The Surge 2

This game comes out today. Anyone planning on playing it?
youtube.com/watch?v=xezCII893aY

Attached: 709654231559745402.jpg (280x378, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbH9JmtTxvk
youtube.com/watch?v=UDB1b1tvBBw
youtu.be/vbH9JmtTxvk?t=669
youtu.be/vbH9JmtTxvk?t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=UPPFaab4We4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm planning to get this on sale

It's already on sale. You can get it for $40

If it's anything like first one it's $20 too much

Already bought it, just waiting to get my key. I'm hyped as fuck. I deliberately avoided watching any gameplay so I'm going in completely blind.

no

going to pirate it because I'm a poorfag. it looks fun.

I am but I'll wait for all its content + bugfixes (surge 1 dlc was alright). So I'll probably play it sometime in a year or two.

yeah i loved the first surge, better level design than any souls game

Thought the first one was pretty shit but I'll pirate this one and see how it is.

I loved the first game, but honestly this just looks like The Surge 1.2. Probably will buy in a few months when it’s on sale.

I still need to beat dark souls with guns before I play future dark souls 2

the surge doesn't really play like a souls game

If you liked the first game why wouldnt you like more of the same?
It plays more like dark souls than remnant from the ashes (game user is referring to) does

Jokes on you, Surge actually has a pretty meaty and impactful combat unlike DS2

>dark souls with guns
what game are you even speaking of. surge just has you melee save for a few weak side abilities that you almost never use

Already preordered it. First time I did that since 2006 and that's mostly because I already played it and it was fun.

Wasn't too impressed by the main game but absolutely loved the park DLC.
If it's more of the latter I'll definitely check it out.

do you get something extra for preordering?

>that final boss on a misty field of grass
At least they stole the right kind of aesthetic from BB and Sekiro for it

According to Steam:
>Warren’s most iconic weapon from The Surge: the well-used Cutter
>The full-body URBN armor set
>The URBN Judgement Axe
>The URBN Skimmer Drone
>The Lootscan.exe Radar Module
>A unique online message icon.

Though I actually didn't even know that until I checked.

In general I feel like TS2 takes a lot more from Bloodborne than DS, down to nicking the idea of Quicksilver Bullets for Omni-Cells. Not that I mind, it works better this way.

Probably that Remnant game

>In general I feel like TS2 takes a lot more from Bloodborne than DS
Yeah, it's pretty obvious with the addition of Bloodborne-style charged attacks.

oh okay, didn't really pay attention to that one

So, given that people apparently already played through the pre-release version, does Warren even make any appearances or is he confirmed dead?

I'd say it's more like the DLC due to more open areas and better enemy variety.

Honestly, charged attacks really grew on me. Get a heavy duty weapon, slap on RHINO armor and take them to Slam City

They already confirmed Warren to be alive in one of the devlogs. He's part of the main quest from what I've seen.

More like the The Turd 2. Do you fucking expect me to buy your shitty game after playing the shitshow that was the first one?
>Full heavy armor equiped maxed with nanite, implants that boost my defense and stability, over 400HP
>Whoo-hoo here I come!
>A middle game tier mob havels your entire HP in one swing.
Yeah fuck you.

>thread full of ad shills

>its a shill if the game isnt made in japan or gets my peepee hard

Boss list is amusing
>one boss is fought 3 times through the game
>he becomes the final boss
I thought the Code Vein was supposed to be the anime souls

Attached: 1545727417452.png (205x276, 82K)

>why would anyone ever do something like that, go to someplace popular and shill - it makes no sense

The game comes out today, Is it not allowed to talk about new releases on Yea Forums?

>Already bought it, just waiting to get my key. I'm hyped as fuck. I deliberately avoided watching any gameplay so I'm going in completely blind.
>"talking about it"
k

>a single thread about a game that releases in 5 hours
Clearly, marketing is in overdrive.

lmao keep bumping retard

that is how it always worked on Yea Forums you fucking newfag. marketing starts at 6 months for a week, slows/stops then picks up 1 month until release, then 1 week it ramps up until release
>shill posts would never seem natural
>advertising on Yea Forums never happens and has never happened

Jesus fuck that's next level delusion
First one was a plain old copy gameplay-wise to cash in the craze and was absolutely horrid
They at least improved the game well and added things but it's still a fucking clone

"you will play her game, right Yea Forums"

>paid marketing group running Sunny D-like posts and threads on Yea Forums are the same as this
get a load of this future doctor

>They at least improved the game
As someone who actually likes the first game a whole bunch, no they haven't. They just added a few weapons and changed the leveling system a tiny bit.
It amazes me that so many people seem to think this is some kind of massive leap. It's literally the same game in the same engine with more content in a new setting. Only thing they added to the gameplay is that directional parry system.

Attached: the_surge_tripping_the_pax.webm (711x400, 3M)

>if you don't hate it you're shilling

enjoy your buyers remorse posting

I liked the first game, even being "it's more of the same" I'll enjoy it at absolute worst. You're not thinking this out very well.

Attached: 1551389250180.jpg (850x850, 79K)

>As someone who actually likes the first game a whole bunch, no they haven't
Judging by the gameplay vids, yes they did.
They've changed the drone to an actually useable state with minimal delay on activation
They've added bloodborne style charged attacks, except both for light and heavy attacks
They've revamped the set system so you can now mix and match
They've revamped the energy and chip system
They've added status effects
Looks like the levels contain new exploration tools like ziplines and gravity lifts which should fit nicely with their style of level desin.

reviewer here.

its better than 1. bigger, and more options.

ask me anything.

