How would you make a game based around serial killers

How would you make a game based around serial killers

And don’t just take the easy route and say “make a game where you play as a serial killer”

The killers should be the main threat

Attached: 1CD1870E-CF20-42E9-86DB-5DA46CC0D12F.jpg (1468x2048, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Portopia_Serial_Murder_Case
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Manlytears shows off his Zodiac Killer Halloween costume

make a game where you play as a serial killer

I would make Condemned: Criminal Origins

Zodiac here
Fuck off about my height

I would make a game about a serial ebony inseminator who makes love to ebony women

Attached: 1569219052832.jpg (1081x716, 141K)

it's a walking simulator where you have to play as a woman who leaves work later than everyone else because women work harder and you have to walk all the way through the dark and empty parking garage to get to your car as your shoes click clack on the ground
nothing happens you just get in the car and drive home screen goes black WOMEN ALWAYS FEEL AFRAID MILLIONS OF WOMEN ARE ASSAULTED EVERY YEAR WE NEED TO TEACH MEN NOT TO RAPE NEVER SAFE WITH MALES AROUND

DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THAT IMAGE

Your new neighbor is up to something. One autumn, after your kid comes home from school, you decide to do something.

You can walk around the block. You can spy on him, you can knock on his door and try to befriend him, you can SWAT him, or you can gear up and go full vigilante on him.

The name of the game is toying with him and unraveling the true mystery behind what happens to the people who don't leave. A single playthrough might only be an hour long, but there's tons of endings.

I would make it a game all about catching uncaught killers
Like Stoneman or The Babysitter
Real life killers are more fucked up then any from media

you are a sniffer dog
the game visualises all the smells a dog can sense, even tactical farts made by the serial killer to escape

I'd make some sort of detective game based around the idea. Collect evidence, get people to talk etc. Make it so that while you can finish your investigation early, it might not get you results you want. The ultimate goal would be to catch small number of serial killers, like 3 to 5 loosely linked to each others. All would have different methodology and enviroment, and some would try actively to mess up your investigation by throwing red herrings, trying to put pressure on your superiors to catch someone quickly (and thus setting you some sort of time limit for certain discoveries), making key people disappear etc. Probably base them around real-life serial killers, all over the world.

Sup bitches
Zodiac here
Ask me anything

Attached: 971E09C1-CA4F-403A-9001-C9278437BB95.jpg (1200x800, 197K)

why what happens

LA Noire 2
In the 70's when there where dozens of Killers and YOU are the cop that fictionally catches them all.

Attached: fuck you wendy.gif (180x205, 1.92M)

LA Noir but darker
I like it

Attached: 17C640B0-0417-4965-9BE1-673E2C0FF8CA.gif (340x324, 218K)

>Pass
>Paying Jannies
Ill do it just to fuck with you.

DONT DO IT OH FUCK

how'd you manage a successful political life after all those murders?

Replace the alien with a murdurer, done.
Also drakengard 1

manlytears getting banned from everything makes me so happy

Go away Ted Cruz.

Pretty silly to have the glasses over the hood desu

game like heavy rain only without shit controls

Why

i thought that was minecraft steve from the thumbnail

It’s to cover your eyes so they can’t describe what you look like

Heavy Rain

told you faggot

Why the fuck not?
Fuck cops

might have been him, they never caught the guy

I'd certainly play it. Something like that might even go over big with VR.

Shadowman had serial killers.

What did you seen, user? Share with the class.

Attached: 1502575485755.png (578x435, 316K)

No one google this image, it will make google search bad words

Serial killers don’t have any class like Jack The Ripper did

Attached: 54999F3D-740A-4CA6-ADD3-664B0EAB8204.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

I would just make the portopia serial murder case but everyone really american and cheesy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Portopia_Serial_Murder_Case

I have a good idea. In fact it's so good I'm not going to tell you, faggot.

Um don't joke like that...

Candlejack

Still seems like overkill when you already have a bag over your head

Why?

More like Schlomo the Ripper, it turns out.

>glasses under bag, bag is now even more uncomfortable
>glasses over bag, you look silly but can see
It's form or function

just because he was old timey and popular culture depicts him with a top hat does not make him classy
man hacked prostitutes apart like an animal

Attached: forthepussies.png (1170x1007, 673K)

Attached: 1548019386407.png (247x219, 99K)

Real talk, dude should have got contact lenses. Also I totally should have posted “Tell me about Zodiac! Why does he wear the glasses?” What a missed opportunity

you play as the hooker

Google, what the fuck?

just did. now what.

your name: jhon killer
your job: serial kills

Dead by Daylight I guess.

