youtu.be/sl_ed_xxrvc?t=586
youtube.com/watch?v=bvI62FUDpKA
youtube.com/watch?v=vpa0kBm2skM
youtube.com/watch?v=s2KOxbJ-CIs
youtube.com/watch?v=GQZtkoDwPTI
youtube.com/watch?v=1g3z3bkrK3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Attached: 1568736484749.jpg (686x707, 136K)

They are yes but less every year, I wonder if next generation will be on par with PC gaming, probably for the 1st 3 months

Yes, started in gen 7 though. Multi-plats that try to be on PC and console are usually limited by the console version. Some companies will make a decent PC version, but it requires more dev time and most companies don't even bother anymore.
Gen 6 and before there was more separation between PC and console gaming, so for PC gamers the sky was the limit.
RIP PC gaming.

Attached: 1567721744090.jpg (960x960, 172K)

why do you keep making this?

Half Life 2 was on the original Xbox so no.

Half life 2 now is not the half life 2 that released in 2004, the game has received constant graphical updates over the years

Wow a one off case that was a shitty port and no one really remembers it existing until years later.

Attached: 1567677018692.jpg (702x694, 33K)

This is a retarded comparison because overall quality, shading and textures are probably miles better in the 2013 game. Also the engine is probably different. Go back to /r/gaming

Yea Forums is full of genuine schizos
Some people spend honestly all day spamming the same threads over and over

Yes, absolutely.

yes but we don't need to post cherry picked comparison screenshots of the updated hl2 compared to the broken and ass 360 cod gost port to confirm this, anyone with braincells knows this

I have a pc with a 1080 but i choose to play ps4 just because it's more convenient.

top is from the orange box release with ep 2, portal and team fortress 2 from late 2007 where they gave the graphics and engine a solid update.

>Are consoles holding back video games?
used to, these days they're essentially computers with a different os.

more likely to be bots (the majority at least).

no, the incompetent devs are. gears five looks decent even on the og xbox one but the pc version is still really nice looking. it's all about how much they want to invest in the ports.

case in point. hl2 on xbox had NO REFLECTIONS.
youtu.be/sl_ed_xxrvc?t=586

Attached: hl2 xbox water.jpg (1060x771, 70K)

Considering the Xbox uses a Pentium 3 with a low end Geforce 3 chip and only 64MB of RAM shared between it's CPU and GPU, it's by no means a shitty port.

Attached: HL2 water Xbox.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

id rather see this thread 4 times a day than the 7th smash or wow thread in an hour

sort of. devs still downgrade to accomodate consoles, but the actual hardware improvement has slowed down significantly. the most beautiful 2019 pc game doesn't look terribly different from the most beautiful 2014 pc game. "bleeding edge" gpus are still only slightly more powerful than a couple generations back. they just get slightly more efficient and pointless features like ray tracing get memed into them as distractions from the actual performance.

Attached: 1470755209437.gif (395x313, 1.99M)

Pardonne les doutes
Alimente l’envie, l'envie d’enfer
Quelque chose d’unique

Attached: 20190910232755.jpg (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Remember that console piss ants can't tell the difference

Attached: 1567799548158.jpg (1552x2000, 825K)

>muh grafix
I don't give a fuck how good the game looks as long as it runs well and has good gameplay systems

And now today you have to turn on ray tracing or get no reflections AT ALL. HL2 ran on my literal toaster of the time with a Radeon 9200 and has more reflections than max settings for a modern game today unless you turn on cut my performance to 1/3-tracing. Even then, water reflections in HL2 might STILL look better. But at least my gun reflects shit, right? Oh wait, DOOM still did that better for no performance cost three years ago.

>best looking scene from old game
>shittiest part you can find from new game
Fuck off with this shit already, every game has areas that are not polished and look like shit, because you have to prioritize the work.

Nope, top is vanilla HL2.

It really was great, and it looked great on a crt.

is there a way to turn off the vignette

I'd rather games focus on good gameplay, mechanics, physics, level design and so on before graphics leap ahead.

PC and consoles should set old differences aside and unite against the common enemy. An unthinking, uncaring, cancerous growth is swallowing all in it's path and nothing seems to slow it down.

Attached: Newzoo-Global-Games-Market-2018-to-2022.png (3999x2249, 576K)

if pc gamers didnt pirate everything there would be more pc games

it's automatic according to the daytime/weather

Attached: 20190915215049.jpg (1920x1080, 2.2M)

>PC can emulate any console
Well that’s just not true is it. Or you’re really fucking reaching with the “truth” there

But it didn't hold back the PC version.

Shitty flash tier games that are novel for ten minutes aren't that big a deal.

It was released after the PC version came out though

They are but it surely is not the main problem with the industry

The outdoor areas/lighting of this game was the first time that I felt like I was playing something that was truly in a different generation to PS360. Really beautiful.

>this is a case of bad chromatic abberation.
>guess it's a good thing I wont be running them at the same time...
>this could just be a bug...
>they neglected to putting the price of the PC specs...
>plus in real life you can see in the distance...

Attached: 1569177040050.gif (344x338, 3.88M)

To be fair they're not that different

Holy yikes look at all that snoychild coping

Water doesn't look like either of those though. If anything the bottom one is closer.

Ok but the main point is that it doesn’t really matter to some people. Some people aren’t turbo autists who care about how amazing the game looks. They’re happy with good gameplay and passable graphics. It just depends on the person so they can get what they want out of it for less

that water was in in the release version

your picture proves the point that consoles arent holding back PC gaming. Otherwise both pictures would be the same

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.07 - 15.59.23.83.jpg (3440x1440, 361K)

No

Attached: 512BG9Z730L._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 35K)

This is horseshit, it takes a 1% increase in mobile share and then extrapolates to a 2% increase year over year.
Notable that console market also had the same 1% increase (that was actually measurable and not just a projection) and they insist it's going to regress a percent and then stagnate?

What a pack of lies.

Well, there's a baseline, it's a polished turd. If you develop exclusively for bleeding-edge tech you're going to have better visual fidelity.

But it can though. What consoles can it not emulate?

even if consoles werent a thing that would still not be viable. Most of pc users are chinese rice farmers playing mobas on integradet graphics.you gotta decide how much time/money you are going to invest into the range between low and max gfx

yes
/thread
>inb4 explain
if we had only PC games we would have a greater push and competition between hardware developers and more innovation

no.

>consoles holding back graphics!!
>OMG RAYTRACED LIGHTING IS A MEME WTF DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO UPGRADE MY 970!!! SHITTY LAZY DEVS!!

Attached: CNTRTL36.jpg (2157x2160, 2.38M)

Xbox One, Ps4, Ps Vita

>work the land by day
>come home and fuck your wife, drink cheap liquor and play PC games at night
Sounds pretty comfy, not gonna lie

yeah, because it was made years later. they didn't build HL2 around the Xbox, they made it for PC and then years later they ported it to Xbox which required HUGE changes like smaller loading zones. multiplatform titles are built for the lowest common denominator because it's easier that way. it's easier to make one game for all platforms than to make an ambitious game for the top platform and then painstakingly port it down to handicapped platforms.

Hey, shut up, my 970 is doing fine

any current gen one?

My point and OP's were two different takes. I was just posting to post. I'll make a thread about it later if it makes you feel better.

what gemu

Attached: 20190516224641_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.56M)

Consoles, PCs, developers, studios, online stores

There's only one common thread tying all these together, that's the true reason behind what's holding back games.
Are you ready for this truth bomb?

