In reality how long will this really survive

in reality how long will this really survive

Attached: 659165-world-of-warcraft-classic-logo.jpg (1280x720, 296K)

I give it 1 year until it has very little players, and 2 years until it's dead

If there are enough people to justify new progression servers for years in EQ1-2, lotro, etc I see no reason why this would be different

Is it really going to take a year until battlegrounds are released? Who is even going to stick around until that happens? Why couldn't they just release it with the game on day 1 along with the pvp ranking system?

Attached: 1536317902040.png (640x480, 500K)

things are fine for now but i'm sure the playerbase will dwindle as people start hitting the max level or experience all the content
right now, i'm having a lot of fun with it

As long as it takes for you to have sex

Not long. It's already dying this week. So many big games coming out in the coming months, Classic is pretty much dead.

3 months at the most.

Wait really? Why? No one is going to wait a year for battlegrounds
They should have just come out on launch wtf
Fuck these pvp phases and fuck layering

It won't be any different. For some reason people think WoW needs millions of players to be considered succesful. I don't think those EQ servers have more than 100k players in them.

It would have to take the Old school runescape route and continuously add updates and stuff just not ruin the game like they did it OSRS and find some kinda system to put them through but people are retarded and will mess it up anyway
Probably lot harder to make stuff for this than old school though
But if they don’t add anything it’s good as dead or move on to the next expansion but at what point do they stop that’s the problem with adding the other expansions
Only way it will live is if they add classic feeling content

When those who didnt play it or gave up classic while growing up and constantly hearing "millions of players" all year round till it dropped, there is some expectation to how many people are playing. Its justified

A year unless they go the classic+ route

Longer than retail guaranteed

Themepark mmos are always doomed in the long run because they become bloated and old content is invalidated and eventually has to be dumbed down so newer players can catch up

I mean if autists could keep private servers populated for years then the combined forces of normalfags AND autists should mean Classic will be around for a while. Even if they're going to start merging servers really quickly.
I think the EU pvp ones went from 4 servers to 25+ in two days. They're not keeping all of those up forever.

3 years at most; tbc seems likely as well and that's still going to be better and more hype than retail
hopefully some other company will release better games that can do what wow did best better because activision blizzard is just incompetent at this point - they can't even recreate vanilla 1:1 or show us that they even understand their own game. if classic were a private server no one would play it

Attached: Warcraft (1).gif (540x304, 1.31M)

I'm running a warlock and am back into the game for the first time since it actually first released and am loving the game again, level 28 undead lock. Will probably stop after a month or two when I hit the infamous 45-50 slog.

Gave up at 53 when it first came out and had tons of friends playing, now its just myself and a few nice randoms in a random guild that are pleasant enough.

Barrens chat is nice to see in 2019 too now that Trump is president

Classic is a great flash in the pan thing for Blizzard and autismos will stick around forever.

Classic will slowly dwindle until there is a very small but dedicated fanbase, probably in about 2 years. This of course could be hastened if the next expac for retail is actually good or is going back to a more classic feel. I wouldn't be surprised if at Blizzcon they announce a new expac and retail might receive a huge boost hurting classic.

TLDR; it depends but I don't see it having lasting appeal to the masses for more than a year and half from now.

s-sauce

All I want is for regular progression through classic, then once Naxx is done a server for TBC, and after that one for WotLK.

That's gonna take a couple years, and once I finished ICC I'm done with WoW for good.

I want no classic+ bullshit, no alternate universe crap, nothing, I just want the game how it used to be at those points.

TBC was the worst expansion ever made for WoW, and every expansion afterward is based on that formula. Why would you want that?

I assume he doesn't agree with your opinions

I hit 57 and already lost the will to play