Why do so few games have distinct visual styles nowadays? It's nothing but "realism."

Why do so few games have distinct visual styles nowadays? It's nothing but "realism."

Attached: 1569226085229.png (1512x795, 884K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VY-k_YVkRKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everybody uses Unreal engine so devs always go for the same color palette, etc

What are you talking about. Both don't look like that at all.

>games strive for realism
>none reflect the actual state of the world today

Attached: 1549711930537.jpg (2048x1482, 1.6M)

Why does the finnish game character have american flag on it?

Attached: baby-and-hurg(1).gif (1502x795, 1.93M)

>HAIL TO THE KING (FEMALE) BABY

Good media doesn't need escapism. Some of the best media (TV, Film, Music, etc) tends to have realism along with good writing, something video games struggle with, especially Japan who care more about escapism and avoiding their miserable lives then focusing on quality art.

Wheres Shadman when you need him?

Attached: DOUK.jpg (864x825, 172K)

Plenty of games have a unique art style, just look at Nintendo. Unfortunately, this place shits on any unrealistic art style.

Capeshit garbage films and your stupid mutt live actions don't seem "realistic"

Attached: EEA8WENU8AIpAIZ.jpg (625x960, 102K)

>Good media doesn't need escapism
midwit

Attached: 1563953368314.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

>not fuchur

fpbp

>carrying a scissor

>so few games
>the entirety of nintendo's catalog, indie games, even ubisoft games

Attached: got hard.png (429x482, 462K)

Is there anything that screams virgin more than looking for eye candy in every game you buy

>using the same actress again only making her a neanderthal
what was their master plan?

Attached: cia.jpg (1777x999, 65K)

Because there's a lot of people that believe the more realistic a 3D game looks the better and distinct will be.

what's the point of having a female protag if she's ugly as sin and indistinguishable from a man

Because american gamers are really selfconcious about video games and if the game isn't realistic and violent they wont buy it.

Why do white people hate beauty and heterosexuality anyway?

Here is a medical analysis of some dude that got fucked after plating for 70 hours straight.
youtu.be/VY-k_YVkRKs

still would go unironically for left

Attached: 1563272837951.jpg (300x300, 31K)

Wrong thread...fuck. Ignore my post.

I can't get immersed in a stylized world. It's just too fake. If I could have graphics look exactly like real life, then that would be better than anything that stylized graphics could ever do.

most sci fi movies tend to have messages behind their weirdness, fucking retard

Daily reminder they made her ugly on purpose, and that could be fixed just with a few easily nameable changes.

Attached: img013.png (1603x979, 580K)

>Everyone screams for distinct visuals
>Nintendo tries it
>WTF I WANTED IT TO LOOK BETTER WHY IS IT CARTOONY?!

Attached: 44564867867.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Tactical (safety) scissor, i bet the guy even got a losence and a training course for it

are you a doctor what the fuck is this handwriting

its for removing cloth over wounds

Go outside then. Best graphics you can ever see.
Fully immersive environments too.

Faggot.

I choose the downie over the middle age dude

I would 100 percent play a game with right as the main character. Its just female duke nukem.

There's a difference between distinct visuals and making dublo the video game, but I guess you're not the one learning visual game design in college.

Attached: team_fortress_2_linux_bug-590x334.jpg (590x334, 36K)

Nintendo's infantilizing toon aesthetic is just as cancerous as Naughty Dog's tryhard hollywood realism.

>I guess you're not the one learning visual game design
Enjoy having an sjw's fist up your ass all the time

Look I hate nintendo as much as the next guy but wtf is it supposed to look like? It's literally a game for children like a majority of Nintendo's library.

It should've kept the artstyle from the intro cutscene and promo art of the original game

That artstyle would be tolerable if it wasnt for the blur and awful framerate

The only objective measure of good graphics is how close to real life a game looks. Photorealism is the peak of graphics, so it's only natural that people will strive for it.

quantum break was unironically a better video game

is there anything that screams soiboi more than hating even the slightest notion of female sexuality in creative media

left is a dude with long hair
right is possibly a female

I knew it that Japs are baby fuckers. I can already hear the IT'S AWWWWWWWWWRIGHT from thousands of miles away.