It's people.
People. Are holding back video games.

control

thanks

Attached: 1419274127611.jpg (780x646, 118K)

how come this game always looks impressive in screenshots and completely average in video footage?

How do I know this half-life 2 shot wasn’t taken from the 360 orange box collection or the ghosts pic wasn’t taken from the Pc version. They both look like shit desu.

>average need user has still a cpu from 2009
sure bro, whatever makes you meme at night

Imagine using Ironsight, a free Chinese FPS, as an example of console just to gaslight people

Time of day and the area is important
Swamp and jungle are ugly, the desert is the only part that looks nice

Attached: 20190514225119_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

what game?

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.07 - 18.57.58.41.jpg (3440x1440, 812K)

They used to, but with moores law out the window consoles could easily compare with, or even beat PC's in the near future.

Historically, the life-cycle of consoles have been their largest bottleneck, even if we ignore the low end components. However, given their components, they've always been more performant than PCs due to them being special purpose machines. Devs usually get really good at optimizing for them towards the end of their life-cycle.

However, now that hardware is stagnating, we could easily end up with a situation where someone makes a higher-end console that eventually will outperform high end PC's simply because devs can optimize for their special purpose hardware.

Game companies are realizing this, hence the pro models which are starting to come out. Made possibly by longer life-cycles.

most gameplay is from the desert but I think where this engine thrives is how things look at a distance and with video compression those details are the first to go.

which game?

>Can’t emulate xbox one
It probably can, but there’s no point since all xbox games are available on Windows now.
>PS4
It can. But the project got a C&D from Sony.
>PS Vita
You mean a fucking handheld PS2?

What's holding back video games is a lack of creativity and aversion to taking risks. Everything has to be the safest milquetoast shit they can pump out to rake in a profit. I don't give a shit about mediocre graphics. Good gameplay should be the priority, not 4k ultra high res textures for the fucking rocks out in the woods.

rage

Attached: 20190515220313_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.64M)

Yes and no. I think developers hold back video games more than anything. Big con job on the PC side of things. I'm done with PC gaming come PS5.

>3rd party titles
>No AAA exclusives
>After thought support if you're lucky
>But muh $1,200 Ray Tracing card that runs at 20fps @ 4K with it enabled!
>This is PC Master Race, more money than sense

Anyways. I think developers can take more advantage of console AND PC, and don't. And why should they? If people keep buying what they put out, they have no reason to really go above and beyond that DX9 look for all games.

There are exceptions. God of War of PS4, while extremely low res, really pushed the graphics...which is why it was so low res. Horizon Dawn...pretty much any Sony exclusive took advantage of what the box was capable of.

PC...it's just so much wasted potential. It's like buying a race car with a souped up V8 engine and all you do with it is go to the grocery store. But you get to look cool on the way to the store and brag about what it *can* do to everyone in the store.

Also, can we get Episode 3 or HL3 already? Fuck. 15 years since this game now...damn I'm old. I was in my young 20's when it came out.

That's Call of Duty Ghost

Oh dropped then. Rage 1 was boring AF I guess this is from 2.

there is no emulator for these consoles, therefore you can't emulate these consoles. not that you can't EVER emulate these consoles.

>>But muh $1,200 Ray Tracing card that runs at 20fps @ 4K with it enabled!
Besides super rich performance fags, literally no one cares about this.

yepperz

>Also, can we get Episode 3 or HL3 already?
also shit taste confirmed.

This board literally hates every game ever. So this is hardly as insulting as you want it to be.

Yes. I've lost count of how many games have shown off what the game is capable of being (run on pc). Then severely downgrades it to run on consoles & closes the gap between how it looks between the two so it doesn't screw over console sales

Yes but be realistic, no one is waiting for a game that has never been in development. It's retarded. Also you want a good sci-fi fps game which here are dozens of already.

You'd have a point if devs were actually optimizing games but they really aren't.

Compare early get to late gen. Sure, not everyone does. But as long as the people writing engines etc do, it's fine.

Yes.

Attached: Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games.webm (718x404, 899K)

yes even though devs are putting more effort into the PC versions nowadays

Attached: 1567806354247.jpg (3841x4677, 3.85M)

Considering they're the only reason video games get made, no.

capitalists who thrive off platform wars are holding back videogames

bing bing wahoo *1up*

Attached: 1554064793312.jpg (2648x3772, 722K)

>overweight consolewarrior confuses nintendo with gaming PCs
having a stroke there, m8?

No, greedy corporations that spends 80% of the budget in propaganda are. Also the microsoft and Nvidia lobby to keep devs to only invest in deprecated windows graphics solutions stall the progress of videogames.

Yes

Yes and.no
Because not everyone have the top pc specs either

ofcourse

Games using TAA that blurs the image due to use of past-frame data to smooth edges. Try playing Monster Hunter World, the TAA is so slow that if you stay still for a moment the graphics keeps getting better and better.

The most spread vidya combo is PC + Nintendo
PSfags don't own a powerful PC because they have to buy a lots of multiplats to compensate for their grand total of 1 (one(uno)) game

true, that might be a part of it as well.

Piracy is holding Pc gaming back no dev wants to make a high cost exclusive just to have it pirated. Also devs tend to aim for low spec On pc anyway to get the largest potential customer base

With graphics? Not really, because it’s not like most people can run even the games we get today with maxed out settings, and it’s understandable that most devs don’t want to leave any ”future settings” in because they always cause massive amounts of REEEEEEEing from idiots who get mad if they can’t max everything out.

With gameplay design? More so, because console controllers force devs to play with more limited amount of buttons and options. It’s not too bad for most games, but you certainly can see some stupid solutions where devs tack on many things to same buttons just because they run out of free buttons to use. Also, RAM and CPU issues have been a real thing at least with last gen, when devs actually had to cut stuff like New Vegas strip into smaller pieces to make it run on consoles. I know that current gen consoles also have bad CPUs, but at least RAM isn’t really a problem anymore.

And by the way, kill yourself for that retarded cherrypicking comparison.

>The most spread vidya combo is PC + Nintendo
I think you're having a buyer's remorse meltdown. the mustard racers wouldn't touch a nintendo with a 10 foot pole.

Steam is taking a beating from Epic so pcbros have to go back to a time when the company was relevant.

MUST GIVE SONY MORE MONEY FOR WEAK SYSTEMS

>only game on the car is bloodborne
wow, this really is accurate

>ITS THE CONSOLES HOLDING BACK GAMES!!
>NOT THE KIKE DEVS THAT MAKE THEIR GAMES FOR CONSOLE!!!

A great example for the RAM thing is MGR which lacks real time weapon switching because of that reason.

"""updates"""

Attached: AhRl6BC3spA.jpg (1280x1440, 1.12M)

Attached: boger face.png (514x352, 32K)

Console warriors demand attention despite completely uninteresting/ complete faggots/ poorfags who need to be ignored.

They are, but caring about stupid dumbshit comparisons like water in half life versus water in call of duty is exponentially retarded.

