.

>Jenova is dominant in the relationship

Imagine being this fucking stupid.

*dabs on your corpse*

Attached: 52B6A187-D138-4CE7-8FD1-A334CCCF6CF4.gif (320x224, 1.58M)

Hojo's Jenova Reunion Theory is literally explained to you at Northern Crater.

everytime I read FFVII and FFVIII threads I lose brain cells.

Meaning that Jenova's will (or call it biological desire/instinct) is what guides Sephiroth, it's what makes him do what he does.

Aside from manipulating/guiding Sephiroth, Jenova mindfucks with Cloud and his friends through out the game, making them think they are fighting Sephiroth and chasing after him. In the battle on the boat for example, against Jenova, after the battle Sephiroth appears out of thin air and floats through the floor - that's not really Sephiroth, it's an illusion created by Jenova (that should be obvious).

And she nevers ceases with that mindfuckery. People get confused at the end battle because the enemy names have "Sephiroth" in them but still Jenova they are fighting. "Safer" is a a transformation from Jenova's previous form, Bizarro - which itself is a transformation from Synthesis. In pic related you can easily see the "evolution" of her final forms, notice the wings in particular. At first you face Synthesis which is Jenova in one of her pure forms (meaning it's only her by herself - not mixed with the body of Seph), after that she transforms into a big scary Sephiroth monster to mess with the protagonists to break their wills, and when that form is defeated she creates Safer for maximum shock and awe effect. They then kill her for good. Then Cloud symbolically erases the last remaining parts of the "Sephiroth" illusion. That's it, they have not ONLY physically defeated Jenova; Cloud has finally overcome all control she had over him. At that point 100% of Jenova's influence is gone.

Furthermore the indication that Jenova has way more control over Sephiroth than he does of her, and her will dominates him, is that as soon as Seph goes to meet with Jenova in the reactor, simply by being near her he immediately is overwhelmed with the desire to help fulfill her biological instincts/needs of weakening and destroying the planet etc. He becomes a slave to her will, he serves as her instrument. Shown already in that very FMV.

Attached: Jenova's final forms.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Reunion_Theory

What went wrong

Attached: Ff2cover.jpg (380x261, 29K)

Furtherore, the color of the wings of "Safer" is the colors of Jenova Birth, Death and Life.

Attached: Safer.png (503x598, 88K)

The game > wiki.
Just a tip, if you link that site on Yea Forums very few people will take you seriously.

Also, regardless:
>The Reunion Theory is a term in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
>Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
Not canon.

Too ambitious for the time and technology

It's literally Hojo's theory in the main game you dumbfuck.

Fuck that world map.

Stop being so wrong.

Attached: 1569276718613.png (960x2810, 2.64M)

>Literal facebook normalfag meme

Sasuga, OP.

Attached: Cloud.jpg (668x720, 45K)

There's been a lot of debate for both sides about which of the two was actually in control because in the original game it's arguably left ambiguous.

Personally it's always been my understanding that after jumping into the Lifestream and winding up at the Northern Crater, the dormant Sephiroth refuses to be absorbed and exerts his will through the Lifestream to control those possessing Jenova's cells (the Clones and Jenova herself). Technically the Sephiroth you fight throughout the majority of the game is Jenova, but it's Jenova being controlled by Sephiroth's mind and form.

The way Square Enix has approached Sephiroth in the rest of the Compilation definitely supports him being in control of Jenova since he effectively does the same thing in Advent Children with the Remnants (refusing to be absorbed by the Lifestream and controlling his vessels to bring about his reincarnation)

>Not canon
It's more canon than the wall of headcanon you typed out.

I just don't have the same sense of humor as the board at large anymore, because they're all seventeen.

oh yes the color of his wings sure prove that Jenova was 100% in control

Already dealt with Hojo for you. See: Perhaps you missed it, but Hojo is insane. And you have to be extraordinarily naive to believe Jenova's conscioussness had no impact on him. Aside from Sephiroth, he's one of the individuals most under the spell of Jenova.

Square Enix just want things to be simple. Sephiroth is famous, he's iconic, he is part of what sells the game. It makes perfect sense for them from a financial and marketing point of view to promote him as the top bad guy.

I decided to buy dragon quest instead, maybe I’ll pick it up eventually. It was my first final fantasy game.

squenix doesn't respect the canon of the pre-merger games, thus anything they put out is automatically noncanon

He might be insane, but he's right.

>Aside from Sephiroth, he's one of the individuals most under the spell of Jenova

this is huge conjecture

Then why did Jenova's cells gather at Sephiroth's location, instead of where her head was? What basis do you have for claiming that Hojo has no idea what he's talking about? You're dismissing actual evidence and using your own assumptions to justify your false understanding of the plot. Sephiroth is the one in control, not Jenova.

Clouds bitch was better than Squalls

Attached: 1562369171242.png (292x446, 152K)

Agreed. Fuck Rinoa.

Attached: 1569027618052.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

I will.

Attached: 1567543173653.jpg (686x856, 134K)

disgusting

Attached: 1569192156970.png (394x462, 238K)

She gets a bad rep but at least she wasn't another 2pure4you milk toast waifu. She had some real spunk in her

Attached: 1568420002740.png (493x448, 97K)

Selphie > Yuffie > Quistis > all other waifus.

There. I said it.

yeah Seufer's spunk

Tifa actually plays a huge role in the story, unlike Rinoa.

>Seufer

Seifer even

You're free to believe that, but the rest of the game events contradicts his opinions.

Jenova wanted to be exactly in that location. No other location makes sense for her for the purpose of achieving her goals. Her goal/instrinct is to "consume" the planets life force (which destroy the planet). The head is rather irrelevant, that's just a small part of the host that she inhabited long ago.

Don't bait around with Tifa, you fucking swine

Attached: 1563252447888.jpg (160x74, 10K)

how is it bait
it's true

Made me laugh

Attached: 1568832038242.png (1280x800, 485K)

She wanted to compress time to be together with Squall again.

Attached: Time.png (960x786, 345K)

7, 8, 10 and 11 are the only games that matter in this entire series, the rest is boring or generic high fantasy

Attached: 1548628505671.png (432x454, 332K)

ebic

fuck off with this stupid shit

So you’re saying the lore dump character isn’t right? Who is? You? Dumb shit.

Attached: Rinoa ends up fighting everyone.png (1280x1640, 770K)

How the hell did Ultimecia send a huge military force, monsters, and timeless witches against a bunch of high schoolers and lose?

The singer and the sorceress.

The only role Tifa had in FF7 was to be Clouds cheerleader and MOMMY, literally nothing else

It's the same deal with the MGS series - there you have important characters like Liquid and Ocelot talking a lot and being very very wrong.

autism

and helping him piece together his memories

been stuck here since '09
no, the board became irreversible in 2012 when GG and the fappening happened.
'16 was the flood of /pol/itics taking over every board.
Yea Forums used to be fun when OC was heavily used and images never got recycled. now you have mobileposters using the same 15 images they've saved on their phones to make their shitty wojack and pepe posts.

>there is no time loop

There absolutely is a time loop. That was the whole point of the game.

>Ultimecia is hated for being a sorceress
>fucks with time, causing the hatred that leads to her being killed
>Squall is there with her in the past as she dies and passes her power to Edea
>when it comes time for Ultimecia to fight Squall again on Disc 2, she recognizes him as the Chosen One or some shit because he's supposed to kill her

and who the fuck is Rinoa, and what dies she do again
oh yeah absolutely nothing

I count that under MOMMY and cheerleader

>but the rest of the game events contradicts his opinions

Where or when?

Attached: Maybe I'm A Lion v2.png (1186x2392, 2.36M)

You're such a "humanity fuck year" fag that you can't comprehend that JENOVA is a celestial predator and all humans, Sephiroth included, are weaker, primitive beings that have no way of dominating this superior entity. Sephiroth is JENOVA's prey/parasitic host.

