Go in expecting the worst

>go in expecting the worst
>it's actually link's awakening but improved by a number of QoL changes

Attached: links awakening.jpg (666x374, 366K)

>Sixty US dollars

i banked my e-shop goodboy points this year and got it for around $45

>improved by a number of QoL changes

Can you name at least 5?
Legitimately curious.

It would be better from a gameplay stand point, but they fucked up the physics.

A thought experiment if you will. Remove price from the equation, view it only in terms of gameplay, which is better now?

Not the same guy but I can name three.
Sword and shield are always equipped so you don’t have to swap them out for other items and you can place markers on the map.

power bracelet is a passive upgrade

sword and shield are on a/b

pegasus boots have their own button

you can find an item that helps you track down

sea-shells

map-markers

You can just pirate it
And price should never be used to criticize the actual content of a game, its not a valid point faggot

doesn't it have frame rate issues though?

I actually like the art style, so I was interested in playing this until I heard about FPS drops. Also the $60 price tag is too steep for such a simple remake.

there are some yes but i play in handheld mode. mostly during when you transition to different areas

Attached: 1569243023485.jpg (2624x1208, 511K)

the map marker and sea shell finder are good, the rest break puzzles and I mean this unironically
I was jumping gaps when I wasn't supposed to, and the fact you can move on a diagonal makes this worse

Item switching is faster as the menu appears more quickly. The bracelet, shield, sword and boots are now permanently mapped rather than inventory items. 2 item slots in addition to this all allows for very streamlined item usage. More warps points as well as the warps being accessible via the ocarina now. More hearts pieces allowing for up to 20 hearts instead of 14, if you are into that. Screens now scroll instead of transitioning. Probably more I am forgetting, it's a lot of little things that add up.

Basically it is the same game, but much more smooth gameplay wise.

yeah okay but I really don't like the artstyle
big dealbreaker

kinda want to play the original again, so it achieved that much

>revamping the entire game´s looks basically having to develop the game from scratch
>simple remake

the fuck

>Muh quality of life xD

This is by far the most retarded expression in your dumb language, why the fuck is it "quality of life" anyway? It doesn't make any goddamn sense whatsoever.

>The game for glasses-wearing depressed zoomers in college.

Attached: 1562417375405.png (1910x977, 1.3M)

>same gameplay as original gameboy version

>NINTENDO
Grezzo

>develop the game from scratch
>renting Unreal Engine 4
What did he mean by this?

Now post how she looks in the actual GB game retard

t. retard

>if you dont develop the engine it doesnt count

are you retarded

Fuck Grezzo and fuck what they did to Majora's Mask.

It sure isn't "making it from scratch", retard

What's her backstory?

Attached: 76935078_p0.jpg (1718x2126, 216K)

I agree, they fucked up this game too.

What does that matter? She's never looked anything like that since.
It's pretty obviously a gameboy limitation.

I love it too. Shame about the framerate and the keeses.

That's two.

they made it easier but harder. wish it looked realistic

It's only 50 if you buy it with the game voucher.

Not so, many aspects of the gameplay have changed and been improved or streamlined in such a way as to waste as little of the player's time as possible.

>they made it easier but harder.

Attached: 1568563245225.jpg (1827x2048, 261K)

cope

just pirate the game nigga

One dude posted 6 examples

my career path is actually teaching english as a second language so i'll take this as an opportunity to explain.

"the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group." is the definition of this phrase.

so in this context, where we compare the original link's awakening to the remake, there is a vast increase to the comfort experienced while playing the game.

similarly to the ocarina of time where you basically had 3 c-buttons (effectively 2 since you always had the ocarina mapped to one), link's awakening suffered from this since you only had 2 item slots. the sword and shield were their own items.

in the original, you would be constantly be in and out of the menu swapping items around for puzzles/combat. but in the remake, this is not the case. the sword and shield are always out, the power bracelet is no longer an item but a passive upgrade, as are the pegasus boots.

You get a few more warp points and can select which one to go to instead of just cycling though them.
And mambo's song lets you warp to ANY of them and not just the lake.

You could move and jump diagonally in the original dumbshit.

