WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT HAVING PHYSICAL MEDIA IF YOU NEED TO INSTALL IT ANYWAY FUCK SONY FUCK XBOX AND FUCK JANNIES

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT HAVING PHYSICAL MEDIA IF YOU NEED TO INSTALL IT ANYWAY FUCK SONY FUCK XBOX AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: img_57642e91768a0.jpg (650x300, 22K)

because sony profits from blu-ray sale, if not they would just remove physical medias entirely

no need to download the game and well you can give the game away to a friend or sell it.

Blu-ray drives aren't fast enough to stream an entire game at a reasonable speed. Also with the prominence of patches/DLC it's easier to just install it all to one location. Physical media on the PS4/Xbone are just glorified license key discs, some publishers are taking it to another level and not even including the full game on discs. Activision in particular with recent games are basically just a 200MB installer.

discs are too slow to read from

>uhh yeah consoles are great because it's just plug and pla-

>98mb of themes
What the fuck? Why do you have so many installed?

its a random image from google

>Blu-ray drives aren't fast enough to stream an entire game at a reasonable speed
This , did ppl foegey the fuckikmng load tomes onn ps3 games

exhibit A of why gaming peaked in the 6th gen

If the whole reason for buying a console is to not worry about upgrading it then why did the ps4 pro come out?

Attached: 1567443289857.png (462x418, 234K)

Practically every game has an update to download on Day 1. There might as well be nothing on the disc but a product key considering how big some of those updates are.

based stroke poster

Consolefags main arguments against PC have been slowly falling apart this gen.
>You actually own your games because you have a physical copy
>Meanwhile full games are often not included on the disc and often what is shipped needs a big day 1 patch to fix bugs
>Disc only functions as an installer and to verify you own a license for the game
>Constantly say you don't have to upgrade all the time
>At launch consoles already running outdated PC hardware
>30FPS caps with dips everywhere
>Base consoles starting to struggle to run games

Have fun playing a buggy unpatched version of a game, some games can't even be played without a download anymore. Discs are a license check nowadays and nothing more.

CDs are just license-checks now to download the proper software

i cant even play my RDR2 without a 2 hours data disc download

Yea but goty editions often have all that on the disc and for rural areas with data limits it can be nice to have a 1-3gb update instead of 20gb.
Why not give people options?

Download =/= install

I have way more than that, there were many themes bundled with day1 editions of games as well as plenty of free ones over the past few years, some limited time only. I think my themes are about 1.5gb now which isn't much since I have a 2tb drive.

So you can resell it later

Attached: BEA79F11-EC39-490B-97EA-81B3DDFF5594.jpg (2050x1536, 537K)

Can uodate your game disk? Seems like a rip off if you cant even do that when there is some space left

Of course not

I used ti buy physical games until I found out it's basically just a Blu-ray with a bootloader for the download. Pretty useless. I just buy digital now.

>not immediately installing 2tb HDD and a 3tb external HDD
Lmao

>not immediately being a snoy cuck of digital media

Consoles are just plug & play & only PC's have installs, right?

That's going to bite them all in the ass sooner or later. Even brain dead idiot normies will eventually realize there's no point picking up the new console if there's just going to be a better model in a year or two that all the games are built for.
If Sony is extra stupid and release two versions of the ps5 at launch like they claim then that will make things ever worse.

Damn.... This really says a lot.... about our society.....

Funny how nintendo doesn't have this problem. I can buy a game, insert the card, and start playing it immediately without having to download any day 1 patches or do anything else.