Morning Monster Hunter thread

Morning Monster Hunter thread

Attached: 1566752499495.jpg (1299x895, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvYAJl1nYh4
youtube.com/watch?v=mDH_ILwrQxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do I want Attack +6 or Attack +4/Expert +2/Quick Sheathe 2 for GS? I have Crit Draw 3

>MR100
>people are STILL using HR gear
How the fuck did they even make it this far?

The guiding lands are garbage prove me wrong faggots

Guys i can't find the golden monkey, the big pinguin nor the big augurfly. Not even with conditions met, is there a way or must use ticket to activate zoology at the canteen?

Attached: Ice.png (871x488, 389K)

stop soloing it, retard

Best post game in the series.

Damn right. The 3-5 monster farming curse has been broken

Real stupid that Barioth and Seething Bazel isn't there tho

Here's the best part about GL. No piscine wyverns

Attached: 1565928296649.jpg (1140x969, 133K)

I think they want Barioth jumping around its lair. It seems like a very curated MMO fight.

S&S bros WW@

why does the glaive feel so slow now? also the new aerial move is so cool and useful

Imagine Seething Bazel + Bazel, they are programed to come if a fight ocurrs so if you don't hunt one of the two you will have three monsters in the same arena every 5 minutes.

I heard some guy talking about a koren datamine that had 3 GL areas dummied out, anyone has info on that?

Kinda disappointed in how little you get to go to the hoarfrost after the story is over, most of the new monsters don't go there and its not even part of the guiding lands.

They’re in specific locations on the map, you need to search for them.

Reporting. Now give me an elemental meme set, I can't be bothered to make one

>crit draw GS
Begone fake GSfag

so no crit draw then? I can slot in crit eye 7 and use other sets then, any recommendations?

DECOS! DECOS! DECOS! I NEED MORE DECOS!

Attached: EFJqnmOUEAEtiha.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

>shara
>kick his ass for 20 minutes
>he gets me in his gay sandpit and combos me to death
>get back down
>immediately die again the same way
>get back down
>kill him in one hit
why does this keep happening
he's not even hard
fuck this gigacunt

Attached: 1568175214994.webm (360x282, 880K)

Is elemental damage worth getting? I have the legiana LS and got the kushala armor which is all ice attack and handicraft but everyone always talks about going for raw attack

Gem in Mirewalker you mong, it only costs one slot

I'm think about breaking his face then triple carting on purpose desu. All I need is plates and gems.

>BYKK with red on its face

Attached: what the kut.png (259x273, 159K)

I do but I still stumble around during some of his attacks then I get stunned for the thousandth fucking time then die to the air cannon

I don't know about anyone else but I run 900 ice on Temp Luna and it shreds through her like crazy, she dies in under 11 minutes

I want to cum inside a monster

>Tempered Jyuratodus, etc.
>it comes with Tempered Jho and Tempered Ebony
>threat level: 1
This shit is lame, it should always take the highest threat level among the target monsters

I found golden monkey during the optional quest where you kill 20 boaboa. He’s chilling on a rock in the hot spring to the west where boaboa are

Dont get hit dummy

Dragon of steel?
More like Dragon of air assfaggotry and headlocks.

Attached: 208-2082301_monster-hunter-kushala-daora-fanart.jpg (2560x1600, 229K)

Based and comfy pilled

They really need to rework a lot of first and second gen fights. Even when they fix the shitty cancerous aspects of a lot of them they’re still pretty unremarkable and unengaging compared to a lot of the newer stuff they put out.

Literally just captured the giant jellyfish at top of the mountain but still no monkey nor Augurfly. Thanks for the mission specific, and location lads.

Attached: Good enough.png (204x343, 80K)

Velkhana's autism can be countered by sliding and jumping on her own ice. Kushala could've had small air currents to help you jump on his flying ass.

I found one during a random expedition in the spring towards the center of the map next to the big snow field

It probably just has a specific condition like only appearing during the day in clear weather

recommend ig pls

I found mine on the Hot Spring stone Event quest, at the hot spring in Area 2

Attack isn't really that good so I'd go for the latter and try to fit in Crit Boost somewhere

Dude, MHW Kushala is so fucking shit BECAUSE they reworked him. Especially AT Kushala.

>Black Diablos quest
>fighting her in area 13, that big cave
>suddenly regular Diablos comes in
>Turf War
>"oh shit maybe diablos will fuck her up"
>she fucks him up
>he flip flops between attacking her and me so I decide not to dung him
>dodging all kinds of charges and burrowing attacks
>some Tremors 2: Aftershocks kind of shit going on
>"wow can't get more intense than this"
>"Deviljho sighted"

Attached: 1498679164853.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Attached: MonsterHunterWorld 2019-09-23 17-19-46.jpg (1920x1080, 610K)

This

Play how you want. Crit draw/focus is viable, even if it isnt the most optimal for muh dps. Velkhana set GS build is fun.

I actually had a regular Diablos win a Turf War with Black Diablos once. She was at such low HP it killed her, then immediately Deviljho showed up to eat the corpse. Those three sure do have some crazy times together.

If a regular diablos beats a black diablos in a turf war that diablos gets to fuck. You cockblocked him

B-but she was dead though

He fucking killed her, hows that my fault?

