Modern Warfare Beta

Now that its closed let me give you my impressions on it.
It's easily one of the COD's since at least BO1. The way the guns handle and recoil is top tier. It also finally looks and feels like a next gen COD, it's just too bad it took till the end of this current cycle to get here. The gunsmithing feature strikes both of my grinding autismo as well as my perfect /k/ approved weapon build as well as making something silly (see oden with ext. barrel with long distance silencer). The maps are hit and miss but at least there are more when the game comes out. Grazna raid is top tier while azir cave bretty gud. Hackney is total trash to the point I'll leave lobby or leave the game if it's on there, 3 lane shitter maps need to die already. Ground war is actually goat but there are many issues with it. Holy shit they need to space out the 3 middle objectives more, its literally not worth running around in there and it encourages camping so you dont die the moment spawn. There's no option (which I'm aware of) to go into 1st person in vehicles which is a big drawback from me and; while I'm aware this isnt BF having an option/perk to repair vehicles would be nice. I also had alot of technical issues the first day they added GW, I was dropped from the match at least 5 times and i had several graphical glitches while they were loading. I also had a glitch where I'd choose to spawn on a team mate that was on the ridge but it dropped me in the middle of an opposing sniper team on the other side of the map (got all except 1.who finally took me down). There was also a guy who glitched below the map by A and was just being a shitter. Also we've finally come home where everyone in the lobby is calling everyone else niggers
Over all this is gonna be an excellent COD and the first one I'm gonna buy in like 6 years (I was gifted ww2 and it was total trash from top to bottom)
>inb4 shill
I'd love to see my shekels tho

Attached: 1569205733315m.jpg (1024x576, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1feEqgRZQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd also add that while there are some balance issues (m4) they are mitigated by the gunsmith feature which can take a meh gun and turn it into a real contender (oden)
Also
>inb4 blog
Go to one of the smash threads then you useless faggot no one forced you to come here.....oh and uh dialate or have sex or something.
Post impressions and preferred load outside
My go to is now Oden with compensator, extended barrel, vertical grip, ext. mag, and an 3x optic. Overkill that with the first shot gun (forgot the fucking name) with compensator, tapered barrel, grip, cqb stock, and FMJ perk
Follow that up with claymore and adrenaline (use adrenaline for everything desu)

Did you think that there was some weird netcode issues whenever someone would jump around a corner? I would die instantly without even seeing them.
>inb4 get gud

>lack of radar encourages heavy camping
>shotguns are a joke
>basically anything thats not an M4 sucks
>no way to filter out the pc fats

if they can address these few points before launch im sold

oh and no FFA goodness, fuck all this esports team bullshit

How is it closed? I’m still able to play it, and haven’t paid anything, and haven’t closed the app yet. Wtf?

I played it for about an hour but then it kept crashing every time I opened the multiplayer menu. So all in all CoD/10.

Is the most soulles game ever,everytjing looks bland, those horrible maps and that fucking battelfield conquest knock off mode is shit. Stop shilling you fag OP

>Also we've finally come home where everyone in the lobby is calling everyone else niggers
kek, i was actually kinda happy when i booted up the game for the first time and the first thing i hear when joining a random lobby was this

Also how to save your stats? Until the launch date?

I agree, I level 30'd and loved it.

People need to learn how to play more intelligently. Gunfights mean quick kills; so take cover, expose as little as possible of your body, mount up on the right side or horizontal (never the left, it exposes you), and be prepared to fire and maneuver to a new location.

Anyway I'm looking forward to it. The game is outstanding, it's what a shooter should be. The 32 v 32 was amazing, if you play smart and don't just sprint into the middle like the 99% lmfao.

Netcode was pretty bad. Kill trading is pretty common. However, it only made me mad for about 3 seconds until I respawned so who cares.

For the PC users: what was the best graphics setting? I played on Ultra and I couldn't see shit in some maps, it was too fucking dark.
>inb4 increase brightness
no way fag

I only enjoyed the ground war mode, but overall enjoyed the gunplay, il probably check out the other maps and find a cheap key somewhere when it launches.

I did have a few issues though.

>The cap points are too close together so despite the map being'big' it doesn't really feel it cause it's just a huge cluster fuck, half the map barely gets touched.
>UAV/endless kill streak spam
>Gas nades. Have they been fun in a game ever?
>Spawns.

