DS Lite

So we can all agree that the DS Lite was when handhelds peaked, right? It's literally perfect.

Attached: 1556160082924.png (2400x1800, 1.6M)

mmm

probably

Yes

Yes

I don't how small the start and select buttons are

Why the fuck did the dsi remove the gba port? Not like anyone actually used that gay camera for anything.

Remember how 3310 memes were actually about Nintendo handhelds?

Well DS Lite made that obsolete.

>Tfw the upper screen of mine is fucked

Attached: tumblr_ojidwdtvgn1vlb6q0o2_r1_500.gif (500x281, 1.15M)

Yes. DS + GBA slot was kino. DSi and everything after has been a complete wash.

The best handheld system now is a hacked Switch since it can run pretty much everything.

2DS xl is better

>Dumb gimmick shit for toddlers
Lolno

At least you didn't lose your first one in it's entirety

Can it do dual screens properly though? Even if the Switch also has a touch screen, some games are best played with the stylus.

Just make a GBA Macro out of it, user. It can be saved.

Attached: 1udoxcijcee01.jpg (4640x2610, 733K)

My bottom screen started to display very bright yellow instead of white
When it finally dies, I'll buy another DS Lite, I love this shit so much

Original DS was comfier in my hands.

>not the 3ds
inhale zyklon

nope

nope

nope

the buttons are awful, they only fixed it on the DSi

DS > GBA > 3DS = GB

What the fuck went wrong with the 3DS? Did I just get too old or something?

My A button is mashed in.

Replace it

Yes

New 3DS XL. Plays both DS and 3DS games, bigger screen, and bigger console to fit your hands.

Attached: new3dsxl.jpg (1280x640, 78K)

The worst part of replacing parts on these is the stupid ribbon cable that you have to curl up, followed by routing the antenna cable back under the DS cart slot, fuck that part.

bigger screen but an awful TN crap that makes the DS lite screen look like OLED

I do miss that era of gaming so much. Even if it was 2007 and that was the start of when everything turned to shit (iphone release, big bang theory premiered, etc.) Having a DS really was the peak. I loved the heyday of flashcarts and having every game easily available at your fingertips. I miss the Yea Forums events where someone would make custom pokemon and release them like gamestop event pokemon, I miss the pictochat in the Yea Forums panels at otakon. I miss editing actual save files (pic related - made a custom c-gear for my Pokemon Black 2)

I think part of the problem is that even back then, I (and Yea Forums) were too consumed by how bad things were (the birth of DLC, Nintendo for abandoning its core fans for the filthy casuals that would all eventually leave them anyway for cellphone gaming because they're casual shitheads, Xbox 360 Cawwadooty fad that overshadowed everything else, mountain doritos advertisements) that I didn't really stop to think that those things weren't so bad. If I only would have known how much shittier things would get, I would have just appreciated what was going on currently instead of hating on it. Or at least hold on to it before the future arrived.

Attached: cgear_yari.jpg (607x1000, 325K)

Only if it's hacked, then it can play GBA games as well.

How so?

phat ds is better
>built like a tank
>GBA carts don't stick out
>better dpad
>better start select and power placement

just remove the top screen part from the bottom very carefully

also go into settings then gba games then pick bottom screen

not the original user but I did this when my little brother stepped on my og thicc ds

my L and R buttons are really tough to press but i'm too lazy to fix it

DS Lite was the last good nintendo console.

YES

I'm starting to play some of the DS games on emulator and feel the same way. I was hardcore PC gamer back then, and PSP was the only handheld everyone was talking about but fuck DS had a lot of good games. Most underrated console ever

What? The GBA library shits all over the DS.

>what is Slot 2

No. PSP 3000 and Go were peak. DS didn't have many good games.

Irrelevant
The only shit that matters is the library itself. The 3DS is the superior device since it plays literally everything, but its own library is absolute fucking garbage compared to the DS.

And then there's this faggot

Yes, it is quite literally the best game system ever made and even like 15 years later I'm still discovering random niche DS games that are incredible. The only problem the Lite really has is GBA games sticking out but that isn't too bad and it's better than just cutting it entirely like the DSi/XL.

True handheld master race still own both.

Attached: 1566573028361.jpg (409x376, 26K)

>muh GIANT SCREEN to play pokemon and mario
Fucking retard, but at least you can post in Yea Forums with one

>but the GBA games!
>just put them in Slot 2
>irrelevant
Jesus what a retard.

