Underrail civilized discussion

underrail jacks

FUCK yes FINALLY i managed to find a few crossbow super string, anatomically aware scope and a 84 quality Cyclon part AND a fucking bolt quiver. gotta wait for next level to get one more int and then bowyer and craft a good bow! at core city now

Attached: underrail.jpg (639x361, 41K)

>it's another enemy is completely immune to crits on my crit energy pistol build
FUCK SHROOMLINGS

enjoy finding much better quality parts immediately after crafting your new baby

and the cycle continues

Attached: 1550513493804.gif (300x300, 313K)

That's why you keep a shottie with you at all times.

are pistols the only kind of energy weapon there is?

>Yahota likes it if you intimidate her
This isn't helping her case, at all.

Attached: 20190923220836_1.png (1600x900, 1.85M)

I was like you, but now I laugh at your pathetic crossbow, literal toothpick shooter.

Tranquility or Psychosis for Tank Psi? I don't see anything about 30% like what people were saying. has it been reworked?

oh yea? what you use now then?

Wait, Cyclon is fine. Consider taking pneumatic reloader instead of string, net damage will be lower, but you'll make more shots. Also take Critical power in future.

As I said, Cyclon is fine, just don't spoil it with superstring.

Attached: cross.jpg (1920x1080, 951K)

They're talking about Survival Insticnts which needs you below 30% for extra crit.

My second playthrough save just got wiped at institute of tchort after dlc. Did I luck out? Now I can do that energy/chem pistol build I've been wanting to try and spare myself dc

I AM PURE PSI
I TOOK TEMPORAL MANIPULATION AND THOUGHT CONTROL
AND FORCEFIELD
I KILL THINGS BY USING temporal distortion, BILOCATION, FORCEFIELD, AND RUNNING AWAY
I HAVE NO AOE

On the other hand, Last Stand + Hemopsychosis.

Never understood the meme xbow builds and how you are supposed to deal with enemies in DC with insane amounts of DR.

Does Armor Sloping reduce the armor penalty added by a Psi Beetle Carapace, even if it's not technically a metal plate?

I'm really loving this atmosphere of this game. It reminds me so much of tiberian sun so I get a great feeling of nostalgia.
Thank you anons

Attached: 1564775838956.jpg (600x642, 63K)

N O
O

yeah gonna go for anatomy and pneumatic

No, just take Nimble.

it's a beetle shell it's already slope as fuck lmao

literally where the fuck is this generator i cleared three outposts already and im pretty sure 2 of them are behind those rocks.

DUMB

1 map north and 1 map west from old jonas

ROOF

NIGGER

What level should i be to get to the expansion? just finished foundry and next stop is core city. i am level 19

It's time.

>19
it's too late now
you'll crush the expansion

good. fuck seabugs and pirate scum

Play as a hammer wizard
Play as a nimble hammer

immolation sniper is best

Shotgun Wizard for Hard Y/N?

Just beat the game on normal with a Sniper/AR tincan without using any psi. Would I get shit on if I tried to roleplay a psi monk on hard? As in, robes only, no weapons.

>Play as a nimble hammer
Been there, done that. It was fun for a while but got pretty monotone. Still more fun than tank hammer or AR.

>Freak out that Dude's portal led me to an army base
>Get to the second area, confident in my ability to clear out these grunts and officers
>Lights switch off

Attached: 1545895289486.jpg (638x501, 66K)

Got lost, Morakht? You'll be fine.

Im still in the baby stages of the nimble hammerer so I cant say much, however so far it has been pretty fun so far, or thats just my autism speaking

I am using FN+2 burst, it's pretty dank with concentrated fire + ex burst. Basically out of ammo now. PepeHands, down in cryo storage, facing the big fucks and not alot of mines :/

It's just that after a while every fight devolves into a connect the dots minigame. It's still fun because one mistake and you probably die, but it's still the same routine every time.

thats why i went crossbows. lots of bolts n shit. tried smg before and it was boring

Hm.
Which makes wonder, on a nimble can with tichrome hammer and tabis, also pummel for 0 ap spec

Fancy Footwork or Hit and Run?
Im seeing Sprint alone wont suffice

fancy footwork is meant for hammer and hit and run is meant for guns
heh tough luck hammerlet

I'd only go with Fancy Footwork if you also plan on grabbing Escape Artist. Otherwise Hit and Run has it beat pretty handily on requirements alone.

is 13 STR (11+ 2 from feat) too low of a hammer/tincan build? Im seeing numbers of 15 to 18 in builds here and i can't help but feel that i fuck up

Attached: 1493017960618.jpg (309x300, 8K)

Back then I played around a bit with both, but ultimately Hit and Run served me better. It's part of the connect the dots thing I mentioned. One hit one kill on to the next. Even when a taze and Expose Weakness is needed HnR was still better. Unless you don't start from stealth?

go 18 con

Just how much am I getting if I get the expansion to replay the game? Ten Euros right now is a little too much, but I want to play new builds after having finished it just now. Should I wait until the Christmas sale and let the ecstatic feelings of the moment go away on their own? I remember I got this game ages ago for a sweet discount, but never really played it until recently.
>inb4 it's just 10 dollars/Euros hurrr 3rd world poorfag
For me it's a lot of money at the moment and if all I'm getting is Deep Caverns: The Interlude I'd rather wait for a sale. Essentially redpill me on the expansion.

You playing Classic or Oddity? Just finished Rail Crossing and some minor quests and entered Core City and I'm only level 9.

>tfw can't decide on a second playthrough build

Attached: dude.jpg (618x412, 73K)

yeah i think these portraits are pretty good. thanks bro.

Attached: smug_l.png (100x100, 18K)

>For me it's a lot of money at the moment
Just fucking steal it holy shit why are you buying games if it hurts your budget so much?

>Escape artist
Tanked my dex to 3, so that's not a possiblity

No stealth build, so not a chance neither
Guess HnR it is then

whats the minimun INT for max benefit?

15 STR is the minimum planned achievement, any less than that and you might run into troubles in late game

Classic. I ventured to many caves on My way. Not that ooster

>Deep Caverns: The Interlude
That's not inaccurate.

Ah that's why then. Oddity is the way to play.

Attached: 1566426826890.gif (269x350, 93K)

>like the game and want to keep on playing
>got to depot A
>not that difficult, but i have a bigger issue
>sword character and everything so far has been just me throwing grenades at groups of enemies
>haven't even managed to craft a proper machete because the knives are a million times better so far
>looking at the sword feats i really can't find a reason to use a machete or sword at all since there are only groups of enemies
>1vs1 i win
>me vs everyone else and i have to resort to throwing bombs
the other playstyle i like are pistols, but they are also shit in this game

Then I guess I'll wait for the sale.

>You did fuck up
Well shit, i guess i'll make another character, im not to far in anyway, thanks for the help

I feel your pain. It has gotten to the point where I can only progress through pure stealth and careful traps. My stealth is high enough that nobody can spot me but my perception is too low to spot enemies stealthing so I am now in a state of permanent stealth. If an enemy even blinks in my direction my character dies in a single turn, It's suffering but I will finish this game with this build.

>Tanked my dex to 3
lmao

Just pirate it, mate.
And just to give you some context, Deep Caverns has always been my favorite area in the game. Expedition reminds me of it in a lot of ways, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good. So you know, if the baseline is that I have shit taste, Expedition might be better than you fear.

>roof nigga turf
>pop irongut
>pop jumping bean
>ice shield
>PS-projection
>contraction
>enter
>throw a flare down
>six fuckers
>THE FUCKERS DASH TOWARDS ME AND
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>ICE
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>ICE
>LOC
>PREMEDITATION
>MASS MENTAL BREAKDOWN ALL OF THEM
>LAYER TEMPORAL DISTORTION ON THE BIGGEST FUCKERS
>end turn
>LAYER TEMPORAL DISTORTION ON THE BIG FUCKERS
>FUCKING DRESS THEM UP IN THIS SHIT BC TRANQ+MEDITATION
>end turn
>BIGGEST FUCKERS COLLAPSE INTO A BLACK HOLE
>THE REST OF THEM GET 4-8 STACKS
>LAYER THEM ALL SOME MORE
>end turn
>THEY ALL BLIP OUT OF EXISTENCE WITHOUT EVER LEAVING BREAKDOWN
ROOF NIGGERS GETTTTT DABBED ON FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS YOU FUCKING DESERVE IT YOU FUCK FUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS IMMA TEABAG YOUR BROKEN FORMS UNTIL MY SCROTUM IS FUCKING NUMB FROM YOUR POISONOUS SHIT FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK ROOF NIGGERS FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: tenor.gif (498x359, 453K)

based tempral ripple user

Dont need it really

Guys, This game has been getting spouted a lot and i'm interested. Is it really a good game that's worth my time and money or is this just some weird meme?? Please respond.

