It wasn't THAT bad

It wasn't THAT bad

at least it was comfy

Attached: 4562414534966649137.jpg (299x168, 10K)

"comfy" is codeword for "shit game but I pretend to like it for hipster points"

Keep telling yourself that you fucking plebian

No, it was bad. Raiding was great, though. At least until the dumpster fire that was HFC.

>pay subscription to play massively multiplayer online game
>end up sitting alone in your stronghold of npcs
if i wanted to play an sp game, i'd just buy a good single-player game instead of subscribing to one that wasn't even supposed to be single-player in the first place

For what it's worth I liked levelling for the first time when it released, and I also loved the zones in general.

That said, levelling lasted for like a day or two, and then I hit 100 and realized there's absolutely nothing to do.

10/10 pants on head retarded lore but overall still better than shitclysm and kung fu panda.

The only comfy zone was Spires of Arak. Everything else was garbage.
Yes that includes Shadowmoon Valley.

DRAENOR
IS
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 14708210.jpg (800x439, 42K)

It's been years and I still can't believe what they did to Garrosh.

At least we have Sylvannas, no?

I mean what are we if not slaves.

Time travel was final nail to the coffin for the Warcraft's lore

Great leveling, good raids. Everything else was sadly trash.

What do you mean we nigger

WoD was the last chance I gave wow and I dropped that shit like a month in and haven't returned since.

This is next level BFA depression. God I fucking miss Legion

>It wasn't that bad
No user it wasn't just bad it was the worst thing to happen to WoW
>more than half the content promised gutted
>only 2 content patches
>entire zones just completely removed
>instanced garrisons less than half of what they promised
>removed half of the abilities in game
>dumbed down every class into a FCFS brainless shitfest
>pvp a broken mess
>alternate timeline story made by people with no idea how to write about alternate timelines
>shit all over lore
>reduced the game into a tedious grindfest and literally playable on your phone aka missions list
>ashran
WoD was the worst thing to happen to WoW

It was bad but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as BFA is

>Spiky shit and fire everywhere
Not comfy. At least Legion had Dal. BfA Has Boralus, that's turbo comfy by the sea. Only thing comfy about WoD was all of that Draenei hometown.

Attached: yrel-dancing.webm (372x268, 275K)

comfy is for casual losers who cant compete or were never good at the game to begin with

Attached: feet.jpg (680x680, 65K)

it was good for competitive raiders, ie. top 250 guilds or so.

you pretty much had to do nothing outside of raid hours which was fucking fantastic. I quit WoD towards the end, after I got my Legion alpha invite, because I saw the constant upkeep mechanics they were building into the game that I knew I'd fucking hate.

I play Classic now with old friends who cleared Naxx before I started retail.

Attached: 1558929047273.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

yeah... it was real comfy alone in my garrison and in the empty world - a bit too comfy for me

Attached: Warcraft (11).jpg (1400x880, 584K)

It was only good if you were a raider who wanted to do absolutely nothing other than raid and milk free gold from your Garrisons. Even then you only got three raids, and Highmaul wasn't even relevant for more than a couple months because it got replaced by Blackrock Foundry.

It was that bad but BfA is still worse so far

Attached: 1569222818932.gif (220x220, 734K)

>but BfA is still worse so far
No, it isn't. Azerite armor sucks, but literally everything else about it is better than WoD, by a long shot.

Azerite sucks
Classes are even worst then before, which Blizzard were warned would happen if they balanced shit around Artifacts and didn't think what would happen after they removed them
Scaling is absolutely fucking everywhere
The timegating is ridiculous
I can go fucking on, but nothing has shown that BfA didn't rip of the crown of worst shit from WoD. They still have another patch or two of whatever they want to call content to go, but unless they can pull off a miracle, I would rather be playing WoD instead of BfA if I HAD to choose between the two.

The only good part was mythic raiding. Mythic raiding in legion and BFA has been cancer and it's no wonder the scene is slowly dying away due to how annoying it is to play multiple characters.

zones, artstyle and obviously the music were top notch
we wuz kangz shit was alright, seeing old characters up close and highly textured was pretty cool, ashran was comfy as fuck
everything else was absolute dogshit

Attached: 1567112165049.jpg (598x594, 73K)

>played the shit expac but skipped the good one

>At least we have Sylvannas, no?

Attached: 1567113893712.jpg (1061x1061, 52K)

>Legion
>Good

Endgame content was pretty lackluster, but AU draenor was rad as fuck and so was that one raid
It was the last time balance druid was fun in PvE

I wish we'd had a garrison more akin to a player housing system where we get actual customisation instead of it being a phone game, I mostly wound up ignoring it, and still do because they've been recycling the garrison system for 7 years

I can understand that people somehow prefer the dogshit gameplay in BFA which boils down to pressing one of six randomly flashing buttons to the complexity of WoD, which was a step down from MoP and probably still a bit too far into the every class has every utility territory - but the leveling content, keeping alts up to date, absolutely phoned in allied race rep grind horseshit, a story that manages to be even more retarded than time travel, dungeon design, fucking island expeditions and warfronts, the INSISTENCE on forcing Diablo style loot systems into a game where loot is dozens of times rarer... I dont understand how people can prefer these aspects of BFA to their parallels in WoD and WoD was a fucking literal empty shell abortion of an expansion.

The abandoning of WoD for Legion and then the steaming shit pile that is BFA and the ever increasing reliance on utterly moronic loot systems, retooling of classes between expansions to the point where they barely feel like the same character anymore just for the sake of reducing complexity for the developers, spending each expansion jumping through the same fucking mythic dungeon fights for a higher ilvl version of an item you already have and filling a meaningless power meter you throw in the trash at the end of the expansion, it is clear the WoW team is not up to the scope of the work required to run an actual MMORPG and instead rely on overly gamey systems designed to reduce work load on their end.

Legion had more than its share of problems, between completely breaking the gear treadmill with Titanforging and Legendaries to introducing the horrible system that is Artifact Power. People are willing to overlook that though because the raids were really good (except for Tomb of Sargeras which can suck the fattest of dicks) and M+ being a fresh way to keep dungeons relevant before becoming a weekly one-and-done system.

I don't care what people say BFA is a lot worse than WoD. I actually enjoyed WoD for the first several months. The zones were gorgeous, I liked the combat of most classes and at first I thought Garrisons would be a neat addition. Garrisons were a good idea, but implemented totally wrong. Could have been a neat substitution to Player housing if they didn't abandon it.

>I am offended but rather than offer points to the contrary, I am offended

It was exceedingly comfy, I loved the Garrison system, and Yrel's first act was mostly good, up until the Maraad death when everything fell apart and the wheels came off.

Shame nu-Shattrath was never a playable city.

>I loved the Garrison system
Disgusting mobile gamer

yes it was, and its still to me the worst expansion, but only because i haven't played bfa as i know its even worst

Id say Legion & BFA are even worse
At least my class wasnt completely butchered in wod and ashran was sort of fun
there was nothing good about last two expacs

Unironically now that the dust has fully settle you are right. I prefer this over bfa and legion any day.

>legion worse than anything
>wod better than anything
nah

I really dont understand legion dicksucking