>i liked the first game
even more posts to back what im saying

I'm going to assume you're being stupid on purpose.

Trash graphics and ugly artstyle
pass

How are the boss weapons?
Are 2.0 still a bitch to get?

>not a new IP address
Hit the button on the back of your router, dipshit. Or more likely, hit Airplane Mode on your phone.

Attached: 1561013061180.gif (256x256, 6K)

Is the setting and story as tight as the first game or did that suffer in the pursuit of customizable protagonists and more diversity in locations and bosses?

Is the game completely confined to the city/forest or is there some additional environment they haven't shown?

>just buy it

>How are the boss weapons?

the one i have is reliable and useful.

>Are 2.0 still a bitch to get?

not really trying, I'm on a deadline so i try to avoid grinding and min maxing to make sure i have the review ready on time.

its funnny, because attacks are easily avoidable with a huge BB style dash dodge, but even if you cant manage to competently grasp one of the basic mechanics of combat you can build around how shitty you are with mods that allow lifesteal and free heals off of generated energy

I WAS BORN!

No, I'm saving my well earned money for a real Soulslike copy game, Code Vein

Attached: e1a0695510972b8170c55b5ce5c8ed64.png (906x572, 341K)

does the combat differ from 1 in any way

That trailer is too cringe so no

the attack animations still look like the mc is twirling around like a mouthbreathing ballerina
it looks fucking stupid and i can't take the game seriously at all
i'll try it again but i don't know man...
does anyone think this looks cool or even acceptable ?

I got the first game free on PSN, but I'm unsure if I want to get this one right now, too much on my platter these days.
If Twin-Rigs and Hammers are still fun, I will consider it.

>still two hits and you die
Fuck off with this shit. Setting is unique but wasted by Deck 13's retarded attempt to be "ORIGINAL" relying too much on stupid fucking combo jump kick bullshit instead of keeping simple parries, guardbreakes and ripostes from darksouls.

>Is the setting and story as tight as the first game or did that suffer in the pursuit of customizable protagonists and more diversity in locations and bosses?

the level/world design is incredibly tight and full of nooks and crannies that connect and cycle back to familiar locations. always feels like you are making progress by opening passages up and making short cuts.

>Is the game completely confined to the city/forest or is there some additional environment they haven't shown?

its totally urban for the most part since the entirety is set inside of a cyberpunk city that is under siege. think sci fi Yarnham. some parks and recreation areas, but generally you're in a cyber nightmare metropolis.

things felt distinct enough thanks to the art direction.

im waiting first for code vein ill see if i play it after that

sauce pls

I hope they don't gimp the armor percentages like the first game to make it more "souls like"

you have more weapons which have more varied attack animations and you can charge your attacks. also some augments have the effect of giving you indicators for which direction to parry which is extremely useful since it can be really hard to tell which direction an enemy will try to strike you.

first time posting ITT retard

>more souls like
Armor actually protects you in Dark Souls, in this piece of shit you die in three hits to anything.

>some augments have the effect of giving you indicators for which direction to parry
doesnt that turn it into easymode

Yes, user. It's totally the player's fault that the heaviest possible armour is as flimsy as tissue paper after I wiped spunk into it.

Is the duck/hop stuff still in the game?

About time the marketing team appeared.
Oh you mean the dodge that has no I-frames and enemies 180º telegraph your moves?
>Look all my life steal and energy generation broooo
>haveltherock trades your blows one shooting you
>Nothing personnal Warren

no, because you still need to time the parry which still is tricky since the enemies tend to draw out some of their attacks slightly longer than you'd expect.

it makes it more viable so you can put more points into stamina or battery power and basically be a glass cannon who cant take more than a couple of hits. remember- this is an augment that takes up a precious slot that could be used for other things...

I will play it eventually. I liked the first but it wasn't worth 60 bucks, or even 40. It would need quite a lot of improvement in pretty much every single aspect of game design.

yes and no.
its been replaced by upper and lower parrying.

Attached: 75588162_p0.png (906x1539, 858K)

i am actually really tired of this dark souls style games. we already have darksouls for that and these games arent that different from them to make me want to play them.

Seriously fuck this game for lack of armor and no poise. The slightest fucking tap cancels your shit, armor doesn't do dick and lack of I-frames with enemies that sbap change direction to hit you instead of gradually turning is bullshit. It's not difficulty it's fuck you artificial horseshit like Dark Souls having player weapons clip on walls but enemies with big fucking swords and halberds can noclip through walls and hit you just fine.

Ok fag I just want to know if heavy armor means something this time. And how about the poise levels of the mobs. Still facetaking a heavy charged attack of a 15kg rebbar?

git gud

>180° tracking
I remember this from the first game. Shit was hilarious. I got one of those big lunging grey "dog" like enemies to initiate a jumping attack and have it track me all the way around a corner. God damn, son.

Or the axe boss in the security team, who would slide on the ground and change direction completely mid slide to track you

That said, I loved making fun of surge 1 for jewtube and will be doing so again for surge 2. It's almost reached pic related status.

Attached: +_c85752381eeed0a9b0c2aacfb7fdce9e.jpg (240x200, 17K)

>hey guise this is like dark souls buy it
[hand rubbing heard in the distance]

it feels balanced almost the same, IE- the odds stacked against you...

but the flip side is that enemies have noticeably less HP than they did in 1 so they don't take forever to take down. It isn't the mobs you really need to worry about- its fucking snipers.

