My younger brother is getting a ps4 for his birthday and i was thinking about buying him DOOM (2016)

my younger brother is getting a ps4 for his birthday and i was thinking about buying him DOOM (2016)
any other action games Yea Forums recommends?

Attached: Doom-2016.jpg (1200x681, 282K)

Original Doom. It's 2016% better.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a good 2D hack-and-slash

Read Dead 2
Nioh maybe

bloodborne
you can easily sink 50h is that game

does your brother like action games, or are you just pushing your shit taste on to him?

rocket league gave me a great hours to dollars ratio, fun game

>does your brother like action games, or are you just pushing your shit taste on to him?

he wants to play more action games, he hasn't had many experiences with them, he also leans more into FPS at the moment, since he hasn't played many of them

What do you guys think about the borderlands games, they have flashy action and lots of different gun models as well as a lot of content?

Buy him Nier: Automata

Attached: NieR-Automata[1].jpg (1523x1898, 392K)

It's shit, but that's just my opinion, don't like looter-shooter genre, but if somebody is fan of those types of games then i guess borderlands is out there.

>buying FPS on console
You must hate him.

Witcher 3, is decent, new god of war is decent. Metro exodus is alright.

yeah I hear you and feel the same to a certain degree. But im trying to stay a little neutral and give him space to develop his own tastes and find stuff that he likes.

I was kind of disappointed with doom 2016. Long time fan of the series and I still haven't finished it. Just can't get into it.

Attached: 81Z882NR-ZL._SX425_.jpg (425x253, 17K)

instead of this buy him a ps3 with drakengard 3 and Nier Gestalt make him a man not a femboi

Seconding this. Also Dark Souls games are good.

Your younger brother will just play fortnite

Does the game have big battles with tons of enemies?

Dying light is pretty fun

Don't let him fall to that cesspool op. Out of 2 evils even fucking minecraft is better.

Metal Gear 5

actually I think im kinda sparing him, his computer is so shit playing an FPS 20 frames a second is more torture than an inaccurate control stick in this instance

The last of Us?

he actually thinks fortnite is for fags after he played it for a while. and he plays Minecraft pretty regularly and is really skilled with building shit in it

based brother

too cinematic is my understanding right now, I also think it would lean more thords horror for him

what about infamous second son?

if i may ask how old is he ?

yeah I get that, he doesn't really have that option or want to at this moment sadly

Buy him resident evil remakes, he'll love that shit.

You're a good brother user
I'd suggest Spiderman or GoW, I heard a lot of good things about both of them

this is gonna sound bad, but he is 12, and naturally wants to play more "mature" and violent games with guud graphics and all that jazz. If it was up to me i would give him crash, ratchet or maby the medievil re make, but i understand him to. Wanting to play games all his classmates are playing like cod and assasins creed. i just wanna give him, you know something good.

Get him Mad Max
>Cheap
>Looks very nice
>Brutal
>You can watch Fury Road together for some sibling bonding
>Actually a pretty fun game
>Will get him street cred with kids his age and older people

Attached: Mad Max.jpg (700x394, 52K)

If he is able to play sidescrollers, buy him Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night.

hehe thanks, I played Gow and the series have never really been my thing, but i can see how he might enjoy it. Spider-Man is definitely up there too, but he said he hoped he got infamous second son. Personally i haven't played Spider-Man yet but i get the feel like Spider-Man is the petter game out of those two. i played infamous second son and i enjoyed it for the most part but...

hmmm that doesn't sound too bad, thanks for the tip annon

Bloodborne would be perfect for him to be honest.
>violent as fuck
>bloody as fuck
>scary
>hard
You can't go better than that.

i did recommand bloodborne too but since he's 12 i think we should go easy on the hard part , the game can be frustrating at times and it doesn't help that they don't explain shit

shadow of mordor is pretty gruesome. lots of blood, lots of violence, fairly short with meh graphics but really fun.
also, i haven't played it, but i hear shadow of war (the 2nd one) is more grindy than the first, so in that respect it should be longer if that's a something you care about.

Attached: 1564933808210.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

Wow, didn't know that there is darkwood on ps4, it's a bit too mature for 12 year old though.

There is Bioshock on ps4.

Get him final fantasy 7 8 and 9
trails of cold steel games
persona games
as jrpgs go.

>playing FPS on consoles

Attached: 1519214956269.jpg (645x729, 88K)

Don't you have an epic games thread to shit up?

>getting a ps4
Why?

>Doom 2016
no.

>other action games
Nier Automata