>Fake
>GS has literally been played this way since Gen 2
>Fake

I had a regular Diablos win one twice in one hunt. He won the initial one before I'd done much damage, then as he was limping back he had ANOTHER and won. I didnt even know it was possible for turf wars to repeat, but damn that Diablos was a fucking turbochad.

>All those Black diablos I've beaten down and captured
I'm kind of worried that the monster pen is right next to my house in Seliana now

im gonna steal this set haha thanks biatch

Attached: 1445762008448.jpg (500x498, 44K)

can't go wrong with ruiner or shara unless you're fighting something with shitzones for raw

Do you guys ever take the time to seek out friends Palicoes/Tailraiders/Gajalakas or whatever the fuck in the maps? How much of an extra advantage do they add?

Why the fuck does guiding lands not give me tenderizer or crit boost jewels ? I just want my master touch to work better god damn

Just ignore the sound of horns slowly scratching away at your bedroom wall

>do seething bagel
>get to spawn point
>knock him to the wall
>get knocked out of charge by wingdrakes
>like five times
>go to lava area
>put trap
>paralysed by bugs
>get interrupted by deviljho and brachydios
>can't knock bagel to the wall because of bombs
>keep getting bombed
>25 minutes
that was the worst hunt I've ever been on

Attached: 1568668721630.jpg (596x591, 141K)

They usually die in a few hits so its not really worth it to look for them.

>still not on the Objectively Correct Store on PC
Gross.
I'm not playing this trash until it decides to join the winning side.

Tailraider signal calls in the resident felyne along a monstie to help you out immediately my man.
They're quite helpful, especially when a felyne with another gadget comes in or a girros bro bullies the monster. Those gastodons are no joke either, they keep tripping the metal raths in the dual quest and can tank a fuckton of hits.

can sns block roars?

I think there’s a hidden cooldown on turf wars so that they can happen multiple times in a hunt but not every time the monsters meet. I had a hunt where Tigrex and Fulgur Anjanath kept running to the same zone with each other every time no matter what I did. Absolutely fucking miserable experience, I couldn’t actually do anything because no amount of dung bombing was stopping these two cunts from fighting. They had a turf war two times together, and they both had one with whoever the third monster was, I forget.

Is it best just to farm tempered tier 2s ?

Level them up then, mine usually last the whole fight

>Be me and bored as fuck
>Watch some streamer fight Teostra and Kirin
>Multiple faints (which is expected) but also time outs
>Streamer complains about not doing enough damage but insists on using an HR KT hammer
Why keep using HR weapons?

There are no snowy or volcanic biomes in the GL, for now. Seething Bazel doesn't seem to be an invader like the normal one.

Never saw it in any other map outside the Elder's Recess.

Often with very heavy knockback, yes. Better to backhop them desu.

I think they will be eventually.

Check out this image from the Rajang DLC trailer. Look at that rock/volcano formation on the left. Try to find that shit anywhere in the ER, you won't. Whats probably going to happen with the DLC is that Capcom is going to be adding onto the GL with a lava area and eventually a snow area. That's why monsters like Brachy, Seething and Barioth are all locked to their respective areas right now. My guess is either we will be getting another subspieces along with Rajang for the lava area level 6 unlock or Rajang will only appear once you get the GL lava area to level 6. Also look at the GL map and you will find two blank spots on the top and bottom of the map that look big enough to house new areas.

Attached: rajang.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

Do Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian ever leave Nergigante's nest in the Elder's Recess? They never seem to change zone.

I think it’s genuine retardation.

Oh fuck good eye. So we're getting more regions after all

If they do add Furious Rajang, then raging brachy might get in considering he's part of elder's recess. The question is, what's gonna be the variant of the snowy area if it ever gets into GL?

Rajang will be located on Zorah's back.

Nope. It’s kinda dumb, they appear in ordinary maps for the first time in the series but they don’t make them use those maps.

The metal raths never change position and cant be dung'd

Wtf that's exactly what happened to me the other night. Tapped his paw once after carting twice in a row. The end.

Jade Barroth or something new like Godking Banbaro.

They should've reused the Caverns of El Dorado for them. Such map is kind of wasted for just one monster.

Lame as fuck set.
Enjoy your 3minutes of turning any monster into the same monster, you'll quit the game soon out of boredom.

Attached: retard warpaint.gif (284x160, 3.92M)

Recently started playing P3rd and it's so fucking comfy.
I can see myself investing a lot of time in this game.

more like butt-ku, imo

>No health boost
Get kicked retard

???

I main Longsword and Hammer. I want to try something new. Besides ranged what should I learn next?

Yeah, they need to unrework Kushala, nothing fun about a monster that flies for 75% of the fight being immune to flashes
Same goes for the raths in MR, they were already bad enough

Area 1 would suck for normal fights but they could just block the normal jump and let you slide into zones 2-4

TAutists are using critdraw now
begone tacklegrug

>have to hunt hr puki for mats
>get dropped in the same spot as he spawns
>hunt over in a minute
>the load screen was longer than the hunt

I still can't stand what they did to Jho's head in World
It looks like a subspecies that branched from a family of jhos that got their faces repeatedly bashed in by hammers

>Steamworks
>Natural fuel reserve is full.

Attached: 1542956021621.jpg (360x538, 36K)

With a set like that all he does is attack and crush the monster before it has any chance to respond. It doesn't matter which monster he's fighting, every one of them turns into a flailing and screaming lump writhing on the ground.
He's not playing with the monster and he's not playing the game. He repeats the same hunt over and over again and the fact that he kills the monster so fast only means that the rate of repetition increases.
Such full attack sets are the sign of a baser animal who do not enjoys but consumes until there is nothing left even for him to consume.