Not trying to be a dick but i'm just saying it's never nintendo's core audience that has a problem with this shit because they are kids. It's the man children that cling to "Muh childhood" and think they're the demographic. You don't see little bobby whining about the "National dex" in the new pokemon.

They are objective parameters that makes the left face becomes the right face. Only by changing those, you can heavily feminize a face. You can try it out on a character creator screen.

>smaller eye to nose ration, and nose bridge
>less protudent cheekbones
>smaller chin to mouth ration
>smoother jaw line
And done, she becomes less of a tranny looking monster.

>Photorealism is the peak of graphics
Except it's not.
A 'photorealistic' game will look like shit 6 months later.

Try making a game that will visually stand the test of time instead of trying to go for the market researched Hollywood crowd.

>hurr I'm a bald retard and dead so what I say is smart

I really fucking wish I had a mod like this.

>
I dont read scribbles
Please traduce

masculine features can still look good on female models, they deliberately made her ugly for some reason, I just don't get it

Attached: 1554026248262.jpg (1700x956, 435K)

You are basically pushing for stagnation, since realistic graphics get better with technology.

I new the m'aricans were faggots,

You're gonna die one day too user, and no one will bother memeing you.

they just did a shit job turning the honestly already not attractive actress to a model

Attached: CHope.png (1268x1173, 734K)

saved

The only masculine feature that can look good is a strong jaw.
And I mean strong, not square.

She looks so cute and funny.

You look like a pedo

Are they just being lazy or is it a limitation of Unreal games

>Enjoy having an sjw's fist up your ass all the time
I never said it was an American college

Says the faggot.
Hot women in media have been a thing since fucking cave painting.
It’s literally ingrained into human advancement and wellbeing

he doesn't do that anymore

color palette has fuckall to do with engine

>since realistic graphics get better with technology.
I don't see evidence of this.

Realism is a part of the marxist/communist offensive.

This
Why the hell are they spending so much time replicating outside?
Nigger i’ve been outside, i’ve driven from coast to coast seeing almost all of Americans important landmarks
It was awesome yes but that’s because it was real.
Putting it into a video game never gives the same satisfaction as actually being there

But he's right.

Compare the original Unreal, to what we have today.

Attached: 1540338616507.png (634x833, 1.52M)

Is that Michael Rosen on the right

Nigger you’re wrong as fuck.
Wind water came out in 2004
That shit can still pass for New.

Attached: AA05772F-5129-4BB9-8502-807A91518436.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

Normalfags.

Attached: 1e9434cdcdb0a6be8922f21f39e27958.jpg (450x450, 40K)

>Videogame Myths: Fact or fiction
Lotta nostalgia.

Fuck that.
We already live in reality
Keep that shit out of my fantasy

NOICE

ESCAPISM IS WRONG ITS NOT HEALTHY

You only feel that way because YOUR life sucks. People with great lives find real life exciting, not boring.

What's truly virgin is buying videogames

Attached: bd8.png (1190x906, 178K)

Worst bait today user, here’s your (you)

Grats

Crysis looks so fucking good in 2019 user.

BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS OF STEEL

Haha yes more oatmeal please.
I love it when my entertainment is more of the same as the menial world without contrasting it besides having dirty chest-high walls and the same dozen guns between games.

Attached: o3e8u4gqiow01.jpg (625x517, 26K)

While not intrinsic to it, realism tends to be the first sign of a soulless game.

Attached: Character_5.jpg (1200x816, 155K)

I'm sorry that your life is so sad that the thought of a video game not being set in an escapist fantasy land is enough to make you this mad.

