Should video game tournaments be held to the same standard as chess tournaments?

Should video game tournaments be held to the same standard as chess tournaments?

>Dipshit travels 10,000 miles to play in the Chess World Cup
>Several rounds into the tournament an arbiter notices he's wearing a hoodie and shorts, violating the dress code
>Gets into an argument with chief arbiter after he politely asks him to change into something more formal
>Dipshit tells him that this is impossible, as he has only brought with him this single pair of shorts
>While arbiter is distracted the chief organizer of the World Cup, Grandmaster Zurab Azmaiparashvili chastises him over his inappropriate attire
>When asked what was wrong with his shorts, he replied "Because you look like a gypsy!"
>Leaves the tournament on the verge of tears and buys a plane ticket home, wasting thousands of dollars in a tournament he only got to round three of

Attached: 2017 Chess World Cup - Azmaiparashvili and Kovalyov (1).jpg (1200x811, 141K)

Attached: 2017 Chess World Cup - Azmaiparashvili and Kovalyov (2).jpg (1200x839, 177K)

N

O

T

V

I

D

Y

A

K

Y

S

F

A

G

Based

some fat jew kicked me out of his deli because i was wearing flip flops. i tagged the back of his building a week later

i see nothing wrong with being dressed this way

On one had I feel like he should have known. An who travels so far with no extra clothing? Luggage? Where is he sleeping if he has no clothes? A car rental? No need to be a racist dickhead about it though. Like what kinda weird ass insult is that? A gypsy? Must be some EU trash.

I hope he sued.

I’d get it if everyone else was wearing suits or tuxedos, but nope, it’s not like the guy on left is really any better off there.

>fatty telling another person to not look bad in public
boomers are fucking disgusting

>Chess tournament
>Having a dress code
By the Emperor, they really are all colossal autists.

He should have known about the dress code beforehand
He has the money to correct your mistake on his wall. You can't even afford shoes.
It doesn't matter what you see.
can't sue when the rules are laid out beforehand and you weren't paying attention.

Be glad you don't know.

>It doesn't matter what you see.
no... it can't be... someone sharing their opinion on an anonymous imageboard!? what a fucking travesty!

>I’d get it if everyone else was wearing suits or tuxedos, but nope, it’s not like the guy on left is really any better off there.

He's very clearly better dressed, as he's wearing a polo shirt and clean, nice fitting jeans. He's also not one of the players in the tournament, either.

By his own admission the other guy "only brought one pair of shorts" which beyond being unfathomably retarded on it's own (the World Cup lasts over a week), also means that he probably had noticeable body odor in addition to dressing like a slob.

>plaid shorts
yeah fuck him

>Should video games....
>THIS ISN’T A SMASH BROS ROSTERFAG DISCUSSION THREAD NOT VIDYA GAMES!

A lot of players do actually wear suits, I think all the grandmasters do at least

They both look like they went to old navy, it's just one guy went to the jeans section and the other went to the shorts section.

>Grandmaster Zurab Azmaiparashvili
literally who

The only thing Chess World Cup proved is that they care more about how someone dresses than their actual skill. They basically ruined their image, and can't be taken seriously anymore.

You're missing the point. If the dress code says you can't be dressed that way, then you can't be dressed that way. It literally doesn't matter if you think his attire was appropriate. He was kicked out regardless.

Look at that autistic fatass in his gay white shirt trying to chastise someone else's appearance.

He should be fed to African kids. Fuck, if I were there, I'd lay that bitch out.

i thought he choose to leave and wasn't even kicked?
not that it matter, if those were the only shorts he brought he deserves everything coming to him

I just hate esports jerseys. They look so fucking lame, you don't need fake sportswear to play a video game

Attached: tanukana.webm (852x480, 3M)

And yet the old and balding fatass slob with the baboon lips got to stay.

Oh yeah, because people are clearly discussing vidya.
this is just a continuation of yesterday's chess thread.

He wasn't competing in the tournament.

The point still stands. It's blatant hypocrisy. Lead by example.

If he's telling someone that they need to dress a certain way, then he should dress by example.

>all the grandmasters

All players in the World Cup are GMs, the guy in the shorts included.

He wasn't competing in the tournament.

That makes sense. It's even worse to look at his attire and then remember that most of the other players in the room are wearing suits.

If he's telling someone that they need to dress a certain way, then he should dress by example.

And yet he's an ugly staff member who dresses like someone shops at Goodwill.

It's a joke

You realize it's not about utility OR style, right? It's because of sponsorships.

For some reason, I found this post far more funny than it really is supposed to be. But yeah, it’s not like your basic blue jeans and a polo shirt is anything but casual wear too.

>No you fool! You should dress appropriately in jeans and sneakers, like me!

I get that there is a dress code but the guy looks like a slob himself just as well. You're the chief organizer of the tourney, put on a suit ffs.

That's one of the reasons why "eSports" tournaments are fucking gay. Everyone is a walking advertisement.

Was he competing in the tournament?

