KIRYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FIGHTO Yakuza MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thread

Warmed up to Yakuza 7, yet anons?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SxjBWJPf78
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/You will inevitably start to feel bored/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/I think what's really ruined Yakuza threads is insecurity and defensiveness being at an all time high./
youtu.be/j3NAc6KPljc
youtu.be/oX915i0-Xjs
youtu.be/HjAkcYThY_I
youtube.com/watch?v=7ElTRnat3j8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xHRdWlSxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm just clearing Kiwami post-game, I don't care about 7 that much.
But I can say for sure that I won't miss the Yakuza action combat.

Real fans are furious. Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames and now all the zoom zooms are going to fuck it up. Zoomers love turn based combat. Older thinking men like god tier brawlers.

Attached: 1559400108526.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

As someone that actually was a 0 babby and has been playing through the whole series for the past two years, what's the actual opinion on 0 from you guys that have been playing since the PS2/PS3 days? I know the popular troll shit is either "it's the only good one" or "it's shit because it's popular," but what'd you actually think of it?

Attached: 1567069746462.jpg (638x632, 42K)

Nah, I came for a beat em up where I could get the satisfaction of bashing heads with blood splatter. The pacing of an RPG ruins that.

>turning heat actions into the whole game
They are literally insane

I don't know if it counts, but I played the original several months before 0 and thought it was a huge step up from the original.

How's that different from the previous games?

lol

This

Attached: 1559419148049.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

There's like 12 of those for you to play already and odds are Yakuza 8 will be as well.

I played all of them in order of release and 0 frankly does make the others look bad simply because it's the only one that doesn't make the mistake of wasting lots of your time, or having a plot so retarded you have to repeat to yourself "it's supposed to be silly, this is fine" to yourself over and over.

0 is by no means a perfect game, but it's the Yakuza game that balanced the formula of what makes a good Yakuza game better than any of the others. And has the bonus of being competently written. 2 is closest in terms of game quality but loses points for dumb writing.

i haven't played 3456, PC when?

>tell me your opinions so I can take your opinions as my own and be as arrogant as a knowitall oldfag without having to play the games myself

I love turn based games so I was never really bothered by it. People pretend that there was any depth to the old gameplay besides mashing square and chugging health items but there wasn't.

Plus, the gameplay we've seen looks great and the story trailer looked good.

Attached: 1556931567798.png (151x193, 73K)

>Zoomers love turn based combat
Hmmm

Shouldn't you making a thread about FF7R.

>People pretend that there was any depth to the old gameplay besides mashing square and chugging health items but there wasn't.
kill yourself fuckface

It was a really good game and a definite return to form in terms of the storytelling (I can understand why they brought back the guy for Judgement), however I still find 5's abundance of content and characters to slightly edge it out. I personally find the big problem with jumping to 0 is that you skip right to the end of the original games' evolution. Playing in release order you see all the improvements and innovations slowly accumulate, alongside seeing the city of Kamurocho change in real time. However considering the amount of cringey faggots the came with 0 and the PC ports really made me sympathetic towards the series gatekeepers

Attached: 1498509184555.jpg (669x597, 58K)

>persona 5
>octopath
>disGAYa
>Undertale
>All universally loved by zoomers
Hmmmmmmmm

And I will play only them.

I'm cautiously optimistic, the studio has proven they can do different genres in the past but the gameplay that was shown so far looked a bit awkward. I'll still probably get it on release

Attached: 1492685677699.jpg (400x546, 137K)

Not what I was trying to do at all. Out of all the ones I've played, I did enjoy 0 the best so far, although I haven't played 6 or Judgement yet. I was just trying to get some honest thoughts on it since all I ever see in these threads is dumb arguing over obvious shitposts.

bamham easy faggot shit
none of the enemies even try to fight back

they are generic mobs you are meant to beat up. the bosses and lieutenants will hyperarmor your shit

>spam attacks for an easy cheesey win
wow great combat

I think Yakuza is a fine game. It has it's flaws, like some mob characters falling for exploitable combos much like how some fighting games have exploitable combos, but in the end it's a truly enjoyable experience. Don't think that this webm is representative of the entire game.

Attached: 1543543878241.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Did you not read what I said? These are some random guys you can beat up at will or avoid if you don't want to play the game, the actual guys you are supposed to fight can't be beaten like that

Mobs are mobs dude, you expecting every fight to be a chess match with some AI?

I like it very much and rate it highly. I like most of the series though, but my favorites are 0, Kiwami, 5 and Judgment. Started playing these games when Yakuza 2 came out on PS2. I got the first one off eBay and played it and bought 2 off of eBay right after (remember it being pretty expensive at the time).

and I'm saying that every boss can be cheesed

>the best combat in videogames
as long as 7 keeps heat moves in some form turn based is a million times better than the brawler shitshow

Attached: 1568177728739.png (792x792, 374K)

>Warmed up to Yakuza 7, yet anons?
A little bit. I still think the shit with the combat is fucking bad and would rather have comfy simple 3d beat-em-up gameplay. No one else was really filling that niche, so the full on turn-based is very disappointing to me. And I like turn-based games, but Yakuza 7 doesn't look like a good one.
Everything else I've seen on the game looks great though.