Keep enjoying movies where humans defeat the invading advanced aliens. But the reality of how such encounters would go down couldn't be more different.

BTW, that's JENOVA above and behind Sephiroth in one of his forms. I guess you just assumed she was akin to a pet monkey on the back but it was really more like a puppeteer with her pulling all the strings. Tentacles were visibly shown to control Sephiroth each time he did something, in fact.

okay retard

Not that user, but wasn't she that time bitch from the ending?

fuck

Attached: 1562877118985.jpg (216x262, 12K)

such an amazing predator
being dead for 2000 years

The controls and combat mechanics were too slow and clunky for the very innovative stat system.

This. God dammit old Yea Forums wasn't terrible.

The radio silence lore was pretty cool and spooky in ff8

Attached: illneverletyouforgetmebringmebackthereiamstillalivehere.png (819x579, 1012K)

fuck what
it's just autistic headcanon

To anyone who thinks Sephiroth is in command of Jenova and Jenova has like no will, just take a look at the battle with Jenova after Aeris is killed:

"Sephiroth" first says "Because Cloud, you are..."

>then fight happens
>a fight against Jenova, not Sephiroth
>after the battle is over...

After the battle is over, it's revealed it was Jenova who was speaking. Jenova says: "Because Cloud, you are a puppet."

The only reasons I can think of why people cling on to the idea that Sephiroth is command of Jenova and that she has no big influence, is that they simply like Sephiroth's character very much and want him to be the supreme dude in control, as they may feel it reduces his coolness if someone controls him. The other explanation is that they simply don't want to admit to themselves that they haven't fully understood the game.

Attached: Jenova.png (320x240, 1K)

>Leader of the resistance that gets the plot moving
>Gets Squall to stop being such a walked off faggot
>Becomes a sorceress
>Is possessed and sets up Adel's resurrection
Is it weird that squall wants to fuck the daughter of the girl Laguna wanted to fuck?

Attached: BRING ME BACK.jpg (2048x2048, 797K)

Beat ff8 for the first time with it. Loved it. Squall is one of the few jrpg protagonists to actually kiss their love interest. He did what Sora failed to do in kh3.

>that gets the plot moving
wrong

Wasn't it just Adel being emo about being stuck in space?

They killed off what was left of Jenova before fighting Sephiroth though

Jenova wasn't an intelligent being, it was biologically active, but not 'alive' in the mental sense. I think of it more like a parasite than a virus.

And you're clearly basing your reading of the story on your "so epic Cthulhu" cosmic horror movies. You're stating that the body mass for Sephiroth's final forms are Jenova based on nothing, since both forms are called "Sephiroth." Meanwhile, you kill a creature called "Jenova Synthesis," as in, a completed form of Jenova comprised of ALL of its body mass after achieving the Reunion that the game spent the entirety of itself reminding you about. Start being more objective about what is stated in the game and what is just headcanon based on your own assumptions.

>Due to their juxtaposition, a popular fan theory is to posit that Ultimecia is Rinoa from the future. Director Yoshinori Kitase has denied this, saying "No, that is not true. I don’t think I’ll incorporate that even if we do remake the game. But that being said, both Rinoa and Ultimecia are witches, so in that sense they are similar, but they’re not the same person."

That's literally the only time in the whole series that a line of dialogue is attributed to Jenova, and it can be attributed to yet another typo in the shitty translation.

Cloud fucks Tifa

Adel was the one who caused the whole radio frequency fiasco, so yes.

We're never told if it's Adel saying that (the only thing that's clear regarding that is that TV broadcasts can't be done because Adel is up there). It could very well be her, but with a line like "I will never let you forget about me." it's more logical that the actual source of the message is from Ultimecia in the future, what with her influencing events and controlling people etc.

>also denied squall is dead theory
Is there anything special or interesting about FF8s plot or is it just bland trite?

>it doesn't fit my persoal beliefs about the game therefore it's a shitty translation

Attached: 1475707292510s.jpg (250x200, 7K)

He said they're not the same characters. That's what he meant. And they aren't.

I mean, he did expressed interest in using it. It's a pretty recent interview, too (2018). Personally I never liked that fan theory but the Rinoa=Ultimecia one is pretty good.

>On the theory that Final Fantasy VIII’s Squall dies at the end of Disc 1 when he’s stabbed by Edea’s ice spear and that the rest of the game is his dream:

“No, that is not true,” Kitase said, laughing. “I think he was actually stabbed around the shoulder area, so he was not dead. But that is a very interesting idea, so if we ever do make a remake of Final Fantasy VIII, I might go along with that story in mind.”

Dumbass, that's the first major hint that Sephiroth is using Jenova as a host and speaking through it. The Jenova Birth and Life fights are set up to make you think that Sephiroth is siccing Jenova on you and running away while he displays unexplainable powers like telportation, flight, phasing through objects, and appearing in two places at once. That line is what's supposed to hint that Sephiroth is just using Jenova itself as a body instead of being there in person, which is later confirmed at the North Crater, where you finally succeed in killing the "Sephiroth" you'd been seeing the whole time by beating Jenova Death, and then seeing that Sephiroth's real body had been in stasis, but exerting his will the whole time. And even though you just obliterated most of Jenova, Sephiroth is still able to communicate with you telepathically and astral project himself. It's certainly not Jenova doing it at that point.

It is though.

They're both shit lmao

Yeah.
I find it cool and spooky that they trapped her in space, but she can still communicate and interfere so much they can't even properly use radio anymore.

I really like the concept and think you can use it for other more modern fantasy settings if you want to keep specific tech like radio off the table.

powerful

That's just you learning that it wasn't Sephiroth you were chasing since Midgar, it was just Jenova controlled by Sephiroth.

think Sephiroth and Jenova basically ended up mingling together and essentially became one entity. Neither one was strictly in control or subservient to the other, but rather you had an amalgamation of the two.

To help those of you who are confused about FF8 and Ultimecia in particular, this will hopefully make things clearer for you (and it will undoubtably trigger some haters of the game but whatever):

One crucial aspect of understanding Final Fantasy 8 is to remember that whenever there's time travel going on in any story, we have multiple timelines. In FF8 there's one timeline we never see the events of, a timeline where events happened differently. Similar to how in DBZ there's a timeline which leads to Trunk's future. The unseen timeline which lead to Ultimecia's future; the Castle Timeline. That castle /must/ be at least several hundred years into the future: it's stated Ultimecia is far into the future (and it's implied she's very far), Squall says the SeeDs there have been fighting across generations, /and/ considering how physically changed the surrounding area (the beach) looks and how aged the castle looks, it's illogical to think it has been 100 years or less. It /must/ be many hundreds of years into the future, but very possibly over 1000.

In that timeline, Squall either died of old age or he was killed by other SeeDs while protecting Rinoa.

The "Ultimecia" character is based mostly on Artemisia II: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_II_of_Caria

"Artemisia is renowned in history for her extraordinary grief at the death of her husband (and brother) Mausolus."

>grief
Rinoa in that timeline lost Squall. Rinoa and Ultimecia have "Griever" -- in her future, she is carrying her grief.

Artemisia was royalty; she became queen. Rinoa is referred to as a "princess" in the game. And "Riona" in Irish means queen.

Artemisia and Mausolus were siblings. Rinoa and Squall are ALMOST siblings on the paternal side, because of how close Julia (Rinoa's mother) and Laguna (Squall's father) were. They were so close that when you play through the game the first time it's even possible to get confused into believing they have the same father.

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...]

Attached: Artemisia_Prepares_to_Drink_the_Ashes_of_her_Husband,_Mausolus contrast.jpg (1640x1920, 1.05M)

[CONTINUED HERE!]

Furthermore, Artemisia built this after her husband (and brother) Mausolus' death, in honor to him: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mausoleum_at_Halicarnassus

That was a HUGE building. Similarly, the Castle in FF8 is VERY large and Ultimecia /must/ have had it constructed - there was no castle there before. Additionally, Squall uses lions as a symbol for himself, and the mausoleum was adorned with many lions - and not only that; the picture shown here is the tetradrachm of Mausolus himself!