You have to realize consoletard shitposters that can only spam consolewar bs are ruining this board and the posting quality.
By extent, consoles and the console playing mouthbreathers are holding everything back.

its worth a pirate, gunplay is fun

Attached: 20190516224255_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.3M)

Not him but PC + Switch is the best combo.

can't emulate n64 well...too many glitches or errors

This or not til long after the game is emulated and doesn’t run like pure ass even on a very expensive PC

But this entire thread was started by a Pc shit poster

Yes

fpbp

Attached: Crysis vs God of War.jpg (1921x2160, 448K)

>mfw people ITT are arguing over which system is better

Attached: 1563140871699.png (748x1082, 131K)

>including devices that aren't for gaming
snoy...

bought a $200 monitor and the whole screen suddenly went grey last night someone hold me

This
I won’t mouth breathers gone.
Even if you banned console discussion they’ll just say “Not 4K it’s shit!” Despite less then 4% of games in total support 4K output

>Being too poor to be a true idort

Attached: supremeIdort.png (803x1225, 308K)

>years later
>almost exactly one year later
get your facts straight at least

The fact that this is even a question shows how the perversion of truth and memetic brainwashing are actively turning bad jokes into reality

Yes.

This.

Attached: Why FPS is important.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

ah...a fellow contrarian

yes, but one of the reasons why it is harder to notice is because people can make better use of the technology in the console. seeing companies release new versions of the same console with new hardware is a pain, because you know most games won't really support them because they still have to support the day one consoles.

Consumers choose consoles, consoles are the majority of the consumer market.

I would infer the the average consumer either does not care about the requisite graphics bump, it's about convenience and herd mentality. All of John Doe's friends have a PS4. He's a casual consumer. What's his motivation to do something else?

Video games are mainstream but gamers are still a hobbyist enterprise, like model airplanes.

No. Price is. Nobody would want to buy $150 digital games.

>What's his motivation to do something else?
To improve his gaming experience.

It's only a matter of time.

without the peasants buying games to offset the piracy PC brings we would have not come this far

of course
the reason TES series went to shit was because Bethesda wanted the consoletards audiance

But he's totally satiated. Remember, the majority console-owner buys one or two games a year. These people do exist, and they are innumerable. We just don't hear from them, because they aren't hobbyists.

>try playing Prey on PS4 Pro just yesterday after getting used to 60fps on PC
>get a headache within minutes, feels like my eyes are being raped

fuck

Bloodborne was indeed most expensive game in history.

Attached: 1500884712227.gif (256x192, 1.39M)

Cope.

Attached: PS4Games.jpg (1304x2680, 3.37M)

Is this bait?
Also
>deep down

Attached: 1502477915900.jpg (514x564, 27K)

it's hard to sit back and play with a keyboard and mouse

>nioh
>nier
>deep down
kek
also apart from bloodborne and spiderman all ps4 games are pure shit Game: The Movie

As a PS4 owner, this is a massive stretch. The two competing consoles are interchangeable this cycle. Exclusives matter less than ever and they're less common than ever.

What is gamepad?

PC supports every controller

i own a Switch, Xbox One Original and a good PC but don't have a PS4 since i already had one and then two online services to pay for, but will probably get the PS5 if it isn't over 450 bucks on release. the online service thing shouldn't be an issue because i don't much play on Xbone anymore thanks to the fact that Microsoft ports all of their games to Win10. i'm almost there bros.

WTF I don't see any difference, am I supposed to see something?

yeah but then you are at a disadvantage in any fps multiplayer game. At least on console everyone is using the same thing

>He fell for the 'Yakuza is a movie game' meme

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>runs at "cinematic" 24fps

8 seconds of tired AC Bamham spam "combat", then a cutscene. what were you trying to prove here?

Don't get upset just because you're bad at the combat.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 3.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

Man you're really missing out on Yakuza if you're serious about this.

Why is this? What happened that made Yea Forums populated by literal crazy people? I can barely stand to use this site now.

Attached: 1523492099939.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

>batman combat
embarrassing

>Play some old vidya at 144 fps
>Too poor to run new vidya at 60+fps
>Eyes are always raped

Attached: 1566814681829.gif (100x100, 719K)

consoles are funding video games

>He thinks it's Batman combat

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 4.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

That’s nothing I used to play unreal tournament 2004 on my pc then go play halo on og Xbox it was pure hell for about 10-15 mins then my eyes would adjust and it would be fine. Do you sit super close to your monitor? Maybe you should visit the doctor if you get headaches from games

again, same thing. 6 seconds of attack spam, then cutscene.

clearly not

Attached: 1569220161423.webm (640x360, 2.43M)

The sad truth that many people just don’t want to accept. As much as people like to fellate Crysis, do you all really think that it was a coincidence that they went multiplatform with sequels? It’s just not plausible to imagine a vidya market where everyone develops just on PCs.

Yes, but not for the reason shown in your image.
I believe both games use cubemaps, and the reflection cubemap in the bottom image is just poorly placed. It could also be screen space reflection messing up, but what do I know.

Why do you have a 144hz monitor if you can't run games at it? It's more of an enthusiast purchase anyways, so it doesn't make financial sense.

I guess go dust off a copy of Kirby's Avalanche is games with punching in them short circuits your brain into "uuuuuhhhhhh, BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

this is your fucking brain on capeshit

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 5.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

hey you realize that the colorful fighting system is like one tiny piece of what people like about yakuza right

>PC gaming was fine for decades
>consoles take over the industry and impose their standards on all games, even PC titles
>"hehe, you totally need us now!"

Attached: 1569245986156.webm (640x360, 2.59M)

fine, lord of the rings return of the king for the PS2 combat. happy now?

to play modded STALKER labs at 144hz bratan

Attached: 1560338610433.jpg (247x197, 27K)

>add a single stun-baton enemy
>this no longer works

This.
On top of the fantastic combat, the writing is also god tier.

Attached: God tier Yakauza writing.webm (650x364, 2.97M)

I get it, boomer. Nothing is as good as whatever was special when you were 13. I wish your mommy would come back from the dead, order you domino's, and take you to Blockbuster to rent Glover. I'm sorry user.

yes, that's cuz consoles are more profitable.

Dose catholic priest wants to fuck young boy?

The avg. consumer cares about two things:

-Are the graphics OK -- they don't need 4k, 140fps to be satisfied
-Is the game affordable

The people who go beyond 1080p are niche; and the people who use GTX 1080, or higher, graphics are also niche.

Are consoles holding back gaming? No. As someone else pointed out, pricing is. If the higher-end tech was affordable, trust me, the avg. person would be using it. Publishers care more about making a profit than appealing to the niche.

lord of the rings return of the king came out when I was around 13. what now?

Trust me, if gaming PCs were priced like consoles the average consumer would not care. I mean, consider that your average teenager might not even be computer literate. The era of the household PC is over. People have tablets now, maybe an old laptop.

High schoolers are writing papers on their phones.

source has been updated, HL2 hasn't been. the graphics haven't been. The source water was around since the beginning.
youtube.com/watch?v=bvI62FUDpKA

this. 970chads are here to stay

Sounds like I nailed your ass.

Yes and no. PCs have and always will be superior in terms of hardware, and developing for them produces advancements, but advance in technology have had diminishing returns over the last two gens.

Honestly I think we're at a point where improvements in graphical fidelity are going to be barely noticeble. Also some of the best looking games of this gens have been console exclusive.

So people who are casual or even band-wagoners dictate the industry, nice.

Attached: 1568672182613.png (565x681, 644K)

no, it's a contradiction.

>some of the best looking games of this gens have been console exclusive.
Name one (1) console exlcusive that looks as good as Control.

