Things you can't unsee

This mag tap animation when you reload a gun? It's unrealistic but it's in every single FPS game because it looks cool and stylish.

Attached: bandicam 2019-09-23 22-30-40-308.webm (848x476, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OMj1Y2sMZ_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>OP thinks magazines just click into place when theyre fully loaded

Some guns need it, some don't. Vidya still abuses that.

Sounds about right for trying to seat a full magazine on a closed bolt. I have to slap the shit out of my PPS-43 mags.

>PPS-43
I think all WW2 era guns suffered from problems with mags (they did not fit), that's why everyone used stripper clips back then.

The real travesty is the ejection port is on the left side of the gun, spitting burning hot brass at your face.

sometimes they bother to animate the magazine starting to slide out so it makes sense

>far cry 2
what a shame this game was. So much promise with the gunplay, ruined by linear maps, respawning guard posts, gamebreaking glitches, and nonexistent stealth mechanics. This series became an arcade'y mess after this

Open bolt SMGs would not have this problem, but the closed bolt bastardization of the original for the civilian market, the PPS-43C does have this problem. It has nothing to do with magazines not fitting, but in this case, 35 rounds impacting a large hunk of metal that was not supposed to be there.

>arcade'y
Why are you such a fucking retard?

Why take the risk if it's life or death, slap it in just to be sure. It's not like it'll break the gun unless you're a gorilla.

They actually stopped doing that.
It was to show off TECHNOLOGY as far as i know.

>shitty rusty piece of shit needs to be beaten for it to work

most video games still don't bother with proper magazine mechanics and the ones that do are either niche as fuck like SOCOM and ARMA
most video games have you reloading infinite magazines from your stack of bullets, throwing the old magazine down like its worthless
some video games have it set so you lose the remaining ammo in your current magazine when you reload, which is a start
very few actually have you using a magazine system where you can reload from a limited number of magazines after which you are out
and next to none bother to allow you to reload and simply cycle through magazines, so if you reload at 10/30 later on when you reload you might load that 10/30 mag back into your weapon
and its pretty shitty, but realism isn't fun, right?

what are you even on about? my spelling of a word that doesn't exist? Should I have said "arcady" even though that means something else? "Arcadey?" "Arcadie?" "Arcade-esque?" "Arcade-like?" It doesn't fucking matter, you know what I meant. People finding the most dumbass shit to grandstand about on this website.

why has no one else made a realistic african FPS game? its one of the perfect settings for an FPS

desu I loved how in SWAT reloading always put you at the next fullest mag you have

i loved in jagged alliance if you had an undisciplined character they'd forget how much ammo was left in their mag and it would change to ???
was less likely with small capacity weapons but even pros would find this happening when firing drum or belt feds in full auto etc

realism can make for much better gameplay, implementing a physical reloading system in my game so the player actually grabs the mags/clips from his pouches on his body and constantly swaps through them untill empty, too much games give you way too much ammo.
also thinking of adding a system where you can find or equip different capacity mags together so you could carry a drum mag and a bunch of stick mags

these
op dumb

What the fuck is the apostrophe doing there?
Do you write dice'y too? Why the hell are you getting defensive over this? You're wrong, plain and simple. There's nothing to discuss. You are wrong. And you're fucking anonymous. You're on the goddamn internet, so why the hell are you getting your panties in a bunch over it, making passive-aggressive defensive shitposts in response?

Of fucking course you'll get corrected when you're wrong. If you don't want to be corrected, don't be wrong. Don't use words you don't even fucking know how to spell and kicking up a fuss about being corrected. It's your fault for being retarded. No stupid, no correction.

I'm a game dev and /k/ autists like you make me avoid putting guns in my games. I'll probably make some sort of mistake and get slandered online, more effort than it's worth.

Far Cry 2 is /k/ringe anyway

its not that hard to get guns right

youtu.be/OMj1Y2sMZ_Q
reminds me of this

Attached: Brainstorms.png (784x477, 307K)

We care deeply.

>unrealistic
I'd rather take half a second to slap my mag's ass and make sure its 100% seated than not.

it is when you live in Europe and have never even seen a gun irl

>you're wrong
There's literally no proper way to say that. There's nothing to correct. Otherwise you would have posted the right thing, but you didn't. There is "arcadey" is not a word, there is no word for that. It's fucking made-up, it does not matter at all how I spelled a made-up word you fucking autistic troglodyte? It's a common fucking grammatical pattern to add an apostrophe in a word before adding a "y" if you're just making up a word.
I suppose I'm not surprised, when you post on this website you get the most pathetic scum to ever walk the earth desperately trying to feel good about themselves by putting other people down so of course you'd take any opportunity to be a piece of shit to inflate your worthless degenerate NEET ego. Get a job or kill yourself, nobody should have to deal with a cuck like you

You are heard.

>cycle through magazines
Ghost Recon.
I don't like that system because I can't tell when the half full magazines are next in line.

