Yukari and Junpei were made for each other Persona 3 thread

Yukari and Junpei were made for each other Persona 3 thread

Attached: 1569193783621.jpg (600x441, 96K)

Persona 3 is normie entrance to Megami Tensei

Should I actually grind up Junpei and Yukari to level 75 so they can max out their skills to defeat Erebus, or should I just fuse Odin, get Thunder Reign, and cheese it with All-Out Attacks? As it everyone besides Aigis and Metis are grossly underleveled and I can't outdamage Dark Embrace to prevent him from casting Primal Darkness.

Attached: 897498546541.jpg (422x596, 76K)

>grind

You never have to grind in Persona 3 unless you want to. Unless you're talking about the answer, I don't know about that because I never played it.

It's the most accessible SMT game, but Persona 5 is now the most accessible Persona game. I'm currently playing SMT 2 and it's pretty fun but frustrating as hell.

Attached: 1569193966666m.jpg (896x1024, 132K)

That can't be true, she's made for Door-kun/me.

I specified Erebus so obviously I'm not talking about the Journey.

Guess I'll just dick around in Empyrean for a few hours to get them to that level. Honestly a lot of the battles here feel like I won them through sheer luck, especially the fight against Yukari and Mitsuru. The two biggest team mages and they instead spam Primal Force and Vorpal Blade?

And in the fight against the Shadow Fool, he spent a lot of time wasting turns casting Panta Rhei on Yukari and Agidyne on Junpei.

Unless you're playing on hard, I think you can cheese him with characters leveled 60-65.

>Unless you're playing on hard
You cannot change the difficulty in the Answer. It is preset to Hard.

based
what?

pocket sand is such a power move

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Fuuka's Bedroom Eyes.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

What's to get? The Answer is set to Hard Mode and cannot be changed.

Attached: 79874654165.png (1439x4316, 284K)

I thought there was some difficulty switch I wasn't aware of.

Not that I'm aware of. Looking around it seems that general levels are around 78-80 for the full team, I should probably equip my team members with stronger accessories, and throw Metis into Neo Orgia Mode, which I often forgot about. And I need Yukari to have Mediarahan so I can spam Makarakarn and Ragnarok.

>It's the most accessible SMT game, but Persona 5 is now the most accessible Persona game
That doesn't make any sense, P3 is no more SMT than P5, so if P5 were the most accessible Persona game then that would make it the most accessible SMT game too. Neither of them are the most accessible SMT game though because neither of them are SMT.

she's made for losing to Elizabeth and Aigis

Attached: 59ba3825a294f64d465791bb78e99048.jpg (500x635, 55K)

Attached: 45342525345.jpg (800x717, 100K)

iktf bro

Junpei... more like Dumbpei haha

Aegis has no personality and a relationship with Elizabeth would never work.

I remember the increased difficulty being independent of the hard mode, like it was just designed to be more difficult on top of it.

It is independent, but roughly about the same difficulty as the Journey's Hard Mode. You still can't change it though.

Whatever you need to tell yourself

Attached: 42082346_p0.jpg (900x893, 380K)

This man speaks the truth.

Attached: 1567616218444.jpg (1287x2048, 214K)

based

>Yukari
She was ok until Atlus decided to murder her character on the spin offs er...sequels.

Nothing after P3 is canon and you can't convince me otherwise.

Margaret talks about the aftermath of P3 in P4

she reaches peak cute in "The Answer" though.

Nothing wrong with that. It was my first smt game and I've since gone on to play almost every English available spinoff and most of mainline including MT 1& 2 (snes remakes admittedly) and both snes games with 2 actually being my favorite mainline

Atlus themselves said it was canon
Eh?

Atlus is wrong fuck off.

Now you're just throwing a tantrum.

Yukari is willing to put the world in jeopardy for her husbando, that's as cute as it get.

I actually like how it came to fists over that. Even Junpei admitted it, sometimes close friends can't work things out by talking, and only through force can they open up.

Personally, I feel Devil Survivor 2 did the "party of radically different people come to blows" a bit better. I'd praise Planescape: Torment and Arcanum for this as well, but these were optional results based on how you do things.

Remember how P4 copied Junpei and made him a cuck and people liked him more than Junpei? P4 was a mistake.

