Why yes, I am Catholic, and I do understand that the developers depsite not being Christian...

>Why yes, I am Catholic, and I do understand that the developers depsite not being Christian, made a game that captures spanish Catholicism in a way no other game could through showing how penance is a bloody battle towards achieving purification, and the glory of purging corruption, idols, and evil. How could you tell?

Attached: MavJ9uKcpR5aXR9AMEvN8Y-1200-80.jpg (1200x650, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BBy_hk7fuGE?t=4349
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

seething proddie, what did you like about the game?

the game that was too based for Yea Forums

>glory of purging corruption, idols, and evil
>idols
Actually you spent a lot of time praying to statues.

>true end only achieved by destroying idols
>true end creates a living new idol
>teaser for DLC/next game has that idol destroyed

It's like Catholicism isn't based around the hypocrisy that is deity worship through worldly means while at the same time deeming worldly idols near blasphemous in nature. Almost all old style churches are literal ostentatious hypocrisies in an of themselves.

Those statues are just symbols, only indios pray to the statues. Not what they are supposed to represent.
>idol gets destroyed
whats wrong with that?

kkk game

>what's wrong with that?

Nothing, I was pointing out that Catholicism hold idols in a circular logic and the game itself specifically utilizes that in it's story by constantly using idols as both objects of worship while also being blasphemous in nature against that same literal worship.

Zoom zoom zoom post

wat game sirs

>Why yes, I am Catholic
Stopped reading there, opinion discarded

Blasphemous. Just released recently. Pretty decent side-scrolling action metroidvania type game.

It's funny how Catholicism has parables about worshipping false idols like the golden calf, but then later Catholicism has the sistine chapel, and other works of ostentatious grandeur used as devices to convey the glory of god.... to be fair though its hard to construct a faith based organization and maintain it with pretty stories alone, this is probably why the whole franciscan philosophy (while being incredibly based and having many overlaps with diogenes' philosophy) never caught on and was even allegedly stamped out by more mainstream holy roman empire douches, I guess diogenes never really caught on either desu.

Praise unto the ecclesiarchy.

Attached: Praise be.jpg (1920x1775, 611K)

reminder Protestantism is just another Catholic sect and Lutheranism wasn't needed to be a thing aside the 50 whatever you callit

I was raised Catholic. Religious themes and imagery in horror games freak me right the fuck out, but I fucking love it.

Do any atheist-anons feel like they're getting the full dose with subject matter like this? Asking honestly, and ideally without stirring shit up.

To me it's just "oh hey that Catholic thing"
It's still neat.

Im too a cathoric and im not feared at all about a fucking pentagram.

It's like having adult jokes in cartoons. You realize there's some meaning behind what's happening, but you don't know what that meaning is.

Attached: Ten Piedad.png (1378x595, 1.67M)

>Religious themes and imagery in horror games
Why? There's literally fucking nothing to fear unless you're seeing man goats or some shit.

The trick with religion when it's done right is it's designed to be interpreted in multiple ways, they're not really saying anything at all, they're convincing you of deeper meaning through ornate symbolism and flowery words but the meaning is subjective to whomever reads upon on it and can be changed to fit whatever current paradigms are in vogue by the clergy. Its literally the same as J.k Rowling saying Hermione was black the whole time or Dumbledore was gay, it's literally what Kojima has done with his story structure and marketing for his games, if you craft your story in a vague way and continue to be apart of the active community interpretations of your body of work you can leverage its accessibility to reach the greatest number of followers possible.

Once again, Catholicism manages to inspire beautiful art

Attached: smiling tolkien.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

"God works in mysterious ways" = "its just 4-D chess" = "you just gotta have faith" = "let's be as vague as possible and link real events as best we can to said events designed to be as open ended and vague as possible to show everyone how we actually had a plan/were following God's plan all along"

>what is iconoclasm

>be apart of
Okay, I'm sorry to take this off on a grammar tangent, but I was stopping myself from doing exactly this just a moment ago. "Be a part of" and "Be apart of" mean opposite things. I see this all the time lately and it's been driving me nuts. Just say "Be part of" when you mean to say something's inclusive with another.