There is no "before I should been able to" in this game, you just did something as soon as you could vs when you had to. Again, that's all over the original as well.

Sure is zoomy in here

That doesn't change the fact that he only posted two and said it was three.

I know what it means retard, it still sounds retarded as fuck.

I normally play my vidya in English, but I was kinda surprised how good the Dutch translation was. Someone really put some effort in there, with little touches like making the Witch speak in rhymes etc.

Maybe if you're an ESL faggot, José

>Dutch
What the fuck is even that.

Imagine being this fucking retarded, holy shit.

>I was jumping gaps when I wasn't supposed to
lol that's what you think

I got a gift card and it was the only game I was interested in. Havent played it yet but i got the uncensored German version on GB.

Attached: nixe02normalversion664.jpg (320x288, 22K)

I think he meant the credits-photos. They could have made that look any way they wanted to, but they went for this style, so that's pretty official. You could still argue whether they did it justice or whether that's even a good idea to begin with, of course.

Attached: cutscenes.png (659x591, 64K)

Attached: f9fb342a2c47e69ccb79a9937585fbae.jpg (4096x2344, 703K)

>yfw you remember that creepypasta about LA where you kill everyone on the island in some fucked up way because they all did some fucked up shit paralleling their executionand Link is the executioner on this prison island

Attached: owl.png (535x599, 454K)

I think he means that they designed it to be even easier despite including hero mode.

>Retard still trying to convince himself.he has a point.

Fucking kek

>german version
>translated by the chief editor of the official german Nintendo magazine
>no knowledge in japanese, went off of the english translation he received
>translation suffers from him being a basic young german adult in the 90s and every piece of text is written... well... like this... it's crazy... hehe... ok???
>half of the dialogue not even remotely accurate and thus unrelated to the situation or the game
>every other piece of dialogue quotes crude rap songs or makes absurd references to German TV shows
>replaces Totake's easter-egg song in the name entry with his own shitty Eurobeat-track
>Germans will defend him because "heehee so random xdd crazy!!!!!"
Fuck this guy. The sheer arrogance of him is unbelievable. Apparently he tried to fuck with the translation of Ocarina of Time too, but people were wary of his autistic shit by then and put a halt to it.

Attached: nie-ohne-kondom-zelda-links-awakening.jpg (650x479, 44K)

The new Roc feather feels like shit to use. Notice how most people playing blind aren't even using it unless required, when in the original fucking everyone jumped around all the time just for the fun of it.

>>translation suffers from him being a basic young german adult in the 90s and every piece of text is written... well... like this... it's crazy... hehe... ok???
Please go back

I still use it all the time. You're autistic.

>he watches people play videogames
Holy redditola!

Nice. I'll wait for the Yuzu version.

Did they change the notoriously shitty fish boss?
Does that asshole still punch you back to the start of the dungeon?
Is there any content locked behind Amiibo shit? Fuck I hate Amiibos

I'm playing through the remake as someone who never played the original or DX and like just jumping around with it sometimes, or trying to see if I can cross gaps by combining the boots with it

Look at those tits

why do you hate amiibos theyre actually really cool

They're all cute in different ways, what's your point

I only paid 50, plus I weigh the price with the amount of fun I have with the game, not the time spent.
Short but awesome game > Long and mediocre game.

I agree, jumping feels slow as shit now. It's not satisfying.

Same.

>as someone who never played the original or DX
Why would you play a remake before the original?

I just beat the fish boss. He didn't do much.

Gonna as a spoiler-y question below, something that's bugged me from DECADES ago:

So the general idea is: if the Wind Fish wakes up, all life on the island disappears. ALL life. If that's the case, why did the Owl drive Link to wake the fish? Because if Link did wake the fish, the owl would disappear, too. Was the owl suicidal...?

Attached: Question_Block.gif (231x232, 356K)

I have it permanently mapped to Y cause jumping is fun

Attached: 76934846_p0.png (1080x1520, 1.32M)

>I was jumping gaps when I wasn't supposed to
What do you mean? If you have the feather and boots, you can make jumps. Having the boots on a dedicated button doesn't give you more abilities.