Why do they always write like that, do they teach them to do that too?

gay

wtf is he talking about? renaissance paintings look a lot better than the paintings made during the medieval period

Attached: painting.jpg (1280x993, 359K)

not him but ewww no she's way too old

devs that don't make realistic looking graphics and characters are just not competent enough to do so
they instead opt for copying the drawing some talentless "artist" faggot drew up in 5 minutes and making it look like an ugly cartoon

ugh these vergens and their heterosexuality

Attached: 1554613080674.jpg (988x1024, 170K)

Most retarded post I've seen this year

I, too, rate my gaming experience on the basis of how much dirt can they simulate on my guns as I play another sweaty antisocial surrogate father character pulling a child through a hamfisted action plot and at least 3 kinds of chest high walls I'll have plenty of time to get to know.

I mean fuck people who actually want their games to look and feel interesting. They're just sad wish fulfillment faggots right? Unlike us real gamers who want to experience the outside world as closely as possible without actually having to go outside.

Jesus Christ man, you're projecting so hard that if you stared at a white wall it would show a silent movie.

Attached: vikas-vartak-shotgun-03.jpg (1596x975, 96K)

how did hide the pickeles without anybody noticing?

Holy kekmann

>this is what artlets actually believe

Attached: 1522295765207.png (1080x478, 344K)

Nah, don't blame UE4. It's an amazing engine. Dragonball Fighter Z, Granblue Fantasy Versus, Kingdom Hearts 3, Ace Combat 7, SFV, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Dragon Quest XI, Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Bloodstained, Octopath Traveler, SMT V, Guilty Gear 2020 etc. etc. are all UE4 games and they all have distinct and unique art styles, varied color palettes and (excluding SFV) gorgeous visuals.

Blame the incompetent and creatively bankrupt westacuck devs.

Attached: 1544895303697.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

This is why America always has an angry guy with a weapon on the cover.
Personally I have more affinity with Japan at least in this regard.

Attached: maxresdefault(36).jpg (1280x720, 138K)

This.

STOP POSTING THE SAME FUCKING THREAD EVERY FUCKING DAY YOU FUCKING RETARDED INCEL WEEB!!!

What the FUCK are you even talking about???
Renaissance paintings looked good because artists were routinely paid to create accurate depictions of real events. You know, because photography didn't exist yet.
The moment photos became available, almost all painters were out of a job almost immediately, so they just either turned to becoming professional freelancers who would draw your company's logo for you, or just jokers like we have today who draw decadent shit.

Why do Americans do this?

Attached: gLFr3.jpg (860x584, 115K)

>>ff
>>Unreal engine

Get a grip jizzbrains

Lol people with exciting lives don't buy videogames man.
Look its either alcohol and prescription drugs like everyone else or videogames. But I need my escapism.

Attached: bart_fatima.png (500x500, 46K)

Oh god please tell me this isn't real.

If you said you were a doctor I'd believe you with your arabic cosplay handwriting

games are based on aspects of reality, so you'll never truly be able to escape anything.

Code Vein and Daemon X Machina as well.
Even Korean games like Project EVE and Blade & Soul with the UE4 update look beautiful and stylistic.

Western graphics artists just can't compete.

Attached: 1551539155512.jpg (1200x1396, 385K)

>carved out of marble
There's something etherial seeing that in person.

holy that's pretty fucking WEIRD

>people unironically think Swift is attractive

Attached: 1568918253684.png (951x1109, 1.13M)

Based Americhads

Attached: 1516203962807.jpg (487x456, 293K)

humans like attractive humans
look up the halo effect, even newborn babies do it

>try to illustrate jawlines those actresses dont actually have
>make the line really thick so nobody notices you fabricated it

Masterful, I wanna rest my fucking face on that.

I'd play a version of Control where the protag is basically female Duke Nukem.

Cope

Attached: 1557869123490.jpg (1080x1440, 204K)

understanding that not every single fictional female character should be an unreasonably attractive bimbo != hating female sexuality

you bitch

look at that warrior chin. She will have strong sons.

What type of person takes the time to draw something like this

Not according to literally everyone.
Then again, looking at the time, you are probably just one of those typical self hating Amerimutts.
Thank god your ilk has it's days numbered.

Attached: 1549530630799.png (498x483, 80K)

>on the right
>somg whore who ruined her skin due to makeup

>on the left
>a literal monkey

Asian girls tend to be the most popular demographic on dating sites like okcupid, roastie. How do you explain that?

