Why don't we have any over-the-top fantasy games that look like an old school metal album cover or a Tor novel?

Why don't we have any over-the-top fantasy games that look like an old school metal album cover or a Tor novel?

Attached: luca_turilli_king_of_the_nordic_twilight.jpg (500x496, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAmbJ9Bqg1A
youtube.com/watch?v=-pXc0f9IbCI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgKll_1JgPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9xsPuc34udA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno but I still love power metal. I will die loving it.

Recent purchase. The guy that did the art for this album did art for videogames too iirc, or at least he got a lot of wow art in his site.

Forgot the fucking pic.

As for the question you asked, plenty of games capture the same feel.

Attached: IMG_20190923_155804.jpg (2621x3710, 3.24M)

Fantasy enthusiasts don't like high fantasy like this. And people always complain about "muh realism" in fantasy games

Isn't wow pretty much like this tho?

Doesn't Dragons Dogma kind of count and Dragons Crown definitely counts.

Attached: amazon.jpg (213x237, 10K)

too much flavor. the unwashed masses are adverse to anything that shows even the slightest bit of personality and therefore business numbers would not go up

wow is just generic kitchen sink fantasy in a saturday morning cartoon context

I've had a great time listening to Blind Guardian and some other power metal while playing Dragon's Dogma.

Attached: 1562103709599.png (450x417, 62K)

And Lucca Turilli isn't??

I'm not familiar with this band but I just went and watched one of their videos and I'm sold.

What are some essential power metal bands or albums I should listen to?

I already know about Rhapsody and Angra.

>Over the top high fantasy action video game with power metal soundtrack

Holy shit OP, now I have to suffer this not being reality.

Attached: R-387461-1249998748.jpeg.jpg (600x588, 235K)

CHAD of fantasy games coming through
just look at this menu screen

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 42K)

I got bored of dragons dogma VERY early on but i feel like that is a way too spice it up

I just hate how 90% of fantasy is in a realistic wilderness setting so its all just greens and browns. I want a wild colour palette

Attached: 1236.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Attached: Stormlord_title.png (320x224, 11K)

Helloween, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, and maybe even some Gloryhammer if you want some real cheesy stuff.

Pussy power metal. Yikes.

Attached: 8C31C25B-CC4E-4576-B7F7-9C55E785269B.jpg (640x640, 174K)

>wrpg
>you fight god
>the fight looks like something off a metal album
I could dig it.

An action RPG or Fantasy game with any sort of good metal soundtrack would make a shitload of cash.

In terms of quality when it comes to metal, DOOM 2016's soundtrack was fucking entry level garbo yet people always cite it when talking about the game. Actual quality metal themed to the games artstyle or pace is an untapped goldmine of money.

Attached: 2013_full-throttle.jpg (800x800, 519K)

Atlantean Kodex

Power metal does suck, but it fits fantasy very well. Going full cheese can be a lot of fun.
Something doesnt have to be good to be a lot of fun.

Attached: axxis_utopia.jpg (500x500, 99K)

What kind of power metal?
Classics like Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Helloween?

Cheesy shit like Rhapsody, Stratovarius, old Sonata Arctica?

Thrashy stuff like Iced Earth, Iron Fire, Persuader, Dark Empire?

Like female vocals? Old Dark Moor, Edenbridge, Kalidia, Ancient Bards?

You like symphonic stuff? Fairyland, Twilight Force, Pathfinder?

Folk power?
Falconer, Elvenking

I’ll throw in some other killer stuff like Lost Horizon, Iron Savior, Excalion.

Obligatory Sabaton

Also I’m throwing in my favorite female fronted power metal album. It’s fucking incredible.

Attached: 252A3113-D6FA-450E-A95D-A9999E08BF36.jpg (640x640, 210K)

realism in fantasy games is a scourge that must be destroyed
I want one that doesnt take itself seriously, I want Tenacious D-tier
>TASTE MY LIGHTNING, FUCKER
moments

Attached: 1560221860793.png (535x400, 236K)

the death of 70s-80s metal imagery/artstyle hurts me

it used to just be about making rad, fun shit

Attached: giphy (3).gif (376x276, 1.8M)

>blind guardian
>luca turilli
thread can't get any better, lets pack it up

Those are shitty

well find me more of that brand of shit and I'll be happy as a pig in a sty
fuck would anyone care about your opinion for, retard

Calm down Hansifag

Metamorphic Force has that feel, mixed with 90s cartoons

youtube.com/watch?v=UAmbJ9Bqg1A

Also Volgarr The Viking, though it's very budget.

Garbage

Based

I want to see Gloryhammer but I haven't decided on the cities yet. Madrid or Paris which one is the best city to stay?

Attached: server.jpg (1000x1000, 411K)

Dragon's Dogma is one of those games you need to give it a bit of time on. It's not the "it gets good 40 hours in" meme, in fact your first playthrough should probably be only 20-25 hours from start to finish. It does however stay pretty slow and closed until you reach Gran Soren. Most of the game's strengths are in its combat, which opens up when you level and experiment with the different vocations. There's other strengths but they're less apparent until endgame, postgame, and replays. It's a game that feels mediocre and then "clicks" and becomes one of your favorites; there's just this pull about it.