Attached: 1530554522555.png (628x350, 432K)

>class
>driveby murdered a bunch prostitutes in an alleyway

....oh.

Attached: Ronald_Spiers.jpg (259x194, 8K)

imagine getting your legacy curbed by a skimpy loli

Attached: 1557711497483.jpg (850x1288, 135K)

>tfw google puts you on a watchlist

Attached: 1530373472809.gif (500x455, 496K)

Am I supposed to find her sexy?
She still killed A bunch of hookers and stole there organs

That’s more of a spree killer desu. You don’t even kill them most of the time, just hook them for Spidey.

you are gay.

I had an idea for one a while back after watching Zodiac.

>You play as a detective, it's a turn based game. It starts after the killer kills his third victim and sends in a note
>You can perform "actions", each one takes up "resources" and you can only spend so much in a week (e.g investigating a crime scene takes up 1 resource, getting handwriting on a note analysed takes up 3 resource)
>At the end of each week you get a list of suspects (at the start of the game the list is dozens/hundreds of names long, but as you research more that list shrinks) and can either go after one of them, or do more investigating with some bonus resource
>Killer is randomised each playthrough, from calling cards method of contact to police (one guy might send in letters every week mocking police, another might only leave a playing card inside the victims body)
>You "lose" when the killer has killed too many people, or if you pressure/arrest too many innocent people

I'm sure it has a lot of jokes but it's only a hypothetical anyway.

Is there any historical figure they won’t genderbend? Now I want to see Fate’s version of John Wayne Gacy

I find it scary how’s tried to ignore serial killers now
Like how bad are typhus generations killers if the news has to make sure not to cover it?

Attached: 35EC2E7C-E27A-4DF0-9408-5797367748B3.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I’m picturing a chubby milf who dresses up as a sexy clown
Now I feel sick

Attached: D68360A4-83E9-4B9C-88B8-05B78B293A14.jpg (320x242, 18K)

eh school shootings are just more popular in the media right now
people who care about serial killers and whatnot go engage with all the true crime shit where every prostitute strangler is covered on his own dedicated podcast

Guys stay on topic please! Game ideas! Go!

>Guys stay on topic please!

Attached: 1566890200756.jpg (592x570, 62K)

Actually terrifying

Good joke, but use punctuation next time.

This might be dumb but a RE styled horror game where genius serial killer come back to life and are attacking a city
Plus they all have powers
Ted Bundy can mind control woman
Jeffry Damer turns men into zombies
Ed gein can take anyone skin and wear if making himself look and act just like the person who’s skin he’s wearing

Attached: 360AA1A0-252E-4CB1-A047-1DB783B10BAE.jpg (190x245, 35K)

But playing as the killer sounds way more fun, i want a game about methodically stalking people to learn their routine, infiltrating their homes, terrorizing them and eventually murdering them with your method of choice, all while not being caught.
Basically Hitman but more complex.

Hitman but it encourages killing random NPCs

This yeah.
Include a mechanic that rates how notorious and feared you become in your nation to reward creativity and you're good to go.

Cuz you're not funny.

Sounds more supernatural than RE style

And your a nigga

You now remember Yandere Simulator, and it has subsequently put you off the idea

I'm glad you enjoyed the post, my bad for not editing it.
Stream of consciousness is a legitimate literary device

Idk i still like the idea, i'd just prefer if it was made by someone with triple digit IQ instead.

Old evil reawakens in small town. Murders occur almost every day because said evil enables psychos or nefarious people (but nobody except wackoo native elders know about the townsite history).

Town is heavily inspired by twin peaks - much like in deadly premonition.
FBI agent gets sent there to deal with this shit. He is an absolute sociopath - literally cant empathise with other people at all, but is good at faking emotions, figuring out people and manipulating them, which is the reason why he is a good agent. Speaks into empty tape recorder to collect thoughts and to feed character development to player.

Plays like pathologic with more social aspect - a lot more dialogue choices and character depth - you can manipulate certain characters into liking or hating you, trusting or distrusting etc based on your dialogue choices (game difficulty affects whether or not game shows the stat changes). Ways you interact with important characters choose actions they take on the next day.

You also can collect clues on your mind map. At the beginning your objective is to catch the killer(s), but once you gain knowledge about town and people your goal is to investigate and stop this event.

Town also gets fucked up as time progresses - people get murdered or disappear, stores close and people get progressively more unhinged, depressed or outright insane. Evil entities begin to appear in important places or just around town. You stop being able to go into the woods at night and seem to end up in unfamiliar places. Basically all kinds of mindfucks begin and town slowly dies.

Graphically it looks like Paratopic with an autumn color pallette, but uses high quality pictures of character faces with various filters.

