3+ million sold units on egs in 5 days

>3+ million sold units on egs in 5 days

Press F for Steam

Attached: tim epic gaben.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/site/en-US/store-refund-policy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kil yourself nigger faggot tranny zoomer

I'M A SICK TIM, I LIKE A CUTE QUIM

How is your boycott going steam bro ?

Attached: file(2).png (596x369, 37K)

Uncle Gaben... I don't feel so good...

Zoom zoom zoom I love my uncle Timmy haha anyone wanna drop tilted towers xD

hehe we pretend borderlands is a good series and a very popular series lol, cause thats what we do on Yea Forums we be contrarians1!11 lol

Seethe harder

Tim should read "La grenouille qui se veut faire aussi grosse que le boeuf"
he could learned a thing or two.

Atleast try to hide your seeth, try this one
>N-no console faggots b-buying their game on psn and xboone store these numbers are WRONG

This saddens me not because of Tim's shitstore, but because people still lap up this looter shooter nonsense in 2019 even after recent releases like Anthem bombed hard.

How did this happen Steambros? How could we let our best friend gaben down?

Gaben was the villain, and I'm team Tim now.

Zoomers who were born in 2005 use the epic store.

What kind of logic is this? If a game in a genre failed it must mean every game in this genre will fail? Like, what the fuck you retard

Why? Is something bad happening to Steam?

>only 3 million for the second biggest release of the year and biggest pc release

>Only 3.5 million sold units in 5 days
>It's n-nothing
It's literally one of the most successful games this year perhaps the most successful one, because of the 12%

Also Yea Forums unironically buys UE4 games like Mordhau or the upcoming Halo MCC which uses UE4 for its menus, generating even more money for Epic.

Attached: epic revenue.png (714x1017, 106K)

Nobody bought Mordhau

>actually giving a shit
Jesus some people are so pathetic

a new game sells well, woah

Why aren't they mentioning how much each console drew?

If this is true they have no reason to launch on Steam at all, so I assume they won't right?
Bullshit.

You weren't here for the constant Yea Forums shilling threads I see

You should already know this, but EGS has a lot of bot accounts to make things look more popular

no one cares you worthless brain damaged retard

>5 million total
>3 million of those were on PC
Yeah right, fuck off OP

Regardless of how many shilling threads were made, nobody bought Mordhau.

But UE4 is actually a pretty fucking cool engine. EGS is cancer but UE4 is alright by me.

>70% digital sales
>But these are console sales
Retard

This is actually a good point. If the game is actually doing well on EGS there's no reason to release it on Steam, ever.

Let's see what they do when the 6 months is up.

I honestly expect 99% of games to go back to Steam once the deal is up. It'd be silly to not try and double dip.

And? You can buy digital games on consoles you dumbass. Holy fuck epic shills are actually braindead, it's not just a meme

The engine is not always known when you are buying a game. Believe me. If people knew that they were funding epic cancer those games would've sold even less.

But it's not a "double dip", that's the point, right? The point is, if people really don't care and will buy the game on EGS, you get a larger cut selling it through EGS, that's where you should insist your customers buy the game.

The only reason to release on Steam after the term is up is that you're not satisfied with the sales performance on the EGS.

>You can buy it online
The majority of console fags doesn't buy his games on psn, stop coping

Proof?

kek, where are they buying them, Gamestop? Physical retailers of games are literally going bankrupt.

So
>5 million on 5 days
>across all platforms
>70% of those digital
Now how many of those were on Epic? I doubt it is above 1.5 million. And if that really is their most pre ordered title, looks like the sales on the epic store are going pretty average for all the other games

I love jt

But that's why Epic has to do the exclusivity deal in the first place. They could pay devs just for a version on Epic as well as a Steam version existing, but that'd be indirectly screwing themselves over. Most people would pick the Steam version, which is what is currently hurting the Windows Store (and Xbox): The lack of real exclusives

how many did Tim buy?

Come on bros, where are you all? We need this precious bumps. Are you not gonna leave some (You)'s for us. It's like you guys LOVE egs or something.

Attached: 1512437665032.jpg (250x250, 22K)

NOOOOOO HE'S LYING
PLEASE STAY ON THE GABE NEWELL STORE I WANT TO SHOW MY CHEEVOS TO MY FRIENDS

Post proof.

Even if only a very small percentage of people buy digital on consoles that would already make the sales on PC bellow 3 million. And anyone who isn't memeing knows the percentage of people who buys digital on consoles isn't that small at all

>What is amazon, what is walmart
Take your meds steamie
>70% digital
>All of copies sold units are digital, majority of console units are physical
Take your meds steamie

How can you claim Steam is a relevant platform when one of the best selling games of the year isn't even on Steam?

Attached: 1568216704275.gif (498x280, 662K)

Not trying to undermine his word but where does this guy keep getting his sales figures from? I always see him popping up in these kinds of threads, does anyone know how he finds this stuff out?

and how many refunded? If you didn't know you could buy the game, refund it and still play even online

Now this is bad ass

Attached: 1569244229158.jpg (768x1024, 151K)

Yeah how dare a game company buy IPs and then develop games with those IPs and hire original the creators. No other game company would ever stoop so low, especially not console companies.