Attached: ripped.jpg (310x163, 5K)

nice, glad you are enjoying it

>jetskis don't use your armor sprite when you're riding them
REEEEEEE

It's objectively the most fun way to play the game.

I kinda wish I built the character entirely around TC and TM but that would not be fluffy enough desu.

Fuck off we're full

Once you get past the growing pains it will literally suck out at least 100 hours you could have spent doing anything else. Run away.

Its good, but if you're not into cRPGs you might not "Get it" until a you dump a few hours into the game/wiki, its that kind of game, but once you get it it holds you for weeks

What makes you think this game is a dumb meme?

So I talked to the muties and my options are to either kill everyone or get them medical supplies and equipment, but no one I talk to at the camp gives me an option to bring it up. I figured either the doctor or the commander would have something to say, or at the very least the professor.

Alright time to get this game off of my backlog, I haven't played it in nearly 3 years and I completely forgot about it. Is there anything I should really avoid doing on my "first" character? I guess I just want to know what isn't viable so I can avoid speccing in the wrong combination of shit and turning on no-fun mode.

Attached: 1548691645913.jpg (1280x1707, 864K)

Call the doctor through the comm device. It's pretty dumb and the devs promised to change it, but that's how it is for now.

Call Doctor Savage through your Aegis Hotline.

Use the Aegis phone

>Is there anything I should really avoid doing on my "first" character?
Making a POS build.

Just a really good CRPG. Meat and Potatoes. Make a character, make a build, crunch numbers, murder your enemies.
Solid story and writing, Good world.

Playing stealth sniper + smgs without evasion or dodge, been at core city. Is the game still clear-able?

Unless you are taking the psipill (which reduces your HP by 25%) I'd recommend sticking to only one type of weapons.
And even if you are sticking to firearms or melee, you need to decide which melee or firearms you are actually going to use in the long run since more often than not feats provide benefits only for specific kind of weapon, for example pistols or sledgehammers.
Also crafting doesn't suck.
Lockpicking and hacking is awfully useful along with social skills.

Attached: 1527308208115.jpg (177x177, 12K)

yes
it's very hard to lose the game
but very easy to lose the fun

Pick a skill and weapon, then stick with it. Specialize, do not generalize.

Just a few things to have in mind
*4 of any stat is, aparently, useless becouse its all feats start at 5 and having 1 point less doesn't make a remarkable diference, if its not important keep it at 3
*This game rewards specialization, that means you can't and won't be doing everything, focus on doing 1 combat skill to be very good at and you are good to go
*Granades and caltrops are your friends and you should use them
*Crafting is essential if you want to have a good time, crafting feats also help a lot depending of what you want to build, don't pick them at random either
*Low frequency shields are the best

>Playing stealth sniper + smgs without evasion or dodge
Question 1, are you properly using stealth, traps, and throwing.

Question 2, (answer only if yes to question 1) are you still having fun?

Attached: 85e[1].jpg (764x551, 263K)

What I'm going to add to my post is that Junkyard's Depot A which is the fourth main quest is a good sink or swim test of character and chances are that your first character will suck or you'll realize that you'd rather play some other build.
As with all CRPGs having to punch in stats into a character before even playing the game is quiet hard without any references and chances are you'll mess up on the first try.

>*Granades and caltrops
IT'S MOLOTOVS NOT GRENADES YOU
TRIPLE NIGGER

>
>IT'S MOLOTOVS NOT GRENADES YOU TRIPLE NIGGER
>Read crafting recepy
>It says "Incendiary Granade"

Going to do my first heavy armor build and probably going to use shotguns because its the new hotness. I'm thinking about going 8 str and 10 con for thick skull since I'm going non psi and then pumping the rest of my points into per. I'm guessing thick skull is pretty necessary to shake off stuff like crawlers, spiders and psions right?

Wait, why low frequency shields? Not that guy, but I figured they'd be best kept at high frequency to keep from dying to blasts and bullets. I've got dodge and armor to keep myself safe in melee... I think?

Only stealth and throwing for me. Used some bear traps at depot A and that was it.

MOLOTOV
IS
NOT
A
GRENADE

Thick Skull is very good, but not amazing early as not much will be stunning you.
Also, be aware that things like flash bangs (incapacitated) are not affected by this perk.
But for anything past the beginning, thick skull is a very good defensive perk.

I cleared the game with a no dodge/evade stealth sniper. You just have to scope out the area and lay down traps before you begin an engagement. Make sure you have bear traps and flashbangs at the ready and always have the correct type of bullets for the job.

Conditioning, Thick Skull and Last Stand are the holy trilogy of 10 CON tanks
Also, if you dont care for mobility at all, get 9 STR so you can use very tanky and sturdy Tungsten metal armour

A lot of these faggots are technically right but don't listen to them if you are playing on normal. You don't have to min-max this hard to beat the game and will likely just end up making it harder for yourself, because these min-max builds are designed around game knowledge you don't have.

>4-5 of any stat is useless and a waste of points.
Technically true but also wrong.
Taking 4+ means more skill points in the long run and still gives you some bonuses.
I take 4 in CON on my low armor characters and sometimes that little bit of extra HP means I survive an attack that would have killed me with 3.

If you use light of sight and max range kiting, properly utilize all the utility equipment and plan every fight before hand, you don't need more then 3 CON.

Don't try and go rifles/psi/melee.
Pick a single fighting style and git gud at it.
You can still go very light into psi for utility but don't do it for damage.

Crafting is important but you CAN get by without it. Their are a lot of special rare items that are just as good or better then crafted gear with special effects crafted gear lacks.
Crafting is still fun though.

Different shields protect you from different kinds of attacks.
The one that protects you from what you are weakest to.

Attached: cottonpadfiresr02[1].jpg (1200x630, 161K)

>dying to blasts and bullets
First of all, what are the odds of that? Its not like guy with gun is the most deadly enemy in the game but a melee mob is probably going to hit either like a total bitch or like a truck and high frequency isn't going to do much against either, but low frequency still has adequate defence against that, just not as much

That's your problem.

Snipers are suppose to set up a minefield before fights. Your first shot sends them all charging at you and you just sit back and pick off the ones that survive the death trap.

Unless you went tin can sniper.
Then you just have to throw caltraps at your feet and hope you can kill them all before they reach you.

Attached: OMG-WHY-ARE-U-WEREING-MY-PINK-DRESS-mintys-funny-stuff-36940519-857-536[1].jpg (857x536, 156K)

>I take 4 in CON on my low armor characters and sometimes that little bit of extra HP means I survive an attack that would have killed me with 3.
If that's the case your practically deserve the loss anyway.

>Jet skis cost tens of thousands of dollars
>their parts all cost thousands of dollars
>Al Fabet was right
>I thought I was rich
>I was a fool

Attached: 1509319005042.jpg (375x375, 39K)

Thanks fellas just tossed $20 at it. Can't wait to spend 10 hours on the wiki.

>Imagine your gun not automatically ensnaring anyone you hit for 2 turns
>Imagine having trouble dealing with melee

Attached: Testing_XAL-001[1].png (300x200, 81K)

A molotov is a type of incendiary grenade :^)

>He thinks it will only take 10 hours

Attached: 7982176219.gif (800x430, 897K)

Have you ever played a 3 con character?
1 stim heals you to full.
most strong hits will insa kill you.
1 point in con lets you take an extra hit or survive what would be 1 turn kill.
Especially from the, well I won't spoil it.
The thing designed to counter low con builds.

Yeah, i can imagine that pretty vividly actually, you are in the same thread where everyone complains about roof niggers dude, and its the same game that has vest with "200% damage threshold agains bullets" as a default and it can go up to 350% if you want to, its not hard dealing with bullets, but the guy that gets close to you and gives you a billion debuffs its a problem

That's why you play a hammer wizard.

It would be better for you to actually play the fucking game and learn instead of trying to make sense of some abstract data taken out of context, from a largely incomplete Wiki no less.

Will enemies attack their bilocation clone? Trying to decide if its worth dipping for that. 35 is a lot of skill for something you're not properly investing into.

