How do you control your anger when losing in a highly competitive video game, Yea Forums?

How do you control your anger when losing in a highly competitive video game, Yea Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2F0LT6pIzTg
youtube.com/watch?v=99cT68OR-SM
streamable.com/udc9d
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlIQic8-NQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By not playing competitive games in the first place.

I shrug it off. No has a 100% win rate, and it's not like I'm competing for money.

drink some cold ice water and stroke my pet cat's soft fur

Just don't be a sperg

I beat up my wife

I dont, I usually start shouting and then I just take a break and jerk off

By breaking my controller you fucking faggot

Of course. I just let rampant self hatred for fucking up instead.

Look at yourself from the perspective of someone else and realize you look like a goddamned manchild sperg.

Unironically giving advice on this. Finding Chris-chan a decade ago caused me to re-evaluate my life and everything I do from someone else's point of view.

fpbp
and failing that, remembering you have more to lose than gain by being mad
if you lack mental fortitude and cognitive responsibility, you shouldn't be playing games where you can lose and be humiliated

I can't I honestly slammed my keyboard during the cod beta and uninstalled it afterwards. I'm a 31 year old with a job this is embarrassing.

By usually saying something like "fucking faggot", then realize I'm getting mad at man child games and laugh it off. If I'm serious about the game, I'll lab it up and figure out where I fucked up.

I audibly blame my teammates except I'm never in voice chat so no one hears it

I coom

LOOK HERE!
LOOK LISTEN

I really need to make this fuckin money *dog whimper*
LOOK HERE

Just remind yourself that the guy you're playing against is a tryhard loser who's a small dicked manlet virgin and if he hadn't played so much more than you you'd beat him every single time even though he's hacking.

Sports, great at improving self control. Cardio.

I don't get angry unless it some genuinely bullshit reason, like hardware failure or lagspike etc, and then the anger is directed solely at the malfunction. If I'm the reason for the fuck up, it's no big deal, gonna be dust one day anyway and the guy better than me is 100% a fat smelly perma virgin and I hope he suffocates under the graivty of his own depressing lardsuit.

i go do something else for a little while like cook or clean a room in the house

Learning to play games is surprisingly difficult for Mercans.
Either you have fun PLAYING or you don't. If you don't you have to convince yourself winning is fun. Problem is it's not. It's PLAYING that's fun. You can call yourself an adult when you can have fun despite the game not going your way.
tldr: grow up.

Wew lad.

Only competitive online game I play now is maelstrom and when I lose I now laugh it off as I don't care bout winning anymore. Playing lol since launch till a year ago and tcgs from a young age just made me mad that after deciding to stop trying to be hyper competitive I've just enjoyed games at a more basic level again. Great feeling.

Most I do now is say a curse word but I learned a long time ago from my Dad always abusing my Mom that anger and destruction is never the answer. I still have trouble talking to my Dad.
But yeah if you can’t control your anger your better off not playing.

So you avoid anger by GETTING ANGRY! Ok.

negative testosterone

>self-control bad
>unga bunga me smash controller good

I,too, also learned of this obese fellow via a two hour youtube video

I mainly play fighting games, for the most part. If I lose, I know it's my fault so I don't get mad. I just learn.

You, only, are new here.

>invite friend over
>rotate playing competitive games
>whenever he tilts, rages and tries to break my set up. Always makes salty or smug message during post game.
>whenever I play and does less shitty than him, he be like “ayo why aren’t you trash talking? go type ggez”

Nothing about that is being angry you tiny dicked manlet.

THIS DUDE JUST DID A 10-HIT COMBO

Attached: marshall_law.png (775x1030, 511K)

THIS DUDES DOIN STRINGS

Wtf i love thing youtube video told me to care about!

the uprising of cucks and sjws is unsurprising given the state of submissive men

*procceeds to throw his controller around and cry on stream*

Not having anger issues isn't being submissive

I'm trying to remind myself how much of a manchild I'm when I'm raging over a fucking video game. Like nibba these are just pixels, like quit the stupid game lol

>not immediately sperging out and breaking everything like an actual neanderthal for up to an entire minute is being submissive

Attached: 1569221117613.png (600x542, 385K)

by appearing offline

're clearly 100% butthurt.

I like to call people who killed me bitches and fags
>this fucking faggot
>what a bitch
>this fag again
>fuck you hoe

you are low testosterone if you feel nothing when you lose
it is the nature of man to be competitive and if you have no drive to succeed or do well you are less than a man, a pet dog for some woman to run over while she fucks chad

Okay virgin

What if someone provokes or griefs?

What's his name again?

Have sex

I'm not a faggot that devotes my self worth to meaningless ranks in a rigged system.
Also I'm having more fun, which basically means I'm better than you at videogames.

Change server. You have the power over who you play with and what you play.

BingsOfWahoo

I had anger issues as a young lad. I once hammer fisted an og xbox into Bolivia after losing a halo 2 match. I still have some but I'm a loser so I've accepted it.

Came here to post this

Based retard missing the point of the thread.
>How do you control your anger?