I think RGG Studios knows it's been a bit easy. Even Legend mode. The reason I say this is because Judgment on Legend mode is pushing my shit it. I don't have a clue how I'm supposed to beat Shin Amon this time.

Maybe if you are completely OP, but you have to grind to get to that point

I do think it is the best, but not by like a huge margin.

I also believe that every Yakuza game until 6 was strictly better than the one that came before it, and I know that's an incredibly unpopular opinion.

I'm obviously biased since it was the first one I've played but I've now played all of them (though I'm only like 1/3 of the way through judge eyes) and it's still by far the best.
Others definitely have high points and most of them aren't bad by any means, but 0 is still the best in almost every regard.
Turn-based rpgs have always been my favorite genre so we'll see how 7 plays out, I haven't been as big of a fan of the combat since dragon engine came out.

3's the worst in the series but other than that I could understand where you're coming from

I'll readily admit that the only reason I think 3 is better than 2 is because I don't give a shit about the stories in these games beyond deriving pleasure from the absurdly melodramatic cutscenes and providing context for why I'm fighting some shirtless cunt on the roof of Millennium Tower. I think the gameplay generally improves with each entry (except 6), so in general I think that each game is better than the previous one.

Attached: Kuuuuzeeeeeeeee.webm (600x450, 701K)

>brawler shitshow
t. low test cuck

As someone playing since Yakuza 2 (PS2), I actually agree with you. Yeah, 6 was a noticeable downgrade since it clearly needed more development time, but I think RGG studios is back to improving each game before it, in my opinion. Judgment feels much, much better than 6 or Kiwami 2 to me.

I have only played Zero and the combat was honestly pretty annoying.

No. Playing through 6 just the other day there's no way the new turn based combat system will be able to capture the intensity of the last ditch storming of the bad guys base going through 100 mooks before you get to a fight with your equal. Hell even 0 had one with the boat so the people who played that and nothing else will feel what they're missing.
Other than that everything looks pretty good, side content and characters look fun so only the combat will drag the game down.
I do like the fact that are main character seems to die multiple times and come back somehow.

I like turn based rpgs like FF and DQ but do it in a spinoff or new IP not in a numbered sequel.

Not gonna lie though, kiwami 2's combat was fucking retarded. Yeah the physics were neat but other than that, everything else about the combat was shit

>brainless button mashing combat with retarded AI
>clearly designed for autists and 10 year olds
>"y-you're just a low test cuck!1!!1!!!"

Attached: 1566914574653.jpg (450x450, 38K)

>brainless button mashing combat with retarded AI
>clearly designed for autists and 10 year olds
the entire video game industry...

It was fun and there's no other game like it. I don't know who turn based combat is supposed to appeal to but I don't think they are any more sophisticated than your average button smasher. It's a video game for chrissake.

only people who hate Yakuza 7's switch to turn based combat are the people who are into Yakuza for the combat

Who the FUCK plays Yakuza for the combat?

Attached: KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.webm (640x360, 257K)

People who have been playing the game for the entire series because the combat is a big part of the game.

going unga on people with a motorcycle in 0 was great and some of the other things across the series have been nice but the specifics are certainly far from the main draw

Suck of my ween.

Attached: 1505212965869.jpg (560x720, 55K)

>mfw imagining the hundred man fight from 5 but turn-based

Attached: 1408043284294.png (420x420, 311K)

Attached: 1499311143135.jpg (1280x720, 584K)

>8 second wait times as they attack and you can't manually dodge so you're completely at the mercy of rng whether you get hurt or not

Attached: 1504504986953.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

for me it was the setting
walking around Kamurocho and Sotenbori pre bubble was something
plus story was solid
honestly the game was an tribute to the 80s and the bubble and they go out of their way to make kiwami 1 as miserable , drab and gloomy as they could

Attached: yakuzie.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

It's extremely embarrassing how many guys like to believe they're "alpha" because they play an autistic as fuck 100 hour grind which is so casual it's practically impossible to lose and has a primarily female audience.
But yes, tell me again how this is a "manly" series where enemies don't even attack you and you can pause during fights to heal as much as you like.

>But yes, tell me again how this is a "manly" series
You regularly go on top of a skyscraper to rip off your shirt and have a slugest while money rains from the sky.

This

Attached: 1568283436782.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

0 was my first, and I kinda laughed at Kiwami just killing most of the cast off. I can get why they did it though. They obviously didn't know if the game would do well and just went balls to the wall with the drama.

holy shit so manly

My first thought when I saw Nishiki in 0 was "Well he's going to betray me later" and I was surprised when it didn't happen in the game but is most of the plot of 1.
Same thing with wanting to kill dojima too.

>I tortured myself by saying Japanese GTA that is a shitty beat'em'up is "good!"
>OTHERS MUST SUFFER LIKE I DID!
Nah, faggot.

What? So why care about the game at all? You think it's a weeb simulator or something?

>OTHERS MUST SUFFER LIKE I DID!
This is a weird attitude that people who have played all the yakuza games have when others say to start on 0.
They feel that because they played all the games that aren't as good, everyone else should as well. It's dumb. You're noting to enjoy 0 more just because you sit through hundreds of hours of the same shit but not as good first. You're just risking getting bored of it before getting to the good stuff.