Attached: 20180604013248_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

>look up how the game works on youtube
WOW DUDE

Red Orchestra/Rising Storm is pretty good for being consistent and mostly realistic when it comes to it's weapon reloads.

You always slam on the mag to make sure it's seated properly you retarded nogunz

you are looking for "Scam from Tarkov"

>being a yuropoor

I'm actually worried about the amount of people correcting OP, as if they know more about guns.
You shouldn't know this much about weapons of mass destruction.

Open bolt guns would still have the same issue unless you lock the bolt back before reloading.

Farcry had an african game, which was incredibly underrated.

nobody is looking for that slavshit

are you really that stupid?
ok whatever

mind you don't get hit by a truck on your way to the mosque, europoor.

If you don't stop and kill everyone in every guard post, their respawning isn't an issue. Treat them like an obstacle, which is what I did when the first one respawned, because I don't have

Few games do mag management because it's fucking annoying.

Farcry 2 sucks ass, its literally going from point A to point B wiping out checkpoints and respawning enemies.
I want some Kony african warlord tier shit

Attached: 1561031311347.png (496x606, 272K)

if you hate slavshit like everyone else then DONT bring that shit up, even to make some shitty le ironic funny joke, that post was awful and you should apologise for shilling slavshit IRONICALLY

>I want some Kony african warlord tier shit
I expected something like this from MGSV trailers.

keep your cool you didn't even look through my intention.
but keep CAPITALIZING words to make you look more like a mad facebook boomer kek

Fry Cry 2 is just that

>jeep brand jeep races out of the checkpoint you blew past and proceeds to chase you for miles
>calls all its friends along the way

What don't you like about people knowing and owning guns?

Daily reminder that the only worthwhile FPS right now is Escape from Tarkov

fuck of le irony fag
>>>/reddit/

>shoot bird with pistol in the middle of nowhere
>sounds of angry african men intensifies

It's my favorite shooter alongside STALKER SoC and I'm pretty sure it's the last SP FPS that didn't treat the player like a complete idiot, and told them to do whatever the fuck they like.

The buddy system is still one of the most innovative and intuitive designs to prevent a game over screen after a screwup, and functioned doubly as an emotional attachment to that character before he/she died and all the later FC project leads are objectively retarded moronic fucks for not making it a god damned staple of the series but climbing shitty cellphone towers = good

no it isnt, its far from realistic and the gameplay is fundamentally broken
>shoot some nigger in the face with a silenced weapon
>everyone in the camp looks right at you and runs right for you but somehow dont know you are there untill they actually spot you
>despite being in the darkness and covered in bushes they still spot you
>enemies can shoot at you for days with their rust sticks but if you pick them up they jam every second and explode in your hand after 2 mags
>camps are small as fuck and are populated mostly by whites
>for some reason you cant shoot through sheet metal or other basic building materials
i guess i gotta make my own african game

Attached: rhodesia.jpg (720x465, 66K)

How would that even happen unless you alerted them?

>too much games give you way too much ammo.
From a gameplay perspective perhaps, but this part is actually 'realistic'. The average moron in contemporary warfare wastes thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. Wasn't the Iraq war something like 3000 ammo per enemy killed? And before muttposting, Russians did approximately the same in Chechnya. It's just expected of soldiers now.

I can tell you haven't played FC2 before.

youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8

*shoots you in the heart from 2 miles away with a single burst of his rusty AK*
NUTHIN PERSONNEL, CRACKA

-The dart gun needed head shots only for it to work stealthily - body shots, while being OHK, alerted the base because they scream in agony first.
-The enemy were pretty balanced in race.
-There were larger camps as well, and they were hard as fuck to do stealthily
-They often lose sight of you, but they are on edge once you're discovered and will shoot at anything that moves. The reason I prefered playing hard mode rather than infamous is because the AI behaved more human-like (shooting in directions where you aren't, in a panic)

>crowbcuck video
what is this supposed to prove? I've played FC2 and it was a boring slog

just refuting most of your statements
i stopped caring about the far cry franchise after instincts / evolution anyway

but you arent refuting anything

>yeah the game's a grindy mess of running through guard posts ad nauseam but at least the fire mechanics are cool!
based retard

>dice'y

both of the games are exactly that
i'd rather play one that the devs gave a shit about and polished though, instead of the one made by a rent-a-dev team rushing shit out as fast as possible
>groups of blacks and whites
>can in fact shoot through sheet metal
>stealth works
>brush works as cover / foilage to hide behind
>camps don't exist, roadblocks and hideouts do
etc etc, try not skimming the video next time

That's more because of modern tactics than bad aim. Most of that is from suppressing fire. You rattle off hundreds of rounds at the enemy, not necessarily trying to actually hit them, but just keep them from moving or shooting at you. Then either have someone else flank them, or more likely, just call in an airstrike/artillery.