There are only 2 "Chad" ways of facing defeat in a video game
>Saying nothing
and
>Killing for real whomever bested you so you can best him at real life

Attached: e.png (832x1000, 305K)

simply don't get mad in the first place
video games are not worth getting mad over in most cases, especially not in a truly competitive environment
it's okay to be upset if someone's cheating but if it's actually you against someone else and both of you are trying your hardest, it's a good game no matter who wins or loses

Better OP question: how do you deal with it at a tournament setting where you cant rage out and its offline and streamed so everyone knows you rage?

>feel nothing when you lose
you can't even fucking read correctly, kill yourself incel

>losing is fun
Yeah, okay cuck.

Attached: 1493596032865.png (1119x1086, 217K)

By reminding yourself that it's just a game, and that there's probably more productive things you could be doing with your time.

I don't get it. Why does he only play shitty fps games if he rages out constantly at them? It doesn't even look like he's having fun. Why not play a good genre of game and not this Western trash?

All competition is a learning experience. If I am taking competition seriously then I need to go back and analyze what I did wrong and how I could improve. If I am not taking it seriously then why am I even playing competitive?

Frustration is natural. Blinding rage is not only pointless but it can actively be counterproductive. It can worsen your play if it is a round based game and it can make it so you miss obvious places to improve.

Probably been said already, but i take it out on my wife.

I don't rage over games I'm new to. But once I think I got gud and someone btfos me or get cheesy kills I get mad

Why are athletes usually animals with no self control? At every level I've noticed this. Fuckin slow pitch coed softball leagues with 20-60 year olds crying and hating eachother.

>you are low testosterone if you feel nothing when you lose
But the first person you replied to said that they drink water to calm down the feelings of anger.

Attached: 1514556521443.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Anally rape them in the next match

Going their home and beating them up if they outplay me, works everytime

I don't play

I never lose.

Attached: 1569256117148.png (888x894, 520K)

I never get angry. And I've never understood people who throw their controller into a wall or smash their keyboard to bits. It's a game, not a hostage situation calm down you fucking spergs.

>over a video game

youtube.com/watch?v=2F0LT6pIzTg

>Start talking shit to a guy on a friendly podcast
>Ask him to fight you
>Immediately back down saying you'll be shunned if you lose
>End up getting forced into it to save what little face you have
>Lost like a bitch anyway and start screaming while still live

Literally the most embarassing thing I've ever seen

people want to see him rage
fps games make him rage
he gets more views the more he rages
more views = more money

Based.

Where are the webms of this guy? I have no idea who he is but I wanna see him ape out

i just turn it inwards and get sad lmao

>all these zoomers who don't know wing

Attached: download.jpg (224x224, 5K)

You can see his soul literally dying at the end of the DTRH episode, he knows people are only there to look at him like a monkey in the zoo.

Honestly amazed he hasn't killed himself, not even in a mean way

For me, it's Liquid Richard
youtube.com/watch?v=99cT68OR-SM

Chad weekend player
>plays for fun
>likes to goof around
>helps teammates
>doesnt use voip
Virgin tryhard
>mandatory [WEPWN]ULTRAxXxKilla nametag
>rages over voip
>is 14 years old
>cares only about his k:d

I just start pissing, shitting, and of course cooming in my pants.

Never played Rainbow Six.
What's the deal with being diamond?

I quit playing the game, lay down and feel suicidal.
For me, it's not about losing. I don't mind losing in itself. But sometimes it dawns on me that I just don't have the potential needed. There's a huge discrepancy in the time investment compared to the learned skills, I literally have thousands of hours on a select few games but still often end up with a sub-par or par performance. It hurts knowing that I'm at my limit and that my very best is still so vastly inferior to some people that aren't even trying.

maybe you are better at something else?

The most I'll do is passive-aggressively yell at the game, or smack my leg or flip off the screen. I would never go full caveman and smash a controller.

If I am then I have no idea what it would be, I've never been good at anything.

maybe you aren't on various stimulants all day like many people in 2019
maybe you don't have the perfect equipment because you don't care to that degree

calling it quits for the day

I know that feel. Even after two decades of playing, my stupid dumb fuck ass can't do a fucking FRC consistently. Meanwhile, my friend with 80 hours played can assrape me with pressure strings and combos I didn't even know were possible. I both love and hate Guilty Gear.

Attached: 20190920191901_1.png (364x186, 91K)

Just playing a game will not improve. You need to play in a manner that is geared towards improvement. I see people to lament their poor school and have thousands of hours, but they never think while playing the game or think critically about how they played the game afterward. It doesn't matter how many hours you have if those hours were not geared towards actual skill building.

If you want to really improve then play to improve. Look up how professionals do it and work through the same routines and methods.

cope cucks

It doesn't work like that for everyone. When I do as you say, the concentration and pressure is too much for me. I get overstimulated and my brain just kinds of halts or goes on autopilot because it can't process that much for that long. I'm just a retard that lost the genetic lottery, don't sugarcoat it or pretend that practice can make anyone perfect.

stop posting here you fucking retarded underage faggot

Dodge stinky matches.
Not play shitty games that are designed to be frustrating shit.