What evolutionary advantage does being very very hungry give you?

Attached: 10978.png (600x315, 298K)

this cunt is destroying my butthole ¿what were they thinking?

Chargeblade

Attached: 6d194e950e9da284c712bcba97690ac6.jpg (430x431, 15K)

>Tailraider safari has returned!
>Botanical items ready to be harvested!
>Xeno'jiiva has arrived!
>Zorah Magdaros has arrived!
>Arch-tempered Xeno'jiiva has arrived!
>Shara Ishvalda has arrived!
>Bounty Completed!
>Peak performance has activaded!
>Peak performance wore off!
>Resentment activated!
>Resentment wore off!
>Peak performance activated!
>Maximum might activated!

Attached: 1563997007358.png (872x766, 444K)

Have you played Iceborne yet? Iceborne monsters are way more beefy than the basegames. Even with a set like that you're probably still looking at 8 minute hunts. Hell look at the TAutists, some weapons are getting 6 minute times even with their autistic minmaxing and high-skill play. Not only that but tempered EDs hit like a fucking truck in IB, so without any defensive skills he is going to die in 1-2 hits. If you aren't a good player that kind of set will get you killed all of the time in IB's endgame.

It makes him much more likely to seek out food and thus survive.

>tfw PCfag

Think of a monster
Got one?
Good
Now
You are now acutely aware that all monsters must spawn at some point. How horrific is the mating process of this monster?

>Gigginox
Joke's on you it does that right in front of the camera.

Being very fat.

>Uragaan
Very confusing

I play GS and almost exclusively use aerial attacks, wall bangs, and traps.

>found one golden monkeyon the very first venture into iceborne
>second one found on the monkey gathering quest

ALL GOLD BABY

World and IB would be better if Uragaan, Lavasioth, Kushala and Vaal were all simply deleted from the game.

Attached: CZYpRjjUYAAnmnH.png (240x376, 11K)

>any of those numbers long hunt times
kids these days

Post silly palico armor plox.

How do I get good at wallbanging? Every time I grapple the head, I forget which controls allow me to steer and when I fire my ammo it just does a piss poor spread stun to them that doesn't know them down.

Why the biologist in Astera doesn't say anything about Tigrex when you capture it?

You don’t because the walls are coded like shit specifically the upper level of ancient forest guiding lands

Circle pushes the monster 90 degrees in the direction you are facing, you push them in that direction that is, not pull. But then you’ll still miss as the monster slides against a wall right in front of them

why did they fuck up yian garuga this bad?

Attached: DatFp3rVAAAvdie.png (350x350, 11K)

Gearing autisticially in MHW is really not fun and hard combined with deco RNG. I'd be sticking with my HR gear too. Drachen in particular.

So they could make scarred Garuga the exact same bullshit.

>don't even craft anything since IB launch because steamworks have been giving me billions of essentials like mega potion, max potion, ancient potion, tranqs, and many others
>It's also the best way to farm King and Hard spheres

Attached: 1569109125138.png (319x271, 105K)

explain

What's the best way to tackle guiding lands? SOS and capture stuff?

>>It's also the best way to farm King and Hard spheres
Playing the game is unironically easier

They made him finally fun, but made a variant for those that like the bullshit version. Best of both worlds. Plus it has actual moveset that isnt "peck charge peck charge peck charge" that anyone can abuse

if you wanna level up, breaking parts is a whole lot better than just killing a monster so Barroth and Radobaan are excellent for leveling their respective regions. That or just siphon from other GLs

Be careful of MR 100 GLs cause there's tons of people there doing the same so be quick about joining

I have come to the conclusion today monster hunter takes up too much time that I need to spend on getting a better job. To you ps4 IB people: can you still do the arch tempered event quests when they pop up in Ice borne or do they disappear?

Attached: 92027hughjackmanswordfishgifblojcoZ1.jpg (500x280, 245K)

>unlock guiding lands
>find flash chicken
>bash his head in
>he keeps doing the stupid flash dance but nothing happens
legit felt bad, ended up capturing him to spare him the pain of death

Attached: 1548232212880.jpg (453x388, 34K)

>Spent all Shara fight post shell hitting the tail
>not severable
Fuck more that was an anti climatic final boss lol.

They still show up.

Isn't the only difference in the variant the machine gun fireball attack?

>Garuga doesn't give earplugs on all pieces
Disgusting

Not just that. He purposely stunlocks you in order to charge at you. If you get hit by any of his fireballs, he does his insta-charge and it'll hit you 100%

>Fighting HR content
>Use HR weapons
What's not to get?

So when the fuck do I get to fuck Zinogre? I did the Guiding Lands, leveled up the forest a bit and his icon appeared on the right side of the screen, but nothing happened.

go find him, faggot

You probably have a lure for it, talk to the Handler.

Cool, thanks user

So where is the new Kirin cutscene? I got the Bazel one but no Kirin? Hmm

Ok. Off to adult I go.

I fucking hate the steamworks

I fucking hate PSN.

I fucking hate MHW

Any charge blade man in?

Just capped Zinogre, he is quite the jobber in this, like he was in 3U.