Did resetera actually win? Why is everyone praising some shitstain for dressing like a kid?

>mfw i realize OP actually wants to talk about the chess tournament drama and not video games

Attached: 1560218488830.png (1176x1077, 650K)

Doesn't matter. Practice what you preach.

why is some random viewer insulting a chess grandmaster?

also why did the dude fly back instead of just buying pants

chess is better than video games

You only hate it cause its an experience you will never feel or taste. I bet walking around in one of those jerseys feels pretty damn good.
Why you such a hater? Bitter jealously? Well of course it. No other reason for it.

That guy didn't even tuck his shirt in, and probably isn't even wearing a belt.

The worst part is Smash rosterfags dont even fucking play Smash, they just bitch about who's "relevant" enough to get in and who's not.

This is the same board that unironically called King K Rool an "unfair top tier" when the game released

so what's stopping you from going to /tg/

Actually pretty fucking gay on the part of the organizers. It's not a black tie event and the guy's tacky shorts aren't even that offensive. It's not like he walked in wearing a speedo. Kind of makes me think they people there just had it out for him, probably because he's young and they're a bunch of old farts.

Also to answer your tangentially related question: no.

I wouldn't want some gypsy looking fucker here either, fuck gypsies.

>dress code says don't dress informal
>dress informal
>get kicked out
So what part don't you understand?
I assume the dude chewing him out is the arbiter mentioned in the post

Go talk about it on /tg/ then

>I bet walking around in one of those jerseys feels pretty damn good.
It's like people only do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad.

Attached: 9153911.jpg (266x266, 42K)

Nothing. I don't really think chess is better.

The man who kicked him out wasn't dressed formally. Why wasn't he kicked out?

*farts*

Attached: 1562075797286.png (664x563, 172K)

Both of them would get thrown the fuck out of any place that has proper dress codes, I really wouldn’t dare to sperg out on others if I were wearing scruffy jeans and a polo shirt that looks like it was bought from a discount store.

Because the dress code is a bad joke.

Gypsies are complete subhumans they have no redeemable qualities. Calling someone a gypsy as an insult is common in any country that has historically had them

why doesn't the arbiter, the rule enforcing man, have to follow the rules? couldn't he himself have dressed better to such a prestigious event?

>Ruining the GM's stinky days.

Attached: 1553743803246.jpg (300x461, 44K)

He wasn't competing in the tournament

That kid is the world chess champ.

I saw a picture of that girl in a bikini once, she has suprisingly big tits

Attached: ööööööh.png (970x856, 842K)

>Azmaiparashvili received heavy backlash from the global chess community for this incident, including a condemnation from the Association of Chess Professionals and calls from other players demanding that he be removed from his organization roles.

Seems to me like bald fuck is just an ass.

nothing racist about calling someone a gypsy, they aren't a human race.

>they should spend 100 hours a week for less money and just be grateful that some stream monsters watch them

see

>dress code
NOO YOU MUST WEAR THE UGLY MEME SUIT THAT IS IMPRACTICAL AND EXPENSIVE AND DESTROYED TRADITIONAL FORMALWEAR WORLDWIDE

Attached: 1563302557658.jpg (233x217, 14K)

>dress informal
>get kicked out
i see nothing about competing or not

And yet he's professionally involved with the tournament's organization. Yet he's dressed like some slopass.

Get the fuck outta here with "he wasn't participating in the tournament". Staff should be dressed formaly and professionally, not like some average joe off the streets.

Video games can easily be rigged. Chess can't be rigged unless the person is paid to lose.

Attached: 10_04_Clinton_RM525.jpg (811x1200, 511K)

What even is a gypsy? The only time i've heard that word besides this chess drama shit was in that old disney hunchback of notre dame adaptation.

>travel to another country
>take one short
These people must be shot.

They have a point and the kid really is dressed like shit. However, their dress code is pretty much fucking worthless if they're going to accept jeans and a filthy polo shirt as "acceptable". If you're going to have a dress code for a formal event, enforce a state of decent dress, not some lower than casual friday bullshit.

Guy on the left looks like he's about to sling back a shitload of rakija and pass out in a geo metro.

Basically anywhere does that, high school never fucking stopped for anyone

>Just turned 28
>Tired of dressing like a teenager
>Bought some more fitted jeans instead of baggy shit
>Got a proper leather belt instead of all those anime/video game seatbelt style belts
>Got some proper black shoes instead of cheapo fake chucks I was always buying
>Quit accessorizing with a hoodie every day and started buying other kinds of outerwear like plaid shirts, buttonups, or even just going out in a plain shirt if the weather is nice
>Cut my greasy fucking ponytail I've been growing for like three years now and got a proper man's haircut
>Suddenly bitches cling to me left and right like it's high school all over again
>My boss at work takes me more seriously too

And I still get to keep my bullshit video game dungeon rooms at home with all my anime figures and shit, it's a win-win

Just fucking take care of yourself

>israel flag right behind the guy
lmao

>arguing for formal attire while wearing polo shirt, faded jeans, and sneakers

Like all other insults, it just means "thing I don't like."