>Rome is not corrupt or in need of change
Same tune different century

There was already a theological debate that lasted for 400 years about this shit, and the only thing it did was allow the turks to roach up anatolia because the Byzantine empire was too destabilized because of it to stop the invasion and the precipitating events of their own collapse

Yes, and?

>actually caring about christianity in 20XX
we're in the bad end just let it go

I'm using religious double meaning linguistics intentionally user :^)

so, how/when the fuck can i use those vine thingies? i'm at the roof of the cathedral or something and i can't find any passage. decent game, although kinda bugged.

Attached: faithintstr.png (1246x914, 1.27M)

Not an atheist, but at the same time, nope. I've seen enough of other religions so anything catholic doesn't affect me as much.

Game desperately needs map markers. Also a run skill or something. Towards the end the back tracking can be brutal. Especially if you're trying to 100%.

Besides that I'm really enjoying it. Unique cool looking bosses and enemies. Nice 2D pixel art for once.

Hoping for different weapon options in the sequel.

I'm so curious to know this. Im guessing some sort of spell?
Im about 18 hours and 75% through and see not sure about the vines.

That, actually makes a lot of sense.

No, once again white people make something wonderful out of literally anything.

Hatch the hairy egg that was under the bell

You must finish the Pilgrim quest(read: Equip 3 toes in front of the statue), to get the relic that allows you to ignore swamp/mud/sewage mobility penality.
And find 3 bridal offerings, and offer it to a bag of yarn.
And then offer the gift of the bride to a split tree. At which point you have the needed relic, where 90% of the vines are often paired with blood platforms.

Attached: Blasphemous_penitent_one.gif (680x768, 203K)

I just think it looks cool. Don't really need more than that

Is there a new game plus?

thanks user. i already did the bridal offerings quest, the one with the three faced lady right? then i'll head to the woman in the tree next.
>Equip 3 toes in front of the statue
the statue down in Albero?

no, after you beat the final boss you go back to the last bonfire

the statue where the pilgrim guy ends up in front of at the end of his questline

I really want to get this game, I grew up Catholic and that whole Spanish arm of our faith has always had a certain macabre beauty to it that I'm glad this studio is really trying its best to capture. Very enamored. I can take whatever jabs they wanna get in at the faith, I grew up rolling with them and agree on many fronts. But truly some artistic marvels have been made in God's name.

Just like with Buddhism, you're not supposed to pray to the statue/mandala/image, but to absorb the symbolism from the representation of the divine.

Of course this is too deep for dumbfuck protestants that get mad at Jesus Christ Superstar and Doom and have never produced any work of art even COMPARABLE to Orthodox and Catholics.

I'm atheist agnostic by the way.

Get it, it's very much worth the price.

I'm still early in the game but t's pretty good so far.

And you pray to a cross, you are no different.

I’m quite serious here, if you are a catholic, I understand you are well meaning believers but you may want to reconsider your denomination. There is plentiful evidence that Catholicism is just a satanic cult in disguise.

Attached: 6FA4E44B-8FE2-4EC4-8366-852D04CE7D4E.jpg (1000x518, 173K)

This guy is close, except that these symbols should remain sacred in order to have any effect (thus, concerns about triviliazing Jesus are not necessarily idiotic [although biblical monotheism is idiotic for many other reasons]). Also, the psychic environment should not be too polluted with Doom's, and stuff like that is always better to keep in its right limit.

Attached: 1568158888601.gif (274x351, 548K)

Why can't you niggers just talk about video games?

Attached: 1565412316096.jpg (504x662, 39K)

Death to the heretic

Attached: 1568435504906s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

Attached: 1568608840317.gif (220x220, 1003K)

t. literal heretic believing in heresy

>t.muslim or jew

>know nothing about religions raised atheistic
>still find the imagery cool as hell
I had this feeling with evangelion as well, best of both worlds.

I was raised atheist but love the aesthetic of these kinds of things even if a lot of it goes over my head.