Attached: remedy-4K-control-screenshots-6.jpg (3840x2160, 479K)

>captured by u/MrQUACK
>stealth shill thread
Sage.

OK. Anyway wanna have gay sex?

AAA PC games didn't cost 100 million $ to make at the time they were exclusive to PCs
developers can put enough work into games to make them as big, detailed and polished as they are nowadays only if they can count on sales on all major platforms
a PC exclusive RDR2 wouldn't be a jaw dropping, state of the art videogame if Rockstar decided to only release it on PC. it would be a 10 million $ instead of 100 million $ filler-tier small game because only that would be economically viable
to everyone who doesn't understand it: you should literally go back to school and try developing your brain

> dat abysmal kerning on 'TT'

yikes, I thought liberals were supposed to be good at design.

yes please!!!!

A good game doesn't cost 100million to create, period.

Absolutely obsessed.

Console gaming WAS and IS the industry since its inception. The only real exception is Europe in the 80s and 90s.

Dev costs were a lot lower back then when graphics, sound and other assets were much more simpler and cheaper to make than they are now. Creation of games like Witcher 3 would never have been possible with the PC market alone, it just doesn’t generate enough profit to enable such games.

If PC gaming had stayed completely separate from console gaming (doesn’t make any sense in business sense, but let’s just pretend that it is like that), it’s likely that PC games would have stayed more complex with less need to appeal to mainstream, but they would also be made on smaller budget. Personally, I’d accept that as a trade-off, but some probably wouldn’t. For example, threads like this always have people who wish that graphics would be pushed even further and further and believe that PC only gaming would be solution to that, but actually those blockbuster games wouldn’t get the funding they need if they were constrained to PC. It’s very much a Catch-22 situation.

That's not true though. Team sizes were smaller, but "new" hardware is always expensive in its respective era.

This image and text have been posted repeatedly since the release of Ghosts. Lurk moar.

>PC gaming was fine for decades.
Which decade would that be 80s-90s arcades ruled as the bleeding edge for tech late 90s early 00s Pc gaming was jank city.

No, legacy API's are, PC versions are hamstrung really badly by DX11 and the GPU wasting time sitting idle on draw calls leading to excess CPU utilisation, poor frame pacing and shit performance, this also complicates porting from console where they use API's with much less abstraction.

DX12 and Vulkan address this but most DX12 implementations are really DX11 wrapped in a compatibility layer (and suffer badly from intermittent stuttering as a result because processing workflow still has DX11 bottlenecks just with less drawcalls) and nobody but id uses Vulkan.

>It’s just not plausible to imagine a vidya market where everyone develops just on PCs.
This speaks to the zoomer generation gap. I literally remember when this was so.

Back in the day PC games and console games were more culturally cleft. With more graphically advanced and "serious" games being PC and more gamey games being console. That's why a lot of classic games are initially PC only e.g. Starcraft, Doom, Monkey Island, Civilization, The Sims, Total War. You wouldn't see that anymore, however. I can't imagine a high profile PC focused company like Blizzard today. Also, thinking about I kind of wonder if the entire MMO phenomenon could have happened with a console hybrid heavy market like today.

Personally I just wish consoles would focus on hitting a baseline 60 fps for all games before they make them look nice.

This so much. Good resolution would be nice too. Couldn't give less of a fuck about the rest.

No. Graphics doesn't make a game good.

Why?
If you want framerate, go for PC

>Low end Geforce 3
It doubled the vertex shader count over the PC variant.

But it definitely makes every game better.

Because I want the game to play well above all else.

>Thinks Nintendo is being insulted, takes it personally
I fucking hate this with every ounce on my body. Corporate loyalty is the biggest form of cuckoldry in the world

Attached: 1568545999893.jpg (562x273, 22K)

>makes every game better
No. There's tons of toaster-capable games with spot-on visuals, that wouldn't benefit at all from a graphical upgrade.

how is that webm suppose to prove anything

then get a pc

Attached: 1569099137107.jpg (669x1040, 56K)

Yeah, ”new” hardware was of course always expensive and the tools used for development have evolved, but the rising complexity still offsets the benefit gained from tools, resulting in the need for larger teams.

For example, let’s imagine that someone is developing an office room for a game in year 2000. You ultimately end up creating simplistic floor, roof and wall textures, create models for a table and then place some pencil and briefcase models on it while also putting a chair behind it. You may also tack some bookcases next to walls. Object detail level is as such that you can recognize them, but there’s not much small details to look at, level design is more about the grand whole than small details.

Today? The models for forementioned are much more complex than they used to be, people want to look at individual items in bookshelves and also want to see some small clutter around the office. Having just enough items to recognize it as an office is not enough, it needs to have as much stuff as a real office would have. The amount of assets needed is now increased a dozen times, and every single asset is more detailed. And while the tools for making those assets are better, there’s still so much more hard work in it, leading to increase in costs.

Now, I’m not saying that it’s necessarily a good direction or use for resources, but that’s how it is if you want better graphics and more technically detailed game worlds, it’s costly as fuck.

I do. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do that on a console.

wow so hard

Attached: 1543187190562.png (1378x559, 711K)

I also remember it, but the convergence was inevitable when the tech allowed for it. In the dev perspective, it makes all the sense to reach out for larger audiences if it just is possible, and nothing reflects this more than the fact that you actually have console ports of stuff like Pillars of Eternity or Cities: Skylines. They are games clearly made with PC in mind, but it’s still worth porting them to consoles in hopes of getting some of that console player money.

And now that I think about it, didn’t even games like Starcraft and CnC have those awkward console ports back in the day? It shows that devs were looking to break the PC/console barrier even decades ago.

PS2 games regularly hit 60FPS.

Because I want all 3ds games to run like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon or Link Between Worlds. Who even has opinions like this?

Half life 2 was the best graphics and game of all time in 2004 and still is

Imagine the bitching from Yea Forums if a dev used generic asset pack models in a game and then someone here realizes it.

I didn't know games were still being made for the PS2.

So much PC VS console arguing when, since the PS1, a console is literally just a pre-built PC mass produced to lower the price
Its all the same hardware, they just have an OS that confines it to games and media.

There is no reason games have to run worse now, with much more powerful hardware.

*dabs on HL2*

Attached: Blood train level.webm (1364x764, 2.99M)

That looks like the shit I took last night. WHat was your point, again?

No, consoles are the only thing pushing gaming forward.

It sounds like you're decrying the death of the b-game, or b-developer or something alone those lines. Which is valid, but with the advent of digital distribution, an entirely new marketplace has opened up for smaller developers with less resources to make exciting games.

Now, most of the time these developers don't produce games that are comparable to big studio releases, but the same was true of smaller studios in the 1990s and 2000s. Maybe the gap is wider now but there hasn't been a better time to be a small studio since before the 5th generation of consoles.

yes?

It's not even about processing power anymore, the pad is just retardedly limited.

PC gamers are playing on pads now more than any time ever before.

Because games are made with them in mind

>that shit gameplay
>almost died
>probably playing on a low difficulty
lol, if your gonna show off how good blood is DONT suck at the game

No, hiring low skilled Koreans and Indians are.

>good gameplay
That's not happening when your Snoystation is running the game at 25 fps in checkerboarded """4K"""

I'm a PCbro but...

>two screenshots without any context about:

>what games
>what devs
>what budgets did they have
>singleplayer/multiplayer?
>what kind of development did they have
>other related information

Fuck off.

