DUDE Fromsoft is the best most inspirational dev of the decade

>DUDE Fromsoft is the best most inspirational dev of the decade
>Copies Rockstar

Thought Japan dabbed on the west?

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-081457.jpg (1440x1141, 397K)

bad thread

He plays lots of games. He wants to make a Battle Royale too. Miyazaki loves games.

The truth hurts huh?

>Next game is R* style open world
>Horse back riding confirmed

Looks like other devs are leaving their mark on the industry more than them.

developer that actually cares about games? what year is this?

is Ghost of Tsushima a western set in the east?

Attached: 8678656685678.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

>everyone copies everyone else

god when can aaa gaming just fucking die

In Fromsofts Weatern you play as a slave catcher

Everything is open world now days because of R*. Don't let Nintendofags try to fool you.

What exactly does he mean by RDR2 style? Same style of gameplay, setting or storytelling?

yet he only makes janky trash. probably doesn't even test his own games which as an game enthusiast is pathethic.

>fromsoft
>copies western game Severance
>"inspirational"
Like all japs, they only copy what the west invents.

Pretty much, and that's how you know it's gonna suck and be soulless corporate moviegame.

>Fromsoft is the best most inspirational dev of the decade
Didn't every game they made before demon's souls flopped?

Worse reply.

>Aonuma said BOTW 2 takes inspiration from RDR2
>now this
so much for BOTW being the most revolutional game lmao

>implying based Miyazaki will ever copy Rockstar's trademark 2 seconds of input lag gameplay

Attached: 1490710409333.jpg (523x521, 97K)

Share an original idea for a game then.

>japan

Chasing that $$$. Their games aren't that successful. They need better sales.

my guess is the focus on pacing and taking things slow in a massive detailed world
that could be any setting, but the style is still unlike other open world games

Okay. What games have you made since you're not pathetic?

based truthposter

Japan ripping off a western dev to make a cowboy game is only fair for western film directors ripping off samurai movies to make cowboy movies

>This samefagging

Ooofff

>of the decade
>before demon's souls
DeS was 10 years ago

>t. faggot who doesn't like games with actual gameplay

stop seething so hard

I'd be willing to bet BOTW 2 also takes quite a bit of inspiration from BOTW as well, perhaps even a tad more than from RDR 2.

Hopefully not

Don't you think it's about time we got a Zelda game where you can murder any NPC's, have Zelda give you a lap dance/bathe you and have a much better story?

I am not a big souls fag but RDR with gameplay sounds fun

horses, open world and huge sales, thats it

>man who loves games make makes for people who hate games
SOCIETY

> Art inspires other art
What a travesty.

Horse balls

>but RDR with gameplay sounds fun
>It's only got gameplay if it has RPG elements and boss battles

God I hate dumb weebs.

Golden Kamui game for PS5, it would be the anime RDR.

Revenge for Fistful of Dollars ripping of Yojimbo

>Game set in a cross between the Wild West and Japan
>Gunslinging Ninjas, Parlor Geishas, duels at high noon with katanas
I'd be interested, honestly.

Yeah because walking around shooting some bandits with hitscan weapons is totally engaging gameplay or pressing X to do slow ass animation
>It's only got gameplay if it has RPG elements and boss battles
Never said that, but the souls gameplay of timing attacks is a lot better than RDR point and click

from should stop pussyfooting around and just make a gothic 2 clone already

ARMOURED CORE WHEN?????
FUCKING FROMSOFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

dark souls came directly from copying a mishmash of berzerk, zelda, and general Western European medieval culture and it turned out good

So where's Armored Core 6?

obviously not considering they kept making them. are you retarded?

I just hope it’s as autistic with the role playing elements that rdr2 was. Many times I found myself just walking around the towns or the cities and living out an autistic cowboy routine due to all of the shit you could do in the game

>Last days of fuesal lords and vassals as the samurai are struggling to find a place in the new imperial japan
>MC dies in the battle of Shiroyama and you play on as his bastard son thats been a side character
Id play it

fpbp OP is retarded

>style game
in other words, make an open world game that's not total shit.

Red Dead Revolver started out as a Japanese game.

In other words, they have rockstars dick in their mount like every other dev

Mouth*

RDR2 was a shitshow and I'm not sure why Japanese devs seem so into it.

Maybe just the hunting segments? Those were good.

>jap devs wanting to imitate western games
Nothing new

Leave Yea Forums for some time, it's rotting your brain.