>people unironically discussing the religious aspect of the game

Niggawut

That shit is background noise. Let's talk vidya

>but then later Catholicism has the sistine chapel, and other works of ostentatious grandeur used as devices to convey the glory of god
I don't see how building cathedrals could be considered idolatry.

>Let's talk vidya
To anybody playing this game, or considering doing so. There's a missable quest that gives zero warning. The trigger is to enter a room, but the problem is that the NPC that gives the quest is not visible when you enter it so if you turn back you already fucked up your completion rate.

>incels pretend to be Catholic by talking like they're playing fucking D&D or Warhammer

Speaking as someone raised in Ireland, most Catholics are angry peasants who would punch your face into a toothless pulp for talking 'fancy'.

Yeah ok
Game is mediocre, the second hardest boss can be the first you face making the rest completely u enjoyable and piss easy in comparison. The implementation of instant death pits is handled terribly when mixed with the at times super strict movement. The games reliance on making you wait (ice hills, lava area,) could serve thematically but logistically The worst part of dying is knowing that I have to wait a minute and a half to even begin to overcome my failure.

Spoil me user

That's because they're irish, not because they're catholic. I doubt even god is capable of making subhumans of such caliber act civilized.

When you enter the snowy mountain area, keep walking. There's a bonfire and an NPC in the very first room, talk to the NPC and you should be good to go. If you enter and leave the NPC becomes permanently unavailable and you're screwed.

That's what he said, idiot.

Attached: 1558217039615.jpg (410x308, 34K)

Not just Ireland. Check Poland, Mexico, and the entire fucking population of Honduras.

Catholicism doesn't produce Michelangelo. It produces hordes of angry serfs ready to mob the fuck out of anyone who sticks out from the crowd. All these DEUS VULT edgelords would fucking kill themselves or get stomped to death if they ever got to live in their dream Catholic state.

Religious imagery is one of the very few places you can find art of the genuinely mentally ill. Great shit if you're into schizo themes.
Like the meme angels from the bible. If you know how hallucinations "look", you'll recognize the descriptions.

Kinda ironic considering that religion is a big reason for vilification of mental illness.
Except when the ill pass it as revelations.

>le purification meme xD
first videogame you play? because most games use that stupid concept

>>Catholicism doesn't produce Michelangelo. It produces hordes of angry serfs ready to mob the fuck out of anyone who sticks out from the crowd.
But that's my point. It's idiotic to blame catholicism for subhuman behavior, a religion can only do so much. Mexicans were tearing themselves apart for entertainment long before the spaniards arrived.

the gameplay looks boring

Just started, couple hours in. Did a couple of bosses, screwed up the tree guys quest which I read in passing one of these threads. Its OK so far, nothing special other than the art. All it needs to do is keep me playing until I beat it a few days from now.

I wholeheartedly enjoy it because its exploring catholic "mythology" in a sense. Its pretty fun and deals with a lot of the fanfic stuff a religion can be based around

user, That's just what you get for being an idiot farmer. You don't need to lash out at the world because of how dull you are.

Attached: 1558633330827.png (768x1024, 690K)

oh, that's what i did. thought i should go back and clear the previous area before i fucked around in the new area. oh well. thought the game was pretty mediocre. for every cool visual element or lore tidbit there was a million tryhard ones. every area being called like 'the illustrious trial of the pendulous vindication' was retarded too. it's a cave, just call it the caves, or something

>It's idiotic to blame catholicism for subhuman behavior
Except when it's not.
Catholicism reinforces DEUS VULT edgelord bullshit.
Here in poland it results in lots of pointless hate, glorification of violence, projections and cope, scapegoating.

Retards gonna ret, but don't pretend that islam doesn't make retards even worse than regular directionless retards.
Christianity is halfway between islam and atheism in effect it has on behavior.

Attached: nadwiślańskie gówno.jpg (393x382, 26K)

it is. you get no mobility upgrades and combat is repetitive and broken extremely easily by certain prayers

>Retards gonna ret, but don't pretend that islam doesn't make retards even worse than regular directionless retards.
That's a good point, I stand corrected.

Christianity just took over everything pagan culture worked for then continues to spit on them to this day. It's almost comedic.

