Persona 3

Is it worth it in 2019?
And after playing Persona 5?

Attached: 112775-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1142, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gasp_the_enemy/status/1146813743830978560
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

If you haven't been spoiled by anything yes.

You think it will ever be remaked or remastered? Since the models of Persona 3 dancing exists?

It's a great game. Aigis is fucking lame though and I wish it wasn't involved at all.

Only that the hero shoots himself in the end

Sure you can try it but it lacks refinement the later games have.

>And after playing Persona 5?
You have the subhuman nigger taste so I can't tell. You might like it, you might hate it but it has nothing to do with the quality of the game. You like to eat shit, we know that, but we have no idea if you can handle a decent game.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. P5 is a better game but P3 is still quite good.

p5r is coming first in 2020 to the west so a p3 remake is not coming anytime soon

What's wrong with Persona 5? It certainly better than 4 in everything
I thought of playing 3 because it has the best story in the series according to many fans, Persona 5 was completely shit in this department

Most likely will be but won't be for a good while. Atlus are milking P5 as much as physically possible before they even attempt to try and do anything else.

>I thought of playing 3 because it has the best story in the series according to many fans
lmao

You think they will favor a Persona 6 on remaking 3?

he shoots himself all throughout the game, that's how he summons his personas

its a never ever. p3 has some glaring issues that needs to be fixed if they want to properly do a remaster and its better to just make a new entry instead of trying to fix these issues.

Mechanically it's going to be way inferior and Tartarus is a severe downgrade from Mementos which wasn't great to begin with. However, I still think P3 has a lot going for it. Personally I find the music a lot more enjoyable and like how the physical damage type split makes beaters feel more varied. I think were P3 really shines though is the cast. All the members of SEES have some level of depth of them and aren't awkwardly slow rolled one after the other so you have the entire game to watch them interact off of each other.

>Persona 6
user that's not coming for at least 10 years.

fuck off 2nigger

>I thought of playing 3 because it has the best story in the series according to many fans
Like fuck it does. P2 is on a whole nother level compared to nu-persona in terms of characters and story. That said P3 is a much better game than P4 or P5.

It was very worth playing when I started it in 2018 and finished in 2019.
I don't know how playing P5 first might affect your experience, I played P3 after 4 but before 5. All I can really tell you is that 3 is my favorite and 5 didn't even come close, despite it's QoL improvements.

why do spoilers matter? there are literally no interesting turning points in these games, the journey is what counts.

Brainlets will probably have trouble following P2's story though, and for you claims about P3 being better than following games I raise abysmally stupid party member AI you cannot override and one boring ass dungeon for the whole game.

Persona 5 blows 3 out of the fucking water you contrarian dog.

You have to be a 16 yo in 2007 with a Myspace page to understand this game

I played it for the first time this year and had a absolute blast.

Remember Odin with Thunder Reign trivializes everything.

im playing it for the first time right now, and im having fun with it

Attached: 1551213533451.jpg (500x500, 54K)

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Fuuka emulates her favorite game.png (561x593, 253K)

POST BEST P3 GIRL!

Ok.

Attached: 1567615740991.jpg (770x1176, 405K)

Yes

Attached: 1565725383414.jpg (1267x721, 98K)

If they just made a remaster of p3 an improved the combat, I'd be fine with it.

P3's combat is fine, just direct your teammates properly and they'll get the job done.

Mikoto, is that you?

Attached: 1569247686583.jpg (5929x4094, 1.3M)

I didn't think the tactics system was bad. I meant like they should tweak a few things. In FES, if you hit an enemy's weakness with a ma- skill, you won't get the extra turn unless EVERY enemy on the field gets hit by it and they're also weak to it. They fixed that in P4 on the PS2 but it's just annoying in P3.

That just gives you a reason to keep single-target spells on hand instead of loading all your Personas with only AoE spells, giving you even more options in combat. Do you want to risk attacking them all with a more conservative SP spell and possibly missing the AOA, or attacking each one individually to guarantee it at the cost of greater SP burnt?

Why would missing be the consequence of using a ma- skill? The enemies already have resistances to damage types like absorb and reflect that deny you of extra turns or damage. The consequence of using a ma- skill should be not doing enough damage and wasting sp, having the damage be reflected back at you, or accidentally healing the enemy.
Having a mechanic that gives you extra turns from hitting weaknesses and making aoe spells behave like that just makes them completely pointless to have when compared to single target skills. They changed it in the very next game too so it's very obvious even Atlus doesn't think ma- skills should behave that way in Persona.

Attached: 1535481946651.jpg (600x450, 63K)

Aegis!

Attached: a9c9450ed706c1be4007008245d3f95d.jpg (583x800, 68K)

OP, I was in the same boat as you. I played P3 FES after my second playthrough of P5, and my opinion of P5 shot waaaay down after playing this game. Tartrus isnt that bad if you just grind out whats available to you in one go. Characters are really good and they STAY RELEVANT after their arcs. THe game is much less formulaic than P5. Its good.

I always treated them as high risk high reward spells, either guaranteeing you an all out attack or giving up your chance for it to deal damage and knock just one down, leaving the rest to your team. Giving you a one more from such a risk feels undeserved, while using the safer and more reliable single-target spells makes sense to chain multiple elements for knockdowns.

For instance, say you cast Mahamaeon and kill one enemy weak to it, but the other reflects it and leaves you at 1 HP. You shouldn't then get a 1 More to immediately swap Personas and Diarahan yourself to remove the penalty. If you wanted multiple turns you'd instead cast Hamaeon and just target the one weak to it, then swap and knock the next one down. In the first scenario you're instead risking a safe move for an instant win, and have to trust your party members to cover for you if your gamble doesn't pay off.

Aigis*

Your scenario only really works if it's the first time fighting an enemy and you don't know what they're weak to. If you know that one enemy is weak to an element and the enemy right next to it reflects that same element, then you'll never want to use a ma- skill when they appear together. It's just more optimal to save on sp and use single target skills to get extra turns in P3 because the reward you get for using ma- skills just isn't high enough. Besides random encounters, there's not a lot of scenarios where you'll be needing them outside of fights like Strength and Fortune or Strega. Ma- skills are a lot more viable in P4 because there are more required fights that involve multiple enemies like Yukiko and Kanji's shadows.

>t. American
twitter.com/gasp_the_enemy/status/1146813743830978560

didnt click

But especially towards the end of the game does Shadow encounters mix in multiple types of enemies with only one weakness, plus you're agreeing with me.

>Using Ma- skills on Strength + Fortune
The hell are you talking about? IIRC Strength completely nullifies any damage you can inflict on Fortune until she's dead, then you can beat up the roulette robot. So using Ma-skills there is a waste.

Yes.

>if you hit an enemy's weakness with a ma- skill, you won't get the extra turn unless EVERY enemy on the field gets hit by it and they're also weak to it
That was a good thing. It honestly felt brainless how in 4/5 I could just throw out AoEs and get rewarded for it every time. Every time I'd encounter new enemies, I'd just shit out some AoEs, and if I discover their weakness, I'm instantly rewarded with an extra turn, meanwhile in 3 the reward of doing that is just the discovery of the weakness, not both the weakness and an extra turn on top of it.
You could also just throw out AoEs willy nilly and on top of the extra turns you're dealing free chip damage to anything that doesn't block or reflect the element.
Also having free turns be given out for hitting weakness on anything in an AoE attack made some boss fights really fucking annoying in 4 and 5.

That's not a bad thing.

Everyone shoots themselves in the head