What went wrong?

Attached: DC5D8B92-1DCA-476E-B70F-38052A9D0DD4.jpg (220x254, 20K)

Nothing. It finished up Solid Snake's story.

This, it was pretty kino.

I miss the multi-player

Everything

Attached: 658697467.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Nothing
1=4>2=3>GZ>TTS>>>TPP>>PW

He disbanded team Boktai, killing the inferior kojima series.

How was your day at Konami today user?

everything after Act 2

Kino only applies to movies! Metal gear solid 4 is a gamee!!!!!

Not much, it just wasn't the sequel to 2 that people wanted, but it would have been impossible to follow from the end of 2 without having to explain it all through some contrived way like nanomachines

It was an amazing engine with fantastic visuals and extraordinary gameplay that was hindered by the lack of utilizing said gameplay and having a story so ridiculous and so invasive that all anyone can really remember about the game was waiting to play parts of it in between long load times and cutscenes.

Attached: Hold Up.jpg (850x605, 180K)

>1=4>2=3>GZ>TTS>>>TPP>>PW
I like 4, b ut this is objectively awful taste

2>3>1=4>GZ>>>PW>>>>>>>>>>>>V

>fantastic visuals
I never understood this meme.
Everything besides character models is insanely low-poly and the textures are complete ass.

I used to like 2 and 3 more than i do now but they get worse and worse with each replay
They are still great games but they just arent as fun to replay for me as 1 and 4

It basically had three different directors and was probably not very close to any of their visions for the game. Kojima should have let go or taken complete control.

Sometimes marketing memes just stick. 2009 people looked at it "HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS SO GOOD" and it just didn't go away.
Same with stupid shit like calling Tyrant in RE2 Mr. X

1 hour of cutscene for 5 mins of gameplay. And Fukushima not being part of it.

I actually just replayed 1-4 on my annual playthrough over the past week and 2 was the only one that still felt fresh for me.
I actually used to enjoy 4 the most in terms of gameplay and levels, but actually that was the least fun to replay this time round, probably because i've played it too much now.
Not sure how you can find 1 as one of the better to replay other than for potential nostalgia value - the backtracking really tarnishes it.
You can do Plant on 2 without having to backtrack quite as much.

It looked great for a PS3 game at the time of its release, and the art direction was on point. Also remember that most of the time you were staring at Snake's ass as you played.

2 was just rehashed 1 concepts with upgraded features and graphics and didn't even feature Snake for most of game. 1 made the franchise as it's known and was the most impressive and innovative production in the franchise at release which has not been truly replicated by subsequent titles that have ridden its success since.

Yeah the backtracking in 1 can be pretty bad
I guess i just like the setting and snake more than the big shell and raiden
For me 4 is easy as fuck to replay because when its gameplay time, its gameplay time (except for that microwave hallway at the end)
So if youre getting bored you can just skip the cutscenes
Even mission 3 can be completed in minutes if have done it before

And no its not nostalgia since i actually played mgs1 after 2, 3 and 4 lel

This playing with Yea Forums towards the end of its life was some of the most fun I’ve ever had online

>2 was just rehashed 1 concepts with upgraded features and graphics
You could pretty much say that about the entire series, but at least 2 was incredibly self-aware about that and worked it into the narrative.

>didn't even feature Snake for most of game
Well he probably appears in nearly half of it at least when counting codec calls and cutscenes. Raiden is a far more complex character, so it's literally just your personal opinion if you don't like the game because 'Snake isn't in it enough'

>1 made the franchise as it's known and was the most impressive and innovative production in the franchise at release which has not been truly replicated by subsequent titles that have ridden its success since.
I'd say 2 actually massively expanded the concept of 1 and actually developed it to provide far more commentary about society other than 'nukes are bad'.
In terms of gameplay I don't really understand the point you're making, that the other games aren't as good as 1 because they use similar mechanics?

>Raiden is a far more complex character
Oh fuck off

Yes because "dude nukes are bad" was all MGS1 was about.
Fucking retard.

It's objectivley the worst of the series but not bad.