Is it worth getting PS4 this close to the end of its life cycle?

im planning on getting one tomorrow
slim, 500gb, cheapest thing i can find since i have a good pc already

Attached: 1.jpg (550x486, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how much

I was thinking on getting a ps4 too, I might wait for the PS5 though.

Is it worth it only for Death Stranding?

I would wait until ps5 comes out and people flood the market with their ps4's and ps4 games

> Is it worth getting PS4 this close to the end of its life cycle?
No wait until the PS5 is out and the used market is flooded with cheap ones. Also if the rumored BC for the PS5 turns out to be true you would probably be better off with a PS5.

PS5 is strongly rumored to have PS4 BC, for a just a bit more you'll also get a PS5 at same time. Surely there will at "least" be 4-5 games to make this worth it on the long run while you use it as a PS4.

If you've got the money and have nothing better to do with it then why the fuck not

I'd wait at this point. PS5 might be backwards compatible and the games are always going to be there. So hold out unless you really want to play something.

So whens PS5 gonna come out?
probably same time next year, right?

A super slim is going to be announced tomorrow.
Just get that since it will be cheaper
Also used games are nice but ps5 will be backwards compatible

My guess is a similar release model as PS4, will be announced around March, hyped up through events during the year, then come out in November 2020

No just be a retard and buy a console with no games at launch

The best time to get a new system is wheb the next ome comes out. By then, prices are all lowered and 99% of games are released

I usually take a year off from work and binge every single game on a new console when another comes out.

Hell no. Just wait till the PS5 comes out and watch the price of these drop like a sack of bricks. You already waited this far into it's life to get one, why not wait another year or two?

the point is that PS5 is rumored to have BC, if you haven't had a PS4 it makes more sense to get one rather than buy two consoles.

If you already have a PS4, then there's no point until it has something you want to play (preferably several)

Just wait until you can easily hack it

Wait for the PS5 pro, both the Scarlett and PS5 are heavily rumored to be backwards compatible with gen 8 and all games in the last few years run like ass on the base models so wait for the elite version of next gen.

>the point is that PS5 is rumored to have BC
It won't, they can't resell PS4 games if its BC

you'd be fucking stupid to buy a slim or OG at the end of the generation. it's only worth it to buy a pro, and even then wouldn't pay full price on it (since there have not been any price drops). used pro for $200 is fair.

If even going to wait for the pro, at that point might as well just get a PS4, I mean you'll be left with 3-5 years that you could've used to catch up on playing those PS4 games.

Not really. If you can play PS4 games on the PS5 then I would wait it out honestly

Attached: 1498702180279.jpg (400x400, 16K)

All 3 of them.

literally name 5 non-first-party games that make PS4 worth the price

PS5 is going to be online only or something like that? I think I read someone saying it.

>PS5 pro comes out
>"why bother, just wait for the PS6 bro"

There might be enough Playstation exclusive games to care about it and the 4 by the time the PS5 Pro releases.

I'm not buying a soistation5 because they said they only care about and will focus on lgbtqp gaymers.

So fuck Sony.

wait for black friday or the holiday, regulars/slims should be $200 in limited quantities, pros $300. or maybe even lower.

But yeah I would say it is if you want it. Can you name 5 games you want for it? If so, get it. If not, re-think your decision.

What the fuck do you do that you can afford to take an entire year off of work?

Makes up lies on Yea Forums

i think you should get a pro but if it's money that matters and you're more into PC than consoles then don't worry about what you get. there were only a handful of titles out of the entire library i really cared about on PS4 anyway. i'm not the type that likes everything.

Does the upscaled 4k look good enough to get a 4k tv or should I play 1080 with higher fps?

Consoles are literally all about first party titles you month otherwise there's no reason to own one.

>Go on PS thread
>Be a Nincel and talk shit about it
Fuck off

The latter. Buy a gaming PC if you want 4k.

Ok so the pro is still preferable over the slim because of the better performance right?

Source on super slim?

Yes, we're at the end of the generation so increased graphical pushing means everything's running like shit on the base consoles. Remember Assassin's Creed 3's console launch? Only way to tolerate consoles for current games is the stronger models playing on performance mode.