Bilocation is useless on the player's side.

They won't, and even if they do, doppelgangers can only take damage from Neural Overload.

It's not worth it if you are not pure psi for lotus of control.

>Will enemies attack their bilocation clone
No. Bilocation is very, VERY situational, and requires mandatory 7 Will. Frighten is way more useful for dipping. Still one hella dip though.

How do I into peak hammerguns?
-t. Shock steel sledgehammer + plasma pistol. Just got to core city

I CAN'T FUCKING FIND GRAPHITE ANYWHERE WHAT THE FUCK
NOT A SINGLE SHOP FROM CORE CITY TO JUNKYARD HAS IT

What builds are viable on hard?

Attached: 629595a7.jpg (540x540, 36K)

>muties won't let me look for my stupid chip thing
>fail every persuasion and intimidation check
>doc won't give me supplies to bribe the muties

OH WELL

Attached: b30a03566437e42d545174bbb299ca70.gif (499x408, 932K)

at least you're not looking for napalms
all of them, only dominating filters build (all of them provided you're not wasting points all over the place)

underrail made me realize i can't enjoy games where savescumming is a necessity no matter how well they're designed. imagine if you were able to savescum in mgs (fuck off emulatorfags). zero challenge.

Arent muties hostile from getgo? How do you bribe them?

Is chem actually worth it i'm only using poisoned caltraps and flashbangs?

Can you make upgraded flashbangs or something?

Attached: 1563175233940.gif (268x200, 1.69M)

Constantine.

i just checked him
he doesn't fucking have it the piece of shit

Well shit. He has it for me. Better buy it.
Thanks user.

you can't upgrade perfection

Be gay. Do crime. Use gas grenades.

I just read Locust Of Control and what the actual fuck. Who approved this shit.

I had three pieces of Graphite in his inventory a few minutes ago.
You do have 95 mercantile, do you?

i am not a jew
i just want some ap rounds for killing the beast man

In the DLC there's a camp of them that aren't totally insane and hostile to you immediately. I'm pretty sure you need high stealth or social to get what you want without killing them all.

Attached: 1569212190842.gif (242x210, 894K)

>i am not a jew
Suits yourself then, Goy.

Post hammer wizard or melee wizard build pls and ty.

Attached: 1567912983570.png (311x301, 141K)

you just have to lie to the doc about the supplies being authorized
Captain hates it and cuts your pay a bit but what's a couple hundred charons at this point anyway?

>Constantine has 100+ quality marauder frame
>shit my pants, highest quality rifle I've seen so far
>he's not selling any barrels for it
>have to go all the way back to core city

The captain said he'd ship me back to shore if I ever disrespect him again, so I didn't want to risk it.

So does the rat king

They are fucking impossible to craft.
What do you go to that 1 spot by SGS ever hour and pick up 1 single toxic barrel?
How do you get the mats?

Do the muties have any cool shit on their island? Thinking about running back there and looting it.

>lightly armored
>obligatory TM and TK dips
>Hard
Swords or spears?

bro...

Attached: file.png (323x251, 118K)

Is there a stealth way out of the free drone base? (after gassing them)

Fuck deathstalkers. Do I need 9 perc and night vision to have a chance to see these fuckers? I got 8 and I can never see them until they have already stung me. I can usually see them hiding afterwards.

Assault rifles + sniper rifles + grenades here. Medium armor.

My best tactic is to throw molotov or magnesium grenades around, stand in the middle of it for some protection, laugh like a madman and net them when I bump them. Take a step back and snipe them the next turn.

>hyperallogenic every time

>sniper rifles without maxed perception
What the heck are you doing?

Just use tungsten metal gear, get 60 mech DT and death stalkers stop being a problem

Jesus christ squishies are retarded

WHAT GOT DELETED

Personally I think I've only found 4 or 5 mats for toxic gas in my entire playthrough, but each one makes 3 grenades so that's plenty for rough spots that warrant them. Most of the time I just use mark 4s and magnesiums.

you won't be spotting them so you may as well learn to fight them blind. that strat seem to work for you. personally tasers are more reliable than nets for me but if you've got the throwing, no reason not to. flares are cheaper to throw around and also reveal stealthed units.

Spears are cooler, but you can't be a trenchcoat weeaboo with spears.

You actually need give or take 234 detection to spot them in good light.
You get 10 detection for every point in per.

Critting for like 200-600 or something at 95%?

I just did a sideways upgrade to use the dragunov because I can get two shots with it instead of one with my 8.6 reaper. Also started using shredder ammo

Grenades, caltrops, traps, and bumping are the only real strategies for effectively dealing with them until you have an assload of perception. With 211 detection and flares everywhere I still can't see them. I just toss caltrops at my feet in some corner and wait.

Fuckers. I got through the deathstalkers near the ladders by rail crossing, so I guess I got it down. Dont have the weapons or armor to beat the black stalker yet though.

That sounds good too. My original goal was to be a tank in heavy armor but I didn't have the crafting for it. Everyone is selling the same garbage galvanic steel armor. Sometimes with spikes on it. I get better resistance and movement with an overcoat though

I wasn't getting any answers. So I deleted the picture.

Now (you) will never know.

Nigga
Just complete Foundry questline and finger Leonie's vagoo for high quality Tungsten
It aint that hard

Builds for this feel?

Attached: 3592dac8f162ca4e98d17e7ec2141015.gif (430x242, 2.12M)

Yahota is fine but she needs a quest. Aegis needs quests like pirates to really stand on its own.

Paranoia, motion detecting goggles, flares and food.

I'm running a chem build and I just throw globs of shit everywhere and savescum until I can root them in place.

Laser Wizard.

Energy pistols user.
They are built entirely around getting crits and exploding people.

Shotguns and snipers can also do that but each has range constrictions.

Strongest build in game I guess?

You can sneak your way down with 0 stealth skills and there are other agility checks and shit too. Fucking murderhobos grugs

No, that would be psi.

100% accurate AoE stuns and fears with no cooldown if built right.

What anime
I need it

no, that would probably be pure psi
but they're definitely strong, i plowed through the expansion and base game with them.
you have something like 50% chance to crit for 1000% damage for regular attacks

Is Balor's Hammer a joke item?

*Psi can also 100% accuracy crit explode people, with a guaranteed crit ability and higher changes over all.

No
Only a punny knifefag would say such thing

No it's an autism item.

You had to have min-maxed your build from the start in order to use it.

Attached: 1559751608301.jpg (700x460, 265K)

Which one?

Attached: headbands.jpg (965x482, 183K)

If you spec it right, as in 10PER/12WIL/10INT with broken feats like Locus of Control it's definitely a top tier build.

>failing to be a REAL chad

Attached: 1358912375912.gif (479x479, 2.69M)

Pretty sure its Psycho Pass but I don't recall that scene

Thanks bre

>min-maxed from the start
>put str at 10, +1 each level up
some 20 INT strategy there

how the fuck do you go back to a non-crafting character after playing a crafty focus big brain build?

the thought of having to deal with vendor trash and shit drops hurts my soul, especially shield emitters.

Attached: 1536422203376.png (1280x720, 1.46M)

Where the fuck do you find the friendly native nigger?

Lot of people wouldn't dump their 1+ levels into more strenght, or just get enough for feats

You dont. You always craft. Always.

Get into crafting anyway at higher levels.
Vender gear has gotten too shitty to keep up around level 15 but that's just in time even with my braindead assault rifle build I am so good at shooting people I can just dump all my skill points into crafting now.

Hug west, then go north until you bump into the first natives in a tiny island with big cavern entrance full of traps

cave off to the west, just south of the big scalie village. you gotta jetski up a river for a screen or two.

I can't spare the points until much later game, if at all, let alone proper minmax and dump int.

>they don't appreciate a proper 3 INT grug hammer build to outgrug the natives

There is literally no build made better by not investing in crafting.

strongman please go

Attached: underrail 2019-09-23 20-44-17-48.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

I'd recommend a sneaky/trap/hack/pick build

i know, that's why i'm butthurt i feel compelled to set aside points for it, which gives me way less wiggle room to try new things. don't get me wrong, i'm not literally incapable of playing suboptimal-tier full autismo, but it hurts to think of all that good shit i'm missing out on.

Would be a shame if they had psi users with bilocation :)

Not him but i get you, half of any character is his gear after all

Throwing knife build?
Unarmed, stealth trapper?