Attached: 1396249405768.jpg (380x250, 28K)

And games would be better if they were designed expressly for a standard keyboard? Do you really think that the limitations of a gamepad are exerting that much of an influence over the game at the design document stage?

>get a PC this year for 1080p 60fps on current and next-gen games, don't want to upgrade for a few years at least
>get a faulty PSU (it's brand new too), fries every single component in my PC or fucked the motherboard, every part bar the SSD is running at 20% of its average benchmark speed

very cool

There's a reason why we haven't had another proper Deus Ex yet.

if you cant tell these 2 games then you must have literally been born yesterday

And everyone clapped

>frogposter
>is retarded
Like clockwork

Let me show you how it's done.

Attached: Blood train room.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

This, gamepads are capable of far more than keyboard and mouse which is only really good for pointing.

2016 election, lack of proper mods, lack of cracking down on rules, teenagers thinking wojaks are funny, etc.

well I don't know the only bottom one obviously, looks like some shitty low-rate shooter for zoomers like you

yes but without console AAA games probably will dead

Well then maybe learn how to read you sperg as it's been mentioned multiple times in the thread that it's Ghosts.

>yet another shit faggot
>wasting shotgun ammo to appear badass
you DO know the optimum method is to flare gun alt fire then throw some TNT in there, dont you?

>wasting shotgun ammo
You're the shitter here. It's the first episode, there really isn't a way to waste ammo if you're killing shit.

Attached: Blood d1.webm (888x500, 2.95M)

first that should be in picture itself or the OP at least, I don't have to go through layers of cancer just to see what game

second: it's not the point entirely, when you compare the graphics of two games you have to mention what factors were taken into account, otherwise any conclusion you make it worthless.

GoW 2018 and RDR2. Also Control does look nice, but it has the advantage of taking place in a concrete building so it doesn't strain hardware too much.

You'd have to be pretty crazy to not make a game with the console market in mind now, unless you're indie, I agree. Especially looking at stuff like this .

But to me it always felt like a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. There isn't a PC exclusive market like there used to be because various devs haven't created a culture for it. By memory it seems to me that around the mid 00s game production companies started mass abandoning the idea of PC gaming without at least console ports planned from the start e.g. Oblivion vs Morrowind. I always thought this was because of pirating phobia (or valid fears, idk). But thinking about it more I wonder if game rentals weren't also a big thing. Also the transition from shared family home computers to laptops for middle class work environments and smartphones for mundane computing needs. The death of brick and mortar electronics stores. Stuff like that putting the squeeze on gaming computers as a non niche platform in favor of consoles, which even grandma knows about if she wants to make a video game related Christmas gift.

I noticed the difference between pc and consoles as a kid playing titan quest for the first time in 2006. Maxed out it nearly fried my pc but holy shit, that game looked better than most late 360 and ps3 titles. It had crazy high specs for the time and the graphics are so sharp and beautiful. No consoles game in 2006 even looked half as good.

>more shit gameplay
just stop, you're embarrasing yourself
>shitter
nice reddit buzzword kid
> there really isn't a way to waste ammo if you're killing shit.
ah, so you are an actual child, got it

That shot of HL2 is using the updated Source engine with better lighting and reflections. It still looked good in 2004 but that's an unfair comparison

Lets see you do better, toughguy.

Attached: Blood Jumping.webm (1066x600, 2.94M)

Yes, but that picture is not a fair comparison. Top is a wide open area with a few objects in view (cranehouse, normal houses, broken pier and water tower with trees in the background)
while the lower picture is a very close picture of a wall and some water.
Despite consoles holding everyone back, the upper picture is something many games have become much, much better with. Closeup details often still sucks, but showing large open areas is something that has gotten really really good.

is that supposed to look cool or something?

That's what I thought. What's the matter, too scared to show your own gameplay?

>That shot of HL2 is using the updated Source engine with better lighting and reflections.
No it's not

lol how insecure can you get?

I could run my mouth without any evidence to back it up, but now it's too late. You have me beat in the realm of being insecure.

That's literally how it looked in 2004, none of the source engine updates changed anything in that image.

You guys ever stick a hairbrush in your ass, get upside-down against a wall in the bathroom and jerk off into your own mouth?

But right before you cum you kind of chicken out and just cum on your chest and neck, and then feel disgusted about shoving something up your ass? And then you gotta clean the shit and shit smell off the hairbrush in the sink with hand soap?

Or did you guys ever rub your asshole and then smell your fingers while jerking off, pretending you were having sex with some stinky-butt, average girl from school?

Not him but i've been playing the source engine since it came out. It did NOT look like that on release.

Yes if for no other reason than that they host the lowest common denominator who is content with eternally falling standards.

yes it did
This is a screenshot from a 2004 review

Attached: hl2_33.jpg (640x480, 38K)

>no enemy throws a single punch during this webm
lmao

Good shooting, mane.

>he literally cant see the lack of HDR and bloom

Lmao

Attached: 1541577440977.jpg (410x293, 36K)

>t. 3 years old in 2004

>self fulfilling prophecy
Yeah, that might be partly it, publishers love making shit up and pushing it. Like EA saying there's no market for single player games and then sabotaging their own products.

graphics are overrated anyway

trouble is, consoles offer shit graphics AND shit gameplay

>op's screenshot is comparing HDR and Bloom

Attached: 620755-914642_20041112_004.jpg (1024x819, 167K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vpa0kBm2skM
fucking idiot. It is well known that Valve updated the engine, severely improving the look of HL2. It absolutely does not look like it did 2004

>buy ps4 for 250€
>buy pc for 1500€ (which is far from the best possible)
>"lol, it just runs better on my pc! Why won't console retards understand?"
Consolefags are literally the fox who can't get the grapes. Pcfaggots are fucking imbeciles for pretending there is anything surprising about getting a better machine by spending six times more money.
Tell me a single pc that can run better than a console for the same price and then come back to talk shit

T: PC owner

Attached: 1560379139958.jpg (720x405, 38K)

some of these were on point but then there's shit like "controllere are made for gayming"

Wtf are they designed for then? Sounds like a COPE response

and where are the water improvements you disingenuous retard?

your autism doctor

>Tell me a single pc that can run better than a console for the same price and then come back to talk shit

There are people who literally do PC builds for console prices and outperform the consoles.

Console peasent here

how the fuck do I build a sick pc I can afford it too but Ill just get scammed if I go into a shop or something

In the water.

bazinga

the order 1886

Depends what you mean by holding back. If you are a zoomer asshole that only gives a fuck about the game looking pretty, then yes. If you care about other stuff, like a story, gameplay, and all that jazz, then no.

i played it in 2004 on an ati 9000 series card (9550 iirc) (ran like shit) i can assure you the ripply water reflections were there. clearly the hovercraft level was there to show off those reflections, too.

they're also present in the timedemo

this happens all the time though.