It's Dark Souls but everything about it is shit except for the setting, what a waste. I prefer sci-fi to repetitive castles and dragon fantasy shit.

Have you tried not dodging into a sword?
Just hop backwards and slide boost back in if you want to follow up.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah boi

Twin Rigged is really the only twirly one. You're grafted to an exoskeleton so it doesn't bug me.

Does it still have I WAS BORN

thats not even the point im making. The whole point of the cerberus armor is the set bonus for damage boost. By the end of your first ng cycle you have the mods to make up for stamina consumption of the set as well as high tier health boosts to keep up with the damage scaling of the game. With speed/impact mechanics the cerberus armor already trivialized the damage dealing portion of the game. If youre getting hit that much you should be able to mod for a larger health pool to compensate instead of blaming the armor for not being able to soak up more damage due to your mistakes

better level design than dark souls

no

Now there is a more stagger based punchers.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbH9JmtTxvk
>that twin rigged move where you turn into a meat grinder

Too bad the rest of the game isn't better. Such a simple concept of poise, stat management, iframes, weapon boosts and Deck 13 needs to put in retarded shit ruining it.

Does it have an adequate equivalent?

no proper muliplayer = no buy

TODAY? What the fuck. I thought this was months away. I'm a neet and I still don't have nearly enough time AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>all these salty dark souls fags itt

Attached: 1453312977018.gif (348x323, 2.32M)

>better level design
I enjoyed the first one, but come on. Every area looks the fucking same

why would this be a hang up? I just dont understand

So when can we expect the Soundtrack? Don't much care for The Surge: Another Attempt but the boss themes are pretty sweet.

Only one Souls game had proper poise and i-frames make you throw yourself into swords to avoid them.
Why would a game need to rip this off?

sounds like you are a shitter

>a factory looks like a factory
whoa
And aesthetics are not the same as level design. The single checkpoint design of Surge levels is actually fairly solid

>best argument for his game is "well at least it's not [other franchise]"
Last time I heard that was by a Tales-fan shitting on Final Fantasy when, no matter how shit FF gets, Tales will always be worse.

because I really wanted it in, but there's other stuff. for example I do not buy games that have day 1 dlc or pre-order boni, on principle.

graphics =/= level design

Jesus, I already liked the first game more than Souls shit desu, but this looks even 5000 times better.

German engineering?

He's talking about how every area is a single bonfire with nothing but shortcuts until the area ends. The level layout does approximately what Dark Souls 1 did at the start, but then never stops doing it.
I guess it's not 100% as clever as that, since it doesn't give you shortcuts to the same area from a different bonfire by this design. But then Dark Souls only ever did that for half a game.

poor quality bait, and doesn't look good for your game when you have to drum up hype by shouting down any criticism of mid-air tracking with "git gud" :^) Market harder mien freund

is the first one any good? is the DLC a must have?

>ds2
>not meaty weapons
you can fault ds2 for a lot of shit, but are you trying to tell me that shit like UGS/UGH/bone fist don't feel good to hit shit with?

Is the tech scrap timer still there? I lost hundreds of thousands of scraps because I couldn't find them again in time because everything looks the fucking same.

>here's a game
>I LIKE OTHER GAME
>well, I like this one
>WELL YOU SUCK
>no you suck
>YOU GUYS ARE INSUFFERABLE!

Attached: 133458965932.jpg (1279x945, 157K)

fair enough

First game did so many amazing things not even 10/10 games do.

-you can either equip only one armor part or, by keeping the button pressed, equip the armor part and all other respective parts. something almost no other game gets right.

-you can check all upgrade level stats of your weapons any time and on this decide if they are even worth it.

-you can level gear up all way to the max level immediately if you have the required materials and don't have to go through the other levels first. this way there is no piss easy but time-consuming grinding of shitty materials. that's absolutely amazing. monster hunter can and should learn from this. fuck those boring low rank quests i had to do at rank 999.

-all the drone abilities are helpful somewhere and fun. the shield, the projectiles to lure enemies, the one that immobilizes them and so on. especially in souls 3 you can ignore all the magic shit and aren't missing out.

i pre-ordered Code Vein so nope
i still need to play first Surge so i will do that before checking surge 2

Attached: 1529339897242.png (1468x861, 1.79M)

Also:

-the whole augment system is more complex and way more fun than the shitty rings in souls. kinda its own mini game comparable with monster hunter decoration.
-counter attacks and backstabs are there but they aren't shitty mini "cutscenes". gameplay is not interrupted.
-parrying is not that hard to pull off and not that risky which is good. it's almost useless for pve in dark souls because the window is so small (otherwise it would be overpowered in pvp).
-jumping is more intuitive, less invisible walls, can jump almost everything, especially fucking fences and take on levels the way you like.
-there is perfect timing for every attack for when to combo into next attack for a stamina bonus. every weapon really feels unique and has to be mastered.

