Untitled

Attached: image.png (1440x1080, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPj1AutE7M0
youtube.com/watch?v=iV2gFp5uPvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and he was a good friend

The modern day part of SMT was pretty good except it was short. They haven't made a game with a similar setting either(DS doesn't count snd I don't know about Nine).

they could only do so much for the modern day part before revealing the aftermath

Attached: haibane1.gif (500x451, 675K)

SMT5 is dead, by the way.

Attached: 1567987920898.jpg (990x720, 139K)

Hvve yet to finish the game, but do you ever get him back?

yeah

big words for a niggy

You can, spoilers beware!

You need to defeat Ladon in the bottom of Ueno. Keep the Golden Apple he gives you until you reach the bridge to Tokyo Destinyland, there, Pascal will attack in a berserk state, if you use the apple on him, he will calm down and join. He comes as a cerberus if you didn't fuse him btw.

Attached: Pascal.jpg (1896x2008, 605K)

oh nice

IIRC it's near the end of the game, so don't expect best dog in a while.

ok

Nocturne's modern tokyo is the most disappointing. The music is neat but you're there for literally five minutes

the prologue is the most exciting political thriller

Attached: image.jpg (3176x2157, 2.27M)

Translation:
>Pascal the dog is here.

soul

Translation:
>Try not to feel too bad

why

I want to pet that dog.

>MT and SMT are creepy horror games with a sense of dread and the end of the world hovering over everything.
>Persona is kawaii fun waifu high school dating sim and fun times

Way to bastardize the series Atlus. Persona is a world people want to escape to, while MT/SMT are places you want to run very far from. Like Horror pokemon.

why they do this

Why do you complain though? They are making two different series for different player bases, it's for the best. Would you prefer if they made mainline games more lighthearted?

>why they do this

Persona sold more.

but it's generic and bland and uninteresting. Just high school escapism with some dungeons and some monsters to catch.

MT is a full blown horror series.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPj1AutE7M0

Attached: 1424045378433.webm (400x225, 2.96M)

It's being retooled for idol fans.

The first two Persona games are o

>DS doesn't count
Survivor or summoner?
That said I did enjoy how shit was slowly going to shit in the setting. Murders in parks, parental loss, accepting malware from not-stephen hawking randos getting mauled by pretas in malls, kidnapping and demonic experimentation, foreign invasion, rebel movements, martial law and and the military making Yukio Mishima proud all leading up to the nukes, it's all pretty unique for what's pretty much a short part of the game.

Attached: 1530009244036.png (890x661, 166K)

>MT is a full blown horror series.
i thought people liked horror

Attached: Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei-190914-212327.png (1440x1080, 79K)

The first two persona games are more SMT like, but 3 and 4 made a shit ton of money with the social links and high school stuff.
Honestly man, we're lucky they didn't just stop making non-persona games entirely after 3.

If I were to get into the SMT series, where should I start? Any ideas Yea Forums?

In which way

>"spinoff" does something different with the franchise while the mainline games still exist
What's the actual issue? I see none.
>inb4 smtv's vaporware
I do miss having more spinoffs, what we never got in the 90s (last bible and Majin Tensei) + the burst of shit on the PS2 and DS (P3/4, Raidou, DDS, DeSu, SJ, etc) was a better time though.

Attached: tommy.jpg (537x706, 104K)

The player and supporting characters will be idols.

Good dog and good game.

Attached: wvp5qcjhptjz.png (513x449, 4K)

SMT 3 or 4.
Or Persona 4 if you want to be a normie

soulfu-
>that huge light reflection on the screen
barf

Anyone else think the PS1 soundtrack of SMT 1 is superior? The SNES soundtrack is just so echoey and weak sounding to me.

Attached: 1556931694479.jpg (800x554, 227K)

>normie
Normalfag

SMT IV is the best place to start, I think. Some people will say Nocturne but I honestly believe IV is the better experience for newcomers.

Attached: 1557358280908.jpg (1024x551, 123K)

No, starting with persona 5 makes you a normalfag. Starting with P3 makes you a normalfriend.

Good.

Can I emulate one of the older SMTs in my phone?

Strange journey

Was it a reference? The manga being published by 1998 while SMT1 came out in 1992.

Survivor 1.

Attached: parasyte.jpg (704x1103, 102K)

the manga was*

There used to be a fully translated version for iOS and Android, I don't know if they are still around though.

Im here, ps1 has more soul.

*pets dog*

Ruins SNES> PS1 though

>not GBA version for the maximum suffering
youtube.com/watch?v=iV2gFp5uPvU

>was
>this nigger didn't get his dog back
lmao what a cuck

It's a spin-off, of course it's different. SMT and other spin-offs aren't all doom and gloom anyway and Persona isn't all SoL. You're complaining for the sake of complaining.

soul

>He doesn't enjoy all the facets of SMT and it's spin-offs and instead engages in shitty tribal war cuck shit
Pathetic

SMT seems like a really cool series with tons of concepts that I would love but demon negotiation and the general battle system of the ones I've played has always been the most turgid shit. Really bums me out, there's no franchise I regret not being able to get into more than this one

>the mt1 famicom intro that's just nakajima programming the demon summoning program in the dark
ATMOSPHERE

level up theme is worse

I see a jp one in the google store, but it's not translated. Gonna try to just emulate it anyways, do people usually play a specifc version or is the GBA one fine?