And for me sound. I saw on the Reddit people were really impressed with it so maybe it's just my headset. But for me it was WAY too loud. Like there's no distance/proximity scaling. Can't hear footsteps or anyone close by cause of endless explosions I'm not even close to. It's like being in the PUBG plane 24/7.

Overall would play again, mainly as I like big game fps games and there's fuck all else to play

The game mode where you can revive your team was cool. Had some rounds where I went from 1 vs 4-5 and slowly revived/killed of the enemy until we won. Pretty fun

Nothing matters, the map design is still awful like the last 6 or so CoD games. Until they fix that no call of duty is worth playing.

>Kill trading is pretty common.
That's more on projectile based guns. If it was hitscan it would just decided who killed who first with no trading.

The game feels and plays good, but the maps are so fucking boring trash. I seriously hope they'll step up their map game in actuall release

Was a good beta. Only small issue I've found is lens flare seems to completely invalidate the entire subsection of weapons that is sniper rifles when every gun seems to have sniper range. Every time I saw one of those flashlight tier lights flaring up somewhere I just aimed with my literally iron sights and burst fired hit markers at it from halfway across the map till it went out and I got points.

Should probably only be active when being shined on directly by the map's lightsource.

>lack of radar encourages heavy camping
Never a problem for me since it's only three kills to get a UAV unlike in BO4 where it took something like five kills.
>shotguns are a joke
They're situational, but they feel like they have more weight in this game than in previous CODs. If you've ever fired a shotgun in real life, you'll understand what I mean. I think they got the damage drop-off range right in this game.
>basically anything thats not an M4 sucks
M4 was clearly the best all-around gun, but I used a few different guns as well. I preferred the AK and MP5. I saw a lot of people using the AUG and FAMAS as well.
Maybe they'll allow you to disable crossplay in the full game.

You can turn off crossplay, idiota

There was crossplay enable/disable in the beta.

Nah that'd be a bitch to balance maps around, make it flash only while ADSing or something

>>basically anything thats not an M4 sucks
You're a fucking pleb who hasn't used anything beyond the starting gun.
MP5 rapes

I turned shadows down to normal because they were tanking my fps into the 50s in Ground War and I wasn't about to update my drivers for one 3 day beta

also REMINDER THAT THE BETA WAS MW'S PEAK AND YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU THINK THE RELEASED GAME WILL BE ANYWHERE NEAR AS ENJOYABLE

Well we already know they have lootboxes.

Honestly I want to play the """"gritty"""" campaign too. Might actually buy it. COD games retain their value pretty well at the start, can always sell if the rest is shit.

Pirate it for the campaign and then forget about it. The multiplayer is retard bait. Activision just want to cash in on the MW name and then start milking the game for all its worth, the novelty will be gone and there will be nothing left

>make it flash only while ADSing or something
That's already how it is.

>Nah that'd be a bitch to balance maps around
Maps are already balanced around that. Make that change and suddenly the weapon becomes balanced.

>Well we already know they have lootboxes.
I was hoping that Activision wouldn't jew me on this one but I was a fool.
Not gonna bother with it then.

My personal issues whit the game
>there will be minimum 4 dlcs
>you can only play it on the cancer net launcher
>the game looks fine, but knowing how they triked us whit the last entries, they will ad cancerous microtransactions and shit that will make the game unplayable

Attached: 1543577172694.jpg (868x758, 412K)

Played realism a lot and had a lot of guys with mic. Reminded me of Insurgency mixed with Siege, first time in COD where I'd actually hunker down in building, set up shields and traps, and co-ordinate spots with a team.

Impressed with the gunplay. Don't mind the "camping" because I never liked the ADHD playstyle, I normally just sweep around corners with my weapons aiming down sights or flash buildings before sprinting in.

Was thinking about buying it for the 2 player couch co-op alone, but impressed by the beta a lot.

It's damn good but best since BO1?

BO1 was shit. MW2, BO2 were where it's at.

MP5 was so good that I wouldn't be surprised if it and most of the other good guns and perks like adrenaline get nerfed because of people like complaining that the sniper rifles are useless. I would tweak the MP5 and AK to make their extended mags 40 rounds instead of 45. I think that's a fair nerf, and 45-round magazines don't exist for those guns in real life (to my knowledge). Other than that, leave them as they are. The AK is difficult to control on full-auto, and the MP5 has a slow reload along with a noticeable damage drop off. The M4 melts people, and has pretty much no weaknesses that I can see other than being difficult to use at range on full-auto with the iron sights.

It's fun for what it is, but these games always get boring to me after a week or two and the community is always little kids and tryhard stoner types.

