I'm going to be a big streamer

I'm going to be a big streamer
>I just need to get thousands of dollars in equipment first
>then I'll make it
>'Unique selling point? What's that?'

Attached: Streamer.webm (711x400, 2.86M)

>Unique selling point? What's that

Attached: asmongo.jpg (512x512, 29K)

Why not?
You get to have fun and make more money than you would doing most other jobs

I'm not sure if you understood the point of the OP, but those streamers are all sitting at 0 viewers. hundreds of people all likely thinking they're going to be able to make more money than they would doing any other job.

It's the modern version of "I want to be an astronaut" only instead of aiming to go to outer space they aim to play video games while kids throw money at them

Have you tried streaming for fun instead of going for the big bucks?

>'Unique selling point? What's that?'
titties

>Implying you need to be a big streamer to make any money

The female twitch community says hello

sex always sells. no getting around that market

streaming sounds fun, but... i’ll be honest, i’ve been living under a rock the last 3 years. what’s the appeal if you’re not a woman?

All big successful streamers have been doing it for years, like Asmongold. They were just lucky to be doing it before everyone else
Alternatively just become a girl and gain 5k viewers overnight

Attached: 1555289805367.png (973x935, 1.29M)

Nah it's the modern version of "I'm gonna be a rockstar". I don't think anyone wanted to be an astronaut because it's an easy to do, fun job, they want to do it because it's a big honor to be one.

>they want to do it because it's a big honor to be one.
little kids didn't want to be astronauts because of the honor lol, it was because you get to ride a rocket

I sometimes streamed some games for 15-30 people and I was completely satisfied, I did it for fun and it sure was fun.
Not all of them want to do it because they want to be a super big streamer or nothing, sometimes having some few viewers is just fun.

I wanted to be a foreign trade expert as a kid, you can't really make sense of what kids want to do. It's adults who stream or become astronauts.

Yea the autism is starting to come through now

>you can't really make sense of what kids want to do
No YOU can't. But you could if you had been a normal kid with normal aspirations like riding a fucking rocket.

Honestly you gotta view streaming as like a kids show. You have an actor playing a character and you get to see him do his thing. If you're older you might just treat it as the modern day talk show just kinda listening to it in the background

Sounds like you were the autist if you wanted to ride a rocket, it's a wonder you didn't break your neck from jumping off the roof while pretending to be spiderman.

It must be insanely easy to get a sub button cuz i'll see so many garbage channels have one.

You probably weren't even allowed to read comics, dweeb. Can't cut in to that biography time

>hey kiddo what do you want to do when you grow up

>1: make lots of money, travel around and make friends
>2: sit in a metal box that could explode at any moment and be locked in there with some other dudes for months cuz RiDInG rOooOockeEEETS
Now which is the autistic one.

The one where you sit in your room for 10 hours of the day playing videogames and reading off a chatlog? That said it's still better than sitting in an office 8 hours a day with people you hate

It use to be a past time of mine back when CoD/Minecraft videos were popular, to just go and filter by views and see the insane amount of channels and videos with no subs/views. I never got how YouTube lost money till I saw how much shit they're processing and storing that will never even get a view let alone an ad play. Streaming to me is even more depressing since you're legit stuck watching that view count be 0 while speaking to yourself. I don't know how people do it.

Attached: 1446842712196.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

: sit in a metal box that could explode at any moment and be locked in there with some other dudes for months cuz RiDInG rOooOockeEEETS
>cuz RiDInG rOooOockeEEETS
>Now which is the autistic one.
You are still the autistic one. The 'cuz' is because you get to go in to outer space.

Was your dad a General or something, what kind of sperg upbringing did you have?

it's all connections, girls sending nudes and sucking cocks mostly

Next time you talk to a normal person around your age, ask them if they ever wanted to ride a rocket when they were a kid. Also, your mom doesn't count.

here’s hoping i’ll have people watching, then. i talk to myself too much while playing; might as well channel all that nervous energy elsewhere

Not just girls, a bunch of dudes too. Like it just seems like they hand those sub buttons out like candy.