Attached: Shin%20Megami%20Tensei%20(english%20translation%20bug%20fix)-2.png (256x224, 11K)

IV:A has a good negotiation and battle system, especially the battle system. Raidou 2 has the best negotiations of any gamme in my opinion, but the combat is trash.

If I'm new to SMT, how should I go about it?
I've already played and beaten Nocturne.

Attached: 1566040620844.png (328x330, 153K)

do Strange Journey or SMT1 next

Just play whichever ones interest you, they're mostly standalone anyway. Playing the rest of the PS2 MegaTen games would probably be the best place to go from Nocturne, but if something else interests you more just go for that instead.

It's kind of funny when you have horrific parts in several games involving people getting hunted down by demons like poor fucks in a slasher, alien movie or resi game, but then there's the possibility that some guy out there got fucking murdered by a lone jack frost.
Maybe a pixie if it wasn't the first demon that auto joins to demonstrate the negotiation features.

Attached: 1554977251883.png (1693x1955, 1.15M)

Got it.

Attached: pascal the dog is here.jpg (1125x1092, 118K)

ehh there are some ps1 renditions that are better than the snes versions but the guys behind the ps1 music uses some midi samples that are just kind of goofy. I get they were probably commonplace back then but they don't necessarily feel like a good match for SMT 1s tone at least

I love the Strange Journey dialogue if you lose an arm wrestling contest to a pixie. I believe it also makes her join the party out of pity.

gba is the ps1 version but with worse music and 2.5D dungeons instead of full 3D

I've been playing Soul Hackers and I've been having trouble making any use of the Zoma race, but I love their designs. It's a shame you can't see a higher quality version of the art ingame because there are a lot of cool designs there and you'd think they would have added in the higher quality stuff for the 3DS release. I don't like how there's no profiles on the Demons either, I always like reading about them. The game is good either way though, I had a hard time getting into it but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Attached: Zouma_Zeed_Common_Type.png (753x1269, 904K)

That's the 3DS one, right?

It's one of the 3DS ones, yeah.

I almost found it really confusing plot wise. Things move along so fast, that it´s hard to really get a grip with what exactly is going on. If they ever do a remake of SMT1, they should really try and extend it somewhat.

>hd cutscene of nuclear devastation as the law theme plays
yes pls

That would be neat. Even after more than two decades, the SMT 1 Law theme is still the best. It's kind of impressive how it sounds more and more menacing and ominous the further you get into the game, despite never actually changing.

>was enjoying SMT Strange Journey til I got to the part where the snake raped my butt
>nothing good for powerleveling nearby
>got bored and dropped the game trying to do the tree of woe shit

Attached: 1537379846481.jpg (567x542, 102K)

I like how mom gets eaten by demons and it resolves in 3 lines and how the neighbor girl gets turned into a not-sex bot casually. What compact storytelling.

dont care, nu-atlus would fuck it up anyways.

Mom getting eaten does have consequences though. Insofar that it's the reason why i'll never pick Chaos.

apoc wasn't that bad

>. I don't like how there's no profiles on the Demons either,
There is, but I think you can only access it through the compendium, user, use stick to swap to entries.
Also All I did was abuse nemechi to fuse up a human type zoma got loyalty moves on it, but movepool was shit outside of phys. Not good at getting the angel one.
Either that or level it up enough so you can get a general or hero demon, who are cool

you're actually pretty based

Attached: ASHI.jpg (1809x1262, 777K)

You should have played the 3ds version.
It has a nocturne kalpalike dungeon

>carries your ass like a boss
he was the best boi

Attached: 1554138979739.jpg (260x273, 61K)

I was playing the 3DS version. I didn't think the tree of woe bullshit was in the original.

Attached: 1564240807660.jpg (720x960, 87K)

Why didn't you do that for a bit.
Goinng through both the womb of grief and the story sectors bombards you with so much EXP and recruitable demons that you can practically breeze through anything.
Snek is a difficulty spikr, but nothing impossible.

>There is, but I think you can only access it through the compendium,
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I did check the compendium and did switch entries and I didn't see any. I haven't touched anything to do with Nemechi because I've never done anything with the Streetpass shit on the 3DS.

wow what a fucking HACK FRAUD ripoff of Repede from Tales

Attached: tempavi_display.jpg (251x252, 65K)

>pascal the dog is here

I think you have to flick right on the stick twice since in the compendium, it's the third option after the movepools on the bottom screen.
I just abuse nemechi for zeed because i'm on citra, play coins can be used instead of streetpass for d souls

Attached: comp.png (400x480, 140K)