Also worth mentioning is this:

The name "Artemisia" is written in Japanese as アルティミシア and is read as "Arutimishia". This can be translated back into both Artemisia and Ultimecia, but considering all the allusions to Artemisia II of Caria, it's more logical and makes much more sense to translate アルティミシア back into Artemisia. In fact, in the German AND Italian versions of FF8, she is indeed appropriately called Artemisia. And in the Spanish version, she is called Artemisa.

Less important, but interesting to mention is the names Artemisia and Ultimecia have identical mathematical values:

Ultimecia = 332945391 = 39 = 12 = 3
Artemisia = 192545391 = 39 = 12 = 3

The core value of 3 is also shared by Rinoa:
Rinoa = 99561 = 30 = 3

Attached: Mausolus.png (740x776, 1.15M)

That's a fair assessment. Sephiroth's plan to steal the Planet's Lifestream and fuck off to a different planet certainly wasn't the type of retirement plan that he'd ever sounded like he was game for before taking a Mako dip. But if Jenova was smart enough to think of going about it that way, it wouldn't have waited a couple thousand years to go get the Black Materia that was basically easy pickings for a creature that can make as many slaves as it wants.

autism

>Artemisia and Mausolus were siblings. Rinoa and Squall are ALMOST siblings on the paternal side, because of how close Julia (Rinoa's mother) and Laguna (Squall's father) were.
oh fucking christ user..

user...this is retarded.

That's as far as they could take that.

Do you remember what it was like when video games were alive?

Attached: Nojima FF8.png (720x468, 395K)

don't think Jenova could really make slaves on its own. It was basically defeated and trapped by the Ancients until Hojo unearthed it and started injecting people with Jenova cells. Jenova's ability to manipulate people was a very recent thing. I'm sure if it had been able to manipulate people for thousands of years it would have been doing that.

VIII blows VII the fuck out in so many respects. The battle and customization system for one thing is sooo much better in VIII.

I just started FF8 a few days ago and I have a few questions.
Will I break the balance of the game if I grind to 100 stock of every spell when it becomes available? I'm only like an hour or 2 in and I have 100 fire, blizzard, cure, and scan on Squall and Quistis, with as many junctioned as I can. I draw the magic and then run away so I don't level up since I know the game level scales.
What is the general plot for this game? Not looking for serious spoils, but all I know beforehand is some lady wants to compress time or something?
Is that card game the key to getting really strong really fast?

Fuck right off. The materia system shits all over the junctioning system.

>sooo

neck yourself

Ifalna says that when Jenova first appeared on the Planet, it tried assimilating more hosts by mimicking the Cetra's deceased loved ones, so it was at the very least capable of making shambling zombies. I think it's more that the Ancients BTFO'd it so hard that couldn't do any of its bullshit until Gast excavated its prison. We never really do find out much about the "geological stratum" it was held in or how the Ancients managed to beat Jenova in the first place, so unfortunately assumptions have to be made there.

>grind to 100 stock of every spell
>I draw the magic
>then run away
>so I don't level up

ABSOLUTE CRINGE HAHAHAHAHA omfg there really are people like you. Unbelievable.

Attached: drawfags lol.png (1000x950, 299K)

If you want to draw every magic you come across up to 100 prepare to suffer.
A series of schools fights a witch who has taken control over the only nation in the known world with a military
Yes. You can obtain strong cards, and then turn those cards into items. Those items can be turned into spells.

Attached: 1568822546851.png (1240x1754, 3.29M)

Fucking level up, the game doesn't become any harder, people who say this are fucking retards.

>what's da plot?
play the game, retard.

It's slightly more complex than that. Pre-Rinoa brainwash Squall>Post-Zach wannabe Cloud, but then Pre-Zach wannabe reveal Cloud>Post-Rinoa brainwash Squall.

Attached: 1539406775290.png (300x300, 136K)

In comparsion to 8's system, the materia system like it's designed for toddlers. People who like 7's system often like the Sphere Grid in 10. I guess they like playing with shiny balls.

this has to be bait or some sort of false flagging, you can't honestly be playing the game that way

fuck off retard

>ff8 lore thread
i love these
did anyone go into the Hyne thing yet

i played the game that way when I first played it

Are you seriously trying to imply the junction system is complex in any way shape or form?

Oh wow. I do sound like the one of the left. The right sounds like a lot more fun. Maybe I'm just overthinking this. I'll just play it like any other JRPG.

Alright. I'll just take it easy for now and just cruise through the game.

Will do.

Not bait. Just curious about FF8 after all this time so I decided to try it, and I wanted to see if I was headed down a dumb and frustrating path, and it looks like I was.

It's part of the FF8 memes Spoony popularized. That's where most of the retarded shit we see on Yea Forums comes from. Pic related is a screenshot from about the time Spoony made his FF8 videos.

Attached: Source of ''FF8 is bad'' meme.png (904x141, 16K)

Why is FFVIII such a spooky game?

Attached: squall is dead.png (1280x800, 468K)

lorefags be mad i go with squall is dead because at least that salvages that balls out retarded plot that's everything past disc 2

>there are still retards who think Jenova did it
Holy shit, how fucking retarded can you people be? Not only did the creators themselves debunk that retarded theory via the Ultimania Omega, but there is also never any incentive at all to believe that Jenova was in control. "Arguments" I heard were stupid shit like
>the small blocky figure on Bizarror Sephiroth looks like Jenova puppeteering Sephiroth!
Fucking idiots. Even with the shitty graphics it's clear that is just Safer Sephiroth emerging from his shell (Bizarro). Apart from that there ever are really any reasonable arguments and everything is just moronic head canon stuff that isn't substantuated in the game.
Now for Sephiroth being in control:
>the game constantly talks about Sephiroth
>the reunion happens at Sephiroth and not Jenova's main body
>Jenova literally isn't the last boss but 4th to last
>even at the very end, when Jenova has her body back, why would she keep using the guise of Sephiroth? When she already has her own body back? Yes I purposely wrote that twice so you morons realize it
>the power controlling Cloud, that you symbolicly defeat in an unlosable battle at the very end, is portraid as Sephiroth, not Jenova
>Hojo flat out states it was Sephiroth doing everything
And last: it's a fucking jRPGs you god damned morons, a Final Fantasy on top of that. jRPGs and especially FF are always right in your fucking face on who the actual villain is.
>b-b-but the real boss of FF IV was revealed at the very end!
Zeromus isn't the villain you cockgobblers, it was and always is Zemus. Zeromus is just the latters personified hate because he doesn't want to lose. Zeromus has no agenda or nothing, it's like a whirlwind.
>b-b-but Necros!
Same as above. He just saw the actual villains doing and thought they were worth fulfilling. He wasn't doing anything te whole game out.
>b-b-but Yu Yevon!
He was foreshadowed extensively during the game.

Now kill yourselves you utter retards.

awful b8

I actually never saw any Spoony shit about FF8. I only saw an off hand comment about the game having level scaling so I wanted to see if I could keep my level low and stats high. I now see that going that way is probably extremely tedious so I'll just play the game normally. I'm going into FF8 mostly blind with how the mechanics work and how the story plays out.

Just play it like you'd play any other jrpg and you'll be fine. You'll get a skill later in the game that lets you level up or down any enemy any way.

blown the fuck out

FF8 is the best because it has the best girl.

Fact.

Attached: quistis_smiles.jpg (350x273, 25K)

>Hold this, nigga.

What do you mean with "complex"? As in complicated and difficult? It never was for me. It was very easy for me to get into and felt very intuitive. I'm sure millions of people had the exact same experience with that as me. Not sure what your experience was.

The customization system in 8 is far more versatile and in-depth than 7's and gives the player much more freedom to customize the characters stats and so forth.