It's worse now since the consoles and every GPU has in built streaming capabalities. YouTube's server farms soon will start devouring states.

you don't need that many viewers over a period to get a sub button, but it's almost impossible getting a single viewer unless you have some connections to another streamer or someone at twitch

I think having 1 viewer is even worse than 0

Or you know, standing up on a stage telling stories and jokes, huh how autistic would that be.
And what's in space, fucking rocks and vacuum, wow great. Sure worth dying for autismo.
I doubt anyone I know did, sounds like some autistic american meme.

Answer the question turbosperg, what was your upbringing like?

>I doubt anyone I know did
You can't pretend to know what other people's dreams were as a kid, remember? :^)

Is "riding a rocket" euphemism for getting fucked by your dad or something? But yeah my dad was Einstein and my mom was Tesla. Otherwise it's impossible that normal people would have normal ambitions and not autism rockets.
Which is why I said "I doubt", you should work on your reading comprehension there autismo.

Even if you doubt it, my post isn't wrong.

Who's that monstruous unit?

Your refusal to answer is very telling. No normal child wants to be a foreign trade expert, or says kids want to be astronauts because of the 'honor'.

How to become a big streamer within a year

1. Have a friend with a big stream
2. Have him host you after he ends his stream. Do this for a few weeks
3. Wow, you now have hundreds of regular viewers! Much success to you!

Like anything else streaming is about who you know.

See I respect people standing on a stage performing, be it comedy or music. Sitting in front of a monitor talking to yourself is a very different thing to aspire to than to be a comedian or a musician.

>tfw you did not start streaming 2014 and missed out on streaming money there's no way you can big now

fuck me.

Attached: 1546905830820.png (1470x786, 156K)

>Alternatively just become a girl and gain 5k viewers overnight
If only this was true in the minds of anyone but incels.

Maybe you should've spent less time jumping off roofs as a kid and you wouldn't have problems with reading comprehension.
No normal child wants to risk death to see rocks, that's autism.
Not really, you're just on a digital stage instead of a physical. You're still in front of people trying to entertain them.

Pretty much. I always ask people who want to get in to streaming or YouTube when was the last time they watched any channel with fuck all viewers or subs? Probably never, and the few you might have come from someone else calling them out.

I watch a streamer with 1k viewers and making over 5k in sub money a month. He started a year ago. He got big via
Close friends with two people who had a large following already. They kept hosting him. Boom, now he's a big deal due to the exposure.

Its getting bad, I work in education in a country where we can /actually/ get all sorts of work for kids leaving high school, even D students can get stable futures.

About 1/3 kids of all types believe they can "make it" as streamers/youtubers. No matter how much you explain it to them that the numbers are against them they come back about how they have ways they will make it work.

Attached: soup.jpg (640x478, 69K)

His selling point is his punchable face?

I just like streamers that know about video games. So many just play a handful of popular games.

>No normal child wants to risk death to see rocks, that's autism.
Such a sperg statement. It's funny you're such a sperg you can't see that.

>reading comprehension
Oh you've run out of arguments.

Except for being insane at a game there's really no shortcut but luck and knowing the right people.

You could always try to viewbot in the beginning to get some more viewers, then slowly taper off when you get actual people watching and chatting.

You can still make it, but the first step is to be interesting in some way and this is where most people fail already. Also helps to grind and become really good at a new game and get the viewers trickling down from the big streamers as they all move on to the next game.

Whatever you say sperg, go and explode in a metal box because le rockets and le space.
What arguments, I'm simply stating that you can't read.

>Whatever you say sperg, go and explode in a metal box because le rockets and le space
wew

>tfw I can never make money streaming because the only games I play are shit zoomers have no interest in

>what arguments
exactly. You're not able to supply any reasonable responses to my statement that you were not a normal kid, therefore you don't know what normal kids wanted to do (which was riding rockets of course). When you're done screaming about "muh reading comprehension" maybe you'll realize you've been sperging for the last hour about this when I can guarantee most people in this thread dreamed about going to space at one point or another.