Attached: Monster Hunter World_ Iceborne_20190923172608.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

I hate all the retarded gachashit this series has been saddled with.

Wait for Stygian to evetually get in.

Nerg just buds like a plant. He needs a shit ton of bioenergy to do it though. That's his actual reason for trying to eat elders, despite the admiral's nonsense.

Attached: 1524761662646.jpg (1305x1265, 207K)

>Jho is on the same powerlevel as Elders
>a chicken BTFO of him
Can someone explain what Capcom mean by this?

Attached: 1537413530505.png (891x858, 1.15M)

Who’s Jho

Garuga is an unholy hybrid of a goose, a cuckoo, and a cassowary. With firebreath.

New Barioth variant mite b cool

tbf we see garuga fab on a normal jho, not a savage one

>killed ebony odo in the GL
>literally get no progress for any area
???

how the fuck does this system fucking work? Killed a tempered Tigrex and got almost no progress and then later I killed a tempered Radobaan and got almost a quarter of a bar.

That was regular Jho, regular Garuga isn't on the same powerlevel as Deviljho del abismo

the chicken is very angry

Well what do you expect. When all of Worlds content is killed under 90 seconds with TA rules and in 3 minutes for ATs it is pretty jarring going back to longer fights.

What are all of the non ED tier 3 tempereds? Is it just SEETHING and Sav Jho?

>what is scarred Garuga

I'm still waiting to unlock the MR version of Damascus armor to finish my Gunlance set. Until then, the HR chest and waist are staying. Helps to have a shield taking most hits for me, so having two under rank pieces isn't too bad.

>reading comprehension

That's when you just stand back and let the Bazels do all the damage. Bazel is busted in monster v monster fights due to the other monster taking full damage from every bomb rather than just one like we do.

is skelington armor the best in the beginning or something?
I upgraded to some barroth stuff but I faint easier now it seems, I'm at the point after the first encounter with zorah magdaros

Whomstve is the strongest non elder dragon?

It's still a nice place to chill out.

You have decorated your house, right?

Attached: Monster Hunter World_ Iceborne_20190923162522.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Probably Akantor

Deviljho and Garuga, but seething Bazel got classified as threat level 3 among EDs and Jho so he's up there too

>handler portrait
>decoration

Akantor, Ukanlos, Savage Jho, Furious Rajang. The usual suspects. Pick any of those and you can't go wrong honestly.

In all fairness Seething Bazel can carpet bomb a settlement like it's nothing, threat levels are also indicative of how destructive to humans they are.

>playing MHGU to pass the time cause PCfag
>lobbies getting shorter and shorter
for fucks sakes just hold on till the port comes. I don't want to solo hypers

Attached: 1482463449809.png (764x765, 448K)

Akantor/Ukanlos maybe.

These guys + the rare species are considered up there too (metal raths, lucent, molten, abyssal). I guess some deviants too.

I got a Golden Monkey as a gift from the Boaboa, so you also trade with them alot and there's a chance you'll get it.

Akantor is physically the strongest for sure.

Mommy Mantis with prep time
otherwise Ukanlos

>tfw got all my friends into PC MHW
>watching them all stumble and learn and grow while I get ready for Iceborne
It's gonna be fun

>Failed a Banbaro Capture Quest twice in a row because I keep killing it on accident

ree

>get lightly tapped by teostra
>triggers my blast blight and disintegrates my health
>tiny sliver of health remaining
>stunned
>proceed to die from the heat aura

I can see why they put heat guard on the one piece of equipment every TAutist and their mother is going to wear

Attached: 1561343084641.gif (206x176, 370K)

Ahtal-Ka seems like a case where it's incredibly threatening to humans but against an elder dragon it wouldn't actually do much

>get the origin isle point
>Oh boy time to fight shara ishvad-
>Nergigante
NO FUCK OFF I'M NOT READY I JUST STARTED LEARNING HAMM- and hea dead.
Is that it?

Attached: Gtgermany+talking+about+cultural+extermination+_2de9bfb67655e39265acc38c61c1e6df.png (676x520, 604K)

what platform?

After a while you just have to start spamming traps and tranqs because the game will just refuse to give you the skull and the monster will refuse to limp.

>get MHW like a week ago
>I've played maybe 15 hours
>I have no idea what some of you are talking about
Hahaha.

No, he wasn't using his full moveset.

Merely pretending

>Killed both my first gold rath and my first silver rath because they never limped off
>now I have to wait to find them again before I can even get an arena quest

Attached: 1472159257776.png (468x345, 226K)

Why aren’t Akantor and Ukanlos elders

No magic bullshit powers or ecological threat

Because Elders are the "How the fuck do they work?" category.

switch, but PC and 3DS can play the same server

Because their evolutionary lineage can be traced, whereas elder dragons are unexplained and outside of the normal classification system

>tempered elders isn't shit

You're not at the endgame until you beat Ruiner Nerg.

