ITT: 10/10 remakes

>completely redone enemy AI
>free-scrolling overworld (no screen transitions)
>dramatically reduced item swapping pauses
>increased difficulty with Hero mode (2x damage, no heart pickups or fairies)
>can actually do a 3-heart run now, adding even more challenge
>don't have to scroll through walls of text anytime you get a powerup

Attached: 1569113129385.jpg (441x400, 93K)

soulless

You forgot the additional content, QoL improvements and adorable soulful art style.

Attached: 1550630037681m.jpg (1024x1024, 115K)

I like the game but I genuinely think the lack of screen transitions is a negative. In terms of how LA is designed, screen transitions make the world feel larger and more structured. Also not knowing what's around each corner until you get there makes exploration a bit more interesting. In the remake,when you take away transitions without reworking the map to accommodate, the world feels incredibly small and being able to see so much of it at once makes maneuvering around the world a little less exciting

When taking the GB scope of LA, screen transitions make more sense IMO

it's the definitive version of the game. zoomers are just mad that it wasn't turned into an open-world far cry clone.

b-b-but it should be a grim-dark nightmareish hellscape! Thats was what developers intended! Something about concept art!

As much as I appreciate the comfy aesthetics, good music, I have to confess that my favorite thing about it might just be the QoL changes when it comes to the controls.

No more equipping the fucking bracelet every 20 seconds and unequipping the sword in the process. I've been able to just keep the roc's feather and swap whatever else I need for the situation, which is appreciated.

it is an OK game, but it's still a gameboy game at its heart. It's very, very simplified, and not for everyone. The story is pretty garbage, gameplay is brainlet simple, but the music is good and graphics are cute.

It's basically a 6/10 game boosted to 7/10 via the remake. It's simplicity is both its strength but also its greatest weakness. All in all, the remake adds a lot of polish but it's still always going to be a gameboy game at heart.

my only issue with it is the framerate hopping between 60 and 30 so often.

This. Just looks completely neutered. They should have tried to make it took like the original's intro, not some lame photo.

>framerate dips in a 2d zelda game
that will be a yikes from me

I'm only up to Dungeon 4 and loving it, but I have two complaints.

1) I don't like the weird recorder sounding version of the song that plays when you pick up your sword. It feels much less powerful and honestly, reminds me of those titanic recorder meme videos.

2) taking away the screen transitions. I dunno why, but it just feels weird.

I'm loving this remake so far! It's my favorite kind of remake in that it doesn't 100% replace the original game. The QOL improvements are amazing, but there are a few things here or there that make the GB version still worth coming back to.
>Depth doesn't matter so you can do a spin attack mid jump and destroy everything
>Hols and physics are easier to take advantage of
>The claw game, while not as worthwhile as the one in the remake, is much more straightforward and not as much of a hassle
>The photos are very charming and really shouldn't have been cut
>The picture of Princess Peach was totally original and was replaced with generic NSMB/Mario party stock art in the remake
Seriously that one right there really annoyed me. It's inexcusable how lazy that was. Honestly it ruined the entire joke for me. Pic related fits the joke much more and makes the delivery so hit much harder. She's straight up posing for the picture and everything as if the photo actually existed in their world somewhere as opposed to lazy generic stock art that feels like a lazy edit.

Attached: princess+peach+cameo+in+legend+of+zelda+link%27s+awakening.jpg (213x264, 64K)

games good, i like it a lot

>Picking generic realistic dull graphics for this meme
You had one job!

This has been posted 3 times since Friday and it’s still crap. It’s got to be the same guy

Hard disagree. The lack of screen transitions makes the world more interesting because it piques your curiosity if you see something interesting beyond the trees that you can't access yet. Making the world a bunch of square tiles like the original wouldn't have been a bad thing necessarily, but it's definitely not as good for exploration purposes.

I like that they did away with the scrolling. It gives the game a different feel. I'm not a huge fan of remakes that replace the og experience and I think it was with the intent of separating the two games even more. I now have two way to experience my second favorite 2d Zelda and I can really appreciate that.

Still what I would consider the gold standard for a remake.

Attached: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (265x375, 24K)

looks 3D to me boss

This

The one thing that did bug me is that the Tal Tal Heights music doesn't speed up when Papahl eats the pineapple

Attached: shycutezelda.gif (336x520, 3.88M)

Based as fuck. I've been playing this shit all weekend and still haven't beaten it. In don't remember the original having this much shit to do.

Attached: 1457752625931.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>added loading screens
>worse sound design than a game boy game
>worse OST than a game boy game
>ultra HD graphics with a cutesy artstyle
>chests appear in cutscenes which take control away from the player
>sword get cutscene is ruined, player swings at the beginning of the jingle instead of the end
>make it 3D, keep the grid
>8 directional movement
>slow walking
>flat lighting
>hylian shield
>$60

Attached: it hurts.png (326x295, 85K)