There's only one point in the game where you can "cheat" with the boots+feather : it's in a later dungeon, where there are pits in a cross shape surrounded by walls. You're supposed to be only able to jump left to right, and access the room from another direction to be able to jump to the top. But with correct timing you can jump diagonaly. It lets you bypass a little bit of the dungeon.

The Owl is the fish's manifestation in the dream, arguably so is everyone else except, Link who is a Hylian, and maybe Marin who might be a seagull.

The Owl is the Windfish's own subconsciousness, that's why he's helping Link in the first place.

I was going to get DX on my 2DS at some point either way.
But honestly, I'm glad I waited, because knowing how I've been with other Zelda games, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed LA all that much my first go around if the item swapping is as bad as people say it is

It's Launch from DBZ

Attached: 53c8d685e303d53a19d08bbb15d1afdc.jpg (500x736, 46K)

Really? The dutch translations I've checked out for curiosity's sake were fucking trash. I do wonder how they handled some stuff, like the relief in the Southern Face Shrine, they better not have ruined it.

The owl says he’s the guardian of the wind fish’s dreams. I just figure it’s part of the wind fish itself

>Launch
>In DBZ
I wish user.
I wish.

I guess played DX long time ago to notice this tidbits. Thanks for pointing that.

>Far more convenient warp points
>Improved map (too many interface improvements to list)
>You can track secret seashells and heart pieces
>Overhauled rapids minigame
>You can buy back the shovel following the boomerang trade
>More convenient save system
>Inventory management streamlined
>Can recall previous dialogue from the menu
>Shield, sword and Pegasus boots now bound to buttons
>Can hold over 999 rupees and rupees are more plentiful making obtaining the shovel and bow less of a pain without resorting to theft
>Fishing overhauled
There are many more.

I mean, it was popular as soon as it was announced, so you can expect all of us here to nitpick the hell out of every minor point and turn it into a deal-breaker. Understand that this here is bizarro world where joy cannot exist unless we're the ones who discovered it first. And even then we can only like that thing for two weeks before the rest of the world catches up.

ability to zoom map

since no one has mentioned that one yet

>tries to be an individual by being contrarian on art style
>got me to play original again

sheep mentality to the max

>why is thing?
>this is why thing
>I KNEW THAT ALREADY, GEEZ

>power bracelet is a passive upgrade, sword and shield are on a/b, pegasus boots have their own button
That's one single improvement. And it's pathetic that you can put the fucking warp song in the dpad since it's not even used

>sea-shells
Literally worse than in the original. You need way too many shells now for the sword. You either go full autismo and find shitloads of shells, or you get the sword at level 8 when you're 30 minutes away from finishing the game

For $60 I'd expect some new postgame and new content.

better graphics
insane 60fps
get to use joycons
same menu type as BotW
Link makes noises

Why? Are you ok, user?

So, the owl is a manifestation of the desires of the wind fish. So the wind fish WANTS to wake up because.... he's tired of being asleep? Because the dark entity is keeping him asleep? What is the dark being doing?

I'm realizing that I have a piss poor understanding of the major lore of this game. Granted, it was over 2 decades ago for me, but still. This is a DAMN good story - I want to fully understand it. Help, please?

So they're supposed to leave money on the table for no reason?

Attached: sixty us dollars.jpg (685x660, 89K)

>paying 60 dollars for a 1 hour game

All cute. All my seagull wife.

What's her frontstory?

Attached: EFDJZ4uXsAEq_2S[1].jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Really happy to have a Zelda that let's you start in Hero mode.
Makes that early game a nice challenge, though in this game as soon as you get to Crazy Tracy, get a few heart pieces, and get the blue tunic and some bottles the differences become a little insignificant
Now beating this game collecting no heart pieces and keeping on three hearts (assuming thats possible), and reaching the secret end.
Now that's a challenge I want to see people tackle.

It feels weird that they didnt balance the game to account for the color dungeon. Red tunic makes bosses a pushover.

Why did they give the darkest Zelda ever this artstyle?

>Koei Tecmo
Man, giving Team Ninja creative control over the Zelda IP yielded some of the wildest character designs in the series. Bless those cheeky bastards.