Attached: 1405843044189s.jpg (171x250, 6K)

Motion detection goggles and shields are much better when crafted user

fug.

Well I tried.

just don't fall into the trap of maxing EVERY crafting skill.
it's 20 chem/bio for gas grenades
40 chem for flashbang
70 bio for hypercerebrix
40(?) bio for adrenaline
35 electronics for emps
these aren't massive point investments

Do you really even need chem though?
You can just buy flashbangs.
Only argument would be for gas nades and while powerful, you only have the mat's to make like what 9?

>10PER/12WIL/10INT
That's a garbage stat spread for energy pistols.

>mat limit?
3 INT? johan sells toxic sludge almost every refresh

It seems like a Laser/Plasma and Psi build, in which case it makes sense.

It's more than enough to get you through Hard without any problem and also invest in a sub weapon.

>35 electronics
>Remember shields exist
>150 electronics

No it's stupid. Dex and Agi is going to be more important than fucking will. Most of the good psi stuff doesn't need Will in the first place.

anyone here have any experience in SMG operator-type builds? can I get some tips? you don't need str at all, I assume. expertise and the suppressing fire/opportunist combo seem like essentials. anything else super useful?

was it consensual mind-rape?

Attached: 20190923194312_1.jpg (1280x800, 196K)

Where does one go to begin the Expedition quest lines and around what level should you be?

grenadier, spec ops, supp fire/opportunist, expertise, get a billion dex and you can even pick three pointer if you feel like it. full auto is not worth it

>locust hives
Who the fuck thought this was fun?

Pretty much.
You always had the option of making him stop at any time.
I'm currently sparing every faceless I can, is that a bad idea?

neat, was pretty much what i was thinking. any particular frames or uniques I should look out for?

>give up after getting stuck on grey base
>come back with a new psi character
>massacre half the base and make off with a horde of expensive guns and spec ops armour
Sweet revenge.

if you can beat the Arena and Gauntlet, you can go.

the unique you can find in depot A may last you a little while, but uniques suck for the most part. I was using a 5mm jaguar and a 8.6 steel cat by the end of the game (and a silenced 5mm jag on the side for the tacticool RP in me). Join coretech and throw plasma grenades and flashbangs while raining down shock bullets/AP bullets on your enemies.

the only frame I really didn't like was the jackrabbit

why am I getting 1 shot by protectorate faggots in the warehouse

I mean i know i have to be sneaky and shit but it's still frustrating that as soon as i get discovered some faggot 1 shots me with an aimed shot

Probably the same guy that put burrowers in the gauntlet

thanks, bre
here i go to be tacticool

Don't forget that you need a tacticool portrait

I'm about where you are and I'm doing pretty much every other quest i can because I dont want to fight protectorate.

I could probably take them now but I dont want to because I like them more than tanner

Is steadfast aim worth it for an energy pistol build?

>strongmen have like 50%/50 mech defense
>so do crabs
>only have 60 anti armor rounds total
>burst nigger so I'll just waste most of them on misses
>only way to reliably do damage is spam HE grenades and burst
>burst only starts doing damage after the 3rd or 4th shot
>burned through ~500 rounds
>only have like 30 kills to show for it

Attached: 1538687985581.png (1280x738, 1.02M)

That's why you always play as a Laser Wizard.

sometimes? if you've already got the str doing a laser tin can it's pretty good, but it's not really worth the stat points AND the feat if you don't. plasma pistols gain the most from it and you probably won't ever fire those without aimed shot's guaranteed crit anyway. regular energy pistols only get an extra 2.5% crit chance or something tiny. it does help noticeably for electroshocks though.

New person that went oddity XP as a Pure PSI build, but feel weak AF with the oddity XP people recommend. I wanna retry with a fast OP build that uses Classic XP for my build (cuz Oddity XP makes me be feeling super weak for the game, even as Psi XP). How should I play as I restart as a noob who wants to enjoy the game and retry it as a person who doesn't feel weak n useless. Feelin' OP would make me enjoy this much more. How should I play?

Cont. But if I had rushed there after arriving in core city I would have absolutely been destroyed. I had like 200 hp when I came in, now I got 400 and my shield is twice as good as my last one

So, other than the shit you do in quest what does the dudes juice do? Will there really be random rifts around the place?

Super drunk, growin LSD to make myself a bit happier with drugs, cuz I always drink to satisfy alcoholism. How do I do the the things I asked to treat myself better. I am so confused, cuz reality is more unpredictable than you can imagine. How do I be happy?

Attached: 1421515235.png (640x360, 20K)

Where can I find rapid reloaders? I'm like 30 hours into my playthrough and I've found one so far.

I jus wanna restart with a viable build, cuz my first ever pure build was pure PSI N I am super weak.

>over cucumber
>try to find what the fuck's slowing me down
>for some reason have like 4 rathound armors and 5 useless guns

Attached: YOU_.png (1025x797, 766K)

>rapid reloaders
hahaha
they're chillin' along with the graphites and napalms

GOD I AM SO HOT N SO TIRED. Good night nyuggas. Having no good internet means giving bad internet info as good info. night.

Lbl 15 and I've seen a couple just at gun merchants in junkyard a core city I think. You might have just had a stint of bad luck

I hate that if you double click while holding Alt it fucking takes an extra item I didnt want.

I also hate double clicking in videogames, what the fuck is this, windows 98?

I found two with Constantine almost immediately after I asked this.

Attached: 1531266254504.png (374x535, 133K)

Why do you niggers always complain about Rapid Reloaders, Graphite, Shell belt and such but punctually don't put anything in Mercantile so you can drown in that shit?
Like really, Napalm is rare to you zoners?

Attached: 1545060148961.jpg (640x480, 46K)

My mercantile is maxed with every trader and I find 1 (one) napalm every 3 store refreshes give or take

I've been maxing mercantile every level and only ever saw any of that crap once I got to the Oculus. And it was still in small number.

god fuck get me out of mushroom hell, this place SUCKS

>"go west"
>went to the east instead
Thanks lads, found it.

>I'll just make a psi build
>With 3 con
>And no stealth

What the fuck was I thinking

Attached: 1551994701180.jpg (512x512, 51K)

>3 crawlers jump out at me
>run away
>hide in a room while a scary robot kills them for me

:3

Attached: Y2jeAJI.png (158x127, 40K)

Initiate combat rather than automatically letting it trigger.
Stun enemies before they can react.
Win.
Post/During junkyard, get a shield generator blueprint, craft a high capacity shiled from your bullshit high electronics skill
Win again.

Play as a hammer wizard
Play as a nimble can
Next: Play as a Berserker wizard

Attached: 20190922220233_1.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

This is not a good situation.

Attached: 20190923215509_1.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

>EMP nade off cooldown
You will be fine
If the Force Field expires on your turn

>Aegis needs quests like pirates to really stand on its own.
It felt like the opposite for me. While pirates technically get more content due to having a separate quest line and more rewards like additional sea combat feats, the quest line itself has absolutely nothing to do with Black Sea and their interactions with Aegis stop completely as well. Joining pirates also loses you all direction for the expansion's actual main quest, fewer lore dumps, there's a lower number of characters to interact with and you can't even use your NavCom to call any pirate buddies like you can do with Aegis. You just personally report everything to Grim and that's it.

If Underrail waterways had more stuff to them maybe being a pirate felt more worthwhile, but even the biggest attraction Rig doesn't have much of anything going for it other than one quest. Considering there's a rift there it feels like a hub area that never got fleshed out properly. Port Zenith is also more of an extension to Gorsky's quest since you can explore the new area and loot the marine armor during it.

>expedition is running low on supplies
This just affects the stores, right? I won't be fucked later on during an important part?

To my knowledge at least. I don't think there's a ticking timer or any other problems along the way if you've already applied the Final Solution to the natives and don't have invasions to deal with anymore.

>Walk anywhere near a corner whatsoever
>Mob I didn't know existed instantly stuns me with a crossbow
>Ded

Not fun. I'm sure if I bothered check every single corner by entering turn based mode I could survive, but jesus that sounds annoying

HA, HA, HA, YEAH, RIGHT, THE MUTIES, YEP, NOTHIN EVER HAPPENS OVER THERE, NOPE, ALWAYS QUIET AND FINE, H-HAHA

Attached: underrail 2019-09-23 22-04-20-71.jpg (880x204, 24K)

Should I just skip paranoia on my 10 con gunner guy? This is my first time playing a non squishy melee stealth character and I think I can tank my way threw most situations and blow the remaining up with guns and explosives but I'm unsure.

