It's better than the remake

It's better than the remake.

Attached: 8625-1.jpg (1530x1370, 2.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vipBNCaRgcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>said only by you

Said by anyone with standards.

lol just started dx and honestly everything holds up really nicely.
I dont mind the new art style but its just cannot beat the original with added features like the framerate drop

No, it's not. Feel free to keep living in a delusional bubble though. It's cute watching you struggle in agony from the outside.

schizpost

Plebians prefer the remake

Purists prefer the original GB release

Enlightened ones realize the Oracle games are better than both

You're the plebian

The remake has worse music and performance problems

but the dungeon maker seems kinda cool

>completely redone enemy AI
>free-scrolling overworld (no screen transitions)
>dramatically reduced item swapping pauses
>increased difficulty with Hero mode (2x damage, no heart pickups or fairies)
>can actually do a 3-heart run now, adding even more challenge
>don't have to scroll through walls of text anytime you get a powerup

This is basically a perfect remaster/remake. The original has nothing over it in terms of gameplay.

Attached: 1569113129385.jpg (441x400, 93K)

low quality b8

But it's current, popular and looks like a kid's game. So it's bad!

The remake energized me to play DX because its just sitting on my 3DS and I've never played it.

the first 2 hours are great. the music and the world are wonderful and the characters are charming. Dungeons are short but mostly interesting and the bosses are more unique than most modern Zelda fare.

But after a few dungeons it shows its flaws:
Text boxes are sloooow. if you don't have an item equipped for a particular obstacle and so much as bump into it, the obstacle will arduously tell you that you can't pick it up or run through it every time.
When you get more than 4 items, you spend most of the game in the menu just to get around the world and explore. The power ring is the worst offender. If you have it on you can lift rocks and bushes but you CAN'T push certain things unless its unequipped.
The overworld map isn't very useful. There are walls on the map that actually have holes or stairs that are blocked by a single rock in the overworld and there are wide plains on the map that are blocked by terrain that isn't marked.
The color dungeon's boss is a joke. When you hit it for the first time and wait a second like a sane person to see its attack pattern, a text box appears
to tell you "green is good, yellow is caution, red is danger" and resets to blue. Thinking it was an actual zelda boss, I tried using different items for different colors but it kept resetting to blue every time. I looked it up after a while and it's a DPS check. The text box is irrelevant and stupid.

I'm gonna keep going because I like this game over all, but it is seriously dated.

This.

Oracle games got nothing on LA. Bigger does not always equal better.

Those are all improvements, but they're all minor improvements so I still don't see the justification in paying $60 to play this over DX.

Based and oraclepilled

>implying LA and its shit game design "hurr lets throw le bomb pot at le door to open it xd" isn't infinitely worse than the Oracle games and their varied puzzles and minigames

The only problem I have with it is the music just feels underwhelming compared to the original.

I'd rather have a shorter, more tightly crafted experience than a bloated game filled with "variety" - i.e. padding.

The best improvements were the controls, imo. bracelet is now passive, pegasus boots dash mapped to L button, sword and shield get dedicated buttons. Now I'm not constantly swapping out items every time I want to lift a rock or dash through some weird crystals.

Price doesn't factor in a discussion about each version's quality. The remake is a better game.

Who said anything about paying?

Why doesn't jumping have its own dedicated button?

>thick and dense content is padding
The damage control is real

DX IS a remake.

The swapping out items never bothered me that much. In fact, I always thought it was hypocritical that fags always used that as a complaint towards the Gameboy Zeldas yet LttP gets a free pass on it despite only having one item slot. Fuck LttP fanboys.

Played the original 3 times and DX twice and I went into this remake determined to hate the fuck out of it.

But the reality is that apart from the occasional frame rate drops it’s a perfect remake.

Sure $60 is overpriced, but if you love the original or have never played it then it’s worth it.

damage control for what? The oracle games have never had, and will never have the same reverence as Link's awakening.

