Can we talk about how "gamer boycotts" have NEVER fucking worked?

Can we talk about how "gamer boycotts" have NEVER fucking worked?

Attached: IMG-20170530-WA0007.jpg (1600x986, 135K)

Remember No Mans Sky?

Damn, that really made me think.

Attached: 1569191236420.jpg (640x640, 95K)

Gamers hitched and moaned for MONTHS about Borderlands 3 being Epic exclusive and instead of them literally waiting only SIX MONTHS for it to be released on Steam, they all mindlessly go against their own interests and buy it. Imagine if all the gamers DIDN'T buy it on Epic and then six months later they all bought it on Steam. What a powerful message that would send to game publishers, but no. They all could have bought it on fucking consoles for all I fucking care and it still would have sent a message, but no, they gotta have it RIGHT NOW no matter what they compromise.

Attached: 0ed44d4a908f21feb02d47b269f33483de7266e0.jpg (616x353, 47K)

so much this

i dont know, artifact boycott worked out pretty well

Absolute flow chart post

I have the opposite effect, every game I like sells poorly

major releases never get actual boycots, little shit releases and niche games that had anti-fanbase changes only ever work because they had such a pathetically small buyer base that the devs somehow alienated. AAA games don't get that because they're aimed at such a broad audience that they could never possibly piss of every single potential customer

Attached: boycott.png (955x956, 236K)

>newspaper gets wet
>still get rained on anyways
>tablets and phones still have data saved to them while the newspaper becomes a soggy worthless mess
Wow, you sure showed me.

he should be holding a pail to fetch rainwater

Oh and the best part about this is that it's only six fucking months. If the game was going to be epic exclusive FOREVER or there was literally no sign of it ever leaving the epic store, I'd say, "Fuck it, buy it if you really want it," but you all knew beforehand that after six months it would be available on steam and people STILL BOUGHT IT.

What fucking reason do game publishers have to listen to you when you clearly don't give a shit? In fact, Metro Exodus did BETTER on Epic than it would have on Steam. Fucking idiots. All of you.

Damn......

Just the last year

>Battlefield vagina
>Star Wars Battlefront 2

Both games went to shit because the media and the people decided to prior to their releases.

It's extra funny considering it's Borderlands. It's gonna get a bunch of dlcs anyways, just wait some time instead of wasting money.
In the end people care more about being in on the new thing. "Borderlands 3 is coming out I gotta play it!"

Whoa, he stayed marginally more dry for all of ten seconds!

Not true. The L4D2 boycott made sure that Valve never made another L4D game. Or proper game at all for that matter.

Attached: 1245358334806.png (592x1831, 353K)

Star wars boycott is working

Attached: boycottmw2.jpg (946x788, 169K)

Why don't they all just fucking move somewhere where it's not raining

Boycott fags are literally the same as this new cancel culture bullshit
>Everything I don’t like needs to be shut down

It's funny but also frustrating just how easily everyone came crawling back to Gearbox.

Dont you have smartphones?

Fallout 76?

Because people cave in and buy that shit regardless every time. Look at pokemon, tons of people complaining about everything wrong with the new swsh games but if you ask them they'll tell you theyre going to buy it anyways. Developers know they can get away with it.

It made me really happy that EA fucked up so badly that the original Battlefront games went through a resurgence of popularity, even if it was short lived.

If people would reject new shitty game in favor of old good game more often, then maybe we could start getting new good game.

not wanting to buy something is different than trying to force other people from buying something

I bet all those people feel really fucking silly right about now

There's 2 very important things to remember about the videogame consumer base.

1) The vast majority of them are completely and utterly uninformed/misinformed about anything beyond the most absolute surface-level shit. The kinda stuff that gets dozens and dozens of threads about it on Yea Forums or reddit or wherever the fuck else can go totally under the radar of the average schmuck that just walks into a store and says "yo can I get that [Game]". On top of that, most of the ones that do know or hear about any of that sort of stuff simply don't care.

2) Of the ones that do know and do care about the sort of issues that might be boycott-worthy, the majority of them are completely spineless gobshites that won't actually stick to their values and simply waffle the moment they're forced to make a choice.

With these things in mind, its really not hard to see why the average Publisher treats their consumers like mindless cattle - because most of them frankly are.

>its really not hard to see why the average Publisher treats their consumers like mindless cattle - because most of them frankly are.
This.