If you want color, you'll want to play as Mystic Knight (think Paladin with access to all elements) or Magick Archer (you're on some Gunslinger shit with this, plus you can light yourself on fire and climb onto monsters to light them on fire while you stab them).

Attached: 1535931325269.png (662x603, 55K)

Oh Magick Archer sounds fun. I tried with a fighter a year ago and just found it dull. Thanks.

Warhammer Fantasy was basically metal album covers

There almost was a game based on this album in the mid-00s. It got cancelled, though. Some screenshots still float about, and it looked pretty dated even for the time.

Attached: winterhearts_guild.jpg (1000x1000, 321K)

I WANT DEATHMETAL ABOUT DRAGONS RIGHT FUKING NOW!!!!

Attached: 04-pokemon-gun.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 108K)

Episode/Visions/Destiny rekt every power metal album out there.
Something about vocals and overall production made them stand out.

I'm still waiting for a game or a game series that gives me this feel. Drakan order of flame and the ancient gate were close but so far no other game has yet to done it right. Are there other games were you can control dragons and explore environments in foot? Games that you can fight both of air and ground.

Attached: rhapsody-symphony-of-enchanted-lands-ii-the-dark-secret.jpg (1000x1000, 609K)

if only the self-guitar arrange version of Imminent Triumph was used in bitterblack.
youtube.com/watch?v=-pXc0f9IbCI

Volgarr the Viking but it can be very hard, game did not make much noise when it came out because it didn't rip off Souls games or other indietrash, it was actually very well thought and put together.

Magick archer are great both as physical or magical dps.
Just focus on one branch untill you get great weapons.
Min-maxing is worthless as 80% stats comes from gear, you just need to pay attention to hp and stam.
Weapon with permanent magical enhancements don't count your magick stat, but neither do they count the target's magick defense; same for most abilities with mixed damage(it either counts your highest of strenght or magick, or always the same. Some does count fractions of both, the wiki will help for that)

Divinity 2 is the closest that comes to mind.
Human on the ground, dragon in the air.

It's so weird how Yea Forums adores power metal and /meal/ hates power metal.

Daggerfall

Attached: pinnacle of RPG1.png (960x600, 911K)

Nah it did extremely well shortly after release thanks to big name youtubers including pewdiepie streaming it, but it was kind of a fotm because of the difficulty so now it has the niche status it would have had without the eceleb boost

I wouldn't call it the pinnacle of rpg, but it does have high role-playing potential, and good fun to be had with spells.
however:
>the fucking red doors
>shitty ass dungeons(this applies to most, if not every single dungeon that isn't part of the main story
>You can just take a loan of 10M in a backwater country and never go back there
>magic can get buggy
>the fucking red doors

>2 hours later
I don't give a fuck

>recommend Iced Earth and Bind Guardian
>don't mention Demons and Wizards

Attached: 1550586188923.jpg (458x418, 33K)

Attached: TOTALWARWARHAMMER2.jpg (1920x1080, 937K)

I AM HUUUNTIIIIING HIIIIGH AND LOOOOOOOW

Attached: DBZB.jpg (640x904, 151K)

I can't even bring myself to play it because of the enemies ai anymore.
Steamrolling as dwarves was great though

7734 is their best song

i know what you mean, I haven't played in a while either but last time I did I played with an ai mod that was really good. caused the ai to actually play the game, instead of just running at you over and over. also, MP matchmaking is actually fun.

i'll have to check that

it was called Minos AI and it looks like it hasn't been updated for the new patches

I can't get into Sabaton for the most part. I think Joakim is great, he's got a great voice, but their actual songs just seem to meander without going anywhere most of the time. My favorite track from them is that Red Baron single they dropped earlier this year.

Check out Civil War, they're made of former Sabaton members. The vocals might take a bit of getting used to but I've quickly grown to like them a lot more than Sabaton.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgKll_1JgPQ

tourists always love power metal because its not so aggresive

80s action movie nonsense > Metal cover

Attached: saboteur2.jpg (640x879, 152K)

>waaah my tastes are superior
/metal/ might be the most active thread on Yea Forums but it's still a fucking isolated island compared to the rest of the board. Being divisive to other genres only makes it worse.

Not sure on pure death metal but the band Dissection has a blackened death metal song called Black Dragon.

Attached: 1552992590911.jpg (1097x319, 214K)

i'm off to kill myself, wish me luck, last time didn't work so well

>manofculture.jpg

Metal covers is just high level DnD adventures and those are most boring shit ever. Give me songs about some fuckers trying to kill rats and half the village dying in the processes

How can someone be so boring? I bet this person doesn´t add any spices to his food as it´s not the proper way of appreciating the real flavor of things

/metal/ used to love power metal between 2014-2016.
I stopped browsing the general because it got infested with an autistic spammer who floods the threads with wojaks and images of nu-males whenever people talk about things he doesn't like.

Attached: BLACK METAL IST KRIEG.jpg (423x528, 137K)

That looks like it could be a metal cover though.

Attached: Liege Lord - Master Control.jpg (1072x1078, 218K)

Take the burgerpower pill you want your power metal to sound loud and manly and not gay and melodic

Attached: 1493064334215.jpg (2466x2582, 2.67M)

based and redpilled

you people are so funny

>recommending Iced Earth over Night of the Stormrider and Burnt Offerings
Terrible image

this
youtube.com/watch?v=9xsPuc34udA