HD remaster should've given her back the glasses

Squall let Seifer die. Seifer was his friend.

i'm almost positive that the original idea was that rinoa became ultimecia who "controls" squall because every sorceress requires a knight.
however, someone really didn't want to make rinoa the villain so they changed the original idea.

Only because of time travel fuckery, which isn't really a thing in FF7.

Brainlet. No wonder retards constantly bash FF8

>Squall let Seifer die. Seifer was his friend.
friends don't cast magic during a sparring session when they're getting overwhelmed

the entire story got flipped around at least once. FFVIII, like FFXIII, has a story that was absolutely brutalized by a troubled development

If you can't handle it during a sparring session, what will happen in real combat?

Interesting.

especially FF are always right in your fucking face on who the actual villain is.
spoken like soemmoen who doesn't follow FF. The series is notorioous for the real villain showing up last minute in multiple games, with near assembly line of villains in place of them before this happens

Because fate. Ever wondered how the fuck was that Ragnarok just waiting there for Squall and Rinoa as that oxygen tank ran out? What are the fucking odds of that?

If they had given her at least something, than I would agree with you, but it turned out to be that Quistis was absolute sidelined 10 minutes into the game

It's a she

meaning the materia system in 7 was more fun to play around with than 8' boring junction system
you could come up with so many fun and interesting materia combos

>toddler combo shit vs thoughtful job system

Yeah sure.

>thoughtful job system

Your bait just keeps getting worse.

Don't forget that Cloud confirms Hojo's theory and states very plainly that it was Sephiroth summoning him to the crater. As if that isn't enough, Jenova itself literally calls Sephiroth its master (right before the Jenova-DEATH battle) and says its only purpose is to deliver him the Black Materia.

Also, anyone saying that Sephiroth's plans were just carrying on Jenova's will is literally making up bullshit headcanon. Sephiroth's plans are to swallow the lifestream and elevate himself to godhood, to satisfy his own ego, and he wants to fuck with Cloud along the way because Cloud hurt his pride (which is why he deliberately does things that are counterproductive to his plans so long as it makes Cloud suffer). Nowhere in the game does he say anything about traveling to other worlds to carry on some cycle of destruction that Jenova started. In fact, the very idea of Jenova being an ancient consumer of worlds that rides the husk of one planet to another to repeat its cycle is never so much as hinted at anywhere in-game. People have convinced themselves that that's as good as canon because "dude it's literally John Carpenter's The Thing lmao" even though there isn't a single shred of evidence anywhere in FF7 supporting that idea. Literally all that's ever said about Jenova's past is that it came to Gaia on a comet and started fucking shit up the moment it got there (also, the fact that Jenova didn't immediately return to fucking shit up the moment the Shinra unearthed it strongly suggests that it's braindead by the time they find it). The only place you can find evidence suggesting that Jenova uses the shell of a world it's killed to move to another, and that Sephiroth intends to do the same, is in Advent Children, and if you're gonna look at bullshit like that, then you have to accept the Ultimania explicitly stating that Sephiroth controlled Jenova and not the other way around.

Got to be 18 to post here, kiddo.

This picture isn't based on an exact analysis of the game, it's only to give you a rough idea of how leveling works in the game. Basically when you level up, after a while monsters will also level up, but they can never keep up with your characters levels -- if you continue leveling up you'll quickly "out level" them so to say. And you don't only get stronger by leveling up, you get stronger by junctioning power magic to your Strength and so on. When you reach levels over 70 or so, battles start becoming almost too easy. At levels over 90 the final bosses in the game are actually too easy, they can be taken down very quickly. When you get the Ragnarok ship, go to the Island Closest to Hell and the Island Closest To Heaven, there are monsters there will drop good items and give you lots of experience points.

Attached: FF8 strength in a nutshell.png (882x720, 27K)

Yeah you can, and I'm not saying it's boring or bad, but it is at the end of the day more "limiting" to the player than 8's system is.

Imagine not playing this game as a kid and fucking bosses up using GFs and spamming Limit Breaks and overdoing the Kamikaze ability after exploring the world and finding that jumbo dumbo GF, and instead limiting yourself to guides to play this game perfectly. Fucking idiots.

>Cloud confirms
Cloud is a First Class Soldier, too.

Kawazu.

It wasn't even limiting at all you dumbfuck.

2009 the site was dead and buried.
I'm only here because other chans are slow, and I don't want to get into squabbling e-peen competitions on forums/reddit. Like it or not 4 chan is the only place where you can post anonymously that doesn't require a 5 hour wait between posts. I used to like that it was a bit slower but I got used to the fast pace and couldn't go back.

>more "limiting" to the player than 8's system is

Nope.

In comparison to 8, yes it is more limited. It's works just fine as it is. But in comparison, it's more limited. Simple truth. You can prefer the materia system, but your pesonal preference doesn't change anything.

>Squall let Seifer die
What are you referring to?

>implying your retarded ass had any idea on what to level up first to balance your party properly the first time you were playing without giving it time to think it over

Abusing FF8 was never hard if you knew what you were doing or reading a guide. But it demanded more brain cells than some simpleton baby combo shit you could figure out by description.

Explain how it's more limited, retard.

>But it demanded more brain cells

No it fucking didn't. You just needed to make the numbers you wanted to go up, go up. That's it.

>asspull
>foreshadowed since we knew about Aerith's materia that does "nothing"

If you truly have played 8 and actually used the system in it (and not fallen for the memes about 8 and ignored the system) then you know 8 is far more versatile and gives the player far more freedom in customizing their characters.

None of this is an attack against 7 (which might be your first FF and therefore your favorite and therefore you get emotional about it), I'm simply stating the plain truth that's obvious for anyone to see who has played both games (properly).

>people trying to claim the junction system was versatile and complex

This is why nobody like 8fags. Not even SE.

You still haven't given an explanation.

this is why nobody likes fans of 8

There's no need to. It's like asking someone to explain why rocks are heavier than air and fall to the ground, in order to "prove" that they are and do. Just silly.

>people too brainlet to understand junctions so they're bitter about it
lmao whatever...

>There's no need to

Translation: I can't, so I won't.

I often suspect this is one of the reasons (that they have difficulty with the system and therefore get mad about it), but I really can't see how they can find it difficult. While 8's system does indeed require more thinking than moving spheres around on the sphere grid or equipping materia, it's pretty intuitive.

More like, one should not waste one's time and "throw pearls before swine" who won't even appreciate them.

>make claim
>cant back it up

8 is the worst game.

A game you haven't even played and only read memes about.

fuck off retard

materia system allowed for much more fun gameplay mechanics than the junction system

haha cloud you are like a little baby
watch this

Attached: IMG_20190914_120054.jpg (2048x1131, 294K)

fuck off retard

who is this faggot

>If you truly have played 8 and actually used the system in it (and not fallen for the memes about 8 and ignored the system) then you know 8 is far more versatile and gives the player far more freedom in customizing their characters.
What's so versatile about "lol junction these strong spells to have broken stats, have a shitty leveling up system that does nothing because enemies scale with you, also spam aura and LBs and never use other spells because you'll fuck up your stats"?

>None of this is an attack against 7 (which might be your first FF and therefore your favorite and therefore you get emotional about it)
Nice ad hominem, condescending retard, so I take that VIII was your first one, got it.
>I'm simply stating the plain truth that's obvious for anyone to see who has played both games (properly).
>VIII
>Properly
So exactly what I described? How is that even good or interesting?

it's exactly like 7 except materia has flat positives and negatives. Equipping them is basically the same as equipping spells to stats except it isn't a flat rate and you can choose between stats individually.

>materia system allowed for much more fun gameplay
>Translation: 7 was my first FF and 8 was different, which I didn't like. 8's system was too difficult for me and I couldn't get in to it, and it was different from 7's. It was too hard, therefore it wasn't fun for me. It made me angry.