Fuck off with your shitty weak port machine, ds games were at least original, psp was just poor man's ps2

Attached: MV5BZTlhNDQzMzgtOTczZC00ODBmLWIzYjktMjE3NGExOGIxNDcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYxMzg0ODg@._V1_.jpg (750x1000, 80K)

Yeah I owned both. Just found DS didnt have too many great titles. It had some really good ones, just not too many.

>post in Yea Forums with one
Now i wanna know if someone actually homebrewed a Yea Forums app into 3ds

Pretty much.

It was a piece of tech I wanted to own and I didn't give a fuck about nintendo. Was mesmerized by the whole Brain Age thing. Now it's collecting dust with an R4 inside, but I will never sell it nor throw it away.

Good luck finding a flashcart these days

ds online play was the shit. hacked mk maps were great, i loved editing animal crossing towns with save editors then inviting Yea Forums to fuck around

aliexpress done

Lol

they still sell those here in Easter Europe

I remember playing mario party ds on that thing

you can order r4dsi gold anywhere.

what about Christmas Europe?

don't those crap out after a year or so?

>GBA flashcards are more expensive than chinese emulation consoles
what the hell happened

not yet, still really buggy. Just try to play some kino advance wars yesterday and it was crashing all over the place

>implying the psp had a better library
Hoho

DS and PSP were a really god tier combo. Even though I preferred the Vita to the PSP, I think the DS had the stronger library in comparison to the 3DS. It felt like devs were willing to experiment more on the DS.

not all ds were TN, some panel ips other tn, out of our five 3ds here 3 have thebnice panel the two others have a shit TN panel.

the concept was so good, people accused nintendo of being gimmicky that gen but dual screens+the stylus were incredibly practical and it was very easy for most games to benefit a ton from them. so weird that games like pokemon have to go back to being on one screen. nintendo dropped the ball so hard with the 3ds, ugly as fuck system and literally nobody cared about 3d.

Hacked 3ds and vita is psp/ds but better and newer

Aren't the speakers missing? I thought they were on the top part.

I still play on all four

Attached: 1549982747841.jpg (1042x1042, 138K)

Based

mine is running fine for 3+ years now.

had mine for like 7 years, 6 years it was fine, but now I have to eject and push it back in to work sometimes (happens like 10% of the time but still)
It's not like it's some complex device

>If I only would have known how much shittier things would get, I would have just appreciated what was going on currently instead of hating on it

Attached: 1557511452054.jpg (666x636, 99K)

the timebomb is not a literal bomb that fucks your device, it just stops running the os after a certain date, how do you fix it? easy, change the date back or use a different kernel (aka the flascart os) I personally use ysmenu

dsi would have been better if it wasn't for the interlaced screen
that shit was solid, and the noise when you closed the clamshell was premium

not for my large black hands. I prefer to emulate and use a controller.

what was this shit next to jack even for

Attached: 1569266744902.png (583x421, 151K)

>implying

Attached: PSP Collection for PS1.png (1380x1240, 2.44M)

A headset with a microphone.

A handstrap

Microphone jack.

I know because my mic was broken and I had to stick a wire to that socket to create static electricity so I could fool some(most) games.

>play GTA Chinatown Wars
>taxi drives by
>whistle in the DS' direction
>it stops
I loved these little gimmicks in games

Attached: 1541219205652.jpg (842x792, 81K)

Size.

Go was trash, normal psp was god tier tho

Nope, The fat one was better. Could take a beating and also didn't have a really mushy D-pad. DS Lite had better saturation but they were both good

Chinatown Wars was great
>fill yourself head to toe with drugs you bought in for cheap
>sell it to people that bought them for high prices
even if they where snitches shit was worth it i ended up having enough cash to buy every single house and still had enough to spare

Attached: 1534823846233.jpg (750x568, 42K)

>ywn be 11 years old again playing around with Nintendo DS homebrew you found on GBAtemp

Attached: 1510001440689.jpg (600x670, 41K)

>tfw touchscreen is fucked
>too much of a brainlet to fix it myself and replacing it is too expensive
>the device itself works fine
i could be taking care of my nintendogs right now

Attached: 1554578684656.png (1225x935, 1.31M)