It did look like OP's pic in 2004 you knuckle dragging retard.

t. actually played it in 2004

If you spend 1500 eurofunnymoney on a PC and it isn't high end, then you're a retard.
Have a (You)

Attached: 1505072632141.gif (234x159, 315K)

HL2 xbox is genuinely worth a play through just to see how they managed to squeeze it onto the xbox.
its still the only way I can play hl2 and have fun and I will never understand it

>alt-firing akimbo shotguns

Attached: chad_train.webm (578x360, 2.94M)

I don't believe you.
Reminder that a second hand ps4 is 200-250€ . Burden of proof of a pc being built for 250€ and running the same games as well is on you now

1500€ is high end, but its far from the highest end possible, and you know it. Don't change the subject, faggot

Shitty devs are holding them back more, but consoles are still hurting the medium.

all I have is this, right at the start of the level like the scrub I am

Attached: Blood_1.webm (960x540, 2.81M)

Don't forget the $60 charge to have access to online and the price of games, both of which are fee on PC.

logicalincrements.com
I know in my country there are plenty of shops with nerds who will put together desktops for you for peanuts because they think it's fun.

Sort of.

A big problem is devs pushing for more and more polygons which doesn’t really make things look better anymore and cramming as much post-processing effects they can.

pc is bigger and brings more revenue now than all consoles and handhelds revenue combined

consoles exist for parents to buy them for their kids on christmas and other days the grubby capitalist rules in

No, pissbabies, consoles are not holding video games back. But.. you know what is holding video games back? That's right, TOXIC MASCULINITY. Idiots...

Raytracing IS currently a meme though. It's new tech so it gets shoved into everything and cranked up to 11 to show off that they have it regardless of whether or not they need it.
This happens every time something new gets introduced to real time rendering. Give it a few years for the hype to die off.

I just hope they won't forget it like 3D, which was only around for like a year before everyone just forgot about it. Raytracing has a ton of potential once the hardware gets good enough.

That's bullshit argument entirely added just to inflate the price of the console to make it look worse. If you want to play that game it ends up blowing in your face if you want to add the price of good mouse and keyboard(and also a controller) among other shit

>games free on the console
Come the fuck on. I pirate a lot but that's so fucking bullshit as a pro for the pc. If you are going to have the fucking nerve to suggest that I might as well say that games on consoles are free because I can steal them or get them borrowed from friends

it'd really have legs if gpu prices weren't utterly fucked

Mobile brings even more money.

Graphics are holding back videogames

Attached: they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do.jpg (523x720, 198K)

I see you own a PlayStation.

>move your thumb for 1 millisecond to press X and square and then back to mashing triangle
nope still works

%99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 of that revenue comes from lootbox FTP shit that wouldn't be out of place in a mobile app or subscriptions from some shitty Korean MMO.

Maybe I do. I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

Thanks, Awoo~

No, graphics are fine. Corporate developers and publishers are the problem, because they won't ever go for anything that isn't safe profit, i.e. a rehash of a rehash, polished as shiny as possible.

Attached: 719rNhyS7FL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 38K)

publishers aren't the problem
people constantly buying garbage for full price on release are the problem

Doesn't the ps4+pc make the xbone redundant?

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-103407_Messages.jpg (1440x2960, 581K)

Publishers are part of the problem, because they're driving the marketing and the hype. Marketing works, that's inevintable, vidya isn't a magical exception and won't ever be.

I literally just took this in engine build 2153. That's basically launch HL2.

Attached: d1_canals_060000.jpg (1400x1050, 344K)

It still requires a flat surface like a desk.

you are able to connect a keyboard and mouse to your xbox/ps4 and COD:MW is officially supporting it, no additional hardware or software needed
if you play MW with a controller on PC you get matched with console players that play with a controller
you are just a poorfag

>we could add more time and resources to make the game more fun or longer, or maybe optimize it to make it run at constant 60fps
>OR
>make the textures pretty
Guess which one of the two the normies and retards care more about and will buy like idiots
Fucking heeeell

Because console games totally don't have microtransactions

Console games have more than just skinner box simulators, they have glorified movie.

Just upgraded from my 970 to a 2070 but I'm keeping the card, the only game I really felt it was hitman 2. And at least I will be able to play kingdom come now. But other than that 970 is a baller boss ass card

reflections weren't improved, that's fake news.

most of RDR2 cost comes from paying for actors, licences, marketing. Actual development cost couldn't be more than 5 million.

where's the dick?

>single player engine tech demo takes better screenshots than some soulless consolized MP shooter bullshit

wow

Imagine being this much of a retard

Imagine being this much of a KBM plen

This hurts the most

>raytracing is new
Genuinely upset right meow

I have been wondering about how lately the Xbone has had several titles that run at native 4K. I think Gears 5 even runs native 4K 60 frames?

I'm legit kinda puzzled at how they managed to do this, because as far as I'm aware getting anything to run 4K60 or even run 4K at all requires a really heavy graphics card that costs more than double what an entire console sells for. Anyone want to enlighten me?

And makes computers very affordable though.

You only need a 2080ti if you're running at Ultra at 4K

Amd*

>nier
is it any good i thought of buying it

Do you though? I just did a little bit of a searching and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super is

>"Great for 1080p and 1440p gaming"

And that thing's like 450,- euro funbucks. The only cards that I see where they mention playable 4K framerates are the 2070 and higher which will probably set you back at least 600,- bucks

last I checked a 2070 is not a 2080ti...

But there's no way the Xbone's packing even an equivalent to a 2070 in there.

>Wtf are they designed for then? Sounds like a COPE response
It is cope response, from console babies. All the qoutes in the image are copes.

but the xbox is not running games on ULTRA

>All my friends are still on console
Literally nothing wrong with this one.
Okay game with friends >>>>> Good game alone, easily.

Nope. I swear all pc fags act liike if there would be no consoles that everyone would have a high end pc lol. At best most people would have low to mid range pcs except the few neckbeards wo have high end rigs.

Also the money lies in the console gaming market without it most games couldn't even be made like the witcher 3 developers said...

PC gamers hold back the entire industry. The entire platform is a joke and we need consoles to raise the technical benchmark across the board. Just because a single $1200 GPU can do pretty lighting effects doesn't mean anyone will use it. The combined total of all users with RTX capable GPUs on PC is 2% of the market. Factoring for the majority of users which are pirates - devs have no reason or incentive to cater to these consumers exclusively, ergo devs must also take the large amounts of users with low end 1060's, 1050's and old 900 series GPUs. Due to the volatility of that market the bottom line is best targeted as consoles.

This is also the reason the best looking console exclusives blow away any PC exclusive. PC gamers have always been wrong and once they grow up they will realize they've been fed lies and perpetuated them.

Attached: gr2-platforming.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

It still surprises me. Apparently the 2070 is the '4K entry' card' for if you want to play 4K games with medium settings with around ~30 frames (According to PC Magazine). The fact that Gears runs at 4K60 (while not looking like total shit) on a console that costs less than just the GPU you'd need to get shitty 4K frames on your PC is still blowing my mind

snoys are the worst lmao

>buy my ps4 for 350 maple dollars in 2013
>still running strong
>spent $700 on a PC in 2013
>it sucked by 2017
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.52.18 PM.png (1066x386, 93K)

the ps4 was never good

Nice bait. HL2 looks good because of all the engine updates. It didn't look that good at release.

Reality is consoles are the lifeblood of the industry. No amount of plebbit PC MaSteR rAcE will change that.

How come half-life's water looks so good. I know call of duty is using the same tired engine

lol

Lets be honest, HL2 doesn't look good regardless. It never looked good.

Attached: riddick1.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Carmack's gonna carmack.

seething.

Attached: Kali Angel.webm (1024x576, 1.96M)

Agreed with you but the switch can be emulated.