You're transparent.

the only ff protag that matters

Attached: KingNoctisFFXV.jpg5.jpg (1280x720, 386K)

I think its Cloud from FF7, not many people know him

Why do you faggots keep trying to imply the junction system was some complicated or complex mechanic?

dogshit incarnate

because 8fags have been playing that up ever since Spoony blew them the fuck out

because you're too dumb to even carry on a conversation about comparative video games. It's safe to assume you're one of the many brainlets that FF8 filtered.

I actually played 8 before 7, but okay.
There is nothing difficult about the extremely basic junction system. Materia is just more fun.

Some of us were actually alive to play the game before faggot ecelebs could chime in zoomie.

And posts like the above, ladies and gentlemen, demonstrate the average level of communication skill FF8 haters are at. Pic related illustrates their minds.

Attached: babby.jpg (600x597, 42K)

what conversation?
yoy faggots are just whining and not providing any arguments whatsoever

You know who Noctis is you triggered faggot Nathan, the better question is who's the blonde faggot in the OP.

Attached: cldnct.jpg (1788x1102, 654K)

yes ff7r is dogshit incarnate as is kh3 and nomura's xv

>Materia is just easier
fun is a buzzword.

as opposed to and just solid fucking arguments right there

It's like you guys are on autopilot. Absolute cult-like herd-mentally.

Sur, if you enjoyed it it's cool. But that doesn't negate that FF8 was a bit more complex and thoughtful than it. You actually had to mess a bit to figure out what how abilities would show up and plan how to structure the junctions of your party unless you relied on GFs which was sure to fuck you over in later parts of the game.

There is no conversation. Nobody has explained to me what makes the junction system more versatile than the materia system. I'm still waiting.

see

It wasn't complex at all. Not in the slightest.

>VIII niggers just acting retarded all along and have no valid arguments

not surprised

>8 is far more versatile and gives the player far more freedom in customizing their characters
It absolutely does not. It gives the player more "freedom" to raise numbers up higher, but 7's system gives an astronomically higher number of tactical options. The two games have a roughly similar amount of spells and abilities to equip onto party members, but 7's system gives the player freedom to combine and modify abilities, with each modification/combo being tactically distinct from the others. 8's system doesn't allow for anything like that, so the total number of options is significantly lower. In other words, two teams in 7 with completely different Materia setups will have wildly different strengths, weaknesses, and options to use in battle. Two teams in 8 with completely different Junction setups will have largely the same options, just one team will be numerically stronger than the other. At the end of the day, the Junction system really just takes the place of a traditional equipment system as a way to boost up the characters' stats. It doesn't actually customize them to play differently in any significant ways, outside of some unique abilities that GFs can learn.

The only way in which 8's system allows more "freedom" than 7's is because it gives the player access to a greater percentage of its total options from an earlier point (which is also why the game is so stupidly easy to anyone with more than two braincells), but looking at the total absolute number of tactically distinct options across the entirety of both games, 7 completely dwarfs 8.

luckily stats don't matter in a jrpg

You're an idiot. Jenova is not in control at any time during the course of the game.

Fucking moron. Brainlet who thinks FF8 is meant to be played by junctioning Curaga to HP, escaping every encounter and spamming limit breaks. No wonder you never understood it since you're too dumb to figure it out properly.

Your point?

8 has to be the dumbest fanbase right alongside 15.

why are you so hostile
you never have any argument

funny how even ff8 requires more buttons than ff7 remake does

Attached: ff7r playing itself.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

>Sur, if you enjoyed it it's cool. But that doesn't negate that FF8 was a bit more complex and thoughtful
But see, they can't handle that. Anything positive said about 8, or anything which even remotely implies that any aspect of 8 is better made than 7, causes them to exlode in rage. Partly, this is due to the fact it creates a cognitive dissonance within them; it clashes with their adopted view of the game, it goes against their meme-perception of it. And anything which violates the "teachings" and dogma of the cult and goes agains the consensus of said cult, is seen as evil and an attack upon the "group" they are part of.

go away barry

Attached: truth finally spoken.jpg (1080x549, 172K)

oh fuck off you fucking baby

I imagine toddler shit was obviously more difficult for your peanut to figure out than just learning a couple of tricks about FF8 and doing them over and over again like a retard.

Not an argument. Stop fucking crying already.

FF7
>equip spells to slots
>(weapon based)
>(progression gated)
>with materia
>flat +/-
>no penalty for overuse

FF8
>Equip spells directly to stats
>based on skill unlocks
>(planning and knowledge based)
>enemies scale so you're generally not overpowered
>(mildly progression gated)
>penalties for overuse
>very specific for +/-

All you've been doing this entire thread is throwing insults while never actually explaining what makes 8's junction system SOOO complex or difficult to understand. You're just a fucking child.

Like tricking her childhood friend into becoming a terrorist. While Rinoa caused Squall to change for the better.

You seem strangely obsessed on the Junction system in particular. Why is that? Was that the part of the system which you had difficulty with? To clarify; when we talk of the customiziation system of 8 we're talking about every aspect of it, the magic, the weapons, the ammo, how you refine magic and transmute items and stones etc, and the Guardian Forces and the abilities they provide and so forth.

>y-you're not supposed to play this way
lmao pathetic goalpost moving retard

Why so angry? You should check your blood pressure.

>You seem strangely obsessed on the Junction system in particular. Why is that?

because it's the topic of discussion?

>ask 8fags what makes their junction system so complex and ""difficult"" to understand
>get nothing but ad hominem and goalpost moving

nothing has changed

DOG

nobody listen to this. user here definitely did not explicitly and clearly state what makes FF8 more granular and complex than FF7
I loved both fuck off zoomers

I simply asked what makes it so complex compared to the materia system, and I've yet to receive a satisfactory explanation.

That's because you can't read either faggot.

Attached: 1370853593344.jpg (500x375, 45K)

Rich girl with a general father>Poor j-cup bimbo

>more name-calling

great

8 is such garbage that it fucking gives you the No Encounters ability.

enemy scaling sucks dick

>doesn't read the many explanations posted itt
>refuses to stop shitposting
This is your last you retard enjoy it while it lasts.

You can also switch around your party in FF8 by attributing skills of Dark Knight, White Mage, GF Summoner, Berserker, Monk etc etc to your characters if you have any clue about what you're doing by junctioning 2 to 3 GFs correctly. And as you said it, FF8 allows this to be done much early on which rewards your efforts for.

As for end-game shit the overwhelming setups of either game pretty much nuke every enemy/boss save for optionals which might require a little preparation beforehand but everything else is just repetition.

it's the other way around bro

Attached: 1563576648846.jpg (1014x1000, 91K)

Is toddler gonna cry? Fuck off.

>hurr junction system is so deep
How so?
>HURR FUCKING STUPID BRAINLET DETECTED DUUUR HURFF
oh okay

Please point me to these explanations.

I've been here since late 2005 and I remember people would say Yea Forums died in 2004.

>enemies also gain new spells on level up to give players an equivalent boost
>(progression gated)
>level gated
git gud, Final Fantasy 8 has more options than either 7 or 9 and despite that they're all great games. Too bad you 60 iq sour grapes never played it beyond ifrits cave because you only had 2 characters with Attack in their ability window.

my last what?
also where are these explanations?

>penalties for overuse
What is this even referring to? I must have played through the game more than 10 times and I was never "penalized" for anything.

Are you perhaps referring to using magic that is junctioned? The only way that can possibly be a problem is if you never get magic and don't have items to convert. When I play I simply convert magic from items I get from enemies and from cards. Sometimes I draw, but onl when I have the ability to draw like 10 spells at a time. The game throws magic at you. And since you can transfer magic between characters, you can store magic in characters you rarely use.

