How do you feel about guest characters in video games?

How do you feel about guest characters in video games?

Attached: 1549810210435.png (1280x720, 892K)

Attached: t.jpg (600x571, 51K)

Pretty neat, but too much guest characters and you get autistic rosterfagging

They're great when used properly. Stuff like Kratos in Mortal Kombat or Snake in Smash Bros is awesome. Stuff like Darth Vader or Yoda in Soul Caliber and Negan in Tekken is just stupid

Honestly why did he decide to put Akuma in the story mode? Kinda concerning.

It's getting kinda ridiculous honestly

They're fun!

>Stuff like Darth Vader or Yoda in Soul Caliber and Negan in Tekken is awesome

Fixed it for you.

Negan is the best Tekken guest character tho

From the OP pic Akuma really looks like a lion, even without the SFV hair.

Not a fan. It´s silly, rarely it´s a character that fits well with the game and it´s work that could be done with characters from the actual game. Besides, if you main that character you´re guarateed to lose your main when the next installment of the series comes out unless it´s smash

Depends on how well integrated they are.

I'd say the biggest problem is it will probably be gone in the sequel.

Lore wise, it depends on the game. I never been attached to fighting games lore that much so it does not bother me personaly.

Harada still wants Tekken X Street Fighter to be a thing.

Mortal Kombat X had decent guest characters. Alien, Predator, Leatherface, Jason Voorhees.

Wish Freddy and Jason were guests in the same game

>Akuma looks better in T7 than SFV

The Star Wars characters in SCIV were trash because they don't fit the aesthetic and thematic style of SC at all.

Negan fits perfectly in Tekken, both in terms of appearance and his personality.

Love em

>Link was in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2
>GameCube version was the best selling version of 2

>Negan fits perfectly in Tekken, both in terms of appearance and his personality
No he fucking doesn't , are you on crack?
Not to mention his animation quality is much lower on top of everything

Tell me why he doesn't fit.

now they went full force with
Terminator
Spawn
Joker

Sometimes they are a weird addition, but sometimes they feel just right.

Attached: stay_down.png (1095x1947, 3.55M)

I generally enjoy them as long as they fit the general theme of the game.

I don't care unless if its Geese.

Dante in viewtiful joe was pretty cool to see

Attached: 1568838405533.jpg (457x557, 60K)

not him but to me Tekken's always been dumb anime fighting bullshit with crazy diverse people all over the place and now this grounded in reality zombie killing baseball bat guy doesn't have enough to make him "stand out" other than the fact that he's in a popular TV show, if you didn't know about TWD he'd just look out of place regardless, he's just too realistic

>'Negan was chosen as the fourth guest character for Tekken 7 partly due to Katsuhiro Harada and Michael Murray being huge fans of The Walking Dead TV show and Negan's character in it, and due to them thinking he would be a "perfect fit" for Tekken.'

Not a fucking fighter
No fucking style
Has a damn baseball bat
Shit animations
Guest from a series with nothing to do with martial arts in the first place
Low fucking effort on his voice lines and animations

>not a fucking fighter
lol
>no style
what about bears, gigas or miguel
>has a baseball bat
yoshi and maven have swords

..............................................Pissin' our pants yet

Wasn’t it also because of the Tekken comic adaptation by Image?

>Not a fucking fighter
What does that even mean?
>No fucking style
What is Nina's "style"? Or Claudio's? Plenty of the characters in the series were not designed with a specific real-world fighting style in mind, or are some mish-mash of several styles. Negan's flavor of "beat the shit out of people" is just as valid as anyone else's."

If you mean from an aesthetic sense that he has no style, then you're just baiting.
>Has a damn baseball bat
Yeah, and Alisa has chainsaws, and Yoshi has swords, and Devil Jin shoots fucking lazers out of his eyes.
>Shit animations
That's an issue of implementation and has nothing to do with whether he fits thematically in Tekken.
>Guest from a series with nothing to do with martial arts in the first place
You just mentioned Kratos as a good example of a guest character, retard.
>Low fucking effort on his voice lines and animations
Another issue of implementation.

>Akuma
I bet he loves akuming lol

Kratos in Soul Calibur was a far, far better inclusion than his shitty MK version

I consider them essential for fighting games nowadays, unless they're anime fighters.

They're good if they suck.
I'm a HUGE Tekken AND Walking Dead fan, and Negan is still a bizarre and dumb choice for a fighting game.

You now remember this

Attached: Nicole_vs_Ryu.jpg (800x450, 82K)

Fucking this. Who the fuck asked for sunflower Topbun Akuma?

Based.

I always enjoy them

Not gonna lie, I still have mixed feelings of "whoah, cool" and "what the absolute fuck" whenever I think that Akuma is not only canon in T7 but also vital to the story.

With him actually influencing Mishimas actions and fucking shit up, Akuma is now more important to the story than 50% of the og cast

Attached: owl.gif (350x199, 871K)

Miguel has no formal style either

Generally speaking I prefer not to have them but there's a good amount of cases of it being handled well. In the case of fighting games, assuming its a series I like, I'd either trust the developers to make a new character that would be interesting or they could bring back an old character that's not in the current game, and I would always rather those two over just pulling in a crossover character.

Turns out after all the other top tiers got nerfed Akuma became the focal point for tier list seethe, who knew?

Attached: 1.png (1303x727, 1.54M)

Does this mean SF and Tekken take place in the same universe, or does Tekken have it's own version of Akuma?

all fighting games happen in the same universe

i did

It still blows my mind that Akuma is a part of the official Tekken lore.

what do you mean
many players considered him a very strong pick in s2
knee put him in his top 5
and he got buffed as fuck in s3
also what top tiers got nerfed lol
steve and geese? lol

Akuma didn't get buffed in s3 he just didn't get nerfed. Steve, Geese, Kazumi, Jin, Devil Jin, all got big nerfs.

Every time Harada is asked about TxSF he insist that is still in development after all this years.

>How do you feel about guest characters in video games?
Neat but at the same time it shows people dont know how to create original characters that people give a shit about anymore

Guests suck, end of story, no room for debate. They take a slot away from a character that actually belongs in the series, usually they don't even fit the theme of the game (fucking Final Fantasy in Tekken or Star Wars in SC), and they're a one and done event so it's pointless to even learn them when they'll never appear in any future games.

The only game to do ""guests"" right is SFV where characters just take on costumes for a character from a different series. That way you keep the original SF character but can pretend they are Mega Man or whoever. It's a good compromise.

Tekken has its own version, like a parallel universe. Until SF starts adding Tekken characters to its story then the canon is purely one sided.

I disconnect from every Negan I get matched with. Fuck that guy and his stupid TV show.

Pathetic.

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (865x570, 1.12M)

Me.

>kratos in soul calibur wasnt canon
>kratos in shovel knight is canon

what the fuck

KI did good

Play a real Tekken character then if you want play Tekken. Don't waste my time with this Yea Forums trash.

I hope Harada puts Pepsi Man in

Yeah. A real character like kuma....

LOL
Learn the game

love em

Attached: MHW-Behemoth_Render_001.png (1128x776, 574K)

Like him or hate him, Kuma is an OG Tekken character and belongs in the series. Noctis, Negan, all these shitty guests don't.

pretty cool unless the game doesn't usually have zoning and fucking meters. fuck akuma and geese

I don't like it.

Hate them. They're usually really annoying to play against since they often have their own unique gimmick mechanics that are duct-taped into the game.

this

/thread.

Attached: clayfighter.jpg (640x469, 69K)