Why you want to get Paranoia in particular?
If it's for Crawlers, caltrops counter them really good

I'm just so used to taking it on my other characters that it feels weird to not have it. I guess I don't need to worry about detection due to armor and the sheer size of my health pool and my initiative will blow regardless.

Paranoia is all about helping to avoid the enemies getting the first hits on you / traps fucking you up. If you can tank them, it's largely irrelevant.

Paranoia is only good for characters that start off with decent AGI / DEX (hence initiative) at level 1, but never put points in DEX / AGI during level ups.

Remenber kids, always carry 20 bear traps and 10 caltrops at all times

Attached: 20190923231426_1.jpg (1024x768, 166K)

If you're a tin can paranoia seems like a wasted feat. You'd be better off getting another murder feat instead, or something like doctor or juggernaut.

Stop using tabis you're almost convincing me to use them too

is this the new hotness ghost build? couldn't give up the metal armor, could you?

is hammer wizard truly meme tier?

Attached: qOVpbjk.jpg (600x398, 48K)

no, wizard anything works.
a nimble can, on the other hand, is a meme

Believe me mate, swinging 3 times is pretty fucking good, also the +1 Constitution from pig tabis is actually bretty good

I won't give up the metal armour yet

What about the one that reduces dirty kick's cooldown? or good old cave hopper?

another day another warcrime

Attached: file.png (1142x895, 1.4M)

Christ I only just got into the institute of Tchort and I'm bored out of my mind, does this shit get interesting again at any point?

>Tichrome spear with Tabi is 51
>One point over three spear attacks a round

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1535481567599.gif (213x120, 2.25M)

Tchort is evolution, brother.

I have used Infused Cave hopper tabi boots, besides giving agility boost, it also decreases Sprint cooldown, same as infused cave hopper leather armour
If I had to guess, I think it is Rathound leather, but never used those, so I'm not sure.

I still need to see the differences between Pig and Bisson leather for my tabis, so far in the wiki Bisson leather seems like a straight upgrade from Pig

how is this for a psi monk build? do i need that much mechanics if i'm only going to be adding blades to my leather gloves?

Attached: Untitled.png (1919x1980, 255K)

Yeah but shit's fucking lame though? Evolution is Tchort, sister.

I know what they do, I thought you had given them a try

Attached: file.png (505x244, 14K)

>monk
>gloves

Heh, I'm more concerned for base stat boost, Dirty kick is just a little utility, has been really fucking good too so far

look at this dude

Attached: Psionic_mania_icon.png (330x330, 7K)

I always see the guy telling me to play as a hammer wizard but he never even posts the build stats.

Daily reminder there is no concrete proof that Tchort isn't a god. Daily reminder there is no proof he's a Biocorp thing gone wrong. Daily reminder that we don't know that Tanner wants the Cube for evil purposes.

Attached: Hammer_Wizard finished.png (1040x695, 869K)

This was the moment before user realized he was dead.
Because his time counter was too high

Attached: burrowers.jpg (1360x768, 200K)

user might want to invest in some grenades

You know
After joining the Praetorians, again, they are really fucking based, the whole motto, the whole speech, courage, commitment, duty, to put your life to protect and save the citizens
Coretech and JKK look like complete scumbags in comparison

>invest
>During the fucking Gauntlet

Okay, pipeworker. Drop off.

I am pretty sure I burst and popped two burrowers and took adrenaline for enough ap to use the health hypo.

I might have had enough ap left to aim shot the last burrower.

I got a good armor drop and the spawn were doing 0 damage.l unless they crit mostly they were annoying because they messed up my sniping.

thanks broski.
what exp mode btw?

Oddity

Lvl14
Is it time to sail?

>psi monk
>no STR to make use of Corporeal Projection
15 STR
12 DEX
Figure the rest out yourself.

Attached: 1493297355105.png (894x894, 984K)

Too bad about their leader, he's a total fucking wuss
But everyone else under him is alright.

>tfw give 100 charons to beggar girl
>tfw give 100 charons to beggar old man
>tfw denying the mugger beggar of coins, intimidate him, kick him in the balls and hammer crit him

>he's a total fucking wuss
Do elaborate on this

Too bad they never deliver on any of that and they're statistically the worst faction of three.
>Calling anyone scumbags when Archie is a literal trigger happy Biocorp technocrat
JKK might be some low key mafia, but Praetorian is a bunch of jobbers led by a completely clueless idiot, at least the Protectorate does get the job done.

This is my first time playing and here's my self made build. How is it? I've been having a pretty good time with it so far. I've heard bad things about depot A so that mildly terrifies me.

Attached: Psi Bow.png (956x936, 108K)

RULES OF NATURE

Attached: file.png (1439x850, 999K)

FUCK I FORGOT TO SAVE AND WALKED ONTO A HIDDEN PUDDLE OF ACID

Attached: image-1.jpg (540x658, 92K)

is this game like Fallout 1 and 2 where you never have to fight anyone through the whole game and can talk your way out of everything? I loved that about those games.

Attached: 1569144253460.jpg (1000x1335, 265K)

what kind of gun do you plan on using?

Literally the exact opposite

no, this game is combat oriented

When you complete the acid hunters mission and report back he visibly freaks out and panics in front of you, it's pretty unbecoming of the type of force he's supposed to be the leader of.

anyone know which shotgun barrel gives the best dps? short has more base damage but long makes more pellets hit so im not sure. im using pump on dominating with leading shot.

>Press 3 to avoid combat
Ah, such thrilling gameplay.

He's trying to really hold back the sheer anger, remenber he's fucking Archibald Knight, the the protector of Core City, he cannot afford to go in a murderous rampage of revenge for his son, at least not in the open
Besides it's not like the Coretech fat cunt does not looses his cool when the Tchortists dab on him

>not even using balor's hammer

Is stealth/sniper viable? I just wanna play Ghost from Starcraft, basically.

Attached: 07A8306E-CC71-4D71-96E9-9CA88B6BDE72.jpg (960x731, 95K)

Everything is viable provided you don't mess up terribly in stats/skills/feats and are not playing on Dominating

>meme weapon for only the most autistic of min max losers
No thx

I know, alas, my build was not maxed for strenght, since I had to get 2 Will, but still, psychokinesis makes it up for the lack of big dick hammer

oh yeah of course, wasn't trying to say the others were any better. he just loses his cool in a way i didn't expect from a guy in his position.

>feeling devilish
>mess around with jetski's
>find out that you can remove all the parts from the expensive jetski's as long as Gib doesn't see, cameras dont give a fuck
>removing the parts actually lowers the price Ray asks for it
>sitting on a top of top tier engines worth hundreds of thousands AND the jetski's are much cheaper because Ray can't charge for the parts
Fuck you and fuck your overpriced water scooters Ray

Attached: Devilish_51fb98_6238404.jpg (396x482, 54K)

>fight some locusts
>kinda gay
>there's a million of them and they keep popping out until the hive is dead
>stupid parasite thing lasts forever
>kill a couple hives, look around
>find some yummy honey
>eat yummy honey
>parasites go apeshit
>stats debuffed to shit
>feel like we're about to reenact the chest burster scene from Alien 4x in a row
>more locusts show up

Don't eat the honey.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (742x719, 86K)

In any case, in the endslides he kills Coretech's oligarch son, then he tries to kill Archibald Knight with a suicide bomb drone, but he fails, Knight survives and then an open conflict between Coretech and Praetorians happen

Is Continuum Ripple good? It doesn't sound very good but the idea sounds awesome

Is there and overlap between "Barrel Stare" and "Leading Shot" for shot guns? If not, which is more worth for combat shotguns?

They cancel each other out, Leading Shot is the better perk.

Which jetski is the best? I'm still rocking the Aegis one.

Yeah it's fine.

idk, i refused to buy one cause they were ridiculously priced. I just grabbed the devastator for 30k, instead of 42k

I love breaking this game

Attached: 20190924003809_1.jpg (1024x768, 195K)

kek

Attached: 20190924004052_1.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

>She didn't get the chance to use Last Stand
kek
What we learn, bear traps saves you from Doppelgangers

Attached: 20190924004245_1.jpg (1024x768, 204K)

>tell the ferryman to move the submarine
>forgot where I told him to move it
Guess i'll spend a few hours looking for it then.