ALTTP has the sword, gloves and Pegasus Boots always active and the shield is automatically out, of course item swapping isn't nearly as frequent in it.

Dedicated sword and contextual pot throwing and run button. You're not making an argument here.

I’m really disappointed they didn’t include full analog movement like they had in ALBW. It feels jarring to play using a stick and is a major step back

Nah, the original is better
The photo sidequest is one of the reason why I find this game so memorable. Guess which version lacks that sidequest

Dunno, I've essentially made X its dedicated button by leaving the roc's feather there since I've obtained it. I use the other slot for the boomerang or hookshot or whatever I need at the moment. Only having to worry about that, and not leaving yourself shield-less in the process, has been fantastic.

>Guess which version lacks that sidequest
The original, dumbass.

Link's Awakening is inferior to the Oracle games in pretty much every aspect. Link's Awakening is still a great game though, so don't feel bad.

I like the original

Attached: Zelda - Link's Awakening_03.png (160x144, 5K)

>the original doesn't have the sidequest

Well shit, I guess that the remake isn't the worst version of the game now

this is actual pasta that a real person actually saved to their personal computing device. we truly do live in interesting times

And me. Actually play the original

feel free to keep telling yourself that.

The original also doesn't have the Color Dungeon, the tunics and have a worse ending and title screen graphics

Remake (2019) >= DX (1998) > Original (1993)

I don't have to. Keep trying to convince yourself that I'm not right though.

Even the ending of the original is much more impactful than the remake's.

who cares about the color dungeon and tunics though?

the tunics really trivialize an already easy game

The remake has Hero mode which is the only way to make Link's Awakening not braindead easy.

Would it be possible to have a romhack of the original that allowed for more button mapping?

I like the remake but despite how short it is, it feels kinda pointless to continue. If I was replaying the original, I'd just be replaying an old game, which I do a lot. When it's a remake, it gives me the false impression that I'm going to experience something different. Playing what feels like a new game but knowing everything that's going to happen next makes it feel less good.
I'm happy that it's mostly good apart from performance, I just question if I should have spent $60 on it.
I hope we get some original 2D Zeldas now that I don't need to buy two Nintendo systems to experience them along with the 3D ones.

Why is the framerate SO bad? This game looks terrible visually. Is the Switch really so weak?

>>can actually do a 3-heart run now, adding even more challenge
What was stopping this in the original game? I know there were some enemies that hit for 4 hearts worth of damage in certain places but you could avoid them.

I think you were forced to take heart containers after bosses.

>tfw you can play the Color Dungeon but not have to take the tunic and make it easy mode

I really just wanted the miniboss chambers anyway.

It unironically looks a lot better, because that new "plastic" graphics style is peak soullessness, literally looks like any other of these cheap indie games made in unity using a quirky cartoony artstyle to cover up for a lack of artistic talent.

Attached: 311112.jpg (1147x825, 118K)

The Oracle games are terrible. They take the backtracking and item gating that a 2D Zelda would normally have and bump it up to an excessive degree, which always makes the exploration feel like a chore. LA is more focused and condensed, so it doesn't really have that same problem.

It's not the Switch's fault. They fucked something up bad. For fucks sake, when a text box comes up from an NPC, both the resolution and frame rate drop.

>constantly spamming the screen-filling inventory page to do more than 2 things at once
>better than the remake
Yeah no.

Attached: 1568658976990m.jpg (1024x843, 165K)

>I hope we get some original 2D Zeldas now that I don't need to buy two Nintendo systems to experience them along with the 3D ones.
Same, this remake made me realize a new one could be great. Being able to have both 2D and 3D Zelda on the same system is a dream come true for me. The 3DS already did it, but in that case the 3D Zeldas weren't new, so now I'm hoping we can finally get new instalments on both sides.

Me?