Attached: Hyrule_Warriors_Artwork_Zelda_Baton.png (2756x2918, 3.93M)

historia says he was a manifestation of the wind fish's subconscious, damn it, maybe I should just scan the page for link's awakening in the historia because it answers some lingering questions
Like the fact that Link really did wipe those people from existence and if he has just let the dream continue they would have lived their happy lives in peace, including him.

It's become more common now, both the Wii U versions of WW and TP had Hero Mode unlocked from the start

I chuckled.

My theory is that the Wind Fish is a cosmic god-like being that is always in a cycle of creation. It dreams up worlds and then it eventually wakes up. These powerful dreams transfer outwards into the world giving things soul and renewed life via a chosen one waking it up. Then it moves onto the next place in the world to sleep. There is always a traveller and a guide/motivator like Marin.
Links raft got caught in a storm created by the Wind Fish's subconscious. It pulled Link into its dreamworld.
Marin, as the chosen guide gets to pick her form of choice, which is a Seagull which Link sees and can sense her essence inside. I kind of think Marin deep down subconciously knows she is the guide/motivator in this ritual because she tells Link to not forget her, meaning she might already suspect her world, her life, isn't real. At least not yet and not in this way.
I think others are also dispersed by their wishes too but maybe a little less consciously and not as immediately as Marin.

So if link didn’t want to get off the island, then the dream would continue and nothing wrong would happen?
Like there was no sign of trouble or anything that would threaten everyone and link. Except windfish having nightmares.

Is this one of those “it’s escapism. It’s not healthy” kinda things?

The pic on the left threw me for a loop and made me wonder if there was lore about the mermaid being a human who's only pretending, but then I remembered that was actually in Phantom Hourglass.

Attached: 20199231213854image.jpg (554x554, 36K)

>and get the blue tunic
Picking the blue tunic in hero mode defeats the purpose. Pick red and go double damage both taken and inflicted.

Yes, pretty much. The Nightmares' only "evil" act was keeping the Wind Fish asleep so they could survive, they weren't actively attacking the people and it's said that monsters became more active only when Link arrived. Link could've chosen to live in the dream and never wake up, but it would've been escapism for himself and he would've been knowingly allowed the Wind Fish to keep sleeping when he knew he could do something to let him awaken.

Because seeing such a detailed model from the top down and such a distance away is a great use of resources isn't it?

I think the Nightmares would actually continue to grow stronger until all there is is Nightmares because the Nightmares are there specifically to make sure the Wind Fish eventually wakes up. The peril forces the hero to take action.
Eventually life for the Hero would become so unbearable that the Hero would have to wake the Wind Fish up by following the Owls instructions.

So you think the Nightmares were created as a failsafe of sorts in order for someone to rise and awaken the Wind Fish? That's not what their dialogue makes it seem like, I always took it at them simply being creatures born out of the Wind Fish having bad dreams and that decided to prevent it from awakening so they could keep living. It doesn't seem like they expand their influence or grow any stronger throughout the game.

>Z

Somebody please tell me they’re going to support this with DLC or something? The dungeon builder is fun but no ability to download or share them online is absolutely stupid. They could use more rooms and plus effects too. I was hoping for something like a Hard Mode plus effect to use on boss rooms to give them more health or change their moves

>it's actually link's awakening but improved by a number of QoL changes
I honestly have no idea how you expected anything different. It's exactly what they've marketed it as since day1 it was announced.

you are coping right this very second

>Somebody please tell me they’re going to support this with DLC or something?
Don't expect that. The dungeon builder is probably a soft test run for a future Zelda Maker as a completely separate game.

If they charge $60 for this are they gonna charge $60 for ages and then $60 seasons? If so that's $180 for all 3 games which is a huge fucking rip off. Seasons and Ages should be free DLC for LA

Would you happen to be a german who was working in translation in the 90s?

Well it’s pretty fun so I wouldn’t mind that. It really just needs a few more tweaks
>ability to control what side the locked door is on
>ability to control what stairs connect instead of the game just guessing at what makes sense based on proximity
>more plus effects so you can spice up the more generic rooms with more variations

>Worries about 'order' in the type of game where you make your own path
If you can do it without actually glitching/using a bug, it's meant to be like that.