So in short, you have an abundance of magic in the game. If you don't, or if getting magic is hard for you, then you've done something very wrong on your playthrough and probably followed some very bad advice from some e-celeb.

lol

Attached: 715.jpg (4041x3266, 2.03M)

ff8 has no progression gating. you don't even need the weapon magazines to craft weapons if you get the parts, which you can often from card games. same with spells, there is no progression gating at all. 100 times easier to break than ff7. and there is no penalty for over junctioning

How much harder can I spoonfeed you before you choke to death? would it help if I digested the food first and fed you straight down your throat via the nutrients in my seminal fluids?

That's kind the point you brainlet. FF8 lets you play the game in a multitude of different ways but you seemingly never learned any of that because the junction system was too hard for you so you're stuck on Easy mode.

Seething dogshit

BARK BARK

yes ff7r is dogshit just like kh3 and Nomura's xv

Incarnate dogshit?

Attached: (You).jpg (590x350, 34K)

>more ad hominem

this is getting tiresome

>Implying FF7 brainlet fags are smart enough to understand half the shit user posted.

yes ff7 is dogshit incarnate

yes

How is it hard when you can break the system by doing one simple thing?

DOG

if you overuse junctioned magic it gets weaker. Yes if you've gained the KNOWLEDGE to know how and where to attain magic the game becomes trivial. that's why zoomers like you never understood the appeal. playing the game blind in 99 is something you people can't do because you're too busy reading guides.

oh no no dont let ff7 zoombers see this

oh boy it's another 8fags call everyone dumb while behaving like dumb children themselves episode

SHIT

FF7 Remake is Dogshit incarnate.

FREUDIAN SLIP

it's the wost game with the worst fanbase
closest thing is 15

no one likes ff7

FF15 is shit. Give me my (you), autist.

I'm the total opposite to what you describe and I've had the game since release. It's you guys who need walkthrus and guides etc. See pic:

see ff7 has the most dogshit incarnate fanbase

Attached: a11318bcdfdfa6133003bd6d248f07eb.jpg (487x650, 132K)

It's great, cope.

Attached: 2895a66f84f9fafea336fdca221192fb.jpg (1080x1080, 171K)

Every time.
I enjoy both the materia and junction system, but there is nothing remotely complex about either. FF8 just affects stats more. New Threat mod raises Stat penalties for 7 because it barely did shit in the original.

INCARNATE

>if you overuse junctioned magic it gets weaker.
so? just replenish your magic after the battle, only takes a few seconds bro

FF7 has the worst FF fanbase
its like the worst of kh fanbase mixed in

>it's another Barry has to hijack relevant FF threads because nobody gives a fuck enough to make XV threads episode

Attached: XV.jpg (1080x610, 193K)

at least it has a fanbase, unlike XV which only has you defending it, autist

LOL

How do you unlock hard more for 8?

You already posted your dogshit incarnate screencap
seething that kh3 is dogshit incarnate?

The primary reason for that is most likely due to Advent Children and the Square Enix games. Those got a lot of young kids interested in the game who never even owned a PSX. The FF7 fanbase wasn't like this before the movie. The fanbase of the Square-era FF games have remained sane and have remained mostly the same in their opinions and so on, and in overall intelligence. Only FF7's fanbase have changed dramatically for the worse.

My name is Barry Barker.

>replying to XV-kun

>XV IS DOG SHIT INCARNATE
>t. xvfag
OH NO NO NO

lmao
twitter.com/corvussam/status/1175437732103020544?s=19

I replied to an user, and to his post.

yes, but only if you've had the forethought to do so. The games biggest boosts are locked behind learning. FF7 has nothing like this. The only near-equivalent is cheese strats at the end of 7 for weapons and chocobo breeding.

no you fucked up

The Tornberry king GF has a lvl up and down ability for enemies. The leveling scaling increases the stats the magic the enemies have to draw.

See

Attached: images (60).jpg (678x452, 25K)

is this small group of autistic retards supposed to prove something

That cope

Attached: images (62).jpg (498x616, 31K)

>everyone is my boogeyman
>no one can agree ff7 has the worst fanbase when that's the most common thing people say about ff7

dogshit post

look at this dude

I couldn't care less who it was. If he's a retard who thinks 15 good is irrelvant to me, all that mattered was the statement he made about the FF7 fanbase.

here you go barrky
fuck off like a good boy

BARK BARK

It's a shame because the only ones clamoring for a FF7 remake were those who were first exposed to Advent Children and KH.

yes nomura's xv is dogshit incarnate

You're all a bunch of gays.

Attached: tidus.jpg (1000x600, 90K)

Did Spoony do something to the FF8 fanbase? They're so insecure..

>FF fandom con a few days ago
>Main guests were FFXV VAs and Kingsglaive actors
>mainly full of FFXV fanbase itself
>t-that doesn't count
twitter.com/Kupokuponut/status/1175446071146889216?s=19

You have people admitting to only being here for "tranny news bullshit" so basically admitting they're only here from the election.

Is this some sort of cope for 1guy?

>kupocon
the dogshit is real

Attached: 1564072826444.png (711x590, 395K)

embarrassing that you're using this as some sort of defense

>nooooo that doesn't count because it proves me wrong!?
twitter.com/CrimblySun/status/1176192241263624192?s=19

Embarrassing that you're moving the goalposts after being proven wrong.

so ff7 is dogshit?

Ultimecia is the most powerful villain in the series by far. She actually succeeded in destroying all life in her time, where she's the sole ruler.

samefag pass

She's got a gun! Hit the deck!

Attached: 1568115531286.jpg (1280x939, 195K)

what goalposts?
there are still never positive XV threads here which is why you constantly derail other threads

nice clip of the CLASSIC mode

Attached: 1568487237411.jpg (1080x286, 113K)

every FF game is easier on the second playthru since you have the knowledge from the first playthru, but it's not like you can't figure out most of the mechanics in the first playthru of 8. I guess it depends on how you play, I mean if you're someone who on their first playthru rushs the game and only plays for the story and action, and you and don't sit down and think things through (regarding items and junctioning etc), then you'll of course miss out of various things and not learn much.

but anyone who takes it slow and plays methodically can figure out most of the mechanics and some of the tricks etc on the first playthru. Exploring the world map and trying to find secrets and so on, that can help with this as it gives the player more time to think and learn. I remember on my first playthrough I didn't reach level 100 (I think I was at 65-70) but I had a lot of time put in the game, I remember it being around 90 hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=4qcW0oiLKHg
One of the best songs

Doesn't prove anything wrong. I was talking about threads made, not fanbase in general.

only the spinoff side of the ff7 fanbase is yikes
otherwise it is based

Tidus isn't even real within the game. He's just a dream.

Cloud never made it to first class, he was mixing his past with Zack after the jenova cells radiation from Hojo

thatsthejoke

Attached: giphy.gif (320x240, 468K)

>kills satan
>brings the great calm
>fucks the world's favorite idoru
>all while not even being real
Other protags can't even compete.

Attached: eternally laughing.jpg (259x194, 20K)

>She actually succeeded in destroying all life in her time
There's nothing to indicate that. When they arrive at the castle they see the dead bodies there. Those bodies couldn't have been there for very long. It's very possible that there are lots of humans alive on the planet, scattered around in various locations. We can't know though, because we can't go check that out.

I'm not saying she isn't extremely powerful, she is. Just saying there's nothing which indicates she killed everyone. And it's not like killing everyone was her goal anyway. She just wanted 2 things: be left alone and achieve time compression (for personal reasons).

Right I agree with you. However, I played 8 when I was 10. I also hit mid 70s or so in my first playthrough, and by the end of the game I was more interested in secret hunting than optimal completion. I also started with 4 and played 6 and 7 before that. Final Fantasy 8 is more complex than any FF before and almost every one that came after save for 12 (which plays itself the moment you realise that basic logic fills in all the gambit slots for you.)
Also complexity =/= fun or good.
I like 8 but I also like 1-12 so I think I'm pretty well able to tell you that 8 is the most complex, 7 has the best pacing, 9 has the greatest individual art assets (music, models, cutscenes), 10 is good, 12 is all right, and 1-6 (except for 2) is where those games were most relevant to the medium so to speak. When people talk about aping other games these days they say Fortnite, Red Dead, GTA, Dark Souls. nobody ever wants to go back to Final Fantasy 1-10 turn based combat because that's not where the majority of the market is and they want to make money.