Attached: wag.jpg (1659x1200, 466K)

Women with strong defined jaws are hot, simple as.

Attached: 1540246091017.jpg (960x960, 107K)

Merkele muttified Europe faster than kikes and their melting pot did with Muttistan.

Those stats are from okcupid.
And, of course, the Americanoid creature tries to imply that his worthless 3rd world banana republic represents the west.
You are not human, Americans are a parody of humanity, dangerous creature who know nothing but killing, destroying and subverting.

You just have to compare countries where guns are allowed with the US, and you'll realize that Americans are closer to gorillas than humans, in both behaviour and looks.

that picture is fucking hilarious

It's not just that they're strong and defined. They start being ugly when they're long too. When the entire face is like a brick.

Funny, because according to stats, even in the highest possible immigration ratio, by 2050 Europe would still be 85% white, from the 90% it is today.
The USA, in only 30 years, went from 80% to 56%.

America is the source of all anti-white practices, and of abomination trends such as racemixing and worshipping of foreigners.
The destruction of the USA is in the interest of pretty much every person on this planet who isn't American.

Attached: 1554507386586.png (650x925, 627K)

If you like manjaws on women, you should get your test levels checked.

Attached: 1537150242356.jpg (1280x1708, 181K)

Attached: 1562800085883.png (1087x872, 69K)

Oh it's that one obsessed slavshit. You guys aren't even white.

Attached: 1543795583008.jpg (883x904, 91K)

What a coincidence, anti-white thread, Americans pop out everywhere.
Why do you hate whites so much, Jose Manuel Tyrone Wong?
Finally embracing the muttness?

Romanticism isn't realism

Attached: 1566153704404.png (1023x950, 734K)

Me smiling on the left.

>he's in Yea Forums
>in Yea Forums
>biggest concentration of autistic betas on the entire internet on par with Resetera
>accuses other people of having low test

No.
Swift is just a budget version of Avril Lavgine, the real beauty.

Attached: 1542284735284.jpg (1947x3000, 1.11M)

Do Americans really...?

Attached: 1538033873037.png (719x527, 77K)

>Is there anything that screams virgin more than looking for eye candy in every game you buy
Yes, getting mad at eye candy for existing even when you don't buy the game.

t. American millennial.
You are easily recognizeable because the first move of the typical American millennial is giving up.
Your generation has caused so much damage, but don't worry, you'll be punished for it, generation of anti-west traitors.
You'll be considered non-whites when they start being hunted.

Based and leafpilled

realistic is better

Based onionsdrinker.

What's the difference between advocating for immigrants and bailing out without doing anything at all?

this t. swede

Attached: d091facbcfe3f685bc38ce0e7898cc3eb89b5ffb91673493c772ecd7acdace47.jpg (4001x6033, 2.1M)

VIDEO game

>Swede
Aren't you guys the ones who are more into seeing the women you love getting fucked by Africans?

>tfw you'll never get a love letter from a qt, yellow virgin girl on a sunny rooftop after school
Why is life so cruel? I want another shot at it.

Noridcs have always been a bunch of pussified betas.
Hitler managed to make them submit without firing a single bullet.

Calm down Schlomo. The whole thing was your idea.

lack of soul. I wish more indie devs went for the low poly ps1/ps2 look instead of pixel shit

Most of us, yeah.

underrated

Attached: 1564180913032.webm (920x690, 334K)

>be traitor
>act like a traitor
>no dude, you see, I was brainwashed
If there's any country beyond the US who deserves to get nuked that's your country of cuckolds.

Why do Balticniggers still have a chip on their shoulder?

Life isn't cruel, you are just a beta.
You don't just want that, you want that girl to be delivered to your door for nothing at all.
Betas do not deserve to pass on their genes, in fact, in the past you were always drafted so war could remove you.

What?
I'm from Switzerland, here we don't trust other countries.

Bliss does not have a manjaw at all

because you idiots don't look outside of what you see advertised

Attached: sad cat gibby hylics.png (107x116, 13K)

damn japan is truly based

Holy shit an actual mountain Schlomo.