Any interest I had in this series disappeared when I saw how bad the combat is from fight to fight. I don't need every game to be top-tier to have fun but literally no challenge and no effort needed at all? Boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=6SxjBWJPf78

You can't. Unless you grind useless side shits until you over-leveled or on easy mode

>Unless you grind useless side shits
that's really telling

not true. in fact the general advice given to anyone who is stuck on a boss is to cheese it.

Who actually gets stuck on bosses in these games anyway? I've only ever had trouble in Judgment, and only on Legend difficulty.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/You will inevitably start to feel bored/
31 results found.
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm/
126 results found.
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/I think what's really ruined Yakuza threads is insecurity and defensiveness being at an all time high./
11 results found.

When will captain autismo inevitably start to feel bored, walking from thread to thread, reading and reading while he stares at his monitor lifelessly?

Attached: 1553755877842.png (826x465, 384K)

>When will captain autismo inevitably start to feel bored, walking from thread to thread, reading and reading while he stares at his monitor lifelessly?
we've been doing this for years
xv-kun got notorious so everyone wanted to copy him

When retards stop reply to his baits. You're on Yea Forums so that day is not coming soon

@479054272
@479054795
@479062425
@479066913
Eat shit schizo retard
youtu.be/j3NAc6KPljc
youtu.be/oX915i0-Xjs
youtu.be/HjAkcYThY_I

Attached: 1549886771635.jpg (1024x1536, 527K)

>Who actually gets stuck on bosses in these games anyway?
Nobody, because the combat is brainless casual shit

What the...

Attached: yakuza has great combat.jpg (1330x764, 309K)

Who is even arguing in this topic and about what? You guys who think the melee combat was braindead and too stupid for you really think turn-based is going to improve on that? You've been playing this series for what exactly? If not you're just here to shit on it.

>all those likes
lmao
so these are the people in yakuza threads telling everyone to "git gud"

@479070436
@479070569
Is this how you cope?

Is it just one guy that posts all the faceapp images? Every other corner of Yea Forums scorns people for that unfunny shit, but for some reason they get posted endlessly in Yakuza threads.

Attached: confused heavy.jpg (215x204, 6K)

This. Yakuza devs have made over ten of these games for more than a decade and the combat still wasn't good so why does anything think they're competent enough to pull a great turn based game out of their asses now?

I swear to god, the only good thing about Yea Forumseddit Yakuza threads are the faceapp pics

i dunno, i don't really think they're good but they're far from the worst thing

Attached: 1504104542672.jpg (800x600, 370K)

Attached: 1560453559220.webm (398x720, 1.98M)

You do realise having to cherrypick THIS hard just proves that all the criticisms about Yakuza combat are true?

Attached: 1551616516973.webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

He knows, user. It's just the shitposter again using a new tactic. If you actually watch the clips that much becomes obvious.

Time to up the quality of this thread

Attached: 1555307382184.webm (888x500, 2.52M)

>the only time the games look good is on the hardest difficulty on the hardest boss and if the player handicaps themselves with certain conditions that the game didn't provide
not really helping your case here user, and I say that as a fan of the games.
considering most people will play these games for 50 - 70 hours, these clips are so incredibly unrepresentative of what you'll actually be doing while playing that I'd almost think you were baiting

Attached: 1560758467734.webm (270x480, 2.11M)

What's this from? Looks hilarious

I won't argue that, Yakuza combat is pretty casual, but it's still satisfying to me. There's nothing like coming home from a frustrating day at work and smashing some dumbass' head into the concrete to relax.

Attached: 1560811983596.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

Attached: 1554463462031.webm (1244x700, 2.97M)

Does anyone else ever feel so angry reading posts on here that you just want to break the posters arms and kick the shit out of them?

What I don't really understand is why make the main game turn based? Wouldn't it have been better to test it in an offshoot?

Attached: 1553149480106.webm (1280x720, 2.16M)

no I don't have severe mental issues thankfully

No, not even once.

I did get really mad trying to play mahjong in Judgment to fulfill that friend event. Fuck that stupid Wareme status.

Yeah, Yakuza fucking sucks so I post my webms

Attached: 1553800964525.webm (270x480, 2.93M)

>Warmed up to Yakuza 7
I haven't, no. I'm doing my first playthrough of Judgment right now and I'm not really feeling that either. On top of not liking the look of 7 I'm probably just burned out on the series in general, I've been in since the PS2 days. Wouldn't mind if it took a solid break.

Attached: 1541806708186.webm (422x236, 2.63M)

uhhh

Does anyone actually like dragon engine? I feel like it's part of why 6 was bad and didn't do K2 any favors.
It's less bad in judge eyes I guess but I still don't like it.

Why can't we just discuss videogames on the videogame board?
Yakuza is a fine videogame.

Attached: 1561226111081.webm (1240x698, 2.87M)

Nah, it stinks.

This is the worst Yakuza thread I ever seen. And I've been posting for years in them.

The ragdolls are fun as fuck and I love the environments and particle effects but character models suck fucking dick.

Attached: 1551439767300.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

Sorry but someone said the combat is bad and I can't prove otherwise so bye bye thread

Enjoy the spam

Weird that someone's got so angry they're just spamming random webms now.
The character models suck and while some of the environments are nice I don't like how literally every piece of scenery turns to twigs if you lightly push up against it.