>-you can either equip only one armor part or, by keeping the button pressed, equip the armor part and all other respective parts. something almost no other game gets right.
WHAT
how the fuck have i missed it

-crafting and loot system is reasonable. there aren't enemies that randomly drop certain types of "chunk". you can clearly see what an enemy will drop.
-full sets actually have unique skills which means there often is no "better or worse" and it adds personality to every set.
-high replayability with hidden stuff everywhere you couldn't make use of or new doors to enter in the new game+
-actually comfortable to play, no anti-fun autismo shit for children that doesn't respect an adult life style. you can pause the game any time and also store your "souls".
-redpilled. guy behind all this shit is a (((berg))) and this marketer you hear and see everywhere in the game is a cliché multiculturalism propaganda poster boy
-fresh for this genre, not another medieval game with wyverns.
-different body parts and hitzones (cutting limbs à la monster hunter for better droprates and advantages). you either target blue body parts (no armor) for a damage bonus or orange body parts (armored) for a 100% scrap metal droprate for this armor piece.
-positioning actually somewhat matters for bosses, especially because they are actually big and not just guys with swords.
-not overly focussing on iframes.
-interconnected, complex world with many shortcuts.
-okish sidequests and characters (who actually move their mouths) for this type of game.

Dark Shit and even Monster Hunter can take note.

yes
yes but its highly overrated, people only think its so amazing because it finally has different environments

how long is the game?

yes

no

The first one goes for fairly cheap in sales and should be worth at least that much.
Walk in the Park is a bit short, but pretty good. I'd recommend it.
Western DLC is just a middeling way to farm cosmetics. It's not bad, but it's far from essential.

You and everyone else, because the game never tells you can do that

almost twice as long as the original.

Talking about the first game.

first game was about 6-10 hours.
the entire game was set in one large factory.

>-you can either equip only one armor part or, by keeping the button pressed, equip the armor part and all other respective parts. something almost no other game gets right.
+1

Attached: 1388690753939.gif (720x720, 36K)

more like 20h first time playing, even up to 30h if youre shit at the combat

Took me 14 hours on my first run.

>-you can level gear up all way to the max level immediately if you have the required materials and don't have to go through the other levels first
loved this

The full playthrough with DLC took me 35 hours
I did full exploration though

Still trying to decide between this and CV

easy choice
are you a weeb or not

why not both

CV's gameplay looks fucking dreadful

Code Vein has online elements, anime style and probably the most in-depth character creator this side of Saint's Row 2. If any of that sounds good to you, you know what to do.

>CV
If anything about this shit looks even remotely pleasant to you, you should just kill yourself.

Could've sworn that it says "hold whateverbuttonitwas to equip set" or something at the bottom.

>no mention of actual gameplay
Lol, that's weebshit for you

20 hours is a good estimate for vanilla. Walk in the park is maybe 3 or 4 hour. Western DLC is longer, but mainly because of grind.

Under 12 for me.
I don’t min max or grind. I just try to get by with whatever I find and press on.

so 40 hours? Nice

it has better combat than surge 2

The drone was always really useful. That tractor beam stagger pull was fantastic, especially for heavy duty weapon users (stagger them while you wind up your first hit, then they're locked into your attacks until they die). Most of them were useful in some way. Did you only ever use the ranged laser or something?

same, waiting for it to come out, im willing to sacrifice sleep over this

translation: i dont explore

gonna be a late one. thankfully it's launching at 11pm here, not long to wait

Can't compare it to Surge 2 because so far I've only seen one person play it. I want to give Surge 2 the benefit of the doubt and believe that it has more than one singular playstyle. For Code Vein meanwhile I know you can play in different ways.

The problem is the atrocious delay. It had 3-4 second delay prior to activation which greatly reduced its usefulness. In second game it looks fast as fuck

play the first surge and there you go

I'll get it on a sale with all DLC.

I fully explored everything, found and listened to every audio log I could find, and clocked in 20h on my first run. That's completely fine IMO, longer than my first dark souls 3 run.

Sure as fuck doesn't look like it. The movesets are as simplistic as fucking Ashen

>German game
>drops in Germany at 00:00
>on a fucking monday night
Verdammt nochmal, warum tun die mir das an?

Attached: 1537049101905.gif (300x168, 680K)

>sci fi setting
>no guns

Attached: EEKfD7SXkAcTuQ_.jpg (1121x1093, 138K)

Oh cool. I've avoided watching gameplay so far, only a few hours left. There was definitely a wind up time in 1, but I was used to the speed of heavy duty weapons so it felt about right.

this, but unironically.

>east coast burger
>be able to play the game as soon as I get home from work
US wins again baby

Attached: shiggy.png (296x231, 102K)

There's guns, they are attached to your drone so your hands are free
Some enemies have guns and sniper rifles too.

Fucking why would anyone want it??
1 one played like a budget single player MMO. mediocre as fuck

Attached: D__nRLSXUAAi0xM.jpg large.jpg (2048x1538, 631K)

Some enemies have them and your drone. That's it.

I mean Lords of the Fallen was trash and Surge 1 was trash, is 3rd time the charm?

First game had a reason for this, because it was literally just a factory where everyone went mad and attacked each other with power tools.
Well that was it initially. God knows why the security also had hammers and staves.
I think at this point they just dropped any pretense. Although that one user mentioned snipers earlier, I think...

it had less multiplayer elements than any other soulslike, how was it in any way like an MMO?

Way too few bosses in 1 at least, and some of those had gimmicks I dislike.

I'm going to get Code Vein instead since it'll actually be a game made by competent developers

I wish they've re-introduced the gauntlet from lotf

Attached: 1543782350120.webm (1024x576, 2.73M)

>pee pee hard
>game developer good

Attached: 1550143866158.png (644x800, 15K)

>play lords of the fallen
>its fucking suck
>this was made by the same devs
Did they really made a non shit game or I'm getting memed here?