>friend recently got a switch
>tfw GU hunting buddy until Iceborne for the PC

Attached: 1539043154562.jpg (860x860, 396K)

NEWEST flaw list (Iceborne version):

-heavily flawed base game (World)
-can max only two Guiding Lands areas; have to get mats you don't have access to via SOS quests you'll never find
-only a limited number of lobbies and SOS quests displayed and hundreds hidden for inexplicable reasons (sometimes can't even find an event SOS when AT Nergigante is live)
-overpowered, repetitive Clutch Claw ("wall banging"), basically start every quest with it
-still trying to get children addicted with the completely pointless HR1-999 system (younger players conflate it with skill)
-worst speedrun experience ever (if you see a speedrunner on Youtube, rest assured he is severely autistic) as all monsters but Elder Dragons now spawn in random zones, meaning resetting the quest dozens of times on top of the usual resetting
-if not under TA rules, you're forced to use turf wars and environmental traps if you want to keep up with speedruns: Turf war didn't trigger or missed a boulder because the AI went nuts? Restart your otherwise perfect run
-always having to find the monster first is annoying even outside of speedrunning
-tripled down on AoE spam (see new Bazel, Vaal, Namielle and even Savage Deviljho) instead of well-designed movesets
-unstable framerate, especially due to clutter and an overload of effects, yet they keep putting monsters in the cluttered forest
-unskippable cutscenes because they want you to see their "beautiful creation"
-spawning in random zones and preventing it is an asinine chore as you can fast-travel anyway (they probably kept it for the same reason you can't skip cutscenes)
-skeleton rehashing (very first big monster you fight, the flagship monster, the final monster of World and the final monster of Iceborne all rehash the same skeleton)

Because the guild knows they're just distant Tigrex cousins and they don't have any magic bullshit powers

Really considering trying out older MH games again except trying to actually make it to G Rank, but I hear doing it solo after High Rank is absurdly difficulty because of the inflated HP G Rank Monsters get because they’re intended for a full party. Is this true? Because I really want to solo 4U and GU if i can.

Any apex monster that has the balls to attack Dundorma.

He was. He just got gimped stats.

>counting TAutism against the game

-late PC release date and performance is pathetic for today's standards
-Nargacuga, Zinogre and assorted returning monsters slower than ever
-a lot of glitches
-rock spray instead of blood
-even less incentive to make element weapons because of all the multi-monster quests and Guiding Lands
-bad hitboxes and hit progression (animation barely started and already does 100% damage, or how Nergigante's tiny tail slam does as much damage as the spin itself)
-can't pause
-precise gameplay with GS is dead (few exceptions like Kirin), it's all about just getting your TCS out, which barely requires skill; experience, spacing, positioning, timing (just watch a Kulve or Vaal speedrun and compare it to a 140 Shagaru)
-most new monsters require no precision; just whack them like a pinata (Odogaron, Kulve, Vaal [EVERY hitzone is a weakspot]), a joke compared to old monsters like Ivory Lagiacrus or Diablos before they turned his whole head into a weakspot
-make any spot a weakspot with Clutch Claw and easily stunlock even monsters like Nargacuga
-palpable input delay
-cryptic menu inputs for simple things at some instances
-now that lock-on exists, monsters pouncing around the player (think of Nargacuga or Nergigante) seems pointless, however, more and more monsters do it and people who rather play without lock-on are either forced to play with a big disadvantage or a new camera setting they don't like
-one-player difficulty scaling arguably makes monsters too exploitable, the game too easy and cooparative gameplay redundant to good players
-ranged as retardedly overpowered as always for some reason
-crammed and visually busy while monsters clip through everything and can even shoot right through massive trees
-generic weapon skins

Attached: instant max damage hitbox.webm (852x480, 899K)

>solo 4U
lolgood fucking luck

Report and filter, he’s evading the spam filter again

don't respond to it

It's not that bad to actually finish the game outside of the wall from G2 to G3, and then beating Gog solo is a pain. Not counting 140 GQs and challenge ever quests of course.
Much more enjoyable with friends overall

4U is extremely easy to solo until post Gog content. He probably won't be doing GQs either. I had more trouble on 3U on my second run through the game.

I wouldn’t mind playing with others online but I highly HIGHLY doubt there’s anybody who cares about 4U anymore.

Respond to it.

>but I highly HIGHLY doubt there’s anybody who cares about 4U anymore
How wrong you are.

Attached: 1559606022767.png (416x256, 165K)

What is Master Rank like btw ?
Is it harder than arch tempered elders or does it have a better balance ?
World is my first MonHun so I don't know about G rank. I killed everything but Behemoth solo.

Enjoy getting 1 shot by any tempered ED
>b-but ive never been hit once in any mh game!

There's more people playing 4U than GU at this point.

4U's online is plenty active.

-Palicos constantly heal and even revive you
-automatically climb and slide everywhere because of slopes and other shit, imposing contextual and often impeding inputs on the player
-sabotaging automatic animations such as taking off used mantles when trying to quickly prevent a monster from fleeing with your crossbow
-some of the obejctiely worst monsters in the series, notably Zorah, Lunastra and AT Kushala (Alatreon and Rathalos have good aerial openings, this guy basically has none)
-items and item wheel unresponsive and clunky because of all the weird animations
-random MVP cards (feedback and knowing who did best is nice, but the execution is horrible and you have to do 70% damage to even even get the dps one)
-clunky menu navigation
-incassent invasions, even elder dragons you can't dung
-three monsters in one zone constantly roaring and pushing each other around
-no transmog
-way too much walking and long transition zones that make you miss loading screens
-can't see quests other people have posted when you have a quest pending already, even though MH3U just made it possible not too long ago
-way too many roars (semi-unavoidable ones whenever a monster flees), even gave Zinogre a roar when approaching him
-roars can glitch out (consecutive micro roars impossible to dodge and predict, annoying when speedrunning)
-instantly craft and pop Ancient Potions, which in theory nullifies difficulty
-increased stun values on monsters' attacks because having no control is the only way to die with how mobile the player is now

Attached: mhw.jpg (1920x1644, 545K)

If only 4U wasn't on the fucking 3DS

You got a source on that

A bit weird for Capcom to support, espouse, facilitate and promote speedrunning and at the same time making it more and more cancerous to pull off in the game itself, no?