But Sekiro was so fucking boring

Attached: 1566034603928.jpg (480x334, 14K)

>it's ok when nintendo does it

Attached: Screenshot_20190923-083117_Firefox.jpg (1080x1656, 384K)

My first thoughts as well.

GIVE ME BACK MY MECH BUILDER GAME, GOD DAMN IT!

Attached: wolverine1.jpg (257x358, 108K)

May be because they have better taste and judgment then your dweeb ass?

>Game developer taking inspiration from another game developer

Wow, what a fucking travesty. Somebody making a game that isn’t a 100% original idea with no prior influences, and instead making a game that takes inspiration from something that they liked to produce a game that has the strengths of what inspired it, along with whatever unique spin the new game has on it? They deserve to be put on a cross, clearly.

lmao excuse me for badnaming your beloved corporate business, NPC, but those old fromsoftware games where failures look up ninja blade if want a laught.

Production values, engine and how everything comes together. I will admit Rockstars needs/should want to improve mission designs but it's not like From doesn't also have many areas they can improve on as well. Mainly performance handling and better production values. They finally mastered how lip sync works with characters in Sekiro. Oh and they want better sells too, it's not a coincidence Elden Ring will be true open world and have horseback traversal. They're hoping these changes= better sales.

You won't hear it from here but there's pressure from investors for devs like Fromsoft to start delivering in the revenue department. Pressure from the mobile industry success and a lack of decent console sales outside some Nintendo games and Dragon Quest.

every single piece of media you consumed in your pathetic lifetime could be called a copy
that's how culture works, take something that exists, improve on it, and add your own thing you stupid fuck

*they perfected
FTFY

>Wild west soulslike
yes please

I haven't played any fromsoft game pre demon's but nice try you retard. do you know what a flop is? they would not be financially able to make a fucking dozen armored core games if they flopped, they don't shit money lmao

>outside some Nintendo games
Let's not pretend Nintendo isn't having success in hardware and software because of the switches mobile and handled capabilities.

A cowboy Souls game

Attached: huohh.jpg (833x925, 157K)

There gaming companies that live off from one flop to the other look shit like spiderweb software and piranha bytes.

>everything from does is a souls game
>especially if it has none of the parts of a souls game that make souls games unique
I want this meme to die

Attached: 1445295360850.gif (187x220, 607K)

imagine red dead redemption visual quality openworld in dark souls setting with pvp. elden ring 2?

I'm also looking forward to them going back to their roots and making another Mecha Souls game

a flop is something that fails, so those things obviously aren't flops

From doesn't have the luxury to work on a game for 8 years

Miyazaki is a hack who accidentally made one good game and normalfags eat his garbage games up because it makes them feel like a "le epik hardcore gamur"

Video games aren't art

Never gonna happen, just play Daemon X Machina

Filtered by chained ogre.

Fromsoft is just the Souls guys now, better get used to it because it's not changing any time soon

>duuuhh you think gaem bad, dat mean you bad at it

which was the good one

>many Japanese game creators said Skyrim was GOTY
>no one of them didn't even try to copy it

Sekiro is not a souls game and I want whatever you're smoking if you think it is.

>RDR style game set in the warring states era
ALL OF MY MONEY

Sekiro is literally the dark souls of dark souls games

>fast sword combat to walking simulator
sounds great

I suppose after making good games for so long, they want to try their hand at making a boring one

car racing game with small unique movement options that, through the physics engine, can be abused into a wholly unique game in of itself
items are similar to quake in that they're never random. never have an item that truly halts progress of enemy cars. have a sensible Xtreme angle but with a unique look and feel, avoiding 90s edge generecism.
done

Attached: 6ed138fb343f47dce2734dc2c2817dfc9f221f68.png (640x500, 22K)

sure it isn't

>wants to make a RDR style game
>immediately starts working on another souls type game
ok man

>immediately starts working on another souls type game
>open world
>horse ding

already has more in common with RDR.

>open world is exclusive to RDR
also, miyazaki said he's probably using the term open world wrong because he didn't quite know how to describe it. that already eliminates the possibility of r* style open world

Rockstar are the top dog video game developer and I don't think they ever made a truly bad game, well, maybe Manhunt 2. Hate their business practices, but you can't deny the quality of their products

>inspired by
>copies
You have no reading comprehension do you?

Literally why do people care about this East vs West shit? Some games are good, some are not. It doesn't matter if they're wearing a blue shirt or a red shirt.

RDR2 is technically impressive, but R* is clearly much more interested in making movies over making games
RDR2 was boring to play

>potential for some rad af East vs West cowboy samurai shenanigans
I'm down

you are a gay copy of your parents