Why is Sony the only console manufacturer that understands why the D-Pad should always be above the stick...

Why is Sony the only console manufacturer that understands why the D-Pad should always be above the stick? (If it’s below the stick, the position of the d-pad will make your thumb favor diagonal inputs)

I blame the piece of shit 360 controller, Microsoft and PC users in general for infecting Nintendo with the asymmetrical stick terminal disease.
It’s especially bad for Nintendo who makes so many 2D platformers and games that heavily utilize the D-Pad, why did they make a controller for retards to play Halo comfortably when there’s barely any games like it on the platform?
Although looking at the quality of the Pro Controller’s D-Pad it really doesn’t matter it’s position, so this thread is pointless.
It’s just a shame to know if Nintendo eventually learns how to make a good D-Pad again it will still be worthless because it will be placed in the wrong position.

Attached: 44DC780E-EE5E-49ED-9821-F76633CC8071.jpg (1300x866, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JQUiXokUVeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its fine either way desu

the switch joycons however are garbage for this with the left joycon

I can barely switch weapons during astral chain

The Xenoblade pro controller dpad is perfect

because other console manufacturers recognized that most games use the stick for movement over the D-Pad nowadays and make the primary input locations even

>piece of shit 360 controller
Imagine being this much retarded.

If by “perfect” you mean “garbage” then yes i agree.
youtu.be/JQUiXokUVeg

Because the analog stick was tacked on at the last minute on the PS1 because Nintendo blew them out of the water with their dedicated analog stick that worked so well in their 3D games, because you know, you're not dealing with just a 2D plane anymore. 3D requires an analog stick.

And even then, their D-pad is 4 buttons and is absolute trash. You can't easily pivot between top and right for example. The Switch fucked up and did what Sony did and everyone complained about it. Sony is actually the only company that is doing it completely wrong 25 years later.

There are countless of pro tekken players using the ds4 and its regarded as the best pad for the game. And that game requires diagonals a lot

Nintendo hasn’t made a D-Pad better than Sony’s in over 15 years, sad.
And the Vita D-Pad is literally better than any Nintendo’s d-pad ever made.

Also i don’t know what Nintendo beat Sony in, at the end of the day the N64 controller was garbage while the dualshock revolutionazed the entire industry.

the New 3DS D-Pad is one of the best D-Pads ever made

lmao what is it with nincels and their need to exaggerate everything Nintendo does.

The Switch has buttons because you need to be able to use each joycon as its own individual controller, so a Dpad instead of face buttons wouldn't work. I'd rather it just have a Dpad but that was the reasoning behind it not having one.

>Nintendo hasn’t made a D-Pad better than Sony’s in over 15 years, sad.
Every single one of Sony's Dpads is that segmented garbage, get the fuck out of here.

The only "bad" Nintendo Dpad was on the Switch pro controller, and that was due to bad QC/defects.

>the dualshock revolutionazed the entire industry.
lol get a load of this Soi-snorting faggot

N64 did analog control and rumble first

Sony was so fucking lazy they didn't even bother to redesign the controller after the DS1 just slapped analog sticks on the bottom of the existing pad with no regard for ergonomics.

why haven't they thrown out the shitty d-pad since analogue sticks became a thing because it's beyond fucking obsolete, and replaced it with a 3x3 grid or something so consoles can get and use more fucking hotkeys
d-pad is literally only used for inventory management and hotkeys in 99% of all games released, its a waste of fucking space on any controller at this point

Look at all this cope in a single post lmao
No, honey, you get the fuck out of here, do more research about D-Pads before trying to give an opinion.

>its a waste of fucking space on any controller at this point
Yeah, no, I'm thinking you're a retard.

I would never buy a controller without a Dpad. Anything that doesn't feature full 3D movement and/or doesn't require precise inputs outside of the cardinal directions and diagonals is better with a Dpad.

You know you’ve gone full retard when you say the n64 controller was better than the ps1 dualshock.

Go back to play Fortnite, kid.

Sony's Dpads are shit, sorry bub. Get that segmented shit the fuck outta here.

They slapped analog sticks on the PS1's pad and didn't bother to design a good analog controller that was actually built with having analog sticks in mind moving forward with the PS2. Just the same cramped pad with sticks slapped on the bottom.

>Better Dpad
>More face buttons
>Z trigger
>More comfortable to hold

If the analog stick weren't so quick to degrade it would have unironically been a great controller.

The Dualshock controller line sucks dick and almost every other manufacturer has come out with better controllers.

Look at this redneck trash trying to have a conversation on the internet lmao

>console gaming

Attached: kek.jpg (1600x1600, 188K)

>He’s still defending the N64 controller while also telling other people that they are wrong.

Did you suffer any accident as a child?

Here comes the third worlder waiting for console ports to play.

Attached: 0D686B82-A26E-4CA5-9462-116F576EC126.jpg (648x720, 144K)

>segmented

Sony's dpad is one piece though.

Sony's d-pad is hot ass garbage and symmetrical sticks feel weird

Sony was the first one to put 2 analog sticks on a controller. The N64 analog was also fucking garbage.

Consoles are extremely cheap compared to gaming pc, pleb. My hotas with pedals and headtreacker alone cost more that your ancient console toaster, that can't even run any actual videogame.

Its segmented above the case, which is what matters, its basically just 4 buttons. MS's dpads are one piece too and they're even worse.

You’re not part of any master race with that 2006 PC Miguel.

That’s exactly what makes it the best D-Pad for fighting games you fucking retard.

Isn’t that the guy who died of LITERAL ass cancer? kek

Nice projection, console peasant. Go on be a poorfag somewhere else.

>Miguel gets aggressive
I sure am glad i live in a place where none of you brown vermin are near.

>want controller for pc
>get ds4 since I'm mentally used to sony's face buttons
>wobbly faceplate
>menu pages navigated via analog triggers sometimes flip twice on a single input but I can live with it
>joysticks start reading opposing inputs within a month
>return for a new one
>happens again
>try friend's switch pro
>holy fuck that d-pad is unconscionably bad
>don't mind digital triggers but by god are they stiff
>buy xbone controller
>dislike the face buttons, joystick placement and general lack of features but at least it does mostly what I want it to do
the search for a good all-purpose controller continues

so what, because there's 3 handle for different type of games it's a shit controller?
The joystick was an abberation, but other than that, it's a great controller for kids.
or people with big hands.
I know 2 games that used both the d-pad and the stick, battlezone and hexen. and both were great at using all the control availlable.

OH NO NO HAHA JUST LOOK AT THIS

Even ignoring everything wrong about it (everything) the stick itself is garbage compared to the dualshock 1, and it’s only one, lol.

Stop, this can’t be healthy for you.

Attached: C1D96659-D04A-4A00-B421-A6A96FE61A7B.jpg (3060x2440, 1.87M)

>pc gamers
Wtf are you babbling about? I have a ps4 controller for my pc games and used a dualshock 3 before that. Pc gamers can use any controller they prefer. Always could.
Anyone with half a brain knows the 360 controller was absolute shit. The asymmetrical joysticks, the shitty dpad, the massive deadzones on the sticks.
Was a fucking terrible controller.

asymmetrical joysticks>symmetrical