>God Eater devs
hahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1554685556798.png (317x350, 140K)

>not getting a yellow "extra vacation pass"

Attached: Arbeitsunfc3a4higkeitsbescheinigung.jpg (1683x1187, 1.59M)

>gravity lifts
Aren't those just exo-lift replacements?

just pirate the first game and see for yourself

>sci fi setting
>no telekinetic augments to actually compliment melee
imagine being able to harpoon a nigga with brain power and then reel him in for a nasty combo

>all these cool mid-budget games coming out like Revenant From The Ashes, Greedfall and Surge 2
>my 1080Ti died two weeks ago, sent it back to be replaced under warranty and there's still no word from the vendor, I'm stuck on a shitty 770Ti in the meantime

Attached: 1541893395733.jpg (540x720, 33K)

You can harpoon niggers with a magnetic drone ability though

>tfw 750ti bro
*sips

So you're saying you find the dude on the Surge 2 cover sexy? That's gotta be a yikes from me, mate.

>code vein
>competent devs
lol

I actually forgot about that because I never used it, but its not the same. I dont even remember what I ran on the drone because I basically ignored it

You're gonna get them with all the fixes + additional content. Nothing to be worry about.

Attached: gunsouls.png (668x700, 909K)

I'm really interested in this, but I'm worried having fairly recently played Sekiro would make it hard to enjoy.

does it have npcs?

I lied the level design in the first one. Then again I thought all the signs and ground lines were neat.

LOL why? the first game sucked dick

first one had more npcs than bosses. Most of them actually had worthwhile side quests as well. I dont see why they wouldnt include something they actually got right in the sequel

I watched some gameplay and it actually looks pretty good but I'll probably wait to get it since my backlog is massive

Surge 2 has guns.

I would feel that way if this was dark souls 4 or something, but luckily the combat (while nowhere near as good as sekiros) is still a fair bit better than souls

just got a key, never played the first one, am I gonna be lost? how much of a soulslike is this?

Aren't there entire bars and headquarters full of NPCs now?

Stamina management, find checkpoints that fill up your health and healing items and let you level up, if you die you lose your currency and have one chance to get it back. Also enemies shear enormous amounts of health off you.

no but i'll pirate it and then forget i did

It was implemented post release. Same update as being able to put your own music in the med rooms.

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!
Absolutely I loved the first game but it had a lot of flaws
Still I loved the cyber souls feel to it

Attached: 1530137063987.png (261x226, 86K)

>how much of a soulslike is this?
Very, but without multiplayer components. Well ok 2 added messages now.
It still does a lot of minor things differently, often to its advantage.

Based anime poster.

>redpilled. guy behind all this shit is a (((berg))) and this marketer you hear and see everywhere in the game is a cliché multiculturalism propaganda poster boy

I thought he hung himself in the first one. I feel like that character was a parody of iPhone shills.

>I thought he hung himself in the first one.
Yeh.
Now we'll never find out if Rome was built in a day. I didn't know the answer to that one.

There are actually guns. They are rare and for the player they are used by your drone.

For enemies some have assault rifles, sniper rifles, and deployable turrets.

I present to you: Project Utopia.
AI can't kill us if we merge with it first.

Attached: 1554919398899.jpg (2875x1442, 309K)

>put your own music in the med rooms.

What fool would ever replace prisoner?

>State your reason for vacation.
>I want to play a video game a day early
>Sehr gut.

I WAS BORN got old after a while man. I never replaced it because I didnt care that much but it still got old

Someone who has a lot of Weird Al in OGG format

Attached: Weird Al Yankovic.jpg (790x395, 64K)

Nein, nein, nein! I want to be funktionierendes member der society!

i replaced it with this
youtube.com/watch?v=UDB1b1tvBBw

first game was mediocre but showed promise with the Firebug fight. if the have more Firebugs and less Black Cerberuses it'll be a pretty good game.

>dFw can work when I want and still get paid
heh

There had fucking better be chain and whip weapons this time around

>less Black Cerberuses

It appears there is one boss that resurrects several times through the game.

>LOL
faggot
>the first game sucked dick
it really didn't though. It was a perfect 7/10 game, enjoyable. Hopefully the second is 8 or 9

>game lets you kill niggers
Based

Are there any fun enemies or joke armor?

Does the iron mouse armor return? I know there is a bit with the actor of Iron Mouse.

Attached: the-surge-a-walk-in-the-park-2.jpg (1200x675, 178K)

this game is the very definition of souless

doubt well see any in base game, but I really liked the theme park dlc. I wonder if theyll be able to hook some bullshit in like that again

It's more like surge 1 with your basic focus interactive open world rpg. More like elysium, not greedfall.

i kind of want to get it but I know the first one wasn't great, hmm....

Yeah, it uses scrap instead.

>I know the first one wasn't great
If you played the first one, this is gonna be generally the same.
If you didn't play the first one, maybe buy that for cheap sometime and actually see for yourself.

Probably. The dev team seemed pretty responsive to fans in 1 so they probably will try to get in the thing that everyone liked.

I heard they vastly improved on everything from the first, though. Basically expanded on what they started and made it better.

They did a dev stream earlier today. Basically acknowledged every problem i could list in surge 1 (have roughly 300 hrs split between ps4 and pc) and explained how they tried to improve on it in surge 2

> it's almost useless for pve in dark souls because the window is so small (otherwise it would be overpowered in pvp).

have you never played dark souls in your life or something?

>That Betty Boop psycho killer cannibal.

What were your big problems in Surge 1 and how did they address them?

he probably only played das3. Thats the only way that statement makes any sense

Well if you didn't like what they expanded upon, you probably still won't like it then, will you.

but parrying in ds1 was completely braindead, parrying in ds3 was much harder without caestusfaggotry, albeit only slightly

The first one was shit so I'm not interested.