>HH main

God bless you

Listfag kys, ty

>too early be pushed on the PiiU
>too late to be pushed on the Switch

Attached: 1526784867620.jpg (319x541, 82K)

>1 (one) SnS hunt

Attached: 1267DF51-3A83-4C4E-B8D4-EB173DE6AB5C.gif (350x228, 1.86M)

Heat guard is more for Luna than Teo. Not that it's not useful on Teo, it's that fighting Luna without it is just stupid.

bollocks, GU hubs are consistently active

>"Quick, how do we balance the endgame? People hated the tempered OHKO meta"
>"We do the same thing, but put a lot of filler between the final boss and tempered EDs to lull people into thinking it has a good endgame. They'll be too stupid to realize they'll only be farming tempered elders after Ruiner Nerg."

Dropped the game once I found this out and went right back to 4U. I'm beginning to think every MH from 3U and before had the right idea with having no endgame. Perhaps some games SHOULD be finished.

Attached: 1568823023669.png (339x296, 133K)

>AT Kushala
>Bad
just use wind proof fucking faggot

Where the fuck did you hear that from? all the endgame gear requires GL stuff, and only some require tempered EDs.

Use a vitality deco you shitter.

>defending AT Kushala
>thinks the wind is the problem
Based Yea Forumstard

Pretty sure its elders recess Area 11, the non lava part leading to area 10, looking toward bone collecting spot. Do you even play the game?

>WAAAAAAAH I HAVE TO DROP MY META SET FOR DEFENSE. WAAAH I DONT WANNA LOSE OFFENSE SKILLS!
fucking shitters

LALALALALA I CAN'T SEE IT I CAN'TTT

>Check Coral Highlands
>Banbaro, Ebony, Fulgur
>Check Ancestral Forest
>Banbaro, Tigrex, Glavenus
>Check Wildspire Waste
>Banbaro, Ebony, Savage
>Check Rotten Vale
>Banbaro, Nigrex, Fulgur
>Check Elder's Recess
>Banbaro, Kushala Daora
>Check Hoarfrost Reach
>Banbaro, Tigrex, Ebony
>Check Guided Lands
>Banbaro, Ebony, Acid

FUCK OFF TOURISTS

Attached: 1551557768248.gif (306x316, 240K)

At least pick something more gay like AT Xeno

>Waah you only fight a few monsters!
>I'm going back to Rajang Hunter 4U!
Considering the sheer amount of materiels you need to augment/custom upgrade weapons you're still gonna have to go back to those earlier monsters a lot unless you literally only use a single weapon from a single weapon type

you definitely never played IB

He's talking about how once you finish your augs, you just go deco farming again. And the best way to get decos is tempered elder investigations.

Players should have no more than 150 health. Having Vitality work the way it does in World forces Capcom to balance the game for two thresholds. It just doesn't work.

How's that handicraft 3 charm treating you.

That's what I thought at first but it looks a bit different in the trailer

Attached: MonsterHunterWorld_2019-09-23_18-54-10.jpg (1920x1080, 696K)

>And the best way to get decos is tempered elder investigations.
Again false. GL tempered farming is better since you keep hunting with no loading screens, and any T2-T3 temp will do just fine. Play the game next time

From the description of 3-star MR quest "Festival of Explosions!"
>I've been going bonkers thinkin' about how I can upgrade your specialized tools. You get me the materials I need and I'll make sure your gear's upgrade'll be straight fire!
>straight fire
zoomer pun loving localization team just on a field day now

OH DAMN WOW GOTTEM

>once you finish your augs
For how many weapons

So, will the game not receive new content after Iceborne?

Vitality is the surface level symptom of the true problem, being healing is too easy and plentiful so that taking sustainable damage is meaningless

Don't know, I'm using Ruiner weapons

Attached: 1519271055684.png (1084x957, 522K)

Attack Boost is a meme. You know what really increases your DPS? Hitting the fucking monster while it stands there roaring and your ears are plugged up.

No more expansions. We're gonna get some free update monsters and a bunch of event bullshit for about a year again.
Please be excited for MH6 next year.

It'll receive the same sorts of updates that World had after launch, but it'll be the only expansion the game gets

You didn't spare him, you denied him a warrior's death, and now he is in a hell worse than eternal slumber.

Just evade the roar with evasion mantle l0l

why is the game so easy and the method to kill most monsters is almost always the same. I hit their butt a bunch and watch out for tail swipes.
kind of disappointed with this game so far to be honest

No loading screens does not make up for the trash drop rates from T2 tempered monsters. Get your ass back to investigations if you want good decos.

t. haven't touched GLs in a week

proofs?

AT Xeno is one of the decent ones and actually improves the original, retard.

>People are still trying to act like healing as pre-World was an hardcore experience
dude, just let me change zones real quick lmao, it's risk free and completely devoid of any penalty

The same reason anything ever feels hungry it’s motivation to go eat more plus deviljho is pretty massive and probably burns a lot of calories from his dragon breath shit

If it's gonna top World in visual richness and monster detail, how they move, live and breathe, I'm excited.