Art of the mentally ill? Can you elaborate user?

>pagan culture
>pagan
Shut up, christian wh*Toid. That word doesn't exist.

Attached: tag-a-noodle-head-11865215.png (500x647, 167K)

I've always enjoyed mythology as a subject. So even though I don't believe in any of it, I can appreciate the aesthetic take of the game.

>took over
They couldn't even do that right

Attached: Loss of crafts.png (1173x438, 549K)

>Barbarian wh*Toids claiming BLACK ROMAN BVLL culture as their own
Typical.

It's a bit hard to describe if you don't have a "feel" for it.
If you read christian literature, watch the art, it often repeats themes that "resonate" with OCD and schizophrenia spectrum. Catholic guilt is very OCD in nature, church even created a word for what would be called "religious OCD" nowadays. Catholicism sees guilt as a very important thing.
The biblical angels in the apocalypse share a lot with real thought distortions seen in hallucinations.

Art of normal people doesn't capture it like art of the religious does.
Say, shit like the nu-metal crap where the lyrics are about insanity, but there is no insanity in the lyrics.
Compare it to that christian dude who makes those weird robot renders. I think he also made FNAF.

Representation, particularly of the divine, was considered heretical in early Christianity, following the Jewish tradition. No wonder early Christians were as useless as Jews to create sublime art. The lift if the ban on representation is one of several aspects European peoples 'paganized' the Christian cult.

Christianity was paganized the second they adopted Paul's decrees, and started doing things like eating sacrificial meat and no longer enforcing circumcision and passover. Making the cult of mary from eastern gods like Isis and adopting other gods as saints just reinforced that.

DAILY REMINDER:

You all worship a half Jewish half Roman product of rape, who was so ashamed of his conception that he created a religion and promised you whatever you wanted (received after death) just so long as you believe he was a magic God baby and not the son of a Roman soldier and a Jewish prostitute.

And you fucks still continue to believe to this day.

Attached: 512px-Römerhalle,_Bad_Kreuznach_-_Tiberius_Iulius_Abdes_Pantera_tombstone.jpg (512x768, 136K)

Sounds kino, what game is this?
Can I kill the heathen? Punish those who spread heresies?

Blasphemous. I've played about an hour of it so far, it's fun but a little clunky. Imagery is definitely pretty intense tho, if you like crazy religious shit you'll enjoy it

>my fairy tale beats your fairy tale!
That's just nazi bullshit.
Real jesus may have never existed. There is no historical evidence that there was an important leader named anything like jesus existing around 30 CE.

You got a problem buddy?

Attached: 1560278843550.jpg (1080x1080, 102K)

That circumcision and passover stuff may count as 'paganizing' to a Jew, but I'm not into biblical bulshit, so for an external observer these are not very relevant differentiators.
The cult of Mary is for sure a clear differentiation from the hebrew religion, but it seems to be posterior to the start of religious imagery.

Attached: 6A8A12D5-3342-482F-B789-3D79D583DCA5.jpg (960x960, 117K)

I don’t believe (((You))).

>Real jesus may have never existed
You can say that same thing about Alexander the Great with your logic.

Yes, and?

Not sure I understand the difference other than the fact that the bottom one is better organized.

That story is likely standard Jewish education, out of the manual. I suspect it may be as unreliable as the New testament though.

I'm pretty sure this violets the transitive property.

have sex

Your game is shit Eric, drop it.

Top one promotes the Filioque, and ignores the Father’s unique role as the wellspring of the Trinity.

......is this game out yet?

Attached: 1568615535731.jpg (720x716, 63K)

The whole point of the game is to go through penance. You won't kill heretics, but you will purge corruption whether it's physical or conceptual, and kill the evil pope at the end.

Please do not dilate, but seek reconstruction surgery and let yourself heal.

literally no resorurces on the internet give the vaguest fucking clue where to upgrade uoir roasary

...yes? For a bit, now?

I wonder (((who)))'s behind this post. Certainly not from the people who has been seething at Him for millenia.