Not him but I didn't like how armor was useless for damage soak, that the hop and duck defense moves were difficult to execute and not worth using, and how the adrenal model was a necessary OP.

Some of the levels can be very bland and can be painful to playthrough. Like Biolabs, the tower, and R&D which is just one really long maze. From what it looks like in Surge 2 they actually added variety with environments thanks to the city setting and seems to look much more like the kino level design of a walk in the park and surge 1's better areas. Enemy variety kind of sucked and some were a pain to fight. like slow dudes with stupid fast attacks, those fucking nanite masses. unpopular opinion but the dogs are aight once you learn the proper method/weapon to use to kill them but they can still be a pain in the dick sometimes. ganks often suck and the one advantage to the drone was bait tatics. In Surge 2 there is now more weapon types and double of basically everything which defintely helps as well as robots with parts you can cut off and what seems like no nanite mass type enemies which is a huge plus

>it's almost useless for pve in dark souls
>he fought Champion Gundyr without parrying

Attached: Smug.png (544x597, 205K)

Also every enemy leaps like a goddamn homing missile.

were saying the same thing dog. I am agreeing with you

my reading comprehension is not on point tonight

Attached: allevidencepointstoyes.jpg (665x574, 25K)

the thing that sucked about the "parry" system in 1 was that it was not viable for every enemy. If you knew the AI it was wildly effective for certain enemies, but was useless against others because of the way they attack

>no nanite mass type enemies which is a huge plus

How could you not like death wind mills that travel at mach1? How?! How?!

Attached: images.jpg (258x195, 8K)

based fucking lirik

Attached: based fucking lirik.gif (810x540, 2.19M)

>he fought Champion Gundyr without parrying
Easier to just dodge, why bother

The spin to win enemies i actually really like lol. No I was referring to the OTHER nanite enemy in the game that isn't a boss

wait the ones in the dlc? I really liked those

>really liked staves
>now there's a spear sub-type that looks like it has an even better moveset

Attached: 1565244298286.png (500x500, 41K)

The sense of dread when you walk into the executive forum and find out that they are dead and the girl who helped you was a manipulative AI who glitches out and shuts down in first game was actually pretty well-done.

Spears may be a bit boring but their moveset is top-tier because of the range and speed. The damage ain't bad too. Not to mention they(and the staff) get the best Cross Combo in the game.

I think people don't give The Surge enough credit when it comes to the atmosphere. That's why I felt like it kinda did the Souls idea justice in SciFi because you could just feel like the place is Fucked. So far TS2 seems a bit weaker in that aspect which is a shame.

I had no idea this game was coming out.

bought the first one on a whim and its shit
i hope the second one is better
not that i'll be buying it hehe

>even better moveset
muh dick

oh I'm referring to the ones in the rocket area. the ones you have to overcharge and do 5 different things just to kill

He's talking about the blobs. The ones you need to do a contextual button press on to kill after you did a billion damage to them.

Nah I'm gonna buy Code Vein instead. It looks and feels superior in every way.

Attached: 0d122a55.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Daily reminder that this song was about the final boss

yeh no ok, fuck those things. Worst enemy in the game

Bingo. fuck those blobs

t. Shitter

I'm playing the game right now, never played the first one but this one looks and feels so low budget, looking at some surge 1 gameplay I don't get that impression

Thats how the first Surge played like though.

>Dark Souls having player weapons clip on walls but enemies with big fucking swords and halberds can noclip through walls and hit you just fine
Oh fuck. Does Dark Souls 2 fixes this shit?

it i wasnt so shit at this genre of games id cop it asap but i never beat the first one. really enjoyed the first from what i played. definitely played more of the surge than darksouls.

Attached: 1512232151632.jpg (800x725, 261K)

I kinda remember liking the first one. But I can't tell you why which is usually not a gold sign.

dark souls 3 didnt even fix that shit. Looking at you specifically pus of man and giant snake men

you are retarded surge was never dark souls with guns thats remnants.
i don't think surge even had gunplay.

I WAS BORN...

Just had a drone that could pew pew. Or set everything on fire.

IN AN AMISH PARADISE

No, the game doesn't look interesting, if I want something similar and better, I could just play FROM games more.

thats not really gunplay in the least

>better level design than any souls game
Weak bait

Doing sick wheelies in the wheelchair was good, if they kept that through the game it wouldve been more entertaining

>make a souls clone
>no multiplayer

Attached: 1566404976491.png (1228x1150, 191K)

Do I need to play the first one before this?

Joke's on you, I played all Souls without multiplayer as well.
It's a shitty gimmick.

MC of the first game shows up here and it continues the story from the looks of it

>make a souls clone
>don't have to shit on the entire single player experience because of PvP faggots
looks like a win to me
Yeah, and they still ruined 85% of the build variety because of patch adressed to PvP, you can't dodge that fucking shit

World was dying to a toxic atmosphere, so they launched rockets at it that were even more toxic, but they didn't know that, but they kept that up for a while, because management wanted to save face. Then they switched to a different plan as the atmosphere increasingly fucked everyone up, and management decided they would turn all of humanity into nanite zombies. But just as they were debating whether to launch the thing, the nanites became semi-sentient and broke out(I think this is what happened) and the entire factory/launch facility broke down and everyone in it went crazy. A video game occurs and then there's two endings, one where the first toxic rockets were supposedly fixed with a patch that may work or maybe not and one where all of humanity supposedly turns into nanite zombies. I don't know which is canon and I'm not sure what happened to the nanites that broke out and caused all that havoc.