If you already have a PC what games are you gonna play on it? Bloodborne?
Im not trying to be negative im just asking.

That, Spider-man, and GoW. Maybe Wipeout Omega.

ps5 is backcompat

ghost of tsuhima and tlou will be on the ps5

i mean if you want to lay bloodborne/DS/RDR2 sure buy one but you will have the option to wait until the ps5

If you can get one for under $200, then yeah go for it. But honestly theres a good chance most of the must play PS4 games will get "Remastered" versions for next gen.

GoW, last guardian, SotC, P5

When people say that PS5 will be beackwards compatible does this mean disc only or digital also?

>2019
>Gamers STILL do not own a PS4
>Several games are already hard to find and have ridiculous markup prices
Why did you guys wait? This isn't the Wii U, there are literal thousands of games for the console.

Attached: Headache.jpg (800x400, 26K)

It won't be BC, Sony won't be able to resell all those PS4 games if its BC

Sony is going anti consumer with the PS5 and all the normie idiots are walking right into the trap thinking its going to be the next great thing

The PS4 will be the last decent console so go for it

At this point, don't believe anything until you see it.

Sony honoring digital purchases across multiple consoles? The same people that sold games individually for VITA, PS3, and PS4, despite sharing trophies?

I play games less than ever and I bought a PS4 4 years ago. At least I only payed $100 for it.

And I can already play 98% of them so what do I need the PS4 for?

are you playing bloodborne? yes. if not meh

...the 2% you can't?

user you know Sony confirmed PS5 will be BC right

what ps4 games are hard to find? aren't they all sold digitally??

Why would anyone buy a ps4? It has no games and you can't even watch its only content, movies, on the go like you can with the Switch.

a week before black friday like literally always

What if those 2% aren't worth the entry fee? Most AAA games are interchangeable grindy open world shit so why would I care about the one I can't play?

games get downloaded to the hard drive whether you have the disc or the download

the patent confirms backcompat with the ps4
cerny heavily implied it
but most importantly the scarlett has confirmed backcompat so sony won't want to lose in the arms race

No they didn't. The language isnt clear and they can surprise you with some psnow shit

The end of its life cycle is the best time to get a system.
Cheap + Tons of games

wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

early november 2020

Why bother? How many exclusives on it do you actually want?

yep. access to a great library for a very low price.
just wait until the end of the weak Spny might announce a super slim version which I doubt but you never know.

Attached: 37903212172_d564881372_k.jpg (2048x1356, 546K)

probably not worth it, ps5 is backcomp with 4

I'd say wait for the PS5 to roll in and have other, non corporate-bought consumers give the internet their feedback. You wouldn't want to blow 800 dollars or however much it is only to have to deal with whatever bugs it might have and put up with having to get a refund and all that tiresome shit.
Get a second hand, lightly used PissFour if you're so desperate, but wait on the PS5

>probably not worth it, ps5 is backcomp with 4
yea BUT PS5 will be expensive at first and first wave consoles usually have defects bteer wait for a slim version.

>the patent confirms backcompat with the ps4
Patents don't confirm anything, patents are filed for shit that never comes to fruition all the time, pic related
This doesn't confirm anything about BC either, its literally just the author making shit up. Cerny says nothing about BC.

Sony has made no official announcement regarding PS5 yet, let alone anything specific about its hardware or features.

Attached: dims.jpg (519x400, 33K)

in EU i can't find the basic model under 300€ and i dont want to buy a used cumstaind one

how the fuck is 300€ "cheap" ?

>ps5 is backcomp with 4
Going to laugh so fucking hard when it launches and isn't and you get PSNow instead

this.

Attached: paste.jpg (2080x1560, 419K)

you have a year to save up an extra hundred or two bucks, the value you get out of the ps5 playing ps4 and new games (not to mention having ps4pro modifiers on games) outweighs the extra charge

you idiots really think sony would release the ps5 without real backcompat when the scarlett has it?
stop being overly contrarian.