>interesting streamer hosts his boring friend playing Destiny 2
I make a point to never give those leeches a chance.

what streamer

And you really need to have a youtube channel that has highlights of the stream. Streaming without a channel is a waste of your time.

That wasn't even what you were talking about. Again, learn reading comprehension spergoid.

This is why making it big as a streamer actually requires work. You dont just play for fun, you play what people watch and you either like it or pretend to like it.

I'm unironically going to start streaming when I upgrade my PC. I'll do it for fun, have my job irl, and continue schooling so I actually have a plan besides this.

>That wasn't even what you were talking about
and you say my reading comprehension is bad

Attached: 1546782487118.gif (480x320, 2.99M)

>All big successful streamers have been doing it for years, like Asmongold. They were just lucky to be doing it before everyone else

Correct. People tend to forget there's only 24 hours in a day and all streamers are competing for time. No random viewer will stop watching his favorite streamer to check out your shitty stream if you're covering the very same subject.

It is, so are your writing skills. Now I know why you love rockets and stars so much, that's the sort of stuff they have on the door of the "special kids" class.

You don't 100% need it, but it helps as a second source of revenue and your twitch and your youtube will both feed each others. Also make use of social media like Twitter to announce streaming schedules and stuff like games you plan to play.

>I'm gonna start streaming
>hmm what should i play to try to build an audience
>ah yes world of the warcraft, the most saturated game on twitch right now, that will surely net me viewers

theyre all failures

If you're starting out, play something you enjoy playing that doesn't have crazy directory saturation. if you're worth watching the people will show up, but not if you're at the bottom of the list past like 4000 other idiots

>that's the sort of stuff they have on the door of the "special kids" class.
You sound like you've been there before.

Holy autism.

>I just need to get thousands of dollars in equipment first
you are a brain damaged retard

to be fair none of the big streamers really have a gimmick that's any good mainly because it's effectively impossible to maintain it for their long streaming hours. it's why produced content will always be king over watching someone mumbling half-asleep or eating on a stream when they're supposed to be doing whatever.

>WEEE WOOO ROCKETS WEEE WOOO SPAAACE

Attached: 1542213961975.jpg (1251x391, 120K)

>At the age of 6 I wanted to be the Kindergarten Class President and Trade Representative to the Lunchroom
wew

All the equipment in the world and being the first to play a hotly-anticipated game don't mean shit if you're an uninteresting fuck with uninteresting commentary.

hey alright shut up bitch

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 3K)

>Decent webcam, audio interface and XLR mic
>Thousands
More like $200-350 at worse

Attached: 1556772787134.png (224x224, 30K)

If you don't play popular games, no one is going to watch you.

>Decent webcam, audio interface and XLR mic
>Thousands
Oh weird, I guess all those things just work by themselves and don't need to be plugged in to anything

You mean someone staring dead eyes into their monitor isn't interesting? At least titty streamers have a reason to use face cam

Don't you all have a good desktop computer?

>I want to do ____ so I can rake in tons of money for nothing!
I fucking hate all the retards with this fucking mentality, all they do is make the playing field worse for whatever profession or hobby by over-saturation. Suddenly you need to compete with shit tons of assholes instead of a much smaller group. Quality inevitable slips because of that.

Well I was voted to be the group leader when I was like 7, I guess other kids found me more reliable than some spergoid going on about rockets and space.

I kind of want to get into streaming but know I won't last long because I like using the N word and being shirtless

Attached: 1551485097087.jpg (720x643, 23K)

>friend says he's going to try streaming
>ask what he's even going to stream because he's super jaded and quits everything after 30 minutes
>says he doesn't know
>wants me to support him because he needs this to work because he already quit his job

Attached: 1448249008366.jpg (589x549, 63K)

Watching what DSP does for money makes me never want to do it, it's fucking miserable.

well thats a ticking timebomb

bail

>quitting a job to stream
I don't know why I keep getting surprised at how utterly retarded people can be.

Literally doesn't cost you a thing to just flip on streaming.