Running out of healing was never the reason for the majority deaths at endgame, it was getting hit and then fucking up your followup dodging while you try to get a heal. Or getting wombo'd and stunned. Same shit in World.

>Nargacuga, Zinogre and assorted returning monsters slower than ever
-a lot of glitches

That's only true for a single Nargacuga's attack. Zinogre telegraphs all of its attack for an hour like it used to and generally it's way less of a glass canon than before.

Literally how do I transition from GS to HH? Every time I test it in the back yard, I literally cannot understand why it is powerful.

Sounds like you never played it in your entire life, desu.

>not master's touch acidic Glavenus

What's it like getting hit?

What “works” and what “works best” are not always mutually inclusive. Optimizing your play is part of the appeal, and I don’t just mean minmaxing.

So its just you. I've been getting decos all the time on top of comfy expeditions in GL. The flaw is you, boy

Attached: 1567982345147.jpg (810x960, 105K)

Except, you know, missing out on 2-5 slots purely for decos per investigation
You do know, right?

Tzi-Tzi hunts by flashing targets and killing them while they're stunned, as it's not fast or strong enough to kill things straight up.

Monsters captured by the Commision are usually released so that Tzi-Tzi is either going to be released and starve to death (as it can't hunt anymore) or euthanised and picked apart by the Commision to make a couch or something

who the fuck said anything about it being a problem exclusive to World? Where is this even coming from?

Attached: E2953613-4316-4066-9503-B90A60E7F98C.png (500x498, 161K)

Almost like it's his strongest attack they nerfed into the ground.

Just beat shara bros
Same shit as xeno
Ita cool the first time but after the 30 minute mark i just want it to end.
Does repeatedly charged big banging the hands KO it?
I can only hit the head after the beam.

Except World skips all of that and outright carts you in the endgame.

Let me know when Xeno Gva, Kaiser Behemoth, and AT Ruiner Nerg release. I'm outta here.

I’m sure it grows back.

Objectively speaking every single returning monster is at their strongest in World as of MR. You can spare your nincel rage, it is true

Buddy I've had better luck with deco farming in GL solely because I get better ones than in investigations. This is on top of also getting essential materials since every tempered counts, not just EDs. Plus the most essential aug gem only drops from GL tempered EDs and not in investigations

so once again, try to actually play the game instead of being a shitter

Attached: 1567096733339.jpg (544x517, 90K)

>friend and I got GU when it was on sale
>really excited to play it with him, it's my second MH after World
>he hates it and doesn't even play half a week
I envy you, user

Attached: 1498053001818.gif (353x360, 116K)

Iceborne already stepped up the monster interaction stuff a bit
Like Rajang catching himself when he gets tripped into a wall

The wind IS the problem and you'd know it if you tried, he has such low health and stagger values that everytime he's on the ground he will fall and let you do a lot of dps, you can even hit him in the air with long reach weapons, if he didn't fly the fight would take something like 10 min without even being good.

The only way to augment weapons and armor to the max is by getting spiritgems from guiding lands. You can't get them in investigations so you have to do Guiding Lands. Stop trying to make up flaws

Nah, Narga is a pushover now and you can even stunlock him in MHW with Clutch Claw.

You are the only one raging and railing against reality.

>can ltierally easily stunlock him by hitting wingblades when he gets up
>literally nerfed his ONLY dangerous attack
>HURR, he is le strongest

Based retarded MHW fetus lol

What essential mats? You mean the ones I don't need anymore because my build is finished?

There is no reason to go back to GLs when you have no need for the mats.

Nigga, I got all that in a day.

Narga is tankier and more mobile than ever. I know it might seem easier to you since you were used to just fighting it in 240p on your shitty ass Fischer Price Toy, but World Nargacuga is objectively harder than any iteration

do you just main one weapon and one element or something? Sounds like a you problem

Old Narga is so telegraphed that the fight is a pushover anyway, so who fucking cares

There's always been flat out OHKOs unless you build heavily defensive sets. Black Diablos, Teostra, Fatalis, Gogmazios, etc

The Tsuchinoko Endemic Pet can be found at the entrance to Shara Ishvalda's arena. It's a rare encounter though. Go catch it for me.

Attached: 1546796121944.png (2048x1366, 1.81M)

Narga was only hard in FU. It became a pushover since P3rd.

Jesus Christ, you're an absolute shitter. Stop talking to me.

>ever needing longer than 10 minutes for AT Kushala, flying or not

The flying is the problem. You can't do shit unless the ground is perfectly even and you're using a GS. hitting feet for 40 seconds isn't fun. It's absolute trash gameplay.

Stop trying to lecture anyone with your shit time, though.

But a tip: If the wind bothers you, you are doing something completely and fundamentally wrong.

shitposters care since you keep giving them replies. Dumbass

Half the weapons only have one build, silly.

>everyone readies there weapons when shara goes SIKE! YOU THOUGHT.
>Admiral gets ready to punch it.

Yeah, new Narga isn't le telegraphed at all. And let's also ignore you are 500 times more mobile and you literally couldn't even dodge in the old games for a certain window after an attack. let's completely gloss over that.

Holy newfags.

