Wait, some of you unironically use linux? Soooo, how do you even play games???

Wait, some of you unironically use linux? Soooo, how do you even play games???

Attached: LJSA6h759BKJvuaBZyoUY-320-80.jpg (320x179, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/best-aur-helpers/)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>paid Microsoft shill who is trying to make people think that games on GNU don't exist, Wine doesn't exist, emulators on GNU don't exist, and Proton (Steam Play that lets you play a huge number of Windows Steam games) doesn't exist
Can we ban Microsoft-owned IP ranges already? /g/ already suffers bad from this shit and now Yea Forums is too.

Never understood people falling for this meme. I guess it's schizoposters and/or incel brainlets. Windows 10 is unironically the superior platform in every way.

Wine. Although it becomes a bitch to configure once you want to install 64bit exclusive games.

lots of games on android user

Attached: steamgnu.png (1014x914, 454K)

Android is a Linux offshoot but not Linux. Googie doesn't even upstream.

cringe

The original post is the retarded bait, but I guess this is the Linux gaming thread now.

Started this yesterday. There's no Linux version, but it works out of the box with Proton, and performance is okay. ProtonDB rates it Gold which is supposed to mean "runs perfectly after tweaks" but I didn't tweak anything; maybe the people who needed to tweak it were using an older version of Proton. I don't really trust ProtonDB's overall ratings anymore, because they're so often outdated.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-23 15-13-59.png (390x328, 168K)

That's a good game.

>facebook OS
KYS normie.

You have a better chance to play crysis on the iMac than on that garbage.

I like Linux because it's easy to personalize and runs much better than Windows, and is far more stable and secure in general (don't have to worry about viruses unlike Winbabbys) although the shitty driver support and lack of games is the price you pay.

Attached: xfce2.png (1366x768, 845K)

>Soooo, how do you even play games???
Like this.

Attached: steamplay.png (740x585, 54K)

>how do you even play games???
I switch to Windows. You can install multiple Operating Systems on your hard drive.

Proton, but most of the times I just play on Xbox because I like splitscreen and i don't wanna hunch over a desk to play vidya.

Plus its mostly the same games anyways and Unreal Engine and Unity killed modding so really no point in getting a gaming PC when you can just buy an X and play an optimized version of the same game without having to fiddle with settings.

try enabling D9VK I've gotten much better performance with it on DX9 games

Linux is not for play. Use T2 or LFS or get off the pot.

I open up Steam and press play. It just werks

Based on 1 minute of totally unscientific testing, that seems to be harming performance somewhat. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

>although the shitty driver support and lack of games is the price you pay.
this is what's keeping me from switching since i use my pc mainly for gaming
i wish linux would be taken more seriously as a gaming platform but i guess there's just no audience

There are lots of native Linux games now which I get mostly through GOG. Plus there is Wine and emulators.

I have a PS4 and Switch for everything else.

Give a Manjaro OS a try. It's extremely good and fast with Steam pre-installed and it also let's you download tons of games from the command line using the Yay package manager (itsfoss.com/best-aur-helpers/) check out the list of games on the AUR first if you want. For example, you can install Cuphead directly from the command line and play it. Or Xonotic which is a Quake clone. and TONS more, only with the command line. All games on Steam also work on Manjaro.

>lack of games
>just no audience

You're right, the Linux gaming community is small. It's very small. Thus, the amount of effort Valve put into Proton is disproportionately large. The number of games with Linux ports, also, is disproportionately high. You "hurr I'd use Linux if it were better" guys are so used to perpetuating the cycle of "no games because no players" and "no players because no games" that you're failing to see that now is the time to break out of that cycle. Developers have been doing their part by providing more to Linux gamers than one could ever justify based on the number of users alone; you're 1% of the user base but you're getting far more than 1% of the effort from their end. But you're still doing the "durr I just wish games worked on Linux" bullshit. It's your turn to step up, or they're going to give up and it will be your fault.

If you have any desire to switch to Linux then at least dual boot. Nobody said you have to wipe your Windows installation; you can still go back to it, and cringe at how painful it is to use, when you want to play some game that just stubbornly refuses to work on Linux. A shitload of games already do work, though, so complaining about Linux having no games in 2019 is beyond retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23 ProtonDB Gaming reports for Linux using Proton and Steam Play.png (790x790, 112K)