Imagine instead of being DSP you're wings. At least DSP could play whatever he wanted and miserable, the wings guy is stuck playing CoD forever but also no one knows who he is

Don't listen to this idiot, the only way to build a community is to play games that not many other folks are playing, you will attract folks looking for that game specifically and then if you're good enough they will stick around for the next thing you play. Playing popular shit is only good when you're already at the top

>Too autistic and bland to be an e-celeb
>Out of work too long and not normie enough for a real job
Really dug myself into a hole..

Attached: 7MUTn.jpg (400x449, 16K)

>wants me to support him
>because he needs this to work
>because he already quit his job
uh, hmm.

People aren't going around looking for a stream of some niche shit

And a pair of tits

Yeah that fucker is living the nightmare.

costs time, user. can’t be wasting it on zero (0) viewers

>playing for its own sake
>turn on stream
>keep playing normally until someone tunes in
Whoa.

To be fair, even that isn't a guarantee. Twitch is filled up with thots that aren't making much money.

I stream VNs/heavy story games for a couple friends of mine and it's always a fun time and kind of like a book club. Sometimes randos show up but tend to dip after a little while, couldn't care less.

Attached: 324657.png (552x981, 609K)

>friend says he is going to stream
>try to support him
>he exclusively plays overwatch, a game nobody gives a shit about. He isn't even that good
>has paypal, pateron, coffee and tip jar links on his page. He set them up day one.
>blames his lack of popularity on liberals
Endless source of entertainment, that one.

GAY PARRIES

>until someone tunes in
the “what next” always gets me

I'm not saying that you're going to make it but that OP's assumption that those people invested "thousands of dollars in equipment" for their zero viewers stream is dumb.

im not saying niche shit, im just saying something that doesnt already have 10,000 viewers

Go play like Dark Souls or fucking FF or some shit, something where if you stream at 0 youre still in like the first 1-2 scrolls on the directory

>tons of people sitting at 0 viewers
>too dumb to open a tab to make it 1 viewer

And that's their first mistake.

Time is money, user. In those 24 hours you were masturbating and streaming to 0 people, you could have been making money at a job that guarantees pay.

Yeah but I wouldn't so what's your point.

Wtf is wrong with zoomers?

Attached: sho.png (300x169, 84K)

>YOU'LL SEE, MY TIME WILL COME! IT WILL!!!!! JUST YOU WAIT AND I'LL RUB IT IN YOUR FACE!!!!

Attached: how i feel.png (475x533, 107K)

>0 viewers
>can't even get their mom/friends/coworkers to turn on the stream to bump you up the list
not gonna make it

Giving handjobs to hobos in alleyways unironically would pay more then streaming you silly zoomer.

Git gud at speedrunning something people will want to watch. It doesn't have to be a super popular modern game. The only streamer I watch is a guy who speedruns Banjo Kazooie and he gets 300 views every night and donations/subs every 10 seconds.

Yes but I don't want to do that or any profitable and/or productive stuff I could theoretically do. I want to play video games and I will one way or the other. Might as well have my 0 viewer stream on.

well, there’s the PC itself, which should run games at at acceptable graphical quality _while_ streaming—probably no more than a thousand on average;

a single decent camera + mic—those two you most definitely can’t cheap out on;

and what else am i missing... it’s not as overblown as OP makes it out to be overall, i guess. the trick is to, well, treat it as just something to do on the side.

You only need a pc capable of streaming and a microphone to become a successful streamer.

i heard nymn say once that the door to streaming is closed and the only way to become successful is to have someone else open the door for you and let you in

>made a JTV account back in 2009 when Twitch didn't even exist yet
>streamed a couple of times and got a dozen random viewers but thought it was too bothersome
>could've gotten at least a small following and raking in some sidemoney while playing vidya
>if you try to stream now you get 0 viewers like in OP's webm
JUST

>a single decent camera + mic—those two you most definitely can’t cheap out on

You actually can. A lot of streamers use the C920 Logitech cam, which is like $40 -- yes, even some of the big ones. You can find a good mic that doesn't cost hundreds. You could even use a headset mic if you clean it up.

What you're doing matters more than the equipment, SO LONG AS the image is clear and the audio isn't absolutely terrible.

