Do people really still care about 60 FPS Anymore? I feel people only bring it up when they want to shit on a game

Do people really still care about 60 FPS Anymore? I feel people only bring it up when they want to shit on a game.

Attached: FAE6CB7C-0C52-40A9-BA1F-C677061049F8.jpg (330x455, 24K)

only retards care about FPS on videogames

On console you take what you get.

On PC 60 fps is the minimum. If your game is running below 60 something is wrong.

twitch does, people there are utterly obsessed with streaming at 60 fps

It will always depend on each individual game. Skyrim doesn't need 60fps. CSGO bare-minimum needs 60fps. See?

Attached: 1517087687587.jpg (2256x2793, 800K)

People that actually care about 60fps (and more) gave up on consoles long ago. And complains about that on PC only tend to come up when the devs locked it to 30fps for some retarded reason and you need fanmade patches to unlock it.

Attached: order 1886 dev defends silky smooth 20fps.png (1153x1083, 322K)

This man HATES frames

Wait, Portal 2's always been 60 fps, right?

At what point is FPS negligible? i.e. the difference between 90 FPS and 100 FPS; 110 FPS v. 140 FPS; etc.

I didn't play that version but think ps3 version was locked at 30fps

that picture radiates big coombrain energy

Oh, I only played it on pc

I personally never think of it as the game _needing_ it, it just feels fucking bad and, even though I could, I don't want to play games that way.

Let me put it into perspective for you.
Movies are generally 23-30fps which has been a standard for years because that's all you need to watch a movie. Having a movie be 60fps looks cool but there's not really a need for it to exist.
For video games, having a high frame rate is really important. More frames = more opportunities for inputs which gives you an advantage over people with lower fps. For video games, the standard should be 60-120fps (but many consoles just run at 30-60fps instead). It's not noticeable for every game. But for games where you need to think quickly and act fast, it's very important to have a high fps.

Attached: FPS.webm (960x540, 566K)

True idorts don't give a shit, it's only those fucking faggot PEE SEE MUSTARD RAYS asswipes who push that shit so hard

If your game doesn't look like a bottom of the barrel PS1 disaster and can actually hold a bare minimum 30 FPS, then anything else after that doesn't fucking matter outside of personal preference.

I have the big stupid $2000 gaming rig alongside every console and as much as I love to max shit out just because it looks purdy, I can't tell you how many fucking game nights with my friends have been ruined because I tried to bring my switch over for something multiplayer and I had to deal with two tryhard faggots going REEE I SAW IT DIP FROM 60 FPS DOWN TO 59 THIS IS UNPLAYABLE

it's just so tiresome

Attached: 1521132858968.png (869x673, 146K)

It's not a selling point like it used to be because with the ps4pro/xbonx which were supposed to usher in a generation of the ability to CHOOSE 1080p60 or 4k~30, we instead got forced in between res with under 20 fps.

next gen is going to force everything at 4K and downscale to 1080p if you don't have a 4K screen with no change in fps

Depends on input device, monitor, and motion blur settings. Controller can get away with lower frame rates and not be as noticeable. With the precision and speed of a mouse it is much easier to feel the difference between changes in frame rate. For PC with m+kb I personally don't feel or see hardly any real difference between 90fps and 200fps. 200fps is very very slightly more responsive and looks a little smoother (assuming 60hz monitor no vsync). On a controller anything over 60fps will not feel more responsive and will only look slightly smoother, this is all assuming you have a 60hz display with vsync off. When you get something like a 144hz monitor the image will appear a lot smoother in these same cases but won't really feel any more responsive (200fps on good 60hz monitor has almost identical input lag as 200fps on good 144hz monitor).

Get your mind out of the gutter

I know, ok?

Attached: IMG_0023.jpg (850x608, 507K)

i don't mind 30fps if it's locked. dips in framerate are what really bother me.

Attached: 1551904827892.gif (370x266, 939K)

I "dont care" about it because its the norm for me anything below is unacceptable. The only 30 fps games worth playing are the Metal Slug games and even those would be much better at 60.