Faggot

gayzilla fag

LMAO the guy on the left is literally a filthy Jew. The Jew flag next to him is just icing on the cake.

What's your best puzzle rush score, Yea Forums?

Attached: 29nr3.png (1563x804, 147K)

he is PARTICIPATING in the tournament if he's an arbiter retard
he's fucking staff, he's photographed in media like the very picture you posted, and he doesnt give enough of a shit to tuck his shirt in

I don't understand

is the guy on the left supposed to be more formally dressed than the guy on the right or something? he's bald, wearing a striped polo and jeans

America has no GITANES? America lucky!

Attached: 27A5F335-3642-4280-A1F3-A56238CB51DD.jpg (849x852, 57K)

this
guy probably smelled like shit,retards pulled the dress code card to not embarrass the other retard in public and it all went to hell.

>Chess? I'd rather drink water

>is the guy on the left supposed to be more formally dressed than the guy on the right or something?
>he's bald

Yeah he should have changed into his more formal headwear.

Roma gypsies

this

The whole event is going to be televised and photographed. If the staff had any shred of self-awareness and respect, they'd dress in a suit and tie like the competitors are to follow tradition and adhere to the standards they impose.

Attached: simul-in-1940.jpg (686x558, 66K)

Please just stop you fucking moron

Attached: 1569078224531.jpg (768x1024, 114K)

Imagine spending hundreds of dollars out of your own pocket for some nice, hand-crafted, tailored shirts of good material and a couple pairs of fitted slacks properly cared for and ironed, only to show up to the venue and see some fat slob with an untucked polo shirt and a pair of $15 jeans lording it over the dress code.

Jesus I'd be so pissed

ehh faggot

Arbiters should be held to a higher uniform standard because they have to be identifiable as official staff members, not look like stray bums wandering around the play area.

Reminder that chess players are LITERAL autists.

Attached: chess savants and high functioning autism.jpg (1145x815, 685K)

the nigga on the left is dressing like it's 10 years ago. he looks like a retard.

You'd probably lose to him.

>Yeah he should have changed into his more formal headwear.
This, but unironically.

Attached: Patrician.png (536x640, 421K)

This is really a Tradition vs New generation thing

yeah no fucking shit

you get triggered over someone else clothing ? that's pathetic

>man in a ugly polo and generic jeans chastises someone else for wearing a hoodie and shorts
Imagine telling someone else they're not dressed formally enough when you're wearing a fucking polo and jeans.

>Lol ur just jealous

What a gay thing to say

100% off-topic thread, the story isn't even true and OP got it from a garbage Yea Forums thread.

Better than being a shameless walking advertisement. No dignity

Remember that the next time you get into a debate about income inequality.

>making money bad

You can say that the arbiters
>should
do whatever you want, but if something isn't in the rules it's irreverent to the actual event.

The guy was asked to adhere to the dress code, and evidently refused (or was unable to because he traveled 10,000 miles with nothing but a single pair of shorts to wear) and dropped out of the tournament after getting butthurt. The dude looks like he just got done panhandling outside the tournament hall, if he doesn't have ANYTHING that's at least passable (e.g. a button-down shirt and some slacks) he shouldn't have come to the tournament to begin with.

Wagey cagey

You can't post something like that without provide sauce

I'm a paramedic, nutsack. I make a cool couple thousand more a month than you do

Fuck that cunt looks familiar, he looks like one cunt I knew from high school that had to chime in with "UM ACTUALLY," or to act like a faggoty know it all. His face and attire are very punchable.

lose some weight Zurab
get that fuckin mole removed

If you're going to behave like a pompous ass, you might as well complete the look.

Attached: hugh laurie.jpg (1060x1558, 159K)

To be fair to the kid the judge looks like he's cosplaying Homer Simpson. If you're going to bitch someone out at least get some slacks.

Who cares?

Shower

they pay you that little for picking up crusty morbidly obese heart attack victims all day?

>Becoming sellout good

I don't get how hoodie and shorts is any less formal than polo shirt and jeans.

wheres the proof of that user

Attached: 1562372278401.png (382x491, 124K)

Obviously you did if you're spouting that wagie in cagie shit like the assmad child you are

About $22/hour, yeah. And in my neck of the woods it's dipshit rednecks

Here, made me look for it

Attached: tanutis.png (1166x1154, 2.86M)

N.. NOOO! YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME FOR MY CLOTHING THIS IS ABOUT CHESS!

Attached: 1561213143614.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

thanks a lot user, they are indeed bigger than they seem

Attached: 1540470429023.jpg (960x720, 112K)

This, but replace clothing with political opinions

Lol Brits dress so fucking stupid

Don't worry, that user is a fag but this user got you back. There's more cute pictures out there too. Just Google Tanukana

Attached: N3H0L06.jpg (640x852, 60K)

thanks my man

>Video games can easily be rigged
Name 7 instances of this actually happening.