I miss Star Fox so fucking much guys, especially the first game's OST

I miss Star Fox so fucking much guys, especially the first game's OST

youtube.com/watch?v=KISsTTcbJk8

Will Nintendo ever release a good Star Fox game again? Zero sucked

Star Fox thread, I guess

Attached: 478369-star-fox-snes-front-cover.jpg (800x563, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChNYlp_0Rqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the girls

Attached: 28c4696e65ea5d28694be0d2e68bfd35.jpg (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Is there a way to play the original without slowdowns?

youtube.com/watch?v=ChNYlp_0Rqc
I'm just waiting for Star Fox 3

Attached: miyu.gif (252x252, 65K)

SF 2 is far superior to 1

Nothing particular I know of, but have you tried different emulators?
Some run faster than others/original hardware and have reduced lag. I think Zsnes does, too, and that's why speedrunners banned it.
Don't know if there's one that completely does away with slowdowns, though.

Go play the originals again. Stop hoping for future games that are inevitably going to suck. Modern gaming is shit.

bsnes has speed sliders for cpu, sa-1, and superfx that allow you to "overclock" them and make the game smoother.

Where have you been user, there's 64 of them.

Using the RetroArch emulator you can increase the clock of the "SuperFX" chip

I’m still working my way through the marathon games

I'll never understand why they can't get Starfox right.

No one wants a remake of 64, we just want another game LIKE 64 with more levels, alt endings, vehicle types, and non bullshit controls.

Attached: 1527465463452.png (500x369, 186K)

Miyamoto would literally have to die. After Zero's gimmick caused it to flop, he placed it in the cuckshed with F-Zero.

Ive never touched this series, and i never plan to, regardless of recommendations saying otherwise.

with that out of the way, I am curious to hear what game design flaws 0 has over 1, 2, and/or 64.
Saw old reviews saying its decent, but didnt really hear anything about comparisons.

(Im in agreement most modern games ruin a lot of the fun of older games, but also not suggesting all older games were great in design. Most games were all over the place in ideas, and the best just happen to guess right. Modern games try to boil them down into a formula, removes charming quirks, and the remaining formula grows old too quickly)

When will you nintenbabies grow up and buy a ps4

I've only used Snes9x, but I'll try others.

Does it increase the speed of the whole game or just help reduce slowdowns?

I played 64 3D and liked it, but I wanna play as Falco. He's cooler than Fox.

Better to accept the fact that the only good new Star Fox related things coming out are new Krystal drawings.

Attached: E9F53909-1BA9-4D63-BD8F-D3B31F94CB8B.jpg (779x1630, 193K)

n64 was peak, ds remake was also peak.
Easily an almost perfect game

Isabelle is the token furry cute girl in Nintendo's cute girl-based marketing schemes.

there has literally only been one exceptional starfox game

I blame Miyamoto's obsession with gimmicks. It's why F-Zero won't come back without one, and why Star Fox Zero, which had the opportunity to at least be pretty decent, got weighed down with the gamepad and motion controls designs so hard (though there's plenty of other reasons why it was bad). It says a lot that Star Fox Assault, formerly the most disliked main game if you discount Adventures from the series altogether, is becoming an "underappreciated classic" by some, because Namco at least made a fucking shooter and even the on-foot bits were still being that to a tee.

was Zero that bad?

yes

It's not that it's a bad game, it's that it's the third retread of the "stop Andross" idea as a partial remake of 64, which we already got on the 3DS, combined with a really interesting but ultimately obnoxious as hell focus on controller gimmicks. There's no replayability besides a couple bonus what-if stages, not even an alternate final boss varied on difficulty, so it has less content than 64. What content is there has several stages where you get out of the Arwing to fly a gyrocopter and control a little ROB or other shit. It's like they got Platinum in and had them do really stupid things to try to sell the Wii U instead of what they could do best.

Zero is comparable to Platinum's licensed games in that regard rather than their top shelf works.

Zero's actual level design and so on isn't particularly any better or worse than the previous games (besides being retreads of locations already featured in the series rather than new ones); what killed Zero was the dual-screen mechanic, where the TV shows a traditional view while the Wii U Gamepad is a view from the cockpit. And you tilt the gamepad around to aim where you're flying while using the left control stick to move, all the while watching both screens simultaneously. If that sounds absolutely retarded when reading my sentence, that's because it is.

Whose asking for another remake they already perfected that shit

And they could always port 3D to the Switch. Still don't get why they haven't done this for any of the 3DS remakes.