Still runs like shit and EGS paid 10 million for this? Cringe.

doesn't matter
point is, most people dont give a fuck about buying on the EGS

>refund
honey, EGS doesn't allow refunds

Hush now
Proof doesn't matter. Evidence doesn't matter. That shit's for cringe-soys.

>he doesn't know

What about the 99% of shit that isn't on Epic?

Nobody is buying their games on psn when it's available on Amazon, stop coping, even less than 3 million in 5 days is one of the best selling game in the history of pc gaming

I think you, and most other people, misunderstand the reason Tim Sweeney is paying for exclusivity. I think, in your mind, it's about getting people to "switch", or to cave and install his launcher. It's not. Sweeney has demonstrated repeatedly that he doesn't give a shit about his consumer base.

This is about developers. Here's how I'm very certain this story went:

Tim Sweeney creates a launcher. He believes that he will bring publishers over to his launcher because he offers a more attractive revenue split. He thinks that they will move their games from other stores to his store because that's where they want to sell.

But publishers are a wary sort. They're afraid that they'll sell fewer copies on PC if they abandon Steam. They are mostly prepared to release their games through his launcher as WELL, but they're reluctant to abandon his competitors.

So Sweeney has a marvelous idea. He says to them "I will offer you a Satisfaction Guaranteed promise on my store. If you agree to release your game only through the Epic store for 1 year, I will guarantee $XYZ in sales, which should be more than enough to meet expectations. Then you will see that releasing games exclusively through my store will not hurt your business, and you will be able to use it exclusively in the future because it offers things you want like a lighter revenue split and no user reviews. If you are unsatisfied with the results after that year, you can take your game back to Steam."

Remember, you are not his customer. Developers are his customer. He is trying to win them over with promises of performance and he's assuaging their fears with a trial run. His end game is for developers to choose his store instead of others, and he is counting on that to generate his userbase. If they all go back to Steam after the exclusivity contract is up, that's the equivalent of Sweeney giving them a refund because they were unsatisfied with what he was offering.

Most people don't give enough of a fuck to use EGS to begin with and the majority of users only play Fortnite

epicgames.com/site/en-US/store-refund-policy

Why would you lie about something so easy to find out about?

This has nothing to do with store wars, i am just surprised this tired, repetitive series still sells at all.

>meanwhile gta v sells another 10 million copies this year
>plus their item market
>plus thousands of other games
Its good to be a steamfag.

Attached: 1560102266644.png (600x900, 537K)

i dont give a fuck which games sell more or which platforms sell more, im calling you retarded for pretending that borderlands is a good series. its fucking reddit tier "DIABLO WITH GUNS LOL!!!11

people dislike the EGS, no UE you retard.

Doesn't Daniel Assmad work for a Chinese company and is the darling of resetera? Seems to me he'd be biased with reporting of Chinese software

ding dong you're wrong

Stop perpetuating this bs that people like ue.
Only retards and underage like unreal engine since they started playing this gen.

Why do games that sold way less than the apparent 5 million (like Greedfall) have more Twitch viewers and discussions about them everywhere online?
Why are no discussion threads or buzz about Borderlands on Yea Forums or literally anywhere?

Why does every Epic exclusive have hundreds of thousands of 'ghost' players where there's no trace of them anywhere apart from in a sales figure in a tweet?

Whyyyyy

Attached: numbers.jpg (1635x783, 520K)

>This is about developers. Developers are his customer.

Really cause it sounds like this is more about publishers and winning them over. I don't see how they don't stand to gain more than anyone else (other than epic)

>Why do games that sold way less than the apparent 5 million (like Greedfall) have more Twitch viewers and discussions about them everywhere online?

Poorfags can pirate it.

Developers, publishers, whatever. You're right, my point is still "he is not after you, he is after the people that make the games he plans to sell"

Tim Sweeney doesn't give a single shiny shit about you or me or anyone else who may or may not buy a game. He treats us as a constant, something that simply exists. We are out there and we WILL buy the game, we do not exercise judgment in any matters. As long as the game is marketed to us and we are kept from pirating it, we will fork over the money. If I don't, you will, and if you also don't, someone else will. A lot of people in video game publishing and sales view the customer the same way.

It's like, suppose you're a business and you're designing a bottle for your new product. You're probably thinking about a lot of things; how the label looks on it for brand recognition, what the shape and color say about the perceived value, etc.

What you aren't thinking about is whether or not the shape of that bottle makes it easier for some stockboy to put it on a shelf. Or whether or not it palletizes nicely in a warehouse. Those people are affected by your choices, and can actually have an impact on your sales in some abstract way, but fundamentally you don't need to "win them over", they aren't the ones whose decisionmaking ultimately determines whether or not you are successful.

That's, ironically, how Tim Sweeney views the people who purchase video games. They're irrelevant stockboys. They are interchangeable cogs whose opinion doesn't matter. What matters are that publishers/developers/whoever are impressed with his store and bring their games to him.