Attached: It's shit.png (704x387, 154K)

>but character models suck fucking dick.
is that really engine related though

I don't know, but for some reason the lighting casting off the models just looks incredibly off.

>Weird that someone's got so angry they're just spamming random webms now.
I'm just helping this fine thread reach bump limit faster :)

Attached: 1556930622275.webm (512x288, 2.95M)

The models were great in 0 so yea probably

Attached: 1551221202225.webm (640x352, 2.92M)

Shit's so wacky, that it's starting to win me over. I'll give it a shot.

I like it for everything outside of combat when it comes to 6 and Kiwami 2. Walking around in first person and the lighting during the nighttime is fantastic. The combat took a huge hit to accommodate all the dev time spent making the engine and it shows.

Now, Judgment, I feel has some of the best combat in the series so overall I'd say I like it, now.

Attached: 1540595187173.webm (202x360, 2.74M)

Not that it really matters, but why? Every other post is discussing the games. You hate Yakuza this much? I know I'm the bigger fool for even responding to you, but still

This one never fails to entertain me.

>Not even a shitposting thread, literally a thread talking about a video game
>This guy doesn't like that video game though, so he's just going to spam
This is actually sadder than /pol/shit at this point
Yea I kind of like the combat but it still feels weird for him to be flopping around.

You think? I'm really not enjoying Judgment's combat, even with max upgrades everything feels so slow and...tanky, I guess. It's tough to describe

Attached: 1556842432733.webm (402x720, 948K)

>This guy doesn't like that video game though, so he's just going to spam

Attached: 1568127671544.webm (480x480, 2.9M)

The literal third post in this thread was already a spammed shitpost dude, the rest of it isn't much better

What got me at first was that not every button press correlates to a single punch like when you play as Kiryu, and I think that's why it feels slower. But yeah, I love doing flux fissures and those wall kick moves. I understand it isn't for everyone.

I'll probably get laughed at, but I like that Legend difficulty actually gives me a challenge. I'll admit, the Keihin gang leaders sometimes kill me on that mode now.

Attached: 1553833891085.webm (546x504, 1.12M)

>The literal third post in this thread was already a spammed shitpost dude, the rest of it isn't much better

Hey guys i have some combat webms to share :)

Attached: 1542278146803.webm (206x360, 2.15M)

[green hill zone music intensifies]

the third post was about yakuza which is more than I can say for whatever this retard is doing

yeah lad

Tiger Drop is always so satisfying to land, don't you think so?

Attached: 1556996558115.webm (358x640, 2.9M)

got any webms of black people winning the fight? no? that's weird

I think i have but for now have one of my favs

Attached: 1559811972789.webm (224x400, 2.86M)

NO NO NO WTF THIS DESTROY MY NARRATIVE!!!
CHEAT TO MAX LEVEL!!1 YOU'LL SEE THAT THE COMBAT IS SHIT!!!1

Imagine the kind of beta whitey that needs a collection of videos of black people being knocked out to feel better about being afraid of them in real life even when they're just walking by on the street

Attached: 1552667100609.webm (408x720, 2.93M)

Do you have the fight where some kid breaks his leg fighting a whale woman, and another kid starts punching himself in the head?

dude what

Beat you to it :)

Attached: 1567648257968.webm (720x420, 2.52M)

Nevermind, you posted it as I was asking.

>Posts his disingenuous webms for months straight
>One guy finally shows a webms where he's not max leveled and he didn't grind the cheese skills, because a normal player wouldn't know what they were
>Faggot's mind snaps in half
Makes sense, I'll be saving his webms to combat your faggotry by the way, enjoy being insane

>weavel players in MPH

Attached: 1555602526293.webm (642x360, 2.46M)

>unrelated webm fag made the autist fuck off
you aight

what it mean if my peepee got hard

>Implying they aren't the same person

I don't really care about your vendetta but at least I have an excuse to post this now.

Attached: 1445700652678.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Reminds me of a certain heat move

Attached: 1537914770028.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

crazy how it be like that

Damn boy never expected to see Aceman here, post some Gina Dickinson for me my dude

Attached: 1562466544572.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>Damn boy never expected to see Aceman here
he's in literally every yakuza thread though

GE? Or a different one?

Attached: 1563542111041.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

So I'm trying to grind money in Judgment to buy the last free play vouchers for the VR game I need. I'm an idiot and didn't get all of them earlier so I'm doing this in Premium Adventure. I'm out of play passes so I can't grind money in the VR game anymore.

What's another good way to grind for money? My idea is to just to koi-koi games on Expert and buy a play pass once I have enough points, but is there a better way to do this?

Aren't you confusing him with Moose? Haven't seen that guy lately
The cutest and flattest sniper of course

Attached: 1543025795572.webm (588x854, 1.77M)

do the games have any cute goth girls?

Attached: cute goth girl .webm (492x360, 2.02M)

Attached: 44016137_p0.jpg (1227x1536, 661K)

Attached: 1554759401944.webm (640x800, 2.67M)

You know user it's fine to just say you accept yakuza combat isn't the best but you enjoy it anyway. You don't need to get yourself banned by having a nervous breakdown and dumping webms.