Does the Blizzard launcher have achievements? Did BO4 have them?

Attached: 1549565283429.jpg (1080x1108, 655K)

BO4 PC had built in achievements, it wasn't from the launcher.

>and the community is always little kids and tryhard stoner types.
I thought this was a meme since I never played COD after WaW and back then no one used a mic on PC.
But holy crap, the beta opened a new world for me. I'm now certain that these "money stolen" threads are made by 14 years olds and unironic subhumans.

It was also really easy to upset them without even resorting to namecalling. What the fuck is wrong with them and added to the fun. It is the reason I may buy this shitty game

Who cares about your impressions, nerd?

It was trash.
-garbage weapon balance, AR's trumped everything, carbines and shotguns were worthless. LMG's were extremely situational and did nothing better than AR's
-Netcode was bad, you can tell this is the case because when getting killed it looks like you get downed within 0.5 seconds, but on the enemy screen they were shooting you well in advance
-most of the maps were shit, like azhir cave and gun runner
-game modes were kind of boring. Ground War was absolute shit, just domination with a bigger map and more players
-no memorable music, and the comms chat got tiresome really fast because of how bland it was
-all the new reload animations look like stiff ass and the only decent ones were clearly lifted off of older titles

tl;dr it was trash

What are some operator kino campaigns?

Preferably obscure games not many have heard of. Everyone already knows about the obvious COD/Tom Clancy/STALKER

smgs are overpowered in a cod game? colour me shocked

>The way the guns handle and recoil is top tier.
This is the same meme shill statement you cocksuckers say about EVERY AAA shooter that comes out. Yea Forums's """reviews""" are exactly the fucking same for every single one.
>dude the way the game HANDLES is just so good...
>like bro the gunplay is so SMOOTH...
I've been on Yea Forums since 2014 and this empty praise has been said about every Battlefield and CoD game that's come out since.

The game is shit, like every CoD that's come out since MW1 in 2007.

disabled DoF as suggested on /vg/ and the game suddendly looked 100% times better

>-garbage weapon balance, AR's trumped everything, carbines and shotguns were worthless. LMG's were extremely situational and did nothing better than AR's
So just like real life?

>turn brightness up to 100
>all settings on low
>win

Attached: 1346205079241.jpg (236x421, 33K)

>So just like real life?
retarded argument
Why inserting weapons that make you lose most confrontations by default?

is it actually over yet?

When was the last time CoD had good LMGs? Black Ops 1 was the only time it felt like using an lmg wasnt a total waste of time.

I mean, most firearms are designed to fill a specific niche. Assault rifles were made to bridge the gap between submachineguns and what this game calls "marksman rifles," so of course they are going to wind up being the most versatile. That doesn't mean the other weapons are useless, though. I still got some use out of the shotgun for the little time I had with the game. I predict that the assault rifles and SMGs will dominate, but it's like that every COD. I would rather have that than quickscoping faggots running around one-shotting people by cheesing aim assist. I don't see this game being nearly as bad as BO4 where you have entire lobbies using nothing but the KN-57 and Saug.

blops 4 had a couple good ones

Great opinion.

>basically permanent UAV in Ground War
>Ground War's map is too small for 32v32
>Sniping is too easy in Ground War
>Killstreaks over Scorestreaks for Ground War
>No semblance of frontlines at all
Its pretty fun but also seems like it will get old fast, and CoD always peaks in beta. BO4 died in a month

When is the next beta? I missed this one cause I wasn't home.

>mess with every single setting
>metallic gun reflections still renders at like 10% resolution and makes iron sights a pain to use

Attached: youve-reached-the-veterans-suicide-hotline-please-hold flint.png (500x605, 144K)

The biggest problem with LMGs in most CODs is that they made the ADS speed so incredibly slow that it's impossible to use them in any way except camping from a power position, and most of the newer CODs had shitty three-lane maps where you would never have the opportunity to use them like that. BO1 had a good variety of LMGs as well. It had the big heavy beltfed M60, but also the ones that were closer to assault rifles like the RPK and Stoner 63.

see

>It also finally looks and feels like a next gen COD
lmao, WW2 looked way better. Trees and plants don't even move in this game

That was the only good thing about WWII though. WaW was much better for the map design alone. Treyarch used to be the best at designing maps.

WW2s small scale war mode (don't remember the name but it had the 3 phases or whatever) was really solid, is there anything like that in this MW?

This game shows how much I love crossplay.