Attached: thinkink.jpg (637x358, 103K)

i do all kinds of stupid and gay shit, you can't get mad if you dress up as a girl and blow them kisses. i dont like doing it but it works

>losing

Attached: indexub.jpg (412x371, 19K)

Practice can't bring everyone up to a professional level, but that over stimulation & shut off is also a response you can train.

haha yeah cant get mad if you blow your opponent after they win you know

Just do something else for a few minutes. That's it. If you're not sitting in the chair stewing in your anger, it'll be gone quickly

Also if you can't think critically while you play then review your play afterward and do practice against bots to improve specific skills. I have a friend who has thousands and thousands of hours in street fighter. A majority of that time is not against people, it is repeating combos and techniques until they are second nature.

Actually based.

Perspective. Pull back a bit, take a second to clear your head. It's difficult but it remains effective forever. The harder you focus on the thing that went wrong the angrier you get.

You just let it go.

By realizing that it's just a damn game.

streamable.com/udc9d

I call people stupid fucking faggot niggers in chat repeatedly then I get banned by jew devs it’s not fucking fair

I don't care it's just a game lol. if I'm having a horrible streak I just leave like a dignified human being

I just got caught up on who this guy is, what a wild ride. Down the rabbit hole video on youtube was great.

i dont get this shit, whenever i see this kinda stuff or small cuts/needles I feel disgusted, but looking at gore/torture/animal abuse i dont feel a thing.

Attached: 1506236019079.jpg (226x150, 13K)

WHOOSH!!

what if its a new born babby? you just lost to a new born babby

Sorry I meant chug beer and beat up my wife

Just appear offline.

i punch my fists together and it hurts

yeah it's not a bad series.

Losing your temper is what individuals high in estrogen do

I bite my left index finger, either that or I take a deep breath.

I take smug satisfaction in the fact that when I frag somebody in an FPS, somebody, someone out there is doing this and hurting themselves because I killed them in a video game.

>he doesn't get drunk with his pals and have lan parties with his friends.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (540x332, 15K)

>drinking alcohol
Yikes....

Why didn't he just appear offline?

By thinking about all the more important things I've lost at instead.

Attached: 1440195227164.jpg (2592x1944, 1.48M)

Start playing like a retard. RDR for example. >stop trying and just run at them with only a knife out
>hide behind cover, even though they are winning they still get mad and come for you, wait until they get close then shotgun their ass
>lasso them and run away, hide somewhere and wait to lasso them again
Losing can be fun if you just start dicking around and watch the winning guys get mad at you

IT DOESN'T SFUCKINGS STOP IT

the heck is this

stunt double casting for walter white?

this better not be what I think it is
I like the actual walter in the back of the second left table

>LOOK, LISTEN!
navi.jpg

How the fuck do you die in RDR the enemies are braindead

I'm too old to take this competitve shit seriously, either go casual or get drunk.

front & center looks like he could be one of gus's dealers

middle right in the leather jacket looks like Hank

I never fucking lose, kiddo. hit me on on xbox and find out. 1v1 blops. kiddo you don't have a chance - mOdUlArDiEt

>where's walter

>Losing can be fun if you just start dicking around
truly the worst kind of cope
the "winning guys" will just think you're a retard and point and laugh at you as you lose the game

Attached: 1567947295045.jpg (568x747, 134K)

I have unironically never played a single multiplayer match in any competitive game in my entire life

Attached: 1558962140962.jpg (448x448, 14K)

Im going to assume you dont know realize im talking about PVP

I'm not an infant.

Wingo's national anthem for diet pepsi and finger sniffing
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlIQic8-NQs

Attached: 1568776493743m.jpg (1024x600, 38K)

>The worst kind of cope
Yeah because it gets on your nerves

Attached: 1426461869266.jpg (3282x1598, 1.16M)

Punch the fucking the drywall while screeching

Attached: 1534800725728.png (847x720, 417K)

Be a normal functioning human

>Games are for sperging
>4chins is for sperging
Maybe you're just a sperg.

HES GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
TO WATCH HIS WIFE GET FUCKED IN THE ASS

"Just stop getting angry!"
That easy, huh.

yeah

Fuck competitive games. Last thing I want to do after a busy day is waiting in line to be angry. That's why I don't go to Walmart either.

Attached: yang_anime_waifu_laptop.png (400x400, 301K)

Only in your mind. In reality, you're only widening the already massive gap.

I learned self-control when I was a child like every other non-autist.

How can you expect to control your character if you can't even control yourself?

Attached: 1568888872824.jpg (319x326, 19K)

Someone convince this joyless fat fuck to play neptunia or something so he can at least look at cute girls for a change or something

I press my home button, close the game, and then block the person who beat me. if they are in my chat, I ban them there as well.

>Reflect upon my defeat
>Gain understanding of my mistakes by introspection
>Understand that every mistake I make is part of the pathway to becoming a better player
>Tell the other player "gg wp"
>Doxx and kill him