>mfw every time I ask a christtard to explain muh trinity, the answer is different
Church should drop the "it's le great mystery" bullshit. It only results in everyone being wrong.

No, you retard.
Alexander the Great is well documented by outside sources. Isocrates, Demosthenes, Aeschines, Hyperides, Dinarchus, Theocritus, Theophrastus, and Menander. Many of those are pretty explicit and not just "maybe kinda there was some dude".
Meanwhile all the historical evidence for jesus is basically
>around 50 CE, there were some followers of rabbi joshua operating in this region
Certainly nothing expected of a great leader, just his followers. And all the info is from after his death.

It's a joke about the filioque controversy

O dear Penitent One...it seemeth thou did notst make haste...psh, nothing personnel

Attached: 1552468685373.png (300x300, 12K)

Actually by the 3rd century roman art shifted from realistic to idealized depictions. Just look at the statue of 4 tetrarchs.

Cross Jondo.

>Historians says Alex existed centuries ago. You believe them.
>Historians where some were contemporaries say Josh existed. Now they are unreliable.
They provide Tempe same amount of proof, but you are just picking and choosing what you want to see. Every Secular historical organization will laugh at you for saying Jesus was not a real person.

I've noticed that there's a difference between anti-Jesus and anti-Christian posters.

>greek duded saying just trust me lmao instead of the aramaic records
you cant even find provide evidence. they both have around the same amount of evidence.

>t. Celsus
Actually i consider this theory most plausible, even if historians don't. That tumular inscription matches Celsus so well that it cant be mere coincidence

one's exclusive to jews

>n-no my favourite person existed. reliable evidence? f-fuck off

I don't get it... if you bring the oil in time, he disappears and the metal mold remains in place, empty. If you don't he turns into a tree. So what happens if you bring the oil? The guy escapes?

Infinite cope
You can't even name the people who mentioned the wood kike. Because if you did, I could just bring up the quotes to show that it was literally just
>around year that and that, followers of christos operated here and there

Well yeah the dude only had like 12 followers, not including his prostitute and his mom

>Jews don't like our Jew

The Christians are the most pathetic of all. They will never overcome their neurotic relationship with Jews.

Mary Magdalene was not a Prostitute ya darn Papist.

>golden calf
>tfw you realize given the first opportunity they could the Jews literally began worshipping gold

Attached: 110EF92C-FC33-4797-812B-62B4D7823D54.jpg (283x329, 51K)

So are ya going to publish your “findings” to the historical community about this? Because your logic won how historians wrote their records doesn’t refute that Jesus as the same if not more historical proof of him being an actual real person compared to Alexander the Great.

what do you mean by bugged
only thing even close to a bug I experienced was getting pushed into the floor by a platform

i remember when the jewish boss of my father sent him a muslim video to "counter" roman catholicism. that video had a lot of "magdalene's a prostitute, look at leonardo's painting centuries later".

Read "The Messiah Myth" by Thompson

I was raised catholic too and while I think some stuff is genuinely creepy I think most of it is really beautiful. I still believe in God to some extent but my faith has wavered over the last 15-20 years (i'm 32 now). I still would like to go back to church and all that but I know that if I do my family with either want to join me or just be confused (because I haven't been motivated by almost anything else over the years).

Anyways I think the game is pretty amazing. I saw the bad ending in Lobosjr's first playthrough, which was really shitty and depressing. I have yet to watch the true ending so hopefully it's much more uplifting. My favorite boss so far (that I know of yet) is Melquiades, the Exhumed Archbishop It's like a much much more interesting High Lord Wolnir from Dark Souls 3, but before he got partially consumed by the Abyss. Also the soundtrack is fucking beautiful. It's been stuck in my head for a few days now.

Lobos fights Melquiades at 1:12:29 and has a pretty awesome ending to the fight (even though it also was him really sucking at the fight). What really helped was him having a buff that was basically like the Red Tearstone Ring buff from Dark Souls (more damage at critical health).

youtu.be/BBy_hk7fuGE?t=4349

Attached: melquaides_the_exhumedarchbishop.jpg (1280x718, 73K)

But that book doesn't contradict anything?

