Microsoft announces plan to make the Xbox carbon neutral

As a result the new Xbox will be less powerful.

Attached: NejI0z3.png (871x761, 624K)

>make the xbox 360 use lead free solder to appease conservationists
>ends up causing RROD and as a result, millions of xbox 360s end up in landfills
classic

Attached: mcdonalds.jpg (580x472, 52K)

It will also cost less than the PS5 at least. Only the japs will buy the PS5 because they're obsessed with Sony.

Is this an admission that they can’t compete with PS5 on specs and are going to try and move units by moral preening? Since I can’t remember the last time an Xbox player really gave a shit about the environment.

>xbox 5 is just a PC with it's own sandboxed windows 11 install
how much would you pay

>Can't compete
What? MS destroys Sony hardware wise.

Hubris is a bitch

Maybe they should plan to make some games for it

I'm ignorant of that kind of thing, how does one thing relate to another?

you pay money to a company that does something like environmental recycling and calculate how much money offsets what your production does

PlayStation still sold more.

better carbon neutral than gender neutral

PS4 was cheaper AND more powerful than the xbone, that’s DESTROYING.

The Bone X being a sales failure and more powerful while being more expensive isn’t destroying anything.

Well, maybe the Xbox division future.

>carbon neutral
WTF does this even mean?

>Buys a console that was created using carbon neutral manufacturing
>Plugs it into an electrical grid powered by coal

Attached: Sessler-lrg.jpg (400x500, 68K)

getting tired of this propaganda
some people can't see the irony

Attached: 1473858055182.gif (320x241, 1.34M)

It means they're going to properly recycle the parts and probably plant a few trees instead of chuck it in a Chinese landfill

It basically boils down to paying off government officials

The xbox is trans

Spotted the filthy jews.
I'm not buying your solar panels.
Global warming is not real.
The planet actually likes coal.

Who gives a shit, I'll not buy your trash console anyway

Sony announced the PS5 will use less power in standby mode. Now I'm going to have to buy 10 to own the libs

Wow, just wow.
Did you not watch the video of a 16 year old girl crying in the UN?
You are despicable.

Don't assume compund

they pay someone to plant trees and pretend that they are green

Fuck coal and fuck solar. Nuclear is the real deal.

>Carbon neutral console
>No game to play, so supplying it with electricity won't be necessary either
Does this xbox variant come without a plug?

Buying carbon credits and donating to programs thats plant trees and carbon capture research.

What? Japan is def Nintendo Fans
Europe are usually the Sony fans, US are usually Xbox (this gen leaned more toward Sony for US tho due to lack of exclusives on xbox)

Top kek bro. Good burn. Anyway gotta get back to playing all my games on xbone.

l*btoid newspeak

This
This is purely marketing

Carbon neutral means they're not emitting any carbon into the environment throughout it's production, so unless Microsoft plans to plant an entire new rain forest, saying their flagship console that they're hoping to sell millions of is carbon neutral is a flat-out lie.

Might as well call it gender-neutral to boot.

Attached: 1321045823028.jpg (471x315, 32K)

What games? You mean some PS4 ports? Kek

Why dont they just shoot nuclear waste into the sun

Solar is fucking fine, it just needs to be scaled to an industrial size.

Other than it's remote location--or the fact that electric companies are corrupt as fuck, there's no reason why we can't build solar panel farms in the lower states where there's nothing but fucking desert. Same could be said about the Middle East, but they'll probably just bomb that anyways.

Attached: 1288766346824.jpg (640x480, 20K)

>Same could be said about the Middle East, but they'll probably just bomb that anyways.
I think it's one of the rare times where people actually learned from history. After all the bullshit the arabs tried to pull in the 70s when they dominated the oil market, nobody is willing to ever give them any kind of energy monopoly again.

Cost, mostly.

It's not even that, but I acknowledge your comment.

Solar panels are so relatively in-expensive that there's no reason why someone with a bit of land can't build their own farms. Half of it really is the electric companies making it difficult. California literally just passed a law where electric companies can't tax electricity you fucking produce yourself.

>Consumer-grade, reooftop solar panels technically feed electricity back into the grid, unless you build your own batteries
>Electric companies will actually charge you MORE per watt if you use less electricity
>They will also charge you a sort of solar panel access fee, because fuck you that's why
>And again, will charge you electricity you fucking produce yourself

Figurines a company with the name like Edison would be a bunch of greedy assholes.

>Tax you electricity you produce yourself

There's a reason why it's called 'Going Green'--it's an excuse for companies to charge you more for less because heaven forbid anyone is environmentally friendly.

Carbon neutral is newspeak, it means nothing.
Carbon offsets are also newspeak, they mean nothing too.

>>carbon neutral
>WTF does this even mean?

It means 'Fuck you, goy. Pay me.'

Attached: ben garrison-global warming aka climate change, pay me.jpg (780x577, 155K)

>solar panels are 100% reliable and effective

Lmao, dumbass zoomer

There's only ONE thing necessary for a console to be good:
Good games
Just fucking focus on making a must-have game at launch
Why do these companies not get this?

You retards will now have to pay more for your consoles because of the UN. Have fun

>Sticking words into someone else's mouth
Show me where I even remotely imply that--I used to WORK for a solar panel company--I know their fucking limitations.

Figurines a retard can't handle technology.

Attached: 1336337781913.jpg (447x351, 23K)

That's every piece of electronics made during that time
RoHS was a silent killer that went pretty much unnoticed

Are you ready for Microsoft to end you toxic gamers?

Attached: sjw microsoft xbox.png (876x656, 224K)

Japanese are nationalists, and at least trough the eyes of the normie nip, Sony is still a japanese console. They still didn't realize that the HQ moving to california changed the the brand completely, both commercially, as in game developing.

As PC bro, I do wish all the luck just for Nintendo, and want most of the japanese devs to move there. The emulators for Nintendo consoles are usually due 2~3 years after the console's death, instead of almost or more than a decade.

It's so clear when these guys open their mouths.

Attached: conservative low iq.jpg (465x746, 27K)

Energy efficiency was shit back then. That was the killer.

I was thinking on getting solar energy in my house to give the middle finger to the eletricity jews, at least on a percentage, but the initial cost is way too high. It is what I would pay in energy in 3 to 4 whole years just to install this piece of shit.

Attached: 1547789862952.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I'd genuinely like that so long as I can always use mouse and keyboard for single player games and such

The game injects you with carbon dioxide if you say nigger

From a technical stand point, it could that the electricity that you produce yourself has high harmonic content in which case it is a terrible thing to input into the grid. But I get your point.

Attached: thank-you-jesus-here-breathe-in-some-cyanidee-gas-30245752.png (500x488, 134K)

You probably got screwed over by that company. The one I use reduces my bill significantly during Summer.

It means you have an American education, user.

kkkkk oia o pato dormindo kkkk oia as ideia

did you know that all those "power of the cloud" datacenters that Microsoft owns are very bad for the environment?

Dang, I see the light now
I better switch over to Resetera for truly intellectual discussion