Attached: 1543856745321.jpg (1200x674, 99K)

What about dungeon keeper but it's your basement

>an ancient evil awakens
stopped reading there

Candlejack? Who's tha

There's a game where you play as a female hitchiker and you have to take multiple car rides with strangers while monitoring there behavior so they don't murder you.

Did that come to full form? I thought it was stuck in demo, with only the priest.

>the earlier you make the arrest the less people they kill
I like it

>murdering you
>not raping you
What the fuck is wrong with that game dev

It isn't Rapelay: Passenger Edition, you tit.

Well, we don't want another run a the mill horror game.
And we don't want to play as the victims.

So I'd make essentially gta on the surface, but specialize and expand upon the aspect of the cops vs you vs the people.
The goal would be simply to kill as many people as you can. Fuck story or any kind of mission structure or anything restrictive like any of that.
It would be kind of arcadey at heart, but you can choose to be more stealthy too. There would be tons of interiors, the game wouldn't cover as much ground as a normal gta game in order to really focus on this aspect. Quality over quantity.
The AI would make it so every person is vulnerable to being killed at some point without raising suspicion. People walk through alleyways by themselves, people in the bathroom, etc.
Oh, and the cop AI would pretty much be what rockstar lied and hyped them up to be before gta5 and rdr2 came out.

The end game is getting in to an army base filled with wacky, overpowered sci fi shit, all of which can be used to kill more people, if you can get passed the military personnel, or better yet, kill them.

>the serial killer roguelike was just a video
Feels bad

Procedurally generated city with hundreds of thousands of people living their daily lives. Your role is to read obituaries, visit crime scenes, talk to witnesses, to try to find patterns in the murders. Some are easy to spot, perhaps because they're clearly murders, and messies one, but some are disguised as accidents or natural causes. The longer you go without finding a killer the bolder they get, the furthest they stray from their comfort zone, they might even write you a letter. Once you know someone is killing people in a certain way you can take steps to apprehend him, like by hiding officers at particular spots, or even using them as baits by dressing them just the way the killer likes and sending them in their hunting ground. You can inform the media to raise awareness of the population or feed it fake intel to lower the killer's wariness. Once you apprehend someone you must prove they're the culprit. Several killers can be active at once.

you are the serial killer protagonist
sandbox type of open world game, you can murder and rape shallow random NPCs in secluded areas and have a huge array of methods on how to kill them or torture/rape them, and a huge array of corpse disposal. however, there would also be several unique NPCs with rich backstories that you can get to know, those would be special victims with more depth to them instead of random NPCs.
Problem is, serial killers are incredibly boring when they're not killing. so there's alot of also waiting and hiding between murders. the game should also be a cinematic experience like heavy rain, but the murders should be a fine mix between QTE and free gameplay.
the game would also be obviously a walking simulator with a big world and crime sites.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190813132744.jpg (1920x1080, 674K)

anyone want to help troubleshoot my filters? why was this one hidden
/he.+s in/i
/roster/i
/dust has settled/i
/underrail/i
/tranny/i
/censorship/i
/tenyearold/i
/soulless/i
/nigga/i
/(hacked|switch).+(hacked|switch)/i
/trannies/i
/jannies/i
/post it/i
/i am forgotten/i
/Ultimate/
/keep saying it/i
/say something nice about/i
/2hu/i
/greta/i
/diversity/i
/globalis/i
/brexit/i
/FB/
/janny/i
/what went /i
/epic store/i
/bbw/i
/First three words/i
/epic game/i
/(3|4|5).+(by|x).+(3|4|5)/i
/sweeney/i
/kino/i
/cube world/i
/literally/i
/coom/i
/white devil/i
/drawthread/i
/ylyl/i
/ama/i
/sneed/i
/gamer/i
/celeb(?!rate)/i
/boycott/i
/am i the only one/i
/fgc/i
/twitter.com/i
/jew/i
/data corruption detected/i
/epicchads/i
/wagies/i
/bbc/i
/was.+years ago/i
/based/i
/shouldn.+t share/i
/fb.+ig/i
/vsco/i
/yellow/i;boards:b
/tribute/i;boards:b
/apologize/i
/trib/i;boards:b
/cuck/i
/waifu/i

its "based" i have autism

make a game like Haunting Ground where you're constantly being pursued and you're just a weak dumb girl who can't protect herself.

LA Noire but you’re an FBI profiler, it’s one giant case, and the game is made better. The plot and characters are written well enough that you have to make a difficult choice at the end of the game as to whether or not you apprehend the killer. You can only get one achievement of the two at the end and must live with it forever

so just a horror game?