Attached: 1551754570178.jpg (683x683, 48K)

Lemco, southeast corner, past the pirate base

>get a really good turn against a huge group of enemies
>duck behind cover and hide
>hear like 8 hypos go off

Attached: 082.gif (305x320, 980K)

What's the armor for a spear build? It has a riot shield feat but that sounds like ass. I'm thinking you'd just max strength anyway so why not go for full spiked melee metal armor?

Riot gear with shield
It's not as bad as people say tho, just roll with it
Shield actually has some offensive capabilities with Shield Bash feat

is expertise worth taking on an unarmed build?

This sounds good then.
I've been doing the research... Yeah holy shit. So you got:
>spear guard
>riot shield
>guard feat
>fend feat
>spear guardian feat
>shield arm feat
>boarding up feat
>iron grip feat
And that's just the defensive stuff. I wonder how much block chance that is...

I say go for it, I tested it on in DOMINATING and it was decent

Just got to Depot A on my first play through, am I missing out on any critical lore/going to fuck up the story by dumping will and avoiding social skills?

Attached: F631F18B-601E-4FD0-919E-E7FC38ABF4AF.jpg (1024x1024, 131K)

>dumping will
Yeah, big time
Dont stop it from continuying the game tho

Can someone tell me what the Utility Key you find in the basement of Arke Power Station unlocks? I've been running around like a retard for several minutes trying to find it

WARCRIME TIME

Attached: file.png (894x820, 314K)

>spend 9k on super steel
>none are over 120 quality
Oh boy, here I go cheating again!

Does CoreTech carry high quality pneumatic hammers with merchanting?

Please for the love of God I'm losing my mind. Don't tell me I need 130 hacking to finish this shit

>think to myself "I'll check this place out first since it's closer"
>been going downhill ever since I got off the jetski
>hundreds of giant locusts
>half invincible crabs
>half invincible crabs that shoot lightning at you
>cold rooms that freeze you
>half invincible rock golems in the cold rooms that freeze you
>and now giant spiders

Surely things can't get any worse.

Attached: underrail 2019-09-24 00-25-51-56.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

I think it unlocks the door somewhere on the basement, southwest or south middle part of the map, past the spoders

how fucked am i for not levelling lockpick or hacking

i dont think id want to do it on oddity

Okay so that means it was a door I already lockpicked

im on classic. still fucked? i mean i got mercantile, i figured i'd just buy shit instead because on my first run i maxed lockpick/hacking and all i got was a bunch of useless junk.
how many areas are locked out for me? i at least got a crowbar

hacking is neat but not really necessary

lockpicking is veeery close to 'must have' tho, though perhaps less so on classic

Don't even worry about the stuff hidden behind Will checks. 90% of it is bullshit.

>accidentally put 5 more points into mercantile than ill ever need
>dont notice for 3 levels
is there anything i can do about this or am i doomed to have my internet ocd triggered for the rest of my run?

>literally burns his money
>surprised when the outcome isn't good

I suppose I could dump something into it later. What's a good cap on mercantile? Does it get diminishing returns at some point? Maybe throwing?

youll lose out on a lot of loot but you should still be able to beat the game

OOPS! LOOKS LIKE MY LUCK WAS WRONG!
TIME TO RELOAD 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 TIMES UNTIL I RECEIVE THE PERFECT RNG THAT ALLOWS ME TO PLAY

Lockpicking or hacking make your life a lot easier. If you don't have any social it could be the difference between having to gun people down or savescumming for a couple sections, but you don't need them to finish any quests.

you could use cheat engine to fix it

Just play your character until you beat it or get totally suck somewhere, then roll some psi nerd for your next playthrough.

Are you the user mad he dumped literally all of his money into super steel and didn't get the quality he wants? If so you deserve to suffer if that's your attitude.

>OMG PSI IS SOOO BUSTED! OMG PLS NERF!!!!!!!!!
>play pure psi character
>get raped to death at every turn
>fights are a roll of the dice whether or not the enemies will randomly act the exact way I need them to

>he doesn't kill everything near him one turn
looks like someone needs to get gud

>everybody says that psi is OP as shit
>suck shit when playing psi
>"it's a conspiracy!"

>NO!!!!! IT'S YOU!!!!! YOU'RE WRONG AND THE NUMBERS ARE FALSE!!!!!!!
Post the mod you guys use to make it insanely powerful.

A simple one I made myself, I call it get gud

should i hold off on storming the prison for abram?
i can't do it, is it time sensitive?

>try at least 4 psi builds with different spins
>bored and quit

>NO!!!!!! YOU'RE BAD BAD BAD!!!!!! STOP SAYING MEAN THINGS!!!!!!!!
Psi is shit alone, it's damage is weak and is completely overwhelmed by cooldowns, a fight in close spaces is almost impossible to win.

Is there any better feeling than ventilating a hallway full of Lurkers with a boomstick?

Let's say I have a feat or ability that requires 5 dex and i have it. If I drink a mushroom beer and it decreases dex would that feat/ability stop working?

>after fighting through a dozen hives and giant crabs finally get some pesticide and pesticide grenades
>use two of them on some vines and that's it

Those hives better not fucking respawn. Not that I'm ever going back to that shithole.

Attached: 1521335014028.png (542x670, 490K)

Lighting them all on fire with pyrokinesis, watching them run around and die.

>Let's say I have a feat or ability that requires 5 dex and i have it. If I drink a mushroom beer and it decreases dex would that feat/ability stop working?
I don't think so, I think the only requirement is having the base ability be set to whatever it's required, so once you have it, you have it.

>so many psi abilities that they'll never fit on all 3 skillbars
>a good third of them is CC
>somehow still getting hit
bre...

what's the best low penalty armor craftable for sneaky crossbowguy

>Surgeon from Arena drops doctor's pouch
OMGWTFBBQ, IT'S THE SECOND FUCKING PLAYTHROUGH I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS ELUSIVE PIECE OF AMAZEBALLS

FUKKEN YISS

When the entire community agrees on a build being really strong, and you only manage to get owned with it, you should probably consider the possibility you're doing something terribly wrong instead of literally everyone lying or cheating.

Check out what each infused leather gives you and decide which you like best

how many points of detection stat do I need to see the fucking roof niggers out of their stealth?
death crawlers I mean. my current score allows me to react to the normal variants but I can't do shit against the grown up ones unless I throw nades at their general direction

Attached: wew.jpg (1274x616, 223K)

WHAT THE FUCK LASER CATS
WHAT THE FUCK

>starting spear build now
>get to usually cancerous psi beetle dungeon to save newton
>beetles want to fight
>throw spear and crit them to death
this ability synergizes well with my throw which i always level anyway

ok now I need fiber bp

Dude, prepare yourself. Your journey has only begun.
I hope you're not playing as a female. Good luck!

lel i figured as much, ty anons

thanks user, that took care of it. it was going to bother me so much for the next 100 hours

Fiber and a whole fuckton of cash, bre

is making one piece of supersteel faster than making three at once?

help?

Is it worth using infused rathound leather with energy pistols or am I better off just using pig?

It's not time sensitive, no quest is (afaik). I didn't have enough lockpicking for ages and ended up going back later.

Do you have lockpicking? If so, this is the easiest mission from the entire questline - just go from the room to the one to the north, go into vents, lockpick gate and you're done, you can do it with like 50 stealth

You can wait as long as you want

i have 0 lock picking, any idea how much you need total?

>you gain every skill at the start of the game
what mod?

>not having lockpicking

It's 80, I think. You could stealth it up and steal the key, but you'll need at least... 80 stealth or so? Doable with items only but you'll likely need some sort of cloaking device

i have hacking!!!

>taking hacking but not lockpicking

I mean, okay, but this is some weird prioritization

Your priorities are backwards but you could really do with having both, anyway.

How long does it take my waifu Gloria to finish the plates? 30 min on speed 5?

She's not YOUR waifu. NTR isn't cool, user.

>finally got around to trying out a cave wizard
holy shit this is both fun AND easy mode
are there any schools i can do without? haven't put much into time wizardry yet since the better powers come later but psychokinesis look pretty mandatory.

Attached: 1564507459595.webm (1920x804, 2.57M)

Attached: 1567088848458.webm (1920x1080, 2.64M)

You can dump Temporal entirely but why would you do so?

You only need 75 thought control (for LoC), you should probably max other 3 each level.