Attached: nonono.webm (1678x450, 2.12M)

Now I definitely know you're lying since tempered EDs nuke a lot of meta sets since they outright OHKO you unless you got 900 defense and 3 vitality decos

Last reply for you. I'm going back to hunting

Attached: Unbreakable Skypiercer.png (1280x1361, 966K)

Yes I'm a retarded faggot that only mains one weapon rather than trying all 14 weapons. Whats wrong with that?

And now his pushoverness peaked with his only dangerous attack being telegraphed forever, him being stuck afterawrds and the player being able to stunlock him easily since you can make his wings a weakspot now.

Keep railing against reality, though.

t. Hasnt seen the turbo speed boost tempered narga has. Niggerlistfag play the game first before you bitch about it.

Black Diablos and Fatalis haven't had OHKO moves since Freedom Unite while Gogmazios and 4U Teostra rely on the player being a complete retard to score kills.

For the first time I had the junction spot between the forest and the caves collapse and slide me underground while fighting Tigrex What a fucking thrill ride that was. I was not expecting it and was facing the camera up at the mountain as it collapsed. I hope there are more moments like this sprinkled around the new locations.

Because they can be classified ya dip

No one even remembers pre MH3U MH. They don't know you were locked in your recovery animation after every attack. Everyone thinks you could always dodge like you can in MHW.

>Waaah i can't get a perfect time because i can't hit the head if he's flying
sounds like the problem here is you

I like how you conveniently hide the "beta" line on top of the webm. Let me annihilate that bait for you
youtube.com/watch?v=zvYAJl1nYh4

None, Savage is a mutation

Theres no way the metal raths and Lucent narga are on the Akantor/Ukanlos/S.Jho/F.Rajang power tier. They're powerful for sure but a step below. I'd sooner put the deviants above the metals. Metal Tigrex would get dunked by Akantor.

Imagine the monsters having fully modelled, animated, physics affected and functioning insides, and the possibility to fight big enough monsters inside of them like lost planet 2. This is my dream. This is my nightmare.

And kushala can't be classified as a flying wyvern?

>shills and links to some attention whoring tranny's Youtube
>probably the tranny in question
Can you kill yourself?

t. Hasnt seen 4U white fatty's laser cannon or lightning spam
With a tiny bit of negative dragon or thunder you fucking do lose 90% of your hp. I hunted him for fun dozens of times
>Pic unrelated

Attached: Spritefall.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

just leave him be, he's already shaking up from the fact that Iceborne is still topping sales for weeks, including topping Astral Chain, LA Remake, and DxM. All his effort to shitpost was wasted

Attached: Untitled.png (955x478, 298K)

Deviljho undergoes said mutation as a response to starving. He's nicknamed "Hungry Jho" for a reason.

Black Diablos can absolutely kill you in one hit in 4U when enraged.
And special mention for Zinogre's charged slam, slow but definitely lethal especially with the shit thunder res on most endgame clownsuits in several games.
And a OHKO being heavily telegraphed doesn't make it not count somehow.

How many flying wyverns in the series look like actual dragons of legend and bring a literal typhoon with them wherever they fly just by existing?

You can stop embarrassing yourself now.

Why do newfags always feel the need to partake in in-depth meta discussions?It's fucking weird.

You mean the avalanche? I triggered it somehow fighting a Fulgur Anjanath and a Viper Kadachi. Dunno how it happened, all 3 of us ended up in that cave with the frozen fish

>Tigrex has been improved
>Barioth has been improved
>Zinogre has been improved
>Glavenus and Brachydios are basically the same
>Yian Garuga has been improved
>Brute Tigrex has been improved
>Silver Los and Gold Ian have been improved and have new stuff
>Narga is slightly worse than before

Oh noes, MH is ruined!

I want a monster big enough to fight another monster inside of it

>Asks for a source
>Bitches about who the source is from
The state of niggers

Nice goalpost so here's a literal who doing the Narga hunt
youtube.com/watch?v=mDH_ILwrQxo

next excuse?

Attached: 1464194272479.gif (342x239, 981K)

I'm not clicking that disgusting autist's youtube, pitch me another if you want me to watch anything.

I know the fight, though, and you can still stunlock his wings and his strongest attack is stll slower.

White Faty actually deals LESS damage than regular Faty in 4U. They nerfed the fuck outta big daddy.

>posts frontier
Opinion discarded

That's just Deviljho's metabolism being a mess

>Six limbs not four
>Seamless carapace made of actual steel somehow
>Controls the wind somehow to the point that it can fly while barely even moving its wings, and creates tornadoes

It was balanced by every monster moving like a very slow animatronic

Don't bother with his bait. Narga is actually insanely fast in his tempered form.

And yet it can't even reach Skyrim, GTA or CoD sales. What a trash game.

>>Asks for a source
No one did, stop shilliing, tranny.

that explains the sudden shitposting influx. No wonder

But Narga is also improved

>lalalallaala I can't hear you llalalalalal

the state of nincels

If you're so good why can't you just stunlock him to death like everyone else instead of complaining that you can't hit weakspots while he's flying?

Tempered changes the speed now?

Yeah, slow as fuck and the same as here What the hell is your point? Are you autistic?

Also,
>can literally click any second in the video and there isn't a single moment where Narga isn't either on the ground, mounted, being wall-banged or whatever

GOD, what a piece of fucking shit. Fuck you retard.

>HURR, old monsters never were so strong
>literally wall-bang and perma mount them, plus stunlocking