That's vanilla Half-Life 2. user even posted proof ITT. Stop talking out of your ass, retard.

"solid update"
>hdr
>solid update

Attached: unknown.png (764x628, 167K)

By technicality, the answer is split between yes in computational specs, and no when it comes to funding to make AAA games.

Also, people who compare old games to current games tend to ignore all of the factors added, that take up processing power, that old games didnt have.
"Realistic" graphics reached the point of "acceptability" long ago, and going any further is detrimental to gameplay usually.
So putting power into AI/physics, or number of enemies on screen, or graphical effects that come from the engine, rather than needing to be tailor made by the company every time, all open the way for possible other features. (including lowering the cost to produce games, which is 1 reason why they arent going up in price too drastically.)
(also games are starting to have more variety in the terrain, along with less hallway/corridor designs, since they can handle all of this better)

Nothing in that HL2 image was provided in an update, retard.

>dumb baiter insinuating

Attached: 24af6952494548c6098e8a71d276b4ad68b0a8d02288b2e20368c7327694d834.gif (167x167, 833K)

They are "designed" for gaming but they're still worse than a general purpose mouse for pointing functions.

the "native 4k" you get with gears 5 on xbone is in reality dynamic resolution plus temporal reconstruction (i.e. fancy upscaling)

No one really cares

Then why do they get to call it native? I hear technical teardowns moaning all the time about how the PS4 uses the checkerboard upscaling, but when they talk about the Xbone versions it's always "native".

Because the monitor is set to 4K and the UI is rendered at 4K. As far as the monitor is concerned it's legit 4K content.

It all about higher resolution and hardware intensive graphics less about overall smooth performance. Got to get the suckers to upgrade for some reason.

>PC holds back the industry
>The platform with the VASTLY superior hardware holds back a hardware based industry
>The platform LITERALLY EVERY GAME gets made upon is holding the industry back
hmm.... nice try baiting tranny

Fuck yeah, I love movies too. Think it's gonna get IT?

Chinks are. Consoles are irrelevant.

>PC holds back the industry
It sure does.
>The platform with the VASTLY superior hardware holds back a hardware based industry
Yeah, turns out having only 2% of the users with vastly superior hardware means nobody will cater to the rest of them.
>The platform LITERALLY EVERY GAME gets made upon is holding the industry back
>hurr they use thing to make game therefore it is the best!
god you're a retard

like any company their size they pay their legal department to find the exact placement of the line they're not allowed to cross, and then pay their marketing department to put them just barely on the right side. and then technical teardowns from shit rags like digital foundry just read off marketing material and/or stare at their TVs and google until they find the names of the effects they're staring at, whip out their thesaurus to make their descriptions sound educated, and call it a day.

Reminder that PCs were inferior to consoles in some fashion up until the 2000s. Pic related was the best pkeks could come up with, that same year saw the release of SMW on the SNES.

Attached: commander-keen-invasion-of-the-vorticons_2.png (320x200, 3K)

DIABLO 3

a lot of ignorant people here

while yes the gunplay IS fun, it's just that literally everything else is dragging it down to oblivion.
t. pirated it

Attached: 37d.jpg (680x511, 51K)

>graphics don't matter

Attached: 1472077981238s.jpg (88x125, 3K)

>until the 2000s
2019*

do i get control+wolfenstein or the new cod?
i can choose between the two(three) because i got a new gpu

fuck i didn't realize we already are done with year 2022....

uncharted and horizon look really out of place

consolebros, i was told pc holds us back?

Attached: 1.gif (1200x675, 1.2M)

brainlets think the only way consoles are holding games back are the stagnating and lower quality graphics lol

Retard.

cringe

stop posting on this board retard

Clearly not, because the best sold PC exclusives look like they're stuck in 2007.

Add this to the chart.

Now post the fps.

Consoles didn't take over industry. They just benefited Microsoft's stupidity.

what a shitbrained reply

new engine update added nothing but HDR (in source it's just dynamic bloom) and dynamic flashlight shadows

detail/noise textures too.

Nah, people like to meme it but truth is if they just went ham on pushing the tech they have now we'd just end up with another Crysis situation where people with the most expensive pcs in the world can't run it for at least a couple years

source? it's wrong. gears 5 uses dynamic res on xbox one x. it CAN reach 4K at times but it lowers the res whenever anything actually happens, to stay close to the 60 fps target.

unfair comparison as all that lighting is just prebaked, nothing is being rendered in real time. its impossible to do in a larger open world game or any game with a day and night cycle.

Attached: 1546113144235.jpg (382x372, 28K)

lol no, just look at these graphics!
WHOAAAAAA!

Attached: PRO Performance.jpg (1241x871, 340K)

Yes, and the gap in power has grown exponentially.

Vita emulator when?
fatelf.jpg

This. The grindy RPG shit only exists to pad out the game's length. Would have been cool if just played like a normal shooter.

Based

I understand that consoles are inferior and yet I like playing on them more.

Lazy developers and greedy publishers are holding their own games back.

Attached: bz-5cf2cc6c988a1820358920835 twin peaks shrug.gif (500x372, 500K)

Holy shit theres Summon Night 6!

Modern day equivalent to this would be two drag queens with near clown-tier makeup and spiky hair fucking each other on top of the car that's now rainbow-colored.
[Spoiler]And the only game on it would still be bloodborne[/spoiler]

i used to be one of those fags that claimed you only needed 24fps
i was a 360 user back then
i bought a pc mostly as a meme and bought watch_dogs on it, playing it at 60fps was great
remember going back into my living room and sitting down, booting the 360 (which took like two minutes jesus fuck) and then launched watch_dogs and holy fuck it was so stuttery and laggy and jaggedly unsmooth i couldn't fucking believe it
now i don't hate 24fps fags i simply pity them, for they haven't had their eyes opened yet

>performance mode still can't hit 60 fps

It has the equivalent of 1070, and it runs games on low-mid settings. Gears is a very static and confined game.

>It has the equivalent of 1070
I highly doubt this. the price of the machine wouldn't make sense. the consoles in this gen were priced at their real hardware price pretty much. I doubt the X was some kind of bait deal sold under value.

It was sold almost at a loss, as far as I know. Knowing their manufacturing process, since consoles are basically a single board inside, this streamlined production and cut costs.

Consoles are purpose made for gaming and as closed system require lower end hardware. Specs mean a lot less than people think.

They have been holding back videogames since late xbox-ps2 generation/early 360/ps3, this was when games started being dumbed down or had content cut because they had to be multiplat and the consoles couldn't handle the same level of fidelity or detail pcs could.

>greedy corporations that spends 80% of the budget in propaganda
based schizo poster

Attached: ps4 4k.png (819x133, 14K)

>dips below 30fps
what did he mean by this

Attached: NieR Automata 2019.01.09 - 0g07.56.39.054.DVR.webm (636x400, 2.97M)

>equivalent of a 1070
yet it never manages to perform better than a 1060 in every digital foundry video that compares it

>the best looking game are console exclusives, ps4 to be more precise

Why are pkeks retards this delusional?
The only way for PC to achieve such graphics is by firing up youtube and watching some console walkthrough.
Deal with it, pc game will always look like ps2 era indie shovel ware

Attached: not possible on pc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>worse draw distance than a Vita game

Attached: shitty draw distance.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

>30 fps upscaled 4k
>or even worse, 30 fps 900p
yikes

>unreal engine everything is shiny aesthetics
is that supposed to look good

Attached: 1511646941379.jpg (1800x1013, 2.34M)

i dont get it, this looks like shit. are you for or against consoles?

he's trying okay?