>166 stealth
Wait, fucking what? I thought they have built-in spidey sense and detect you no matter what

Fucking hell I'm only 30 short, I can't wait to bump into them from stealth so I have even less AP

NO
i'm gonna be a mind mage like Ezra and get all the ladies, not like Ezra.

mental subversion looks pretty shit though, am I correct in thinking so? why slowly stack resolve debuff when you could just kill them in one hit?

That's effective stealth, not the stealth stat itself.

Attached: 1565564062709.jpg (473x1300, 229K)

Well, I do have 8 agi and stealthy gear on my fist wizard

Does expedition give anymore info about six?

Attached: 6.png (100x100, 11K)

WARCRIMES AREN'T PAYING OFF

Attached: file.png (772x555, 212K)

Now that is something I would stick my dick in.

tfw you find the secret stash and in it is precognition and everything falls into place poor john PepeHands

You're performing the wrong warcrimes in the wrong order.

Kill yourself, I really mean that.

Attached: 1436201694541.jpg (194x273, 10K)

i drop a cryo, wait for them to go for a disarm then shoot them
hopefully root them but by then there's a group and lob an cryo>emp>flashbang

frig off

Should I buy Expedition now or wait for a sale?
Bought it went it was on sale because sseth made it look interesting, currently have 77 hours in it having never made it past Rail Crossing.
I keep restarting to try better builds, I hate this game so fucking much, but I'm having so much fun.

Thinking I should wait for a sale to buy Expedition, what do you guys think?
From what I gather, the game's story isn't over yet, and when the next DLC drops these threads will pop up again, so I'm thinking I should wait for the DLC to be half off or something.

Attached: 1435551786429.png (241x292, 3K)

>infused ancient rathound tabi boots
>infused... thing armor?

What's decent for armors when you play fist wizard? Greater siphoner for Evasion bonus maybe?

Tell me about chem pistols, can you use them as your only weapon or are they pared with things?
I was thinking of a build that just used throwing with grenades and caltrops and chem pistols and temporal manipulation.
How strong is this and would i be better off doing something different

Psuchosis is gay and I regret picking it.

Attached: 1556606718538.jpg (397x361, 37K)

>just accidentally discovered I have a third tool bar by holding down ctrl

>nuke almost everything in a single turn
>gay

Attached: 1540263949080.png (816x587, 94K)

theyre really strong and acid pistols are a good side arm on lots of builds

>I keep restarting to try better builds, I hate this game so fucking much, but I'm having so much fun.
Lol expansion adds even more build options.
You can justify taking the pill now because for 55 points in TM you can get the upgraded version of sprint that gives AP.

Now you no longer have to put points into agl for movement.
How's that fuck with your builds?

You also get shotguns, swords and spears and a ton of new feats.

Basically, if you buy the expedition expect to reroll again.

Attached: 1383457282718.jpg (630x537, 95K)

chem pistols are really fucking strong and you honestly don't need much else, especially with temporal manipulation. grenades are almost redundant, though i guess flashbangs are always nice. you'll be taking sure step to not kill yourself on your own acid pools so caltrops work well too.

is there anything good in the room with two hives and only acess being the vents it's a death trap, with a scientist in it does it have anything good?

>sormirbaeren spirit staff
>required str: 6
FUCK
i can still equip it for the passive psi bonuses at lower str, right? i'm never gonna actually swing the thing.

>Tell me about chem pistols, can you use them as your only weapon or are they pared with things?

I'm doing a chem pistol run now, and yes you can just go full chem guns.

Let me tell you, I was thinking "oh i'l take 6 agl so I can get grenadier" turns out the only throwing weapons I ever use are caltraps and flashbangs, and that's rare because I have cooked shot.

TM is 100% worth it since it makes cooked shot a 1 turn CD.

Cooked shot is a 1 CD AoE attack that applies your active pistols.
So an AoE 2 turn root that does DoT, a smaller molotov that does not leave the ground on fire forever, or an AoE damage + stasis. If you go dex it's about the same cost as tossing a nade and it's accuracy is based on gun instead of throwing.

What i'm saying is chem pistols are fucking fun, and powerful.
You always have a choice in the way you approach a situation.
What's best for this, rooting + acid kiting, or setting everyone on fire and stacking DoTs, or cryoing everyone and focus firing one at a time....

Make sure you get sure step though.
Kiting through acid + caltraps is how you deal with melee when your shots dont proc the snare. You cover the floor with acid every shot, even if the root proc does not hit.

Attached: TbzlwKC[1].png (302x646, 14K)

a fellow chembro, nice. have you gotten the advanced catalyzing belt yet? because damn that -4 AP makes a difference. point shot is also great to have, the accuracy malus is negligible at the kind of short range you're probably already at.

>Make sure you get sure step though.
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

Attached: bhb.png (375x339, 12K)

[laughs in crawler caltrop]

Metal boots retard.

>have you gotten the advanced catalyzing belt yet?
When does that start showing up?
I'v only found the normal catalyzing belt so far.
I really want that dam thing.

Yea, point shot is a must for early game, lets you get 3 shots per turn once you get 11 dex.

20, 20, 10.

The real reason i'm not using nades is because it costs me 2/3 my pistol shots and it's really hard to justify because cooked shot offers the same damage + on hit effect.

>metal boots instead of tabi on a build based on stealth, kiting and high movement points

3 int post.

>litter the field with caltrops
>put on metal boots
>take off metal boots when done
Wow so hard

What's a good build for a new player other than the psi one? That playstyle doesn't interest me. I tried to be a stealthy shooter but my dmg sucked against those psi bugs early on so I now I want to restart because I think I did something wrong.

if you alredy have high d/e use siphoners yea

>Sure Step because I can't be assed to swap equipment that frequently

100% worth

Attached: Tamamo_mad.gif (599x336, 109K)

best first time build has to be full metal armor and assault rifles. it's really forgiving coz godlike constitution. you can take hits for days.
it's also easy to play, just burst everyone. if things get hectic throw a granade at your feet. top fun i tell you

>finally get a good fiber
>tailoring too low by 1 point for new boots

Guns have a rough start.

you can deal with beetles early on by throwing a molotov. they're cheap as fuck, just buy them at sgs

I wish there was more death animations or poses
>human missing quarter of his upper body, whole leg etc. after being hit by 12,7mm sniper rifle
>steaming/smoking head after being Neural Overload'd, you know brain fry
>saturday cartoon-tier exposed skull after killing blow with Acid pistol
>gaping hole in stomach after crit shotgun blast with visbly broken spine
>stuck crossbow bolts in bodies
>crit frag grenade dismember whole body
>squashed head after being hit by hammer
Etc.
Just turn the G Ö R E up to eleven.

>psychopath summons two doppelgangers in one turn
Is there anything capable of provoking an F9 quicker than this?

For some reason I wasn't able to even use Molotovs. It was red to me.

>he gets bullied by doppels
Poor little white boy~

it's a budget game. we can expect more candies like this in next dlc or ur2.

>95% shot, ambush
>miss
>95% shot, ambush
>miss

Attached: 1423478452842.webm (1280x720, 464K)

FUCK STYG'S STUPID DMPC! I'M GONNA FUCKSTART MY PLASMA PISTOL WITH HIS STUPID FUCKING FACE!

No that's stupid.

>Respawning faceless ninjas that inject you with crawler venom

JUST STAY DEAD, FUCK THESE CAVES

Attached: 1566838764850.gif (498x272, 1.74M)

>cannot toggle 'automatically lockpick/hack'
>cannot toggle 'automatically charge tool'

Styg you janky-ass fucker, not everyone wants to autistically micro every little thing

Mental Breakdown / Frozen / Stunned by the one guy within LOS who found a way around your crime zone.

They're way less threatening than crawlers. They're very easy to bump into just by walking in a straight line. One taser+aimed shot will finish them. Do you have super steel riot gear and a low/low shield? They won't be able to touch you.

>there are "people" in this thread who waste a Feat on Sure Step, when Feats are already incredibly limited, and you can achieve the same effect with some boots, and leave agility at 4

How the fuck does special merchandise work? I've got 80 base (125) effective mercantile and the only merchant I've been able to unlock it on is Harlan at Coretech.
Do I need to have enough mercantile the first time I speak to the merchant?

They're not threatening, just annoying as shit. I just want to walk through here without having to throw a hundred thousand flares.

Why must they respawn? It's asinine.