>Got online
>Have friends from 10 years ago messaging me on the Xbox app since I'm on PC now
>We join up and play some matches
>Freinds from PS4 join up
>We're all having fun shit talking the other team and calling each other faggots and bitches
>Even had a kid try to 1v1 some black dude

Crossplay needs to be in every game.

I agree, plus it won't die that fast on PC

only if the console players don't start to disable it
feels like a gamble for me

Attached: COD52.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

>t's easily one of the COD's since at least BO1
Learn to proof read, and use paragraphs, you sound 12 and Hispanic.

>dude get no man's sky the update is huge!
>he plays it for a few days then stops
>dude get wow classic we are going home!
>dude get gears 5 the co-op is awesome!
why are my zoomers friends so quick abandon then jump onto the next big thing? Now he is playing MW beta

nice projection

That depends if you start your wallhacks or not

>PC
>no hacks
I only played on PC my whole life and we both know how it ends

> 4 DLC
They've said that multiplayer maps will be free for all players, no time exclusivity too. Sure, it will be full of cosmestic shit, but atleast, you've got all the maps

Why is the PC edition not available on Amazon?

My 30-year-old boomer friend is like that too. He tries to convince me to buy every new AAA game that comes out, even though he knows I work 60-70 hours per week. I'm content with COD and a couple other select titles for the whole year.

I wish I was that good
October 25th :)

what about lootbox weapons?

based

Attached: motorola.jpg (437x492, 28K)

As long as they keep the gay cartoonish cosmetic shit from BO4 out of this game. I honestly like BO4, but COD was never about that sort of silliness until they decided they needed to directly compete with Fortnite.

Don't know.
I mean, for the time, they've got their advertisement right, it's looking great but they'll find a way to fuck this up. Activision can't let CoD get back on track without a red dot at 1 dollars or something like this in microtransaction.

Not sure what you mean? I am always the one willing to try these games for him and he is always the first one to stop playing
Yeah, it gets quite annoying. I wish they would think about what they want to play more thoroughly.

The game do not seem to have that cartoonish feeling, at least, the advertisement do not looks like it. But you will surely get those crappy skins with animated shit on it.
Military paintjob on weapons only would be great

Wish DICE would do crossplay, they're too busy being on the right side of history than to Innovate unfortunately..

Cyber Attack! It's fucking great.

>slower movement
>faster ttk
>minorities
This game will tank, the beta was handled really bad too, being lvl 1 was too much of an advantage.

>It's easily one of the COD's since at least BO1.
Fuck user, I don't know why I found this so funny but I did.

The only thing that pissed me off was that everything was an insta kill and we had weapons like the scar and mg34 that we could never even use. It makes no sense to cocktease us with shit like that.

My biggest gripes are the netcode and weapon balancing. You can kinda tell the netcode gets worse as more players are in the match. In Hackney I saw a guy suddenly popping up out of a doorway in crouch, so I shot at him but it was too late. In the killcam he slided out of the doorway. I honestly hope that guy's connection was shit plus lag compensation being overtuned.

Weapon balancing though. The M4 is overpowered in an annoying way. It's pretty much a laser pointer. It has a HIGHER fire rate, accuracy and control than the AK, it has less fucking recoil and it needs 4 bullets to kill just like the AK. So they need to either up the recoil on the M4 and/or have it be 5 bullets because the AK being 3 shots would be too much. Honestly there's no point in running any other assault rifle if they don't nerf the M4. I'm feel like the marksman rifles need some adjustments but I didn't get enough playtime with those.
The MP5 might need a nerf, I'm not sure though. It's not as bad as the M4 and I did just as well with the other SMGs.
Besides that though, damn this game's fucking good.

Like I've said before it's just a better executed Battlefield. Higher budget, better visuals, smoother action, funner gunplay, cooler setting, prettier maps.

Still just a console twitch shooter mindless deathmatch rigamarole. And I'm aware that there are pro COD players on this board but they've yet to explain any of the mechanics beyond just SHOOT FASTER = WIN and some sort of predicting where opponents will be based off knowledge of where the spawns are. Just seems like a meaningless grind.

>Just seems like a meaningless grind.
it is
but so are video games at all

youtube.com/watch?v=y1feEqgRZQI

I actually agree with all that
>only option is suicide
maybe not completely

Attached: 1555751826873.png (210x330, 82K)

>predicting where opponents will be based off knowledge of where the spawns are.
i'm gonna shove a whole three-lane map up your fucking rectum i swear to god