Haven't seen that one of mira. Nice. You got any more?

playing yakuza with a keyboard

Attached: 1568132311539.png (500x340, 161K)

Who said i'm having a nervous breakdown? It's just the quality of Yakuza threads has been so disappointing lately and moving so slow i decided to help them a little, you know? :)
Such a shame she isn't in GE3

Attached: 1565722227996.webm (480x480, 1.24M)

> I'm out of play passes so I can't grind money in the VR game anymore.
You get a free one for every baseball thing you do.
I think it has to be the top tier one but it's super easy with the bat+glove

he's obviously false-flagging as someone who likes Yakuza combat. He's trying to paint Yakuza fans as delusional. Actual longtime fans realize the combat isn't the best but we enjoy it for what it is.

>I'd rather have no yakuza discussion at all than see someone posting evidence the combat sucks
lmao yeah user this is an ideal situation, yakuza threads are good now

>Get debunked by 1 (One) webm
>Have a mental breakdown

oh no he's back

Right, I forgot to mention I did all the baseball stuff already. Now when I do the baseball I just get plates, no more passes.

Yeah, I wasted all the passes trying to grind money for Quickstarter instead of more pertinent things, very retarded thing to do on my part.

Attached: 1546020664198.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

I just realised that it was this post that caused the spammer to lose their minds, of all things

There's a limit? I got like 3 of them from the top tier thing so I assumed they were infinite.

I thought so, perhaps I'm wrong. I'll check when I get home, thanks for the tip all the same. If this works, it'll be a lot faster than cheesing koi-koi

which webm proves yakuza combat is bad, exactly? the bees flying to and from their hive or the bull walking up a street?

Attached: 123545243246.jpg (870x675, 129K)

>Is it just one guy that posts all the faceapp images?
I guess there's your answer.

i don't hear it

While possible isn't his thing that he hates the combat? The post that had the combat videos was just above that one.
I'm pretty sure you can still get them, but it might need to be the "hell" courses or whatever

Can you please stop? I need to prove Yakuza combat is bad and you're getting in the way.

You think the guy posting webms of himself at max level facing thugs in chapter 3 is trying to show what Yakuza combat it like?
He's been doing this for months on end, showing these webms and pretending to be "super duper Yakuza fan" but showing combat that's piss easy because he thinks he's witty, one guy posted the Jingu fight where he had none of the advantages of being max leveled or having all the skills and the faggot lost his mind because he can't default to "Game r ez for brainded lel"

>someone on Yea Forums made fun of my faceapp memes saved from r/yakuza so I'm going to make sure nobody can discuss yakuza there ever again!

Also, any tips on fighting Shin Amon in Judgment, especially on Legend mode? It goes without saying I'll need max upgrades for everything but I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with Yagami's phone getting stolen when the fight starts. I can't use extracts or anything then. I guess just get really, really good with Tiger Drops?

>I need to prove Yakuza combat is bad
What? Even fans of the games know this already. Everyone knows.

Does purgatory no longer exist? It's been a while since I played them and I can't remember if they explicitly got rid of it, I remember it still existed for a while after kamurocho towers got built but I haven't seen it yet in judge eyes.

You might think so but no, there are still people who like it. I can't let that happen.

doesn't cherrypicking one fight kind of prove the point though?
the shitty fights you do a million times during the games aren't suddenly good because someone does a no hit run on a boss, right?

Attached: 1305489.jpg (640x480, 47K)

>A situation in which no normal player would be at is normal because he has numerous webms of it
>A situation a normal player would be in (Not max leveled, doesn't know the cheese skills) isn't
You have no clue what the word even means, son

>the shitty fights you do a million times during the games aren't suddenly good because someone does a no hit run on a boss, right?
True, but I feel like admitting that would undermine my point, no matter how obvious it is to everyone reading my posts.

Purgatory has been gone for a while now user.

I thought it was still there at least in 5, maybe I'm just misremembering.

Any news on more ports?

>shitpost-kun is finally banned
Thank you mods. Now we can get back to talking about how god tier Yakuza combat is.

Attached: 1559395522436.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

I think 4 was technically the last time purgatory was seen. Not counting remakes of course.

They said we might finally get kenzan/isshin but I don't know if we actually will.

Based jannies.
Now, can we go back to talking about how Yakuza combat is fucking shit and doesn't belong on Yea Forums?

Imagine playing 0 before 4 and not understanding Majima's motivation at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ElTRnat3j8

Jesus Christ, how the fuck am I supposed to be able to beat this fuck.

spam attacks. just cheese it until you win. that's what the "pros" do after all. sometimes it feels as if that's what the devs want you to do.

I always just beat him on normal and then do a legend playthrough.

or whatever the harder difficulty is called in the game

No, It's in 5 too. You meet Morinaga there in the first part of the finale, fighting in the colosseum.

>Yakuza combat is fucking shit
Excuse me?

Attached: 1567270134415.webm (495x273, 1.07M)

that won't work, I'm on Legend difficulty. spamming attacks gets my phone stolen and most of my health depleted. I just need practice but this Amon seems way harder than the one in 6 or 0/Kiwami

This is the combat that people are willing to get themselves banned trying to defend? There are people getting mad as fuck over someone pointing out that this isn't good?

Are Yakuza fans more autistic than Sonic fans or something?