Too bad Flagship isn't a thing anymore at Capcom, since they'd be the obvious choice.

der zoomer

>changes your save file name to THIEF
heh, nothin personal kid

the colors looked wrong and soulless. The original looks the best

Attached: 1551377385230.jpg (480x363, 37K)

This. It’s just like Bloodstained’s switch port, incompetent devs that just shipped the game instead of trying harder

Does the remake not do this?!

Same with that new Kirby game.

The original 3DS version ran at a silky smooth framerate with quick and snappy menus. Now the Switch port slags and runs at half the speed the 3DS version did at best.

I think Nintendo does it deliberately to pad the game time and to make you focus on the graphics, which aren't even that good in these Switch remakes of handheld games.

you can't put in a stereotype like that in 2019 goy

I tried doing this on the remake but the shopkeeper got a lot faster turning around. does it require the pegasus boots to pull off now?

Was there ever a way to undo that.

No idea, I haven't played the remake myself
with a hex editor on a rom maybe, I think you're fucked otherwise

Is there alternative menu music for inputting ZELDA as your name this time?

they really dropped the ball on the framerate. never thought i'd see that on a nintendo game

EU ZLA > JP ZLA > US ZLA >>>>> shit >>>>>> switch ZLA

youtube.com/watch?v=vipBNCaRgcQ

Yeah, Breath of the Field ran a silky smooth 30fps at all times.

that's somehow worse than botw here

EVERY original game is better than the remake. You say this like it's some sort of amazing revelation. Jesus fuck.
DO NOT PLAY FUCKING REMAKES.

It pisses me off. I feel like I’m getting FPS dips from playing on an emulator.

Attached: nie ohne kondom.jpg (320x288, 20K)

its game

>it is seriously dated.
If only there was remake with QoL improvements

There is a QoL rom hack that gets rid of the dialog box for stones, acorn, power tri, and etc.
Regarding slow text, i have a button assigned to fastforward. But yeah item swapping can be a little annoying.

Yes, it's still in.

It's harder to pull off but it can still be done. Keep trying.

Yes, there is. Also for calling yourself totakeke and there's a new one for MARIN.

Why can't Yea Forums cope?

Attached: 1568900434807m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

WindWaker was bad

Attached: 1548907574115.jpg (527x516, 29K)

Is this strictly for (You)’s or are you an actual hipster? Imagine the insecurity it takes to want to play a worse version of a game, on outdated hardware or emulation, for the express purpose of seeming “cool” or different.id love to know your tastes in music and wardrobe. Unironically kill yourself

seasons is 100% better but ages is a fucking slog to play through by the 5th dungeon.

Imagine taking the time to shitpost about a game like half this thread.

someone post the brain explosion meme.
Links Awakening DX
Oracles
Minish Cap

>died in first dungeon
>save file says I died
>Locked out of secret ending

I hate this shit

cus its 50-60 bucks for a remake that feels like a 30-40 bucks game and Yea Forums is neets without money

Currently struggling with a decision
I could grab it for either 47 bucks or get the LE for 80 bucks from a workmate but the steelbook is kinda shit and dishing out 33 bucks more for a big box and a book seems kinda steep
Scalpers bought everything everywhere the minute it was up
LA is one of my favourite Zeldas but the LE is kinda disappointing
What do

Git gud, they made everything even easier in the remake.

>they made everything even easier in the remake.

They really didn't.

>Moldorm has more platforms now so it's harder to fall off
>first room of dungeon 3 has a picture of a pot on the door
And this is just what I know from seeing clips, they made it easier.

I can relate, I died a couple times due to my own stupidity/lack of preparation. Might replay it next month

The remake should be nowhere near DX, the framerate sucks, the ost sucks, the graphics (subjectively) suck and the blur effect can suck my taint. Some of the bosses are annoying like the cyclopse and didn't transition very well.

Ernsthaft?

I just miss the mouse. The trade for Dampe wasn't worth it.

what is wrong with germans?

The new one is better from a gameplay perspective.

This. I'm not buying that shit but it made me pick up the original again and holy shit is it grossly in need of some QoL changes.