Attached: 1545868968845.jpg (516x433, 70K)

Only a few merchants offer special inventory. A few examples are Harlan at coretech, Kevin in Foundry, Constantine in Oculus, Blaine in lower underrail passages, and Hanna at the institute of tchort.

oh wow my thread is still up

Ah okay, so the merchant list is outdated on the wiki?
That sucks.

Nope. I'm just a brainlet, was looking at the wrong list kek

Attached: 73a.png (680x788, 94K)

what's wrong with that?

Im going metal gear solid and trying to kill shit with pistol and knife. Might go full on monk and wrestle everyone down next playthrough

Attached: metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-tony.jpg (725x900, 170K)

>hit three barrel mutants with an electroshock bolt
>nearly blow out my goddamn eardrums
why

Attached: 1520488406124.jpg (816x568, 24K)

Going stealth Shotgun/Sniper with a bunch of grenades, and I do not know what armor to use. Is Armor Sloping only good for metal armor? Should I get Nimble and Tactical Armor/Riot Gear, or Armor Sloping Metal Armor? Either way I'll use goggles, not a metal helmet.

Should I give Abram the info he needs?
Will this turn the protectorate against me?

Keep in mind I juts want some oddity xp ok. I want to do all quests if possible but I don't want people turning against me.

???

Attached: what.png (269x209, 1K)

How close is this to a game like Pathfinder Kingmaker?
I played it and really enjoyed it. I've been told this is a CRPG like it.

For a quest you need to pick up

Abram is a cool guy working for cool guys.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is shit and tries to turn a turn based system into a real time one and turns everything into a huge clusterfuck.

That's too bad.

What's the difference between steel, tungsten and tichrome for weapon mods? I dont see anyth

Does the persuation check with Rupert change anything? I succeeded the last time and got 3xp and 600 shinies, now I failed and got the same.

user...? w-what's the difference?

no idea sorry

>cannot use any meds when Deathstalker bites you
>can use bandages since he teleported elsewhere and doesn't show as enemy for 2 turns

Eat shit Styg, your bullshit can't touch me

>tfw got Cut Throat
>tfw can finally create Nuttin' Personnel scenarios

Attached: 1545012909061.jpg (1200x972, 397K)

>Will this turn the protectorate against me?
No.

>adrenaline
>psi haste
>4ap/hit

lmao I can do 21 attacks per turn

>Struggle to find the naval mines in the southeast corner of the sea
>Reload a gorillian times because my ass keeps getting shred up by pirates
>Finally find them, but now I need to go back to the Ferryman
>Track the fucker down and ask him to get them for the camp
>'lol go back and tell me where they are :^)'
Mother FUCKER

you just made me sad the game doesnt have children

energy edge or electroshock for machetes?

you get a guaranteed one off the Acid Hunters, though i've seen the coretech merchant sell one with special inventory. nothing like 15 ap chem shots, with contraction it's like 4-5 shots per turn.

does power management make energy shields have 35% more hitpoints?

Yes

Where do I find Abrams after I plant his bug? Some junkyard told me to talk to him but I can't find him?

fellas which psi class is better to level up
im planning to get all of them to level 75 then max 2 of them
im think Meta and psyk.

you think correctly

What eff. lockpick and hacking should I have to get everything that's worth it? I hear 105 is the highest check in the base game but my build is skill hungry

Attached: 1505356361737.jpg (715x422, 35K)

>have all benches
>have all skillpoints for crafting
>have every component for new items
>have zero 100+ power cores

why even live

Leave town, and head west. On the next chunk there will be a very narrow passage on the North.

thanks mr Mugger

Attached: weapon.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

Going full psi is good but fuck it sucks having to sell every cool shit I come across

>cheat money
>buy super steel
>cheat quality
damn it feels good not wasting my time

Too bad hurricane sucks and it only has one mod.

Places like Junkyard and SGS never really get higher quality crafting stuff, do they?

>currently have 77 hours in it having never made it past Rail Crossing.
>I keep restarting to try better builds, I hate this game so fucking much, but I'm having so much fun.

You should really play a build at least till level 20 or so, that's when you really get to see what a character is capable of.

Ezra isn't bad, actually.

Combat gloves - spikes or blade?

Blade seems great for bleed stacks so you get quick +50% dmg, but spikes give you good 25% more base damage which seems better since you'll get those bleed stacks when you kill stuff anyway

I thought you couldn't turn off combat while enemies were still around and hostile to you?

What happens if you dont take the anaesthetic when getting healed by Fixer medic at Junkyard?
It's 5 w/ and 3 w/o.

Also he said he took my liver and spleen? How do I get those back?

Who else thinks that there shuold be more endgame content after killing Tchort? On my first playthrough on normal I finished both the dlc and the main game before even reaching veteran stats. Feel kidna stupid becoming so powerful yet not havin any enemies for your lvl 30 build to shine properly
I really hope that Styg balances the next dlc for a 25+ lvl players

no, but using bandages works, no real idea why

Oh he took something alright, only it wasn't your organs

Somebody respond, it's my last Rathound leather before DC

You don't need anesthetic, you just pass out anyway.

>How do I get those back?
It's fine, you don't need 'em.

Where do I find advanced chem belt as early as possible? Waiting until you get to dominate Cornell is a bit too much and I need them 3 shots per turn

I really want to like this game, but it just seems like pure deep autism

hopefully my anal virginity

oh.. ok.

I thought I received a negative feat or something thats why i wanted to double check lol

>find a log in the DLC
>it's just pages of a guy from 400 years ago bitching about how annoying and obtuse the futuristic sci fi design philosophy of his corporation is and how it's just a stupid meme that makes it awful to fix anything

Attached: 1539280949884.gif (258x215, 78K)

I found mine here, if I remember correctly. But you'll have to fight for it.

Attached: Без имени-1.jpg (525x347, 309K)

better than the old bow i had. that new bows minimum damage is what my old bows max was. been like that since junkyard lol

hey yo. how many shield emitter cases i need to find at the docks?

Absolutely pathetic but player portrait is nice.

What stat spread for tincan shotgun? I need 8STR, 10CON for Thick Skull would be nice and I need PER too and I just can't have all of these at once

>shield emitter cases
What? You need to steal quest item named "package of energy shield", something like that.

it's whole crate full of emmiters
_____one

>bandages healing 20hp

Yo, what the fuck, mine heal for 10??

its from system shock 1 box art. a cyborg. nice because it has goggles and i have goggles. and goggles was the nickname for system shock 2:s player character and my dude in underrail is named goggles.

Attached: EliteCyborg.gif (100x100, 60K)

He is a mere normalfag.

Attached: vH0ig7jR8C_HQjwF7BtNFbGJryQRLXUSt-8fP3mDA20.jpg (2915x1251, 422K)

max perception

i got one box but gorsky and that bitch dont let me get any new dialogue options.

Of course I know where this portrait is from, I have some culture, it's just a good choice.

you gotta ask the girl about core city i think

"About protectorate warehouse" -> "I got them", you pipeworker. You either dumb motioner or you broke your game hard.

Holy fuck I thought death crawlers and naga protectniggers were bad, who the fuck never told me about INFINITE SPAWN FACELESS GAUNTS

yeah sorry i doubted you man

aight yeah talked to gorsky, all good now. thanks bre

Can I bum around core city as a motion addict?

You can motion your balls till you spend all the money.

>play Underrail
>Complete Rail Crossing, Foundry
>Get to Core City
>Level 20
>Complete one of the faction quests for your house
>Build's been online for some time, super powerful
>Game boring now
Is Expedition/DC difficult at least?

>naga protectniggers
They aren't so bad if you have acid pistol.

blade if you have taste for blood

I am at the end of Tchort part of the game, just finished helping out the nerds inside the Institute.

I am level 18 now, should I stop doing the main quest and start the Black Sea instead?

Or can I go back to do the Black Sea after I finish the original game?

Psychosis or Tranquility for shotgun wizard with thought control and temporal manipulation? Or kneecap shot, since I'm level 4.

Wtf guys? I thought we were allies!

Attached: f.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

Given the best spells in Thought Control doesn't crit (AOE Enrage with Locus of Control), I would say go for Tranquility.

yes and yes

>20 lvl fist wizard fighting natives

I just took on 2/3 of the attack by myself lol

Attached: fist wizard.png (1454x936, 1.64M)

Rig is off-limits, they told it to you.

I mostly just AOE Enrage the mob and let them destroy themselves.

But your manly way works too, my pure PSI is kust too fragile for it, since shield does nothing against their boners.