Attached: no popin they said.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

How do you get the old version?

what's this

>guys I am embarrassed, 200$ hardware from 2013 shits on my 2k overpriced, pc gpu

PS5 will only make pc more irrelevant, and that is a good thing, that overpriced piece of garbage with console port as the only thing going for it, should have been dead long time ago.
PC is 3rd wheel of the industry,

Attached: not hindered by pc port.jpg (1920x1072, 134K)

>you need a 4000 dollar pc to match the power of a console
How do consolefags still believe this, holy shit.

>top row is all movies
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Looks like crap. TAA ruins everything.

theHunter?

Bitch please, that game even with 360p would surpass anything you will ever see on you irrelevant, overpriced garbage.

Attached: driveclub.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

PCs were much more powerful but most didn't bother with graphics because they were still primarily used as business machines. VGA blew away everything a console could do, but why bother with expensive vga in 1988 when you use your computer for work.

I think it's TheHunter Call of the Wild

>n-no my console games run at 8k 120 fps!!!
Sorry user but the pc version of multiplats always look the best for a very good reason.

yes

ITT: Brainlets that know nothing of real-time rendering methods.

youtube.com/watch?v=s2KOxbJ-CIs

Just look at the video, even console multi-plat surpasses anything on pc. Just one of many examples, also, it doesn't suffer from 'pc port syndrome downgrade'.
PC is a fucking joke that gets to be shitted on by literal APU's.
Can't believe that there are people in every generation that fall for that shitty 'platform'.

what game is that?

theres like 6 none exclusives there user.

Yes. But not just in graphics. Controllers have very few buttons and low versatility compared to a mouse and keyboard. Developers constantly have to map multiple functions on the same button and think in 4-buttom schemes because of the face buttons and directional buttons, when they could've just made a sensible control scheme if they just had enough buttons to work with. Likewise, analog sticks are slow and developers have to slow down gameplay to a crawl to compensate. This is most prevalent in shooters but can still be a problem in other action games because the thumbs have to be in several places at once, the sticks and the face buttons. As a result, any enemy that goes out of your camera is more trouble than it should be because you have to readjust physically to turn towards them.

I think this has been polled here multiple times, and the most common combo was almost always PC + Nintendo.

>best looking game 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=GQZtkoDwPTI
Console exclusive

>best looking game of 2018
youtube.com/watch?v=1g3z3bkrK3o
Console exclusive

Not gonna bother with other years, but you have probably noticed pattern here.
PC shouldn't even be mentioned with consoles but with mobile, given its graphics.

It's not that your image is offending anybody, it's that you're offensively stupid.

Attached: 1567713051720s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

>will look infinitely better on PC

No, consoles are one of the reasons gaming has evolved so much.
>muh graphics
kill yourself

Attached: 1545780749646.jpg (470x394, 91K)

>complains about grafics
>considers the sequel to a hand held game running on out of date hardware is good

uh okay

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 8_8_2019 10_06_22 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 3.22M)

user...

Attached: doom.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

Only graphically, but that's not everything.

see

That guy looks disappointed at your lack of dubz

oh yeah, and games designed around controllers

wrong, the main way consoles are holding back gaming is in terms of controls because analog sticks (no mouse).

mouse is a cope, the real issue is fewer games designed around keyboards

>walkman
well over 2B xbox/windows have been sold
looks like xbox and pc win again

yes

Attached: Screenshot (5).png (1909x1080, 3.39M)

>gaming with a keyboard
Oh boy what key was it to do the thing again? Was it Z? T? Some awkward combination like CTRL+ALT+TAB+B+O+Q+F+SPACE?
I sure do love uncomfortably contorting my fingers just to properly play a game more elaborate than pong.

nah, devs were wasting buttons. the number of buttons on controllers is fine. if it constricts your game idea your game idea is convoluted and you need to dig deeper and find the essence. the 90s "we have all these buttons so let's use them" mindset lead to shit like the controls of System Shock (1). good riddance. in that sense controllers actually did us all a service.
keep in mind that controllers are NOT to blame for "one button does everything" design, that's retarded focus groups. there are enough to buttons on a controller to select weapons with individual hotkeys or whatever else you may want. devs are just not smart enough about creating good control schemes.

it IS the lack of mouse that's ruined all shooters for 15 years now.

okay zoomie

>the number of buttons on controllers is fine
sure, for zoomershit

Attached: dab.gif (931x682, 426K)

>Tell me a single pc that can run better than a console for the same price
Legitimately can't, the equivalent hardware is no longer being sold at RRP because it's obsolete, therefore prices are impossible to define properly. I could probably build something that performs the same as a modern console using modern components but I would have to be going out of my way to use bad cost-performance components. The real comparison is building a computer that performs twice as well as a console for roughly twice the price, because that's when things start to even out.
My old build was about 7-8 years old and ran modern multiplats at 45-60fps, some of the components you can find on newegg or amazon to get a price estimate, but most components have been off the market for so long that there is no longer a pricetag.

Plus you fail to account for the fact that most of a computer will last you 2-3 console generations at least. Half of PC users will pay less than the price of a new console every few generations since GPUs tend to last longer and then have a spike in cost when they upgrade other components.

P.S. take Far Cry 5 as an example of a game that's made for controllers, yet uses way too many individual binds for shit nobody needs in the first place. you can't blame controllers for that.

>take ubishit

lol

Attached: cants.jpg (474x266, 19K)

yes

Attached: 1568564869534.jpg (1920x2160, 786K)

The FOX engine was so good, too bad Konami scrapped it

They were, but there's nothing to hold back anymore since it's all shit now.

for 1500€ you would get the best gaming pc .. normaly you buy pc for 700-800 range or if you dont mind wait you can stalk ebay for somep arts and get pc for 500-600 usd

Corporations are

The funny thing is that consolefags believe this.

Attached: 1540784313023.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

graphics dont matter

Even on PC some games like third person action games or fighting games are better played with a controller. The controller isn't really a point in console's favor because Xbox One has a great controller and you can easily adapt that to your PC.

As a console gamer im done with sony and microsoft after this gen. i think ill stick with nintendo and build up my ps2 ps3 and ps4 library.

As a weeb I'm done with Sony and will play PC and Nintendo

Graphics have plateaued out
Compare Battlefield Vietnam to Battlefield 3, a 7-year gap. Massive difference
Then compare BF3 with Battlefield 5, again a 7-year gap, but the graphical difference is far more subtle

System Shock 1 was before standards for EVERYTHING from HUDs and aiming were ironed out, and before many QoL features were invented. If you're seriously suggesting that we have controllers to thank for the transition of control schemes from SS1 to Deus Ex, then you're fucking insane.

I played it and it was fine. Sounds like the problem exists between the keyboard and chair.

PC +PC is best combo

Idiot it's huge if you understood what it meant. Imagine in 2022 when even peseants such as yourself will be able to experience 4k w/ rtx. Then you can thank early adopters for paying for the r&d and fab's

the difference is night and day, jesus fuck what a retarded take

>Deus Ex
Deus Ex also has an absolute shit control scheme. But you also think Far Cry 5 has a sensible control scheme so of course you'd think Deus Ex was a master class of efficiency and elegance.