Attached: up061591.jpg (2048x2048, 3.42M)

>They've added bloodborne style charged attacks
So did DS3, and that meaningless unless you also implement proper damage escalation and poise breaking. On all weapons, and properly on all bosses.

DS3 has some sexy stuff with it, like with how the 1H axe movesets have a lot lifted directly from Bloodborne. But the enemies do not have their poise values lifted from Bloodborne, so its meaningless.

Also I should've put that into spoilers.

>tfw my favorite streamer becomes a sellout just to play this trash

they were able to properly implement and adjust stagger/poise break values with multiple weapon archetypes, armor/flesh targeting, as well as the speed/impact mechanic in the first game. Im sure they'll do a decent job of it

>favorite streamer

Attached: 1569165299714.png (441x451, 142K)

>favorite streamer
They were always a ''''sellout'''
Bad news, I'm afraid that's what you like if you actually particularly like a streamer

>So did DS3, and that meaningless
What the FUCK are you talking about
Several of DS3 weapon types live and die by their charge attacks
You can literally go through the game knockdown locking shit with any pokey UGS

Ela?

>where all of humanity supposedly turns into nanite zombies
And by that I meant 1% of humanity because they were kinda really fucking desperate at this point and management sat in an ivory tower and just circle jerked about this until everyone was deluded enough to keep going with this.

>infinitely pancaking watchers
good times. I hope theres a heavy with a golf swing in ts2

The first project actually worked for restoring the planet, it just fucked up humans slowly.

In DS3 a lot of weapons have completely useless charge attacks in PVE and bosses.
For PVP its a improvement because you never know if its:
1. Light attack
2. Heavy attack
3. Partially charged heavy attack
4. Fully charged heavy attack
5. I.e axe triple heavy attack combo
Its good for PVP, but its not good for the rest of the game.
Then again, DS3 PVP is a lot worse than DS2 PVP, even if DS3 has a lot more mechanics to improve it.

Attached: heman.jpg (571x570, 58K)

Charge attacks in The Surge 2 actually have special properties. First of all they instantly break "attachments" such as shields, cloak generators or adrenaline boosters some enemies have. Second, They change depending on what kind of limb you target: for example with the heavy duty it's either a fast poke followed by a slam or a jumping smash (that's for verticals, horizontals are different) so each weapon type has 4 charged attacks total. Additionally, they have different properties such as knocking down, pushing away or launching enemies. So they have a lot more use than the shit they tried to pull in DS3 if you ask me - it was a nice idea but it barely mattered.

>In DS3 a lot of weapons have completely useless charge attacks in PVE and bosses.
Not at all. The modifiers on many charge attacks are fucking crazy and in many cases (like Midir or non-Stormruler Yhorm) a well-placed charge attack against an opening will deal more damage than trying to consistently R1 the boss. Not to mention poise damage.

As for pvp i don't agree in the slightest, DS2 had a shitfest of pvp all around and fucked up the invasion on the very basic level, high-level pvp was just an ultra passive turtle fest where the first one to attack always lost. DS3 at the very least had fantastic NG invasions that overshadow pretty much everything else in series save for maybe bloodborne invasions when they actually worked.

Attached: HOT CROSSBOW ACTION.webm (1024x576, 2.83M)

I was torn between getting this and Code Vein but after watching some gameplay of both im confident in my choice to go with this.

The devs seem pretty cool too, one of them was in Elajjaz's chat earlier.

Dodging and general movement looks really jank and it has this whole "Unreal Engine demo assets feeling to the VFX and shit, from what I've seen of that 13 minute gameplay that came out earlier this month.
Hrmm, not sure. Might just wait and see what the general consensus is.

>launching enemies

Attached: MUH.jpg (552x437, 26K)

youtu.be/vbH9JmtTxvk?t=669
Best example I could find. It's really satisfying too but the weapon takes a bit of practice otherwise you're gonna get fucked with it's slow startups.

youtu.be/vbH9JmtTxvk?t=23s
There's a better one in the beginning
You can even juggle them for a bit

So is it as bad as the first one?

Everything you hit in both this game and Code Vein look like you're just swatting at shit with a feather duster.
Theres no weight or "meatyness" to the hits like there is in DaS, BB and Sekiro, and it really bothers me.

Well Dark Souls sinks like half its budgets into animating hit reactions for everything at every angle so it's hard to come close to that.

I would say that's a subjective thing, I like the hit weight in The Surge because most enemies actually react to it. In CV it's a bit of a mixed bag, especially with the lighter weapons and it's different poise system but the Greatsword felt pretty heavy to me.

Thats what he's talking about genius

There is definitely more weight in Surge2 than there is in Code Vein.

Every one of this companies souless dark souls clones have been terrible, Surge was slightly less terrible but still garbage. Why would ANYONE buy this shit for anything less than a 75% sale, at best?

Attached: 5644.png (591x527, 527K)

I will at some point but I'm too swamped with other shit for now. Loved the Surge 1

Surge 2 looks like a completely generic sci-fi third person game we've seen a hundred times. I have no idea why anyone is excited for this, let alone want to play it.

It's looking much better than Surge 1 with added parries and impact.

Because I disagree with you on the quality of Surge 1.

>Yea Forums
>popular
pfffttthhahahahahahaha
No one and I mean no one pays attention to this shithole and they bloody well shouldn't.

