I recently played through Prey (2017) and actually liked the shotgun weapon

I recently played through Prey (2017) and actually liked the shotgun weapon.
It made me think about other games that use the shotgun and made me wonder which one is actually the best.

My vote goes for the VK-12 of F.E.A.R.
Which Shotgun is your favourite?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 66K)

(and dont mind the youtube logo I just used google to find the first picture of the F.E.A.R shotgun)

Underhell chapter 1

Trench gun in Rising Storm 1 and 2. Being able to actually kill shit at 100m with a shotgun feels great, and it's actually inferior at point blank range because if you miss due to the tight spread pattern you're fucked having to take time to pump it again and the other dude will just blast you.

Mentioning F.E.A.R. is cheating. The gunplay is too satisfying to compare it to anything else.

Nuclear Throne

Attached: 1562974900025.png (256x256, 41K)

I really love the hunting shotgun in that new vegas DLC
this and shotguns from bad company 2 are also up there

planetside 1 jackhammer
i didn't play nc, but that was always the first item i'd take off their corpses

while not relevant to shotguns, but relative to the name prey, i think prey (2006) had the most satisfying feedback for shooting a laser gun, with that fucking cannon that was basically shooting out a sun at your enemies

i loved the trench gun in battlefield 1
lots of squad wipes in tight corridors with that
shotguns in most games are good, especially when they sound meaty and powerful
shotgun in stalker for example, especially misery mod
the shotgun in resident evil 2 when you find the parts for it (original) because it sounds like a fucking cannon going off
shotgun in bioshock 1 is great too
spas12 in hitman silent assassin and contracts
i wish you could shoot open doors in those games like you can in blood money though
also that explosive shotgun from ballad of gay tony in gta4
shotguns are just fucking satisfying
kinda good in fallout 3, kinda bad in fallout nv though

Attached: terminator.jpg (825x779, 313K)

OG Doom super shotgun and Blood shotgun.

How come there are no other games like FEAR? why other devs can't top it?

Attached: GutsS.gif (500x375, 1.98M)

regular shotgun is better

Attached: doom.png (250x160, 4K)

fags and females on key game designer roles

Lightning in a bottle. Looking even at the DLC, they could not reproduce it.

The greatest shotgun in all of gaming is the one from Brutal Doom.

Attached: mex.jpg (600x480, 30K)

that DLC was some uninspired bullshit, wasn't it?

BRAP

I like to pretend it does not exist.

The first one was just your regular expansion, just more of the same for the most part.
The other ones were painkiller expansion tier...

Actually, It wasnt even DLC, it was still Add-ons at the time. Man this was long ago.

Attached: file.png (696x441, 427K)

Because monolith had to pander to console faggots and so you had FEAR 2 with shitty shotguns, No akimbo pistols, unsatisfying special weapons, op assault rifle, the removal of the leaning mechanic and the fucking iron sights aiming who covers half of your sceen.

this, what they did with fear 1 unrestrained and designed for the pc is nothing short of fucking amazing
their benchmark on the pc has more going for it than the "most kino moments" in current gen AAA games today
i fucking hate it

Same happened with crysis, kinda sad senpaifu

Flak cannon no contest, nothing better than turning the enemy in a red mist with hot metal fragments

I will be forever mad at Epic games for killing UT4

Attached: images.jpg (305x165, 8K)

Having a good shotgun is not enough, you also need to have the right enemies to complement the experience. I believe S.T.A.L.K.E.R. features are very good combination of the two. Shooting some bloodsucker into his ugly face is so damn satisfying.

Attached: chaser13.jpg (1024x640, 98K)