I can see why a lot of people like P4 but I do think it was a step backwards in a lot of ways. P3 has plenty of flaws but it at least tried new things for the series and I would've really liked to see the social sim time management stuff and the non-directly-controllable party members refined and iterated on rather than simplified and made a non-factor the way they were in 4 and 5.

Just found out they did a smt or persona spin off or whatever of Yusuke from P5 it looks like? Is this like a prequel or something?

Attached: 76226-persona-innocent-sin.png (364x295, 113K)

P3 is my favorite of the series since I think it's theme of death and how it's an inevitability that we will all face some day is very relatable.
P2 IS has pretty banging battle themes though.

Attached: 1529909311296.png (1280x962, 620K)

Honestly, the inability to control the party made no sense to me in P3.

You aren't them. You are you.

Sure, but you can yell at them "Dickhead, heal me! Heal me!" It wasn't too abstract for Persona 1/2, SMT1/2 nor DQ, or FF. The only time it really makes sense to me is 7th Stand User, because Iggy was a nonconformist.

Yes, that's what the Heal/Support option is for. If you leave them on Act Freely they'll do their own thing, and if you tell them to go all out they'll trust that you can handle yourself.

Attached: 1421260874007.gif (620x450, 11K)

muh Chidori

I fail to see why I shouldn't be able to control them. Why do I have to keep opening the menu to switch everyone on and off again everytime moonless gown gets activated?

probably for thematic reasons
when you go to the velvet room for the first time you sign something that says you are in charge of your on destiny or something like that. Maybe they wanted that to be emphasized by only being able to control yourself.

One battle in the game (final boss, no less) justifies changing the entire mechanic for the entire game? I left them on Act Freely the entire game, unless it was a boss battle that I needed to focus on, which is when you should use Tactics anyway.

Just hit Nyx harder.

It just seems so pointless and arbitrary to me. I didn't see anything wrong with being able to control my party in the other games.

That's the way it works here. Consider it that your friends don't worship you and fight on their own two feet. You can give them directions on what to do, but ultimately it's up to them to decide what they want to do. Only you are the master of your own fate.

It doesn't make sense, it was done to individualize the cast through the combat mechanics, but it was a nonsense way of doing it that adds nothing to the game. A system like the loyalty system in Soul Hackers would have made more sense for what they were going for, obviously not the exact same, but it actually makes sense and gets the idea behind what they were trying to do with Tactcis across.

I think they improved the time management stuff overtime, although they made it easier to get everything done, I still prefer it in 4 and 5. I appreciate P3 doing new things though, I don't like the game that much and think it fails on the execution of almost all of its ideas, but I still admire that they were willing to try those ideas, and I do wish 4 and 5 tried to do something similar to Tactics instead of basically dropping it entirely. I wouldn't just want a refined Tactics because I think it's an inherently flawed system, but something that has the same idea behind it would have been nice.

Friends don't let friends choose Marin Karin over an elemental attack.

Friends would tell other friends to go all fucking out if that was necessary.

They know what they did.

That's the idea behind it, but it's not how it actually feels in practice. Your party members never actually disobey you or disagree with your orders, they'll do what you tell them to do no matter what the circumstances, you just arbitrarily are only allowed to give vague instructions. If you could order Akihiko to focus on a specfic enemy or you could order him to attack enemy weaknesses then there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to tell him to use Zio on a specific enemy, and his willingness to follow that order has never been shown to be a factor, so all the system accomplishes is limiting you for no good reason. It would have made more sense for what they were going for if characters could actually disagree with you, as in you would order Akihiko to use Zio and he would say he doesn't think now's a good time for it and would use a physical attack instead.

>normie
Fucking kill youself you newfaggot. Inb4 "seethe" or "cope"

Accurate

Attached: 1504137051605.png (625x837, 411K)

Attached: 1533471924184.jpg (684x767, 96K)

Every time Liam voices someone in another game and he does the deep Akihikio voice I can't help but call that character senpai.

This

Liam is a talented voice actor with only one voice.

When I played Asura's wrath all I could think about was a really pissed akihiko beating the shit out of everything

You hate to see it.

>suicide themes
>none of the characters have stable lives
>normie

No he has two voices. Akihikio and Yosuke.

His voice is sexy and so are Akihiko and Asura

Attached: 1493607465725.png (945x1350, 1.21M)

That would be Persona 5

It's more accessible than Nocturne was, it seems. Not that P3 is bad because of this.