Kingdom Hearts 3 is STILL a Disappointment (Critical Mode Review)

Thoughts? youtube.com/watch?v=MPrvCT3OJL8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

final fantasy is dead and kingdom hearts and jewednix is finally gone

Damage scaling is fucked and given how enemy design is "just put a bunch of them together", magic spam is encouraged even more than ever.
Also Links are retard strong, especially Simba and Ariel.
1v1 is a bit better in Critical but overall it was just meh, fights can drag on a lot, especially in Lv1 runs due to how the game scales damage.
If they truly wanted to get the game to the level of 2FM in tight mechanics all weaving into each other, they'd have to redo magic and links from the ground up.

I've stayed entirely blind on the game while I clean up the others but I'm fast approaching it. I'll let you know then.

Best waiting until Re:mind comes out user. That way it saves you having to play through it twice

Kh3 ruined the series for me if I want to play KH I will just play 1 and 2 and forget that 3 exists

What made crit work in kh2fm was how damage scaled. You did -more- damage in crit than in proud, and you started out with really good abilities that speed up the game like MP Hastera. But in the flipside you died in a couple of hits. It turned the game into high risk high reward, where mastery of the combat had you clearing fights quickly, but small screwups became costly. Tied with all the (somewhat balanced) combat options and you had a really fun fast paced game

3 does it all wrong. You do less damage in crit so fights take longer, and you die quickly. And when most of the fights are mob fights where things can hit you from off screen and the general movement is sluggish, it becomes more about using the safest option so that you dont waste a bunch of time on mobs that take forever to kill but can randomly one shot you back. So you end up spamming links because everything else is too risky

It just shows they dont understand what made kh2 work at all

>Osaka team
>Ever

Kingdom Hearts should have ended at 1.

I've been considering that but I honestly don't think I'll mind replaying it and it means I'll at least get to experience the vanilla (Critical) version which will be nice for perspective. Is there a release date for it yet? I don't remember.

Winter so Dec-February. Also choose shield for crit because if you don't you'll suffer

>being a kh2 fag

It was okay for me, combat was great but it was to easy. Worlds were to small and invisible walls everywhere, typical of Square games. I don't care about dialogue and story since I know I will never understand it. I also liked gummy ship sections and traveling the space first game since Ratchet & Clank®Future: A Crack in Time that I was able to do something like that.

>badly written
Blame nomura he took over for 3. 1 and 2 had another writer.

Still waiting for Final Mix even tho the game's on sale now.

And I KNOW there will be Final Mix version even if they keep saying there wont'.
They can't pass up the opportunity to sell the same game twice.

Actually one of the few changes I would personally want to make to 2FM is to reduce the Crit mode damage boost. I think it's a bit too excessive such that it can take a bit of the challenge out, and it affects how long you have to play with the resource juggling which is one of the most compelling parts of the combat. It makes me sad there apparently isn't a real way to do a level 1 Proud mode run, that could be an interesting parallel challenge to level 1 Crit.
Ok thanks, that seems just long enough that I'll end up playing it. Sword it is.

I disagree. The last thing you want to do in a game where you die in 1 to 2 hits is make the fights tediously long. It devolves into using nothing but the safest option since mistakes start costing you a lot of time which turns fun challenge into frustration. In kh2, crit makes you get good to clear, but doesnt make you waste your time. It's a great balance IMO

>1 month old video
i am thinking you're STILL trying too hard

Attached: Kino Hearts 3.jpg (1750x1450, 2.75M)

i blame Tabata, he is trash

>And I KNOW there will be Final Mix version even if they keep saying there wont'.
user, they already announced the DLC that is pretty much Final Mix

As I fucking said,

there will be Final Mix version no matter what they say.
At the very least, it'll be a version with base game with all the DLCs.
But it'll be more than that.

This time itll have the box art and a sticker for a full $60 though!

>final fantasy is dead
>tfw fucking XIV, an MMO, is the best FF game in years and will probably stay that way
Unless they make a FFXVI that is actually GOOD in the far future, then FF is doomed. 7R is looking REALLY poor, mediocre at best. 7R is going to sell initially really well, and then the more installments of it they release will just sell worse and worse.

Tedium only arises from uninteresting repetition, as long as combat circumstances are evolving and enemies have more things to throw at you the fight will still stay engaging. This is the one thing KH2 excels at above anything else, between combos, magic, Drives, Summons, Limits, Reaction commands, how they all refill and reward each other while being effective for different scenarios and situations, but when enemies and many bosses themselves die to quick combos of any sort those scenarios apply and vary less often. You already can't fall back on the safest option very much regardless since it holds back your other options and relies on resources, but Magnega+Thundaga are so safe and powerful, ending so many fights, mainly because of the sheer damage output. I don't think it needs that much of a reduction, but in some cases it almost makes it feel easier than Proud, and I want to have to actively make my Drive form damage count and put everything on the line to win.

Barry

Attached: autismbarry.png (1581x196, 64K)