What if I want to play games right now instead of waiting a year

>the value you get out of the ps5 playing ps4 and new games (not to mention having ps4pro modifiers on games)
pure speculation.
plus the PS5 will be at least twice the price of a new PS4 slim which can be found for around $200. I;m a huge sony fan but objectively now is a good time to buy a PS4.
this guy said it best

then go ahead and be an impatient child

Why would they leave all that money on the table? Why would they make it BC when PS4 re-releases routinely outsold the PS3 releases?

They don't give a shit about what Xbox is doing, Xbox can be BC all it wants, no one cares because its library is nothing but multiplats most people will buy on Playstation anyway.

Wow, so you're from the future?

Nothing has been confirmed about the PS5, you're basing all this shit on rumors.

you're a dumbass, google search ps5 backwards comparability

for the vast majority of ps4 games there is no profit in ps4 re-releases, maybe on sony 1st party games have something to gain from that, but sony was running the ps4 version spider man on the ps5 so that blows up that theory
in fact a lot of 3rd part devs left their pro enhance games at unlocked framerates expecting them to be improve on the ps5

>rumors
I can google Sony and McDonalds and find a patent for that, I guess that's coming out too?

>for the vast majority of ps4 games there is no profit in ps4 re-releases
Are you mentally challenged?

>but sony was running the ps4 version spider man on the ps5 so that blows up that theory
Dev kit, and get ready for Spiderman: Special Edition, launching with PS5!

Im kinda torned too. I own a vita and feel like sony's not going to support remote play on it for ps5.
Not sure if its worth getting for the remote play esp when I have games I wanna try out.

>>for the vast majority of ps4 games there is no profit in ps4 re-releases
>Are you mentally challenged?

tell me why gravity rush 2 would need a ps5 remaster and how it would make a profit

No, don't be retarded. It'll be obselete as soon as the ps5 comes out.

Depends on the price honestly.

If you can find a Pro for cheap that might be better since it will run Death Stranding and FFVII better. But November 2020 is probably the launch of the PS5 which will be backward compatible

I can't believe i still havent gotten myself the PS4 after 6 years. Having to pay for online was really the deal breaker.

>rumors
it came out of Cerny's mouth you knuckle dragger

his ass

DS is most likely coming to PC.

Using a Sony made engine so no.

Buy a ps4 now and wait a few years for the ps5 slim to come out

>p5
you can play it on PS3 and PC retard
>GoW
garbage story who cares
>SOTC
Why, i've already played it to death on my ps3 and ps2, if i want to play it again i'll just play it on those or emulate it
>Last Guardian
I can live without playing that

no, its not worth it at all, but we have to for death stranding

i consider consoles basically kids toys and never wanted to buy one again, and i have to buy a super-outdated ps4 pro for 400 fucking dollars to play DS. sigh.

Yes, death stranding and final fantasy 7 are right around the corner. Even though the ps5 will be backwards compatible it will be more expensive and not for another year at least.

>slim, 500gb, cheapest thing i can find since i have a good pc already

I recommend against this, you will want the pro as it's significantly more powerful and you get better framerates

wait for black friday
don't pay over $200
get a slim, not an original
if you plan on getting over 10 games and leaving them all installed at once, buy a 1TB 7200RPM hard drive to replace the stock internal hard drive

>waiting until a console is hackable to buy it
enjoy scalpers

do you have to pay a monthly fee to play online on ps4? consoles are so gay

>i've already played it
Okay?

what's the point of buying a ps4 for a game that is on PS2 PS3 and PC?