Attached: 1518160263648.jpg (1000x989, 106K)

>they removed proficiency system
Nice

Oh boy, a wojak picture I didn't have in my filter yet. Thanks.

FUCK I REALLY LIKED THE PROFICIENCY SYSTEM. Shit was great once you figured out what weapons you really liked

The Code Vein thread is laughing at us, bros...

Stop shitposting in both, retard.

pirating because i already bought astral chain and daemon x machina this month.

The proficiency system was retarded as shit it literally did nothing but add single digits to your damage overall for using a weapon the entire game

have you played the demo because it aint that great. why do you think every thread devolves into a waifu circle jerk?

who cares. this shit has always plagued the community. At the base of the matter we all like souls, and/or the various "souls like" titles that spawned to some degree. Thats why were here discussing. Just have your fun

you underestimate my autism

>nigger music
And im out.

not an argument

Why the hell can't they just use normal music, not this ghetto shit.

I appreciate any system that rewards dedication regardless of the benefit. Sure one level= one damage, but there was no reason to ever make a new character so having 50+ proficiency in twin rigged down the line was nice

>those animations
>dat music

No thanks.

>Aris plebs calling this game trash because Aris is a brainlet that doesn't even know how to get armor by the first boss
jej

He does this shit on purpose to get a rile out of the chat and bait people into donating him help. It is pretty shit he accepted the sponsor. At least he is transparent enough to state that up front but I still liked him better when he just played what he wanted and not what he was paid to play.

After watching gameplay footage of both the first game and this one, it seems they've improved the responsiveness and speed of combat to a degree. Not only that but the first game's camera seemed way too close to your character and they pulled it back in the second one.

Looks like they've improved stuff overall from the first game, desu

Attached: 1551563550783.gif (400x400, 325K)

>It is pretty shit he accepted the sponsor
Why?

I’m going to pre order it when I get home today. I’ve seen enough gameplay to be impressed

What's the up side? Now corporations have a hold in him and are telling him what to play and think of their game. You can't be unbiased and be accepting cash at the same time. The good old days are over of him just being a fan like us. Now he's basically an employee of the company hired to advertise it.

>What's the up side?
You get money.
>Now corporations have a hold in him and are telling him what to play and think of their game
You're allowed to criticize the game.
>You can't be unbiased and be accepting cash at the same time
Why not?
>The good old days are over of him just being a fan like us.
Do you think he would accept sponsorships from games he isn't interested in?
>Now he's basically an employee of the company hired to advertise it.
No he isn't.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

>doesn't understand how money influences opinions

N/m, didn't know who I was talking to here.

the iron maus armor is in, it has a nice set bonus, it's a bit hard to get though

Imagine blaming money for the supposed lack of integrity from an individual.

was the first game THIS ugly?
the sun light makes everything look washed up

Attached: 11898990.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

except the garbage animation lol

Hopefully it has a nice character customization, gonna be fun for a few days until Code Vein.

when do reviews go up?

>spins your camera into a 360°

Attached: BigSISTER.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

code vein runs denuvo right? thats whats killing it for me

So close

>The.Surge.2-CODEX

YEEEEEEET!

>Ready to launch in approximately: 50 seconds

Attached: hat dance.gif (88x128, 103K)

kek that was fast

Been playing it for a few weeks now for a review. I really liked it but i must admit i never played the first one.

Yes, it's still there. You can combo off of it now though.

>It's here

Attached: 8c670b6348b53c3b33300ef12580f425.jpg (736x552, 48K)

>no drm
i wonder why

Is the game's story very close to the first? Rather not play or need to know what happened in the first game.

What the fuck did you expect from a 2013 hardware?
Please look with your fucking eyes the image you posted.
>Missing SSAO
>terrible aliasing
>terrible anisotropic filtering (look the fences)
>low textures
>half the envioromental shadows are missing
>1080p
The only thing that looks good is the hair of your toon lol

>*inhales*

Attached: Untitled.png (279x95, 3K)

how the FUCK do you leave a review after playing for 20mins.

Review copies bro.
Also it dropped to 71, Game Revolution left a pretty brutal review.

this thread is literally filled with shills. dont bother reading it.

It is a continuation of the world itself, with the consequences from the first game persisting.
The lore might be useful to know, not the store so much I imagine

>narrative impacts on the final score
I fucking hate when reviews do this, but yeah the surge 2 is a 7 type of game

Attached: 56858520.png (913x401, 41K)

Ela literally got paid to play Remnant, so this is nothing new.

Who the fuck is Ela? Of course this happens every day, doesn't make it a good thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPPFaab4We4

>summonshitter

pointing and laughing at you

>play on low
>game looks worse

WOOOOOOW

review embargo's.

Looks like the bosses are still the only downside of the whole formula. Glad the rest got improved

Game Revolution pretty much nailed the whole issue with these games. If you going to rip-off a formula at least improve on the idea.

Attached: 1566951619752.png (500x500, 76K)

>bro just improve on the greatest idea ever created
Souls will never be improved upon, it's perfect.
These soulslike games still bring their own unique takes on it that make it a fresh experience.

>Souls will never be improved upon, it's perfect.

Attached: 1564629547191.jpg (750x741, 53K)

just downloading this pile of junk, if it´s like the first one it´ll keep me entertained for only a few hours. surge was too janky for me and i played trough ultima ascension.

Remnant is not very much like DS.
There is only one DS with guns.

Attached: immortal-unchained-review-790x413.png (790x413, 547K)

Just watched ACG review. Looks good, I'm buying it.