Ohh. I guess I forgot. Sorry then

A boy dies because of something.
A man dies for something.
A cretin like you wouldn't get it.

That's actually decent combat though, what's your issue with it.

Look at it. The enemies back off until one by one they slowly approach you only to be beaten up. Call me old fashioned by I like the enemies in my videogames to pose at least a slight threat.

0 really is that good, actually. Everything about it is incredibly solid, and the story actually made me care more about Majima beyond LE FUNNE EYEPATCH MAN at least more than 5's attempt to do the same, which I feel was weirdly out of character. The problem with "Crazy" characters like Majima is that people always try to make an excuse as to why they're crazy. 4, 5, and 0 all tried this shit and 0 is the only one that feels kind of justified.

Attached: D9x45rCXUAAVAkj.jpg (1200x1600, 119K)

>That's actually decent combat though
I would love to know what you considered bad combat

The rando fights are always mousou-tier shit that's just meant to make kiryu/whoever look cool.
I don't think the combat is even particularly good but there's nothing really wrong with it, but you're right that the thug fights aren't very good.

The dude that got banned is likely the same one that made the ff7r threads, so he likely evaded and he's already here.

Then we're basically in agreement then
I think it's a shame yakuza devs couldn't find a way to make these fights good after so many years and so many games. Maybe turn based will be an improvement but it feels like they're just giving up rather than fixing the problems.

>Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames
Yakuza had nothing on Sleeping Dogs

It's in the top 3 games easily.

>Combat shitposting again
I want the wemb spam back thanks

>brainless button mashing Turn Based RPG because the devs cant balance for shit and youll just spam the strongest move with low cost you have

user you can literally see in the thread that the guy who got banned was here and was the one who was having a complete nervous breakdown because some people said they didn't think yakuza combat was good

>I think it's a shame yakuza devs couldn't find a way to make these fights good after so many years and so many games. Maybe turn based will be an improvement but it feels like they're just giving up rather than fixing the problems.
I was actually just about to bring up turn-based rpgs, since a large amount of them is fighting against enemies that more often than not have no real chance of killing you and are mostly just to be a part of the game (though also in the case of rpgs it's for experience, which while small is also a part of the reason to fight them in yakuza games, at least very early on)

>because some people said they didn't think yakuza combat was good
That too but mostly he was upset that his faceapp meme was mocked

they're good in Judgment on Legend. what they should be doing is letting you play on the hardest difficulties without having to beat the game once.

The combat would be good if you could actually switch between fighting styles seamlessly and there were more than one combo and Triangle wasn't just used to finish it. I like the setting, writing, music, aesthetic and virtually everything else about Yakuza aside from the actual combat, which is repetitive and shallow.

Sleeping Dogs is just a more casual bamham, Ex-hard/legend/whatever the highest difficulty is offers more of a challenge, generally

In fairness every other aspect of that game was kinda subpar.

I was a little disappointed by 0's ending, I wished Majima and Kiryu teamed up for a little bit and had bro moments
it's just without that it feels odd that Majima is obsessed only with Kiryu and not all the other yakuza that are clearly stronger than him and even more so that he's the only one Kiryu refers to as "nii-san" and no other superior in the family
I know they probably told each other about their exploits during 0 but it's still lame we don't get to see any of it

Attached: y0.jpg (1024x576, 100K)

>keeps spamming the same attack despite knowing it doesnt work
>even monkeys dont put their hands on a flame again once they know its harmful
Jingu is bullshit but come on

oh and I did like Majima's ending with Makoto, that shit was sad

I'm talking in terms of the combat's depth. Also the definitive ediiton did actually make the AI a lot more aggressive.

>likes his enemies to pose at least a slight threat
>still thinks turn based might be an improvement
doesn't add up dude, if anything it's a guarantee it'll be more of the same

>Majima is obsessed only with Kiryu and not all the other yakuza that are clearly stronger than him
Kiryu's the strongest though, granted you do get akiyama and saejima who are good but kiryu's always seen as #1, or at least proves himself to be #1 through the games

Sleeping Dogs didn't seem especially deep to me, it's just centered around the counter system from bamham. there were some neat things like I think holding down square for a harder punch/kick but I'm struggling to think what it has over Yakuza.

I disagree. It's almost as simple as Yakuza really. Just replace Heat moves with environmental prompts.

You're probably right. Losing a fight in Yakuza was already near impossible but it'll be even less likely in 7.

>Ex-hard/legend/whatever the highest difficulty is offers more of a challenge, generally
I'm currently playing through Canon difficulty in Hokuto ga Gotoku, and outside of the fact that bosses will melt your hp bar and thus it's important to always keep in stock a fresh set of items, it's really no harder than Very Hard was. I never really felt like I was in danger of losing, especially with the existence of talismans.

I never got the idea that Akiyama was anywhere near as strong as Kiryu and that any fight between them Akiyama really had no chance, especially considering when they first met Kiryu beat both him and Tanimura at the same time.

Heat moves ARE environmental prompts though.

quote me later, there's gonna be large swaths of complaints on 7 release about how some bosses/enemies are "cheesy as fuck" and people are getting game overs left and right

>over 40 hours into Yakuza 3
>actually having a really good time with it
I was pleasantly surprised, I thought this game would be a slog because all I've ever heard about it is that it's the worst Yakuza game. It's not as good as the first two games, but it's still pretty solid. My biggest complaint with the game is probably just the fucking dodge combo ability being the very last tech upgrade.