>Catholicism
have fun going to hell for worshipping a roman baphomet cult used to house and protect homosexual pedophiles

Attached: dwadwadaw.jpg (1508x1132, 727K)

>faith has wavered over the last X years. I still would like to go back to church
are you me?
>want to join me
>confused
what's wrong with that? unless you were raised in a religious household and understood things, people will be confused. it's ultimately their choice if they want to join your or not

Attached: 1568208938873.png (526x397, 149K)

He applied the oil and slipped out.

Anglos don't even understand why they hate Catholicism. They got pissy at the Spanish for the armada and for king Charles II being sympathetic to Catholicism, and they never got over this. And then the Americans drank in the anti-Catholicism mixed with anti-Irish nativism.

Attached: seething proddies.png (1072x736, 1002K)

>what's wrong with that? unless you were raised in a religious household and understood things, people will be confused. it's ultimately their choice if they want to join your or not

What I mean is I would like me going back to church to be a private thing that only I know about. That's impossible though because I still live at home with my family and I'm going through a financial rough patch. Right now i'm broke as shit and idk when its going to get better. My mom is still very religious but she doesn't go to church. She is very much a catholic but bothers me a bit is that she does stuff that is borderline feels like borderline withcraft. Like when it's a full moon she'll put out a makeshift alter with all these special stones and shit to "absorb the moon's energy" and all this other crap.

>Like when it's a full moon she'll put out a makeshift alter with all these special stones and shit to "absorb the moon's energy" and all this other crap.
New Age boomer shit, I wouldn't worry about it.

but what bothers me*
also
witchcraft*
I can't help wanting to correct my typos.

yeah that's what I think but I swear sometimes some spooky shit has happened at my house.

Also this one time I got REALLY upset at someone, I did some half ass attempt to put a curse on that person late at night. The next day there was a huge car crash outside my house. It involved 2 or 3 cars and some big rig that was parked in the middle of the street (to make a delivery to one of the large business near my house because I live in a industrial area). I never messed with that shit again.

Not an argument.
FACT: the Catholic "church" houses and protects pedophiles.
FACT: the Catholic "church" is historically a political institution, not a religious one.
FACT: heads of the Catholic "church" practice devil worship.

>My mom is still very religious
>borderline withcraft
It's a common thing.
Religiosity comes from ease of belief and low standards of evidence.
Those two in turn correlate strongly with belief in all sorts of weird shit. From alternative medicine, through conspiracy theories to new age.

Religiosity is just a symptom, like being a furry is to fetishes.
There are wholesome furries, but when you hear that someone wears a dog suit, you can rightly expect them to be much more likely than average to eat shit.

i wish these threads were about the game and not religion

>FACT: the Catholic "church" houses and protects pedophiles.
True. All traditional religions have lots of pedos for (((some reason))).
>FACT: the Catholic "church" is historically a political institution, not a religious one.
Irrelevant. All religious institutions eventually start lobbying for power they do not deserve.
Religion 100% always goes for propaganda, hence religion is politics.
>FACT: heads of the Catholic "church" practice devil worship.
Now that's just plain bullshit.

Attached: 1503175528716507506.png (178x178, 62K)

>Now that's just plain bullshit
Stay bluepilled. I'm sure they're all perfect Christians out for nothing but the betterment of the world

Attached: 1542311652794.jpg (800x772, 249K)

>talking about religion while saying nice things about furries
get the fuck out you degenerate heretic.

Learn to read you degenerate kiddy diddler.

I did but that's still offensive. Even without the whole furry thing. And desu I don't care to give you a proper response. There's no such thing as a "wholesome furry".

So you haven't read it.

>through conspiracy theories

Attached: 6bf9c1b32b3e129d6a7505ad9bf24e647e119e7815b0076f4739fb01f52bb794.png (287x304, 143K)

>There's no such thing as a "wholesome furry".
You'd have to be an utter ameriprude to say that dude who occasionally faps to 2D people with mild animal features to be a monster to be despised.
Ironically, those turboprudes tend to be actual degenerates, fucking with strangers, getting diseases, cheating on their partners.