Controller thread

What's a good controller to buy in 2019?

Attached: switch-pro-controller.png (693x527, 507K)

ds4

depends on the game

ds4 if its for fighting games
xbone if its for anything else (dpad sucks for fighting games)

Switch Pro is probably your best choice unless you need analogue triggers or a good dpad
Avoid the dualshock.

general consensus seems to be Xbone ( shoo). i can personally vouch for the 360 controller’s comfortable contours, so the Xbone seems like the logical next step

Learn what general consensus means first, faggot.

Speaking on controllers, how do you hold yours. This is how I hold mine.

Attached: controller.webm (970x550, 3M)

People say XBONE for some reason, and I have had one since 2015, but I got a DS4 recently and when hooked up properly its amazing.

The CHAD famed Armored Core grip

Attached: 1554113335300.jpg (540x360, 97K)

before your comment, one said DS4, one said XBONE but ds4 is good for fighting games, and one said Switch Pro but avoid DS4. how is the general consensus xbone

Real best controller coming through.

Attached: img-0138.original.jpg (2000x1333, 274K)

Dark souls 4 doesn't even exist you dumbass and this is a controller thread to begin with.

I actually use the ds3 for fighters

And your next post will be "haha I was only pretending to be retarded gottem."

Attached: 1567644419582.png (861x638, 367K)

Best controller for racing games? preferably long travel distance analog triggers

Attached: 71FrtiWkgWL._SL1500_ (1).jpg (948x1500, 97K)

But dark souls 4 doesn't exist you dipshit, unless you like to call bloodborne ds4.

It’s a controller you fucking moron.

general consensus doesn't mean "my (shitty) opinion"

>It’s a controller you fucking moron.
Are you fucking retarded? In which language games are called controllers?

Attached: 1569250955580.jpg (681x384, 120K)

Ds4= Dual Shock 4
As in the controller for the PS4

Attached: E4982832-2C37-4813-99FC-4E0294CB92A1.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Attached: 87968814-01e4-591b-a7e8-702e41bdc51f.jpg (1350x1151, 91K)

i've been lurking controller threads for the last few months now. i should have collected data, but most i see is Xbone

user are you okay

Based Armored Core fag

kek

That's a pretty sweet switch Pro controller.

>no gyro

Use a fightstick for fighting games

They're all good. My personal favorite would be the Xbone version 3

Attached: 20190414_230306.jpg (1440x2199, 1.87M)

>those zl and zr placements
What the fuck

Left joycon and a mouse
Anyting else is objectively wrong, including delusional fags still clinging to their keyboard

For me it's XBox 360 or Switch Pro
I like the dualshock 4 and all but the touch pad and share button kills it for me

Yes im still mad
Rip select button :(

Seethe harder

Perfection.

>no shitty battery that will die in 4-5 years
>customizable controls
>great d-pad
>comfortable

Attached: $.jpg (1132x757, 585K)

Based retard

They're not used in Pokken.

Got this on a whim as I didn’t want spend too much. Feels exactly the same as a 360 controller, excellent for playing my weebshit on my TV

Attached: AFA14067-4BF0-4871-ACF4-D9854ABF34EE.jpg (750x1037, 338K)

DS4 for pc compatibility and configurability
old dinput controllers are trash to get xinput working with
xbox controllers are dogshit for dinput
ds4 works with both ez pz

Keyboard

keyboard gets carried hard by mouse, by itself it's only good for flight sims with a million buttons needed and typing of the dead.

>convex buttons
>not concave

Attached: 1547912299064.jpg (500x322, 20K)

Youre a fuckin convex button

this controller's for sale here nearby and i'm almost sold. any real advantages over the other controllers?

The one from Mad Catz

are you schizophrenic? DS4 stands for DualShock 4, of course Dark Souls 4 doesn't exist, but DS4 has many meanings.

Attached: dbeity4-7284b252-21cf-4f3d-9465-58cadf2fa514.jpg (545x382, 63K)

It's good for any shooter that has more than a 2 weapon limit.

D:

fully featured switch pro controller for cheaper, with better layout and better d-pad
you'll have to configure it on pc first to get everything out of it, otherwise it's on generic settings that suck

I use keyboard and mouse for fps and strategy, but for action/platformers, etc I use my xboner over my ps4... Not a fan of how small it is

scroll wheel exists

Scroll wheels are fucking garbage for weapon selection.

>you'll have to configure it on pc first to get everything out of it, otherwise it's on generic settings that suck
fuck, was hoping it'd be a more plug-and-play affair. at least the color scheme's nice

>images taken from google
I really hope nobody falls for this chinkshit shilling.

don't you have a pc? what are you even posting from?

Fighting games

I'm waiting for someone to make a wireless Saturn pad with two analog sticks, two triggers, and rumble.

Attached: 416APen09nL.jpg (500x375, 22K)

Scrollwheel for casually scrolling through your weapons and hotkeys for when you quickly need to switch to something are great

MW has a nice feature where you can change the scroll wheel repeat rate, so if you quickly scroll to change weapon in a panic it will only scroll once no matter how much the wheel moved

a computer? i mean i thought it'd be a device wouldn't need to fiddle with any further, but i guess i can live with it

My 5-month-old son has that toy.

Are Xbox 360 controllers not sold anymore? I have one and it still works with every game I try to play with it.

I'll take a good notchy scroll wheel that's always under my finger over stretching left hand all the way to 7 for railgun.

This. Plug and play with really great comfort and control setup

>keeping the default binds
Railgun is always Q for me.

God I fucking loved my silver 360 controller so much, absolutely based

that pad is the best and most inovative conroller of this generation and that's kind of sad.

The scroll wheel shoulder button is genius. Non-obtrusive too, put some locking mechanism in it and it can function as a regular button.

which one would you vouch for, then

Any of the first party controllers.

Hmm. I don't believe it. I already own the SF30 Pro (the old one, not the Pro+), and the D-pad gets confused when I press up, sometimes registering left or right instead. Also get some missed inputs sometimes. The form factor and build quality feels good, but the functionality has room for improvement.

Attached: 1539161167736.jpg (1456x539, 83K)

not a sonyfag but ps3 controller is perfection

Literally the worst dualshock.

DS2 is best.

Don't listen to this guy about the Switch Pro Controller's D-pad. It is NOT better than any other controller. In fact, it's notoriously shit, and is the only real drawback of the controller (that and the digital triggers). Seriously, google it. People post YouTube tutorials about how to disassemble and fix the Pro Controller's D-pad, because it's bad.

If you ever took apart a controller to repair it, you would know that logitech gamepads are the highest quality of them all.

How are those 30 dollar battery powered PowerA switch controllers?

i cant believe you would say that to me