>made new Twitch account to do games with Yea Forums with no facecam bullshit
>got more views than my main account gets
I'll never hit it big, but at least we can have fun

Attached: niiice.png (299x455, 236K)

If you have zero viewers and are streaming just fucking quit, you're too stupid to figure out the basics of how to build an audience.

>had a youtube acc in 2005
>did nothing
>had a justin.tv acc in 2008
>did nothing
>knew about bitcoin from a friend when it was still in hundreds
>did nothing
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah it''s the same in any creative led industry, only a very small percentage get 90% of the profits, agriculture is the same

You need more than one good reason for people to watch you. I watch one occasionally and he
>makes his viewers laugh
>very knowledgeable about the game
>plays at a high level
>makes his own mixes
>puts up a lot of youtube videos
>doesnt just play the game, it's common for him to coach viewers, cast games from bronze to proleague or play arcade modes
>uploads a lot of videos to youtube, ton of guides

>have streaming equipment but internet is too shit to stream at a stable good bitrate
Oh well. I never been a person who likes the spotlight. I preferred to be on the sidelines, making sure everything works out.

You don't need to become a big streamer. Just stream for your friends, and make said friends bring more people. Don't get into streaming to make money or you'll get frustrated and quit. Do it for fun for a couple of years and see what happens.

>>knew about bitcoin from a friend when it was still in hundreds
>>did nothing

>thought bitcoin was a joke when it first got announced and almost bought $100 of it as a goof

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

tfw no friends

Just wait until 15 years later when the kids of millennials are the ones being catered to.

just buy a guitar and become a rockstar

Nobody wants to join a stream with 0 viewers and be the one guy, even if you have to beg your family to watch it's better than having 0.

Being the only guy there is really fucking awkward.

If you can't even make friends how the fuck are you going to make people want to watch you play some shitty game?

>knew about bitcoin from a friend when it was still in hundreds
When it was at $20 I was thinking about buying 30 BC. I didnt because it was clearly a scam...

Not all of those are trying to be a big streamer. Notice how most don't have cams. Most are just being casual and trying to have fun.

Attached: 1496892330880.jpg (1280x960, 206K)

I often hop in streams with a few people and chat with the streamers.

>photoshopped the headset on
>camera isnt pointed at him
>game like popular mmos

Attached: 1502830167256.png (205x256, 88K)

Guy I was vaguely friends with in high school fell for the meme and spent like a thousand or two on a recording setup.
He tried to make battlefield videos on youtube and he tried for like 2 months with his highest one having ~200 views and then he quit and is jobless right now.

Just learn drawing and make commission furry porn.

Works sometimes but not always
e.g Shroud and Summit has friends who play with them but their viewership is average at best

you don't even have to get good to do it either if you find a niche

>GAME LIKE POPULARMMOS

you forgot boobs.

so everything's still within $1000, huh. i haven't used a webcam in years. didn't think that's what people go for, which makes more sense now that i think about it.

Just be a girl
Not even kidding if you're a girl you're 70% there
This average looking asian chick averages 3000 incels watching her and the only thing she did was hang out with Twitch celebs (which is as easy as sending them a DM if you're a girl)

If you get into some drama with a Twitch celeb as a girl you're guaranteed viewership, no skill or charisma required. You dont even need to put effort into playing games

Attached: 122255.jpg (470x594, 64K)

i'd average that

This is basically like those Hot Wheels computers they made for kids in the early 2000s so parents could spend money giving their kids a cheap little computer so they could feel like adults.

this girl is the perfect example of making it on twitch just by being a girl, literally got 2k+ viewers overnight from just a few clips
makes my stomach turn

>Not all of those are trying to be a big streamer
Yeah right
Playing games with nobody watching you online is a lot more fun than playing games with nobody watching you irl

>just be a chinese girl and you'll make haha
this bitch got viewers because of some autist spamming her clips on LSF and naming her hentai artist.
Her work is average as shit and draws only emotes. Incels went there because of hentai which she isn't allowed to draw on twitch anyways.