Nice rat bro

Attached: 1547761831835.webm (600x360, 1.68M)

ok retard

Attached: ww.png (1110x900, 1.02M)

Hi NRShill

Hey, there's no better trick to keep the scum out than making everything so expensive that only worthwhile people can afford to live here.
Too bad we border with trash like that.

what is a man jaw then you retards

hi no argument man

Dilate NRShill

The reason why all UE4 games look the same is because most devs are too lazy to sharpen TAA properly and use Lookup Tables. This results in most UE4 games to have this typical vaseline aspect and candy green foliage.

Attached: 1470706624218.jpg (1024x768, 66K)

They're just trauma shears you fag, now let people have jokes without being a turd about it.

It's not just UE4 games.
I played that new COD's beta and everything looked blurry and as if it was smeared in vaseline too, and I remember Fallout 4 having the same problem.

Based SDchad

God i wish i had her chin

so you retards have no real argument do you

Attached: you.webm (1280x550, 1015K)

>is there anything that screams virgin more than looking for eye candy in every movie romance movie you pay to see
Wait a second, that is an incredibly moronic thing to say, guess what that makes you?
You really are that unaware and clueless aren't you?

Attached: rachel-mcadams-channing-tatum-the-vow-movie-image-8-600x400.jpg (600x400, 57K)

She looks like a minecraft block

What is wrong with the image I posted? Bear in mind, I just entered whatever thread argument you've been in.

>t. Yes, I am a homosexual, how did you know?

trauma based mind control. starts with the satanic rituals they do to babies, especially male.

The entire birthing process in western hospitals is a big trauma based attack on the soul. Designed that way on purpose.

It's because of temporal AA. Pure cancer. I'd rather have a few jaggies but a sharper picture.

Attached: eman.png (583x573, 588K)

>beta loser
I'd bet a lot of money that I have 30-40 more iq points than you do.
>don't get to pass on your genes
I have a gf that I could breed if I want to. The issue is that she's not good enough.

Nothing wrong with being a fag.

Attached: 1564114820872.jpg (879x1600, 202K)

It's an NRShill. He's a Mexican with broken English who calls people retards non stop. He is literally brain damaged and will reply to you with (You) pics every single time you shit on some Yea Forums related travesty.

>t. toasty roastie

What is NR?

in a hurry. simple as that.

>I'd bet a lot of money that I have 30-40 more iq points than you do.
If you did you wouldn't be here discussing videogames.

>I have a gf that I could breed if I want to. The issue is that she's not good enough.
The fact that you are still with a girlfriend that you don't want proves that you might be the one with 30-40 less IQ points.

you're trying to refute an argument by arguing things he never said moron

NetherRealm Studios.

What did he say then, if not that looking for attractive leads is the sign of a virgin?

I see where you're going, gas chamber for all women that are prettier than you, right?

LIteral cope. Keep supporting your waifushit, virgin. Who am I to stop you from being a Cumbrian faggot.

Dilate

AND I SAY

>omg this comment is so underrated
>posts le epic funny dancing naked man
the absolute state

Attached: 1562750532015.jpg (480x640, 12K)

That not all games or videogame genres need to rely on sex appeal to be enjoyable, simple as that.

There's some truth to this. But it's less about realism and more about lowering the standards of averages and the hatred towards striving for idealism.

Is there anything more incel than wanting characters to be ugly?

What has happened to me? I used to like white women. I've had white girlfriends. But now I only have eyes for yellow girls. They're so refined and feminine. I like their tight bodies and smooth, flawless skin. I like that they never curse. White roasties seem like cavemen in comparison.

Attached: skt5kll,.jpg (1080x1080, 229K)

There’s a lot of games that don’t do realism, people just forget about them.

still nothing real to say how assblasted are you

Attached: jsdhvujsdfhvkhnujsdfhvg.gif (400x400, 2.49M)

this, desu

her is a retard from /fgg/ a fighting game bord mad that somebody was posting about mortal kombat a fighting game there now he shitposts mortal kombat everywhere he can