Continued: the whole impression I get from Ultimecia and her castle is that she's someone who if she's left alone would leave you alone, if you don't oppose her then she has no reason to oppose you.

holy shit ff7 fags keep getting btfo

Attached: _cosplay___final_fantasy_vii__reno__test_3__by_xdesert_rosex_dcfsvpj-pre.jpg (691x1156, 56K)

k

but she came to the past to take over.
Like what are you even talking about?

Seething and samefagging

thank you for making that barry containment thread

Attached: viicc_cissnei.jpg (960x544, 76K)

Can I ask what is actually wrong with you? Honestly, why are you like this? Is this trauma based mental lunacy?

you mean 1 of the casual modes?
youtu.be/0x1AGz8DwtY?t=554

>Kitase: This is one button action.

Have not played the remaster, did they really remove her glasses?

>that goalpost move

What do you mean take over? She tried to influence the past in such a way that the SeeD would disappear, not kill everyone.

its all cringe

Attached: A2JBhHA.png (480x638, 163K)

Attached: Trauma.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

that cope

Attached: 244994557.gif (160x160, 289K)

uhh yes, except a decent amount of that plan relied on killing people. Honestly I always saw 8 as a story of got
control over destiny. Because Ultimecia interferes with the past she crosses paths with squall and co. Because they choose to fight she essentially dooms herself to realize the future she sees.
It's all about action and inaction and the consequence of choice. The game touches on this all the time (Seifer choosing to disobey orders) (Squall taking charge of garden)

Holy shit, how will Cloudkeks ever recover?

>a decent amount of that plan relied on killing people
Of course. To get stuff done you sometimes need to kill many people. But, you (or whoever it was) wrote earlier that she killed all humans and that doing so was her goal. Those two things are what I disagree with. Sounds more like a description of Kefka's goals and actions (although he certainly didn't kill everyone).

I mean, you/he didn't use the word "goal" but the sentence "succeeded in destroying all life" basically says that was a goal/intention she had which she succeeded with it (as opposed to doing it accidentally)

The city Halicarnassus where the Mausoleum was built is located right at the ocean, just like Edea's house which is where Ultimecia has her castle. And the game map around that area is roughly reminiscent in appearance of the area where the Greek islands are. The architecture of Edeas house is also similar to ancient Greek architecture. And there are Greek letters on top of the Communication Tower in Dollet. They definitely took some inspiration from Greek history and culture.

Attached: 175823049203.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

That wasn't me yeah I mean I kinda stand by that sentiment though.
She caused the mooncry to opress that world and shut down resistance to time compression. I think she embodies someone who is a control freak: She needs everything within her grasp and under her dominion. That's why there's that carefree open ending. the moral of the story is Take decisive action when you can, but don't struggle against fate. Take action but understand that you're never 100% in control.

Regarding the number 3 and royalty. The third card of the Major Arcana is The Empress. And some of the negative aspects associated with that card is clinginess and fear of being alone.

Attached: the empress.jpg (1536x2048, 1.42M)

>numerical bull
>tarot cards
You've got 3 choices:
The rope
or tits
or gtfo

Both looks like a fags

Squall couldn't even protect himself

Square in 1990s, especially from FF6 to FF9, drew heavily on western esotericism, European religion as well as Near-Eastern religion. It began with FF4 though. FF7 being the best example.

Nope, there's no opposition left for Ultimecia in her time. She killed all the SeeD and all the world's military/rulers and the prophecy about her death was still intact, which is when she went to the past to cast Time Compression to consume all of existence. She's by far the most powerful single individual in the series. Not only did she conquer her time, but she went back to the past and threw the world into chaos and was moments away from succeeding.

Thanks anons

Cloud fucks Tifa, Zidane gets Dagger, Cecil impregnates the girl I forgot the name, and so on. Only past X the MC never gets some pussy, because the otaku market grew, and so did fujos and shippers, and devs are afraid of giving them PTSD and suicide thoughts by showing people getting into relationships. It is all just subjective and prone to interpretations.

Why does no one ever talk about junctioning abilities to use in battle like darkness and mug? That's probably the best part of customizing your party.

She gets kidnapped/put in danger, like, eighteen times. That counts for something, right?

No.

Ardyn is the best villain btw

Attached: Numbers rule the Universe.jpg (850x400, 39K)

>Is it weird that squall wants to fuck the daughter of the girl Laguna wanted to fuck?

Yes.

cringe. Numbers are what humans attach to physical and quantum concepts to ascertain mechanism and function.
Take this metaphysical shit back to tumblr or whatever indigo child Facebook group you crawled out of.

That's as close to incesteous as they dared make their relationship. They of course couldn't have made them actual siblings as that would've received way too much backlash from around the world.

Have you been in a coma since 2016?

This place is pretty spooky the first time one visits there.

Attached: ddruins3-gigapixeled (1) edited.jpg (1280x1600, 1.74M)

Attached: ddruins6-edit (3).png (800x1024, 1.44M)

>he doesn't have the key to the universe

Attached: Tesla key.jpg (850x400, 79K)

Yes, I know, that's exactly why I wrote that comment. The dude I replied to used something Cloud said as evidence to support a theory he likes. Cloud says a lot of stuff which isn't right, such having been a First Class Soldier. .

>le ebin ye old crazy engineer
post one relevant scholar who had any notable contribution to their field who says stupid shit like that.

>talking about Tesla like that
You just ridiculed yourself in front of everyone.

kill yourself larper. You know nothing of the sciences.

You mention sciences, interesting. On that very topic, tell me user; what is the Tarot? I know you can't answer this properly and will only get upset and spout nonsense, but it will be entertaining nonetheless.

Balthier, the true leading man of FFXII, fucked his rabbit companion.

>The tarot (/ˈtæroʊ/; first known as trionfi and later as tarocchi or tarock) is a pack of playing cards, used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play games such as Italian tarocchini, French tarot and Austrian Königrufen, of which many are still played today. In the late 18th century, some tarot packs began to be used as a trend for divination via tarot card reading and cartomancy leading to custom packs developed for such occult purposes.
from Wikipedia. And before you
>Wikipedia
me, go ahead and give me any sort of empirical sounding reasoning behind literal 15th century playing cards I'll wait.

So in other words, you can't answer in your own words?

no I can't master please enlighten me with your superior divination skills and blessed wisdom.

After you've given your short description of it.

No no, I'm all ears please. If you know soi much about science please explain to me how quantum mechanics or heuristic analysis or brain physiology is explained by your ordered, numbered cards.

See:

>merely pretending
A fitting end to a shit thread. Have a good night friend.

Attached: agony2.gif (260x260, 1.72M)

Already wrote my text (pic related) shortly after this post: Just waiting for your reply. Just give us all your personal description of what you think it is. Just a sentence or two. Please try. I won't laugh at you, only correct you and inform you what it is - which is funny to mention, considering you talked about sciences.

Attached: anon....png (405x134, 15K)

>us all
lmao
>tarot is the science of human psychology and archetypes
please please I can only cringe so much Jesus fuck.

Attached: 1534848948285.gif (300x212, 2.58M)

Which character had a massive mental breakdown, and was living a complete lie the entire game? Who had to have his girlfriend travel into his mind in order to snap him out of it?
Squall qualified to be a SeeD, Cloud couldn't fucking hack being a SOLDIER. Squall is an effective leader, salvaging multiple operations to the best of his ability despite most of them being rigged from the start and being bogged down with useless bungling fuckwits. Becomes leader of Balamb Garden. Cloud was merely hired muscle at best, never taking any real initiative until the last acts of the game.

Yes, could you see the rest?

The Tarot is the science of human psychology and archetypes. It is the first science book ever created, written in images, documenting reality.

