Why don't they make video games anymore?

I miss the 1990s and early 2000s when the name "KONAMI" used to be associating with gaming and their logo was almost like a seal of quality. That time feels so long ago now...

Attached: Konami A8GF87gCYAAoTeY.jpg (600x400, 38K)

>That time feels so long ago now...
I hear you doll.

Always preferred Konami over Capcom. Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Silent Hill... Capcom is going through a full revival now (RE2 Remake, Megaman 11, DMC 5) and it's killing me that Konami isn't doing the same.

They'll rebound like Capcom. They still have game development staff, likely in the middle of a project.

Metal Gear Survive was alright, Contra Rogue Corps is coming soon but that looks bad, they released anniversary collections of Castlevania, Contra, and Konami arcade games earlier this year, new Pro Evolution Soccer, Castlevania mobile game, what more do you want? Silent Hill without Team Silent can stay dead.

>full revival
>literally just 3-4 franchise that has been the cash cow everybody recognized ever since
Peak capcom was legit making nearly everything, not just these

Also that Zone of the Enders 2 remaster with full VR support came out of nowhere. That was awesome

They're too busy making card games.

The Pachinko market is going to be fucking obliterated so Konami is already sending out statements how gaming is super important to them. The fact that they're starting to release competent collections and small games for established series is them gauging interest.

I doubt they'll ever leave the gacha model, though. That's half the reason why they killed their core gaming department and fired Kojima. The guy in charged of their gaming division is literally a mobileshit developer.

>Make a CV mobile game
>Production values are actually competent with great art direction, legendary items have awesome artwork
>Gameplay is typical gacha shit

This only pisses me off more, honestly. The story is also fucking stupid.

we need to talk

Attached: Yoei.jpg (400x565, 56K)

All the talent already left so the retards have to start from scratch again. Even then it took Capcom a fuck ton of effort to bounce back. I doubt Konami will be as lucky as besides MGS, they have only niche series.

>The Pachinko market is going to be fucking obliterated
I've heard this lately. Are there laws being passed or is it just shit being debated? I want it to be true but I've seen the same idea being said multiple times when it just means "addition restrictions" being emplaced which don't mean shit.

>All the talent already left

Factually wrong. Some talent left and plenty of talent was commissioned to begin with. Overblown statements were fucking stupid when it was about Capcom (Mikami, Kamiya and Inaba leaving isn't the same as "everyone left) and it's still stupid now. Kojima isn't the one man army he desperately tries to tell everyone and Iga already said that he'd like to work with Konami again on more Castlevania. In the mean time, you have veteran Contra developers trying to get games off the ground, although having mixed results in that department.

I don't know how Bomberman is the one getting legit games nowadays. There's 0 monetization there as far as I know.

My point still stands. Besides MGS, all Konami's titles are niche as fuck. This is the result of them mistreating their series for decades. So how can they bounce back like Capcom did when Capcom's IPs were always huge sellers? They won't. They don't have the balls to commit to new IPs either. So prepare more garbage like Survive with endless monetization because unit sales are going to be very low. Konami backed itself in a corner by relying so much on gambling and it will pay the price for it.

They remastered Zoe despite it being niche.

I don't like to think about those days. It makes my heart hurt.

They do. Videogames are brings in the biggest profits for them.
It's just those games are mobile and japan only.

Pachinko is dying anyway. I barely brings any money for konami.

Yeah because remasters are cheap as fuck. And as I recall, they outsourced it to a shit studio that ruined the remaster and KojiPro had to step in to fix it.

They remastered ZoE 2 with graphic enhancements and a completely new VR mode. There was nothing cheap about that project. Cygames even said they'd like to make Zone of the Enders 3.

how is it wrong? murayama left the company, akamatsu left the company, igarashi left the company, kojima left the company. those are the brains behind suikoden, castlevania and metal gear respectively. who does konami have right now anywhere near the level of those guys?

The other way round. Pachinko only exists because it's the only form of legalised gambling in Japan. There are talks about them making gambling laws more lax, at which point only grandpas would want to play the surrogate instead of a real thing.

Macau success is influencing governments in Asia for more lax gambling laws.

Don't forget apparently the new Bomberman game in development.

fuck you