Kirby

When is this series gonna take some risks?
Each entry is the safest, most mundane platformer possible, heck its 2019 and kirby STILL hasn't made the leap to 3D

Attached: there-s-a-kirby-fan-and-the-design-of-it-just-makes-too-much-sense-thumb.jpg (440x402, 26K)

because nobody goes into kirby looking for some groundbreaking experience, its something you play with your girlfriend

The next one user. Void was the final boss of 2D kirby and they used Nightmare in Clash to make sure there was no one to call back to.

Devs stated this phase of kirby is over so it's all new stuff now

Attached: Void_Mind.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

>kirby STILL hasn't made the leap to 3D

Attached: 87ec742a9764a58d9bb41fd1ce88ea7df34b8063.jpg (616x353, 50K)

They need to get off the rttdl engine. It's a good engine but has the effect of making every game feel too similar. Robobot was peak Kirby age they killed the engine's reputation with Shart Allies

They had a period where they were experimenting with some different stuff like a 3d Kirby but it lead to a bunch of cancelled projects so they decided to just play it safe afterwards

>Every other game is a step into a different genre often inventing its own mechanics in the process
>Guys Kirby plays it too safe

user what the actual fuck are you talking about. It's mainline games are 2D but it's branched out in literally every direction while staying a side scroller. Kirby takes more risks more often then any other Nintendo franchise.

Battle Royales, Rhythm Games, Whatever the fuck Tilt n Tumble was, Online boss fight galleries, Stylus only 2D adventures, Not-Pikmin, the list goes on. I'd like to see the 3D adventure style tackled but the little asshole is the king of 2D experiments

Attached: hello friend.png (200x200, 74K)

I don't know why people always say this when Kirby has like a billion spin offs that deviate from the main formula.

I think they're referring to a full-length game, so not a true leap yet. Blowout Blast and Battle Royale were kind of experimental spinoffs.

>Every 2D game needs to become 3D
Come on user. Not every series can translate 3D. You either end up wasting a ton of time, money, and fans on a goal that's simply not possible, or you end up with a completely different type of game that might as well be an original series.

exhibit A: Sonic

More or less what I was thinking. I'm still up in the air on whether a "true Sonic game" in 3D can be done, but what we've gotten so far at least proves that if you haven't figured it out then to force it.

Redpill me on Kirby. Is he woke? Would Kirby support Hitler or join on the side of the jews in WW2?

What a shitty post

Kirby is anti-marxist. Thats all we really know so far

>Devs stated this phase of kirby is over
lmao no they didn't

He likes boys who eat kosher the best

>kirby fan
>pushes air out, not sucks air in

Attached: 1553309463771.png (900x790, 398K)

I think a 3d kirby game with an indepth physics engine could be cool. A playground of blocks to suck up and spit out how you see fit.

What about Blowout Blast?

Attached: 1560117221264.png (210x178, 95K)

Kirby has shown he has no regard for any governing body. He lives purely to make himself and his friends happy.

suck in sast

Wouldn't that just be like a blinx the timesweeper game?

Apologize

Attached: 4ECA9084-44BB-4662-871E-4D65F5B8906A.jpg (220x307, 25K)