I'll add that its origins, that is; the symbolism within the Major Arcana, long before it became known as the Tarot, far predates the 15th century, by thousands of years.

>Jesus
As expected, you're one of those people.

Good points.

>Jesus
I'm an athiest but thank God I'm not as dumb as you.

Attached: 1522000372338.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

This is some true fucking cringe right here. I'm just trying to find out how this thread devolved far enough to get this fucking post.

And based on that statement (assuming you're of native European blood) and attitudes demonstrated earlier, I can plainly see you're one of those people who have abandoned your native religion and someone who spits upon our ancestors. You're likely an American.

Remember this user, as it might do you good later in life: no man is as profoundly ignorant as the man who falsely believe himself to be wise.

>says the tarot card reader

Let me guess, to you the word "Tarot" simply means "fortune telling" right? Those are the kinds of things which appear in your mind? Well, therein lies your problem. It in fact has nothing whatsoever to do with any such thing. And anyone who treats it as such a thing is an idiot.

>implying the gunblade isn't a two-handed sword

Attached: 44644730_381489659059384_8893901882100158829_n.jpg (1080x1244, 64K)

okay, fuck you Kitase, the R=U theory actually makes sense, and it's not random asspulls like the squall is dead theory. He had one fucking chance to redeem the story of this shitty fucking game and he just threw it in the garbage.

This is embarrassing to read.

>Posting during American prime time
>being American
God damn sherlock those cards must really be speaking to you!

You are not supposed to "read" Tarot cards. I know exactly what you believe it is, which is the same nonsense people who are "into it" ("fortune telling" etc) believe. And all of that is incorrect. When you strip away the modern nonsensical use of it, the Tarot is purely a map of human psychology and human experiences. It is an ancient scientific instrument to understand human life. Nothing else.

>these are the people we share a board with

Attached: 1533051743258.png (580x800, 267K)

It's 07:00 here. That means 7 AM.

Wow a 24 clock we got a real genius here!

Attached: BoneHurtingJuice.png (700x700, 438K)

This is bullshit. Cloud grabbed his pencil dick and tossed his ass into the nearest trashcan. There's no way a pussy like him could be the real villain. He got his ass handed to him by some loser who ended up in a wheelchair.
Cloud fought Sephiroth's fake mommy the whole time. And he won.

>this an non-human who posts on our board
Get the fuck out you space nigger. Go back to the moon.

Attached: 15394621687081.jpg (750x823, 90K)

Yes indeed user, most people who aren't Americans tend to not use AM/PM; we just use numbers and know when it's morning, afternoon, night etc. Amazing isn't it? To think we can do that without needing letters. And you might not have realized this, but for us it's not an actual "24 hour clock" - rather, it's simply a normal 12 hour clock.

Attached: 12 hour clock.jpg (368x480, 132K)

Nice selfie.

>Samefagging this hard after defending the tarot of all things
I'm out of images that would imply you are of lesser intelligence.

HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT SEPHIROTH OR CLOUD!!!!11

>!!!!11
Good bait ends with !!!!1!!!1! or !!!!1!!

Except she wasn't a villain. She played 4d chess better than Ultimacia.

>muh samefag
No idea why you assume I was trying to samefag. Were you under the assumption this post: was mine? That was not me.

I'll use a tripcode from now on just for you. Enjoy.

based
it's a good thing 12 had such a great lead character because the rest of it was shit

oh please keep your trip on so I can filter your dumb ass.

Attached: Edd_Boy.jpg (750x624, 73K)

I'll take emulator for 1000 alex.

Attached: StillBetter.jpg (1430x988, 422K)

Oh, you little baby. Is the truth hurting your head?

Yea Forums and any other board is considered like life.

It changes. You either adapt or go away.

I'd say it's gone to shit when the FIRST changes to Yea Forums as a whole took in affect. So then when the new group invades, they think it's whatever they perceive Yea Forums is. More people adapt to that idea on whatever the majority thought of what it is, thus leaving OGs feeling like their community has died. Fast forward 2-3 years~ more changes and now the previous generation thinks current generation is shit.

And now we have this endless loop of shit.

So the people that has been here since day 1 is the most entitled to complain since majority of us fucks ruined it.

>b-b-b-but emulating it is stealing from square enix! and it's not the official way of playing the game! the remaster is the official and canon way to play the game! it's how it should be experienced!

Attached: welp.jpg (640x853, 73K)

>It changes. You either adapt or go away.
I still think anything past 10 it shit and 7 remake is trash you will never break me.

good it's not just me then

Attached: frens.gif (251x240, 1.98M)

Yeah I agree too but it's hard to determine that because we were introduced during what our generation thought was innovative.

What if we grew up during 7 remake and had zero idea what an actual RPG felt like.

Take resident evil 2 remake, I personally didn't like it as much as the OG because it didn't feel like the horror games I grew up with (Silent hill, RE OGs)

The dialogues reminded me on how late millennial and Gen Z talk and react.

But the current generation WILL LOVE the fuck outta these games because that's how they were introduced to the scene.

I haven't enjoyed anything past 10 either but it's not just that game.. it's MOST games.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 75K)

Fair enough

The FF7 remake will indeed be shit. It should be painfuly obvious to everyone by now. The fact it will have voice acting almost alone guarantees this. That combined with Squenix inserting their new characters into the game is more than enough for me never wanting to play it.

Attached: 51-516977_view-frens-pepe-fren.png (1357x641, 620K)

>SQUEENIX
>2020+
If you're not expecting mediocrity you should be playing fortnite.

>frogposter
>tarot card reader
hang on, I must not have filtered you correctly.

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-VII_20160307201629.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

See: But of course, you're not interested in truth. Only remaining in your personal little bubble is what matters and that it never shatters.

I gave up on the FF series April 1st 2003.

Very interesting.

lmao this is why I have no filters. You may disagree with me about the importance of tarot, but we can both agree that SE is shit.
as this is a video game board, I expect you to understand. SE a shit.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23-22-59-18-1.png (1079x711, 87K)

based

No.

has the 8 remake been fit girl'd yet?

Every year that passes, I get closer to thinking VIII is the best in the series.

Well, anyone, even an American, like you, should be able to see that Squenix is a cancer to the series so that doesn't surprise me much.

I know there's no real point talking about the Tarot (or probably any other esoteric knowledge in any field at all for that matter) with you as your mind is closed shut, but I'll say this last thing -- I mean, just get the following: We have two completely different perceptions and ideas about /what/ the Tarot even is. In other words our opinions are /based on/ two entirely different understandings. To you and many others it's "reading cards" and "fortune telling" (which I don't believe in btw), but I see it as being something entirely different. *

* (it is what I wrote earlier that it is, but I'll just add super briefly: the Major Arcana is the real "meat" of it; within those 22 cards are encoded supremely important symbolism, the cards themselves aren't magical or anything, what makes them important is what they contain and what they represent - and those cards are connected to the signs of the zodiac, and quick comment about that: the zodiac/astrology isn't fortune telling either, it's very similar to the Tarot in that it's also a map of human psychology, and it's not about rocks out in space; it's entirely about the inside of the mind)

Attached: Vincent niw3xhAtpr1shabu3o1.png (1024x717, 810K)

Here's Rinoa and Squall. Card 8.

Whatever. I've been awake the whole night and getting tired. This is probably my last post.

Attached: 5e3531bfdef7aa8142c41bae1b962dbd.jpg (800x1408, 1000K)

I'll pray to Jesus for you

>not knowing that XIV slowly became the best FF years ago
Can someone make The Virgin Nomura and the Chad Yoshida

>became the best FF years ago
>Implying it wasn't shit years ago and it's still shit now

Attached: Oh my.jpg (802x1080, 159K)

says the guy who literally dies at the end of disc 1

Attached: 1565018064434.jpg (612x612, 91K)

I died fucking your mom at disc 1...lmao

O0F