Attached: 1566346301806.jpg (750x746, 60K)

>doesn't add up dude, if anything it's a guarantee it'll be more of the same
It won't because enemies will actually attack you now.

What they should be doing is not let you menu up to heal on higher difficulties, or at least not pausing the game when you do it, so you can't just carry an entire keg of energy drinks and chug it throughout fights. Feels like such a small change for a vast improvement it's a wonder they haven't done it yet. Personally I limit myself to only one heal per fight for fun cause it's just too cheesy otherwise.
People talk so much about Dragon's Dogma combat yet it has the same problem.

The biggest issue people had with 3 was those first few hours doing chores around the orphanage and the forced golf game.

>I never got the idea that Akiyama was anywhere near as strong as Kiryu and that any fight between them Akiyama really had no chance
That was my point.
The other playable characters get to fuck people up to but Kiryu's always top dog.

Most of them. But there's some special heat moves that don't use the environment though.

But in Sleeping dogs. That's all you can really do against enemies.

people overlevel and steamroll the games as it is now, imagine it in an actual turn-based jrpg
they might attack you but it'll be for 0 damage

What the fuck were they thinking with this fight? I had more fun jamming nails into my urethra.

The worst parts of the game are the first few hours having to babysit the kids and then the rest of the game is just sort of "eh".
I personally was kind of put off that they have him cry over snake man of all people, compared to literally every other death in the series.

Agreed. I'm a shitter and Amon stealing my phone so I can't pause and heal in Judgment opened my eyes to that.

If they're afraid the casual fans in Japan won't be up to the challenge, they can at least relegate the "no-pause heal" rule to Legend difficulty exclusively (which, again, should be unlocked from the beginning, in my opinion).

Because the games are balanced around chugging your way through the boss fights. Otherwise you get the problem of "bosses take 80% of your health with one combo and literally the only thing you can do about it is not get hit"

>Agreed. I'm a shitter and Amon stealing my phone so I can't pause and heal in Judgment opened my eyes to that.
Wow, they actually did that but only for that fight? Should've extended it to all of Legend.

I think health should be a gradual thing. When you're out walking about healing should be instant but in battle taking an energy drink or something should heal hp over time.

I had fun doing stuff with the orphans, gives you a little feel for what Kiryu's been up to for the last two years. If there are any problems I have with the story it's Sayama being written out of the story at the start for no good reason. Also Kashiwagi's death being the lamest shit ever, fuck off death by helicopter.

Attached: 1557362189220.png (560x556, 255K)

Yea that was part of my complaint, half his fucking extended family dies and he cries over some retard who he's known for a few months.

You have to keep in mind that the devs don't see this series as meant to be a particularly mechnically complex or for that matter, particularly challenging series. They're just going with what works, and personally I'd rather not have the hardest difficulty go down the route of Marvel's Touch of Death problem where the slightest fuckup means just put down your controller, you've lost.

>Warmed up to Yakuza 7, yet anons?
i'm not to into turn based rpg's like dragon quest and shit like that, but this looks more entertaining after seeing gameplay.
seems like reactions and quick decision making, and just generally paying attention to the flow of battle will determine the pace, and lead to success which i find more appealing.
ichiban also looks like a great protag, and the new city in yokohama looks fucking huge with a larger amount of visual variety than normal.
only thing i'm worried about is the 1v1 boss encounters since i don't know how well a turn based game like this will handle them.

Forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xHRdWlSxM
Bosses already do enough damage in combos on Legend, they don't need to also take away your only way of mitigating it so that every fight just comes down to "just don't get hit"

>i'm not to into turn based rpg's like dragon quest and shit like that
You can't go wrong with DQ, it perfected turn based combat

Could just do as said, along with not pausing the game

>It perfect turn based combat
it (mostly) started turn based combat and hasn't changed in over 30 years

I guess that works. I'm just saying don't take away healing entirely if you design bosses to just melt hp bars and have them take ages to whittle down without some cheese strat. That's not good boss design.

>and hasn't changed in over 30 years
That's blatantly untrue, it's just hard to notice the little changes if you haven't kept up with the series over time. Each game makes little refinements in some way (though personally I think they went backwards from 7 to 8)

i might give it a try between now and 7's release.

DQ8 is generally a good beginner's pick, either PS2 or 3DS version, both of which are easily emulated.

i'll start with that, thanks user.

Attached: Kiryu_thumbs_up.gif (500x281, 764K)

It's actually incredible how much better these thread is now that the guy furious about different opinions is gone

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Writing.webm (650x364, 2.97M)

Might be fun, I just wish turn-based in in a spinoff instead. I'll give it a go.
Does anyone else think this has something to do with Sakura Wars doing the opposite? Too much of a coincidence

Reminder that you might have autism if it makes you angry that some people might not feel the same way about the new combat as you do

Attached: 1569136453848.png (730x748, 613K)

I'll give it a try, it seems different and that might turn out to be pretty fun.
Going to have to wait until it's on PC though.
Has anyone ever done the entire Completion list? I've done all substories in Kiwami 1 and 0 but damn...damn that fucking list.

>Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames
are you fucking retarded

Attached: is this nigga serious.png (568x447, 374K)

I'm a pretty diehard autistic 100%er and I was about 40% of the way through the list on 0 before I found out about mahjong and gave up on the series.
I'm sure moose will now magically teleport in to tell me how "Actually mahjong is really easy!" or some shit

fuck off, it's already been proven that it's true

>tfw can't even cheat it like Poker in Dead Rising with the luck mags

Attached: 1553349178703.jpg (382x382, 39K)

It is the fucking worst if you emulate it like I did.

Zoomers fucking hate turn-based combat, what crack have you been smoking user?

>It's boring
>turn based combat in 2019
>why did they do this, etc.

People who started with 0.

>disgaea
>loved by zoomers
are you new?

How do you fuck up this badly on Jingu? I remember that fight being over as soon as it started lmao this is some journie type shit

>Yakuza 7

yakuza 7 wont be a brawler, you know this right?

The original was like playing pokemon in grass while doing boring fetch quests.
The fighting wasnt that good either.

sometimes, but whenever i start writing replies to their shitty posts i end up realizing how much of a waste of time it would be and i just continue with my day

Add CHOPPA

No, I already have far too many people in my personal life I want to do that to as-is, I don't need to add the internet to the list.

It's a gimmick Amon so once you understand the gimmick it's just a matter of execution. He's actually one of the easier ones, the last phase ends up being the only hard part once you get the fight.

Phase 1 is pretty simple to figure out and you can avoid him taking your phone entirely if you're patient (Though it's not needed since the entire fight is based around not having it and using Rejuvenations so you don't die during the later phase gimmicks). You can attack him about two or three times before he bounces you, and until he steals your phone every third attack will be an attempt at a grab unless you bounce off of him at which point he'll almost always make an attempt at it. Either use a properly timed Flux Fissure during the grenade attack to super armor through the throw or you can constantly sway behind him, hit him with two or three hits from Tiger, then immediately back away and repeat.
Phase 2 and 3 are the same thing, it's just that phase 2 you can deal full damage with either style while phase 3 requires the opposite style to deal damage but you take double damage in the opposite style on both phases meaning pretty much instant death. These phases are both using EX Burst to absorb Heat and then retaliating however you feel like it along with making sure you time the EX Burst properly in phase 3 so you can actually damage him at all but still survive a style shift.
One thing to note here is that when he shifts phases if you dealt more damage than is needed to take him into the next phase it'll only do up until the threshold to the next phase.

"Actually mahjong is really easy!" etc.

There you are, one of the few people of any help in these threads. So before I try the fight again, I want to obtain all the skills, currently I don't even have attack or HP maxed.

I'm all out of play passes and need to get the six free play passes. What's the easiest way to grind money in this game? I've been doing koi-koi on expert since you can exit out of the game if you lose and not lose your wooden tags. Currently, I'm thinking I'll just get enough points to get 10 play passes so I can do the Long course at the VR game and get (hopefully) around a million yen. I need about two million to buy both of the other play passes from the other two gambling places (and still have to do all the drone races for the last one). Is this the best way of going about it, or is there a better way?

I forgot to mention, the reason I want to get the play passes is so I have basically infinite money from the VR game, so I can just buy a shitload of Hug Bombs for easy SP

>What's the easiest way to grind money in this game?
Long course nets you 2.6 to 5.X million a run depending on your luck in about 15-30 minutes.
>I need about two million to buy both of the other play passes from the other two gambling places
Expert Koi-Koi nets you the points needed for wooden tags at both places that accept them, it only takes one match to get like 3000-6000 tags. Savescum blackjack to get your 10k chips, you only need three or four wins in a row. The only seed money you need is the 100,000 yen for each area. You can also abuse the fact blackjack has a set deal rotation on certain save reloads to get yourself some money via selling paint if you want. Drone races only require two sets of specific parts (You should probably look these up since the builds are pretty specific but they work) so as long as you have around 7ish million that should cover absolutely everything parts-wise.

It sounds like you have some very real issues that you should deal with in a responsible way before you hurt yourself or someone else

But it's more likely you'll just do nothing and spend 18 hours a day on Yea Forums getting mad over nothing until you have a complete breakdown

I've only done the beginner league for the drone races, so I don't have a solid grasp yet on just how much I have to do. Do you have to do each league to get the free play pass? Also, thank you for helping me, as you've done for the past few games over the past few years.

>Do you have to do each league to get the free play pass?
You have to complete every single league including the final one in first for the total (Meaning 1st in everything but two matches which have to be a mix of 2nd and 3rd). The Quickstarter parts give you an enormous advantage for a long while and outclass tons of stuff. You can quit the Gran Prix every time you get in 1st to save and they still keep your place.
Remember that you should turn earlier than you think because there are physics applied to the drone itself so you can cut corners way easier once you finally understand how turns work because they're very odd for a long while. I really suggest you look up a guide once you get to the final tournament, everything else you can wing but the last one requires specific setups for 1, 2, and 6 and I think 7 and then another for the rest of them. One of the specs is low durability max speed and acceleration/turbo while the other is more durability but slightly less speed.

it's really nothing special and gets quite tedious