I bought a PS4 back in July.
>Used
>500gb original model
>Controler
>170 bucks, guy gave me a 6 month warranty for any problem if I found any
After that I have bought
>Fallout 4
>Tekken 7
>Resident Evil 7
>Final Fantasy XV
>Monster Hunter: World
>MGS V Phantom Pain
>GTA V
And also a year of PS Plus, which I may say the games haven't been half bad actually
If the PS5 is indeed BC, I'll maybe buy one on release and sell my PS4 later on, because there are a lot of PS4 games I want to play, like GoW, Horizon, SotC, maybe TLoU 2.
>buying a console for multiplats lol
I don't care about Yea Forums's meme opinions. The computers I have are for work and solely for that

>PS5 might be backwards compatible

Attached: 1552980971728.webm (1300x1080, 2.41M)

>computers are for work and soley for that
>i wont play on the superior platform because XD
fuck off retard

no way fag, wait for the backward compatible ps5

Maybe that guy never had a PS2, nor a PS3 and most likely doesn't have a beefy PC and doesn't want to deal with emulating?
Why do you people asume everybody wants to be as autistic as you for games.
You have a console
You put the disc in
You wait for disc to install
You play your game
As easy as that. Let the guy enjoy things

Because I haven't played it and I don't want to emulate the ps2/3 version

>Superior platform
>Have to download over 5 launchers nowadays to get that superior experience
Nah, I rather stick to a console
Also, I never said computers are solely for work, I said that the computers I own are solely for work, and they are pretty beefy, because I have to render shit and design all the time.

I'd kind of like to have a PS4, but fuck supporting Kusony. I'm also ambivalent about used consoles. Always heard bug infestation horror stories.

FUCK NO.
especially since Neokiketrashitpissony hasn't even lowered the price appropriately for this piss of shit 9 year old mid-tier laptop hardware.
this dreck should be costing $99 by now.
use your fucking brain or don't. not my money.

I'd wait for the PS5 to launch then buy it. That's what I did with the wii u and I got it for 50 bucks after the switch hit the scene.

>swear
>Yea Forums memes
>ludicrous statement
>more swears
This is your brain on Yea Forums

>download 5 launchers
literally everything worth playing is on steam, if its not on steam pirate it, you have worse looking games with worse framerates, consoles have the same amount of bullshit as PCs now anyway.
>never had a ps2 or ps3
then they're a certified fucking plebian, buy a ps3 and play SoTC its the better version anyway, and that legitimately is just plug and play.Stop memeing that consoles are plug and play now they're literally not.

prove me wrong, dickcheese muncher.

Go to a popular mall, those that have local businesses and ask for a used console, don't go to big chains, these people are more than likely to give you a better deal just to have you coming back again for more games/service

Yes. You'll regret it when you'll have to search for ages for one after they stop making them. Just visit any ps3/vita thread if you want to see what I mean.

No you haven't. Shadow of the Collosus on PS4 is a remake, not a remaster, its a brand new game. In the same way that Resident Evil 2 2019 and Resident Evil 2 1998 are different games despite sharing a title.

see

can you buy a new PS4 in EU under 300€? someone pls respond

I'd say just wait and see if the PS5 has BC. Same reason why I haven't considered a "pro" PS4.

tell me where I used Yea Forums memes other than calling someone who didn't buy a ps3 and ps2 a plebian.
no it fucking isn't holy shit, its a graphical and UI update with a worse Art style than the original. Maybe it has new easter eggs but its nothing like a RE2 vs REmake2

Where do you live?

Why would buy a console nowadays? C'mon..

probably because a decent modern GPU alone costs more than what the next gen consoles will

Just buy a used one, not worth buying new since they'll be a price drop next year.

>used
Unless you are unironically buying it for like 1 game, don't do this. If you have any real intention to use it for a while don't buy it used ever. Unless it's fro a friend/relative you know and who treats his stuff with care you don't know what kind of abuse it might have gotten. Leaving it on all the time 24/7 in a small cramped space without having ever dusted it off even once is a lot more common then you think.

>close to the end

no you should wait till its dead so you buy it cheap and play all the games
whoever buys consoles at launch with no games is an idiot

>install

what the fuck? you need to install games on consoles now? literally what seperates them from a shitty overpriced prebuilt? god damn what stupidity

>inb4 the games are big!

>literally what seperates them from a shitty overpriced prebuilt?

hardware lockdown DRM and monthly fees

You literally need to install the entire content of the disc to the HDD, the only reason you need the disc after installation is DRM

My PS4's 1TB hard drive is full with 30 games and a lot of those are indieshit