Just beat the main questline of Morrowind, post Morrowind memes...

Just beat the main questline of Morrowind, post Morrowind memes. Also name a more kino dialogue in questlines than the Little Story of Larrius Varro, I dare you

Attached: 1555392742264.jpg (460x513, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oncelostgames.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=c598kuusepk
youtu.be/Qf8lMMpFIDU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

smokin skooma with caius cosades

Attached: 1555575118873.jpg (400x300, 53K)

haha le morrowind maymays. mooooooon sugar in balmora amirite fellow oldfriends?

Shut up and give uncle Crassius a kiss

Shut up idiot, you don't even know what Balmora means.

Haha indeed my friend rather be FUS-RO-DAH'ing motherfuckers all day haha like there isn't even dual wielding in Morrowind and like all those different skills and classes make the game just way to hard and like alot of those are so unnecessary haha

Morrowind is the least challenging TES game out there. Once you get to level 20 the game loses all sense of danger. If you meta game that will happen at level 1.
You are correct the start is a PitA but it is over fairly quickly

>when meta game you're OP at level 1
you shouldn't be?

Depend on how challenge averse you are. If you are Morrowind is the game for you. It even has training wheels with the always use best attack. If you fail at Morrowind it isn't because of the difficulty curve.

that curve happens if you don't do everything to maximize level ups

Not in vanilla morrowind itself but Tamriel Rebuilt has some comfy questlines especially around Ranyon-ruhn

kek
fits the meme well

Nice game

Attached: morrowind food.webm (1280x960, 2.55M)

Greetings.

Speak freely, friend.

Attached: af1.jpg (480x480, 29K)

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive?

be prepared

Attached: szmalec.jpg (300x199, 18K)

Attached: DD6gE6P.jpg (291x639, 52K)

>Deliver skirt to Telvanni council member
>She's in her room burning books next to a khajit slave
>She tells me to put it on to show that it's not cursed
>Put on skirt
>She tries to kill me

Morrowind was good but magic was broken. Enchanting was better in every possible way. They actually regressed from Daggerfall. In Daggerfall you could spellmake spells that scaled and improving in a magic ability would lower the cost.

Attached: 1567543364645.jpg (1400x569, 191K)

>people nostalgic for open world theme parks.
It has all the same shit open world games usually have.

Leveling issues - you level up and then half the content on the other side of the map becomes irrelevant as the rewards for completing the content.

No living world - nothing ever changes unless the player triggers it.
There are no simulated systems to interact with, no trading no real faction interaction beyond the scripted quests and when you finish those there is literal no extra functionality to leading a faction.

No world gen - the game cant be regenerated to be at least somewhat different.
Every thing is static causing fatigue on repeat playthroughs.

God, when will we get a proper generated open world rpg with intricate systems that interact with each other... actual resources that get mined and dissapear, towns that are generated based on proximity to such resources, towns getting fully destroyed and new ones springing up, factions taking over control potentially controlling everything and then inside new groups pop up that start revolutions and so it goes on and on...
When will we get skills with semi random values so that each playthrough something else might be more powerful, demanding the player to adjust dynamically.
and in general world modifiers that tip the different balances towards this or that for each play-through.
When will we get semi randomized quests that are a direct result of the needs of lords and towns(dragon lands not far from town to eat the sheep the citizns are raising, lord opens a quest for someone to come destroy the threat) and merchants and warring factions(factions start war raising demand for weapons) with specific legendary weapons for which all sorts of characters have a bounty or quest.
When will NPCs have at least basic needs and wants system that interact with the game world dynamically..
actual time and aging so you cant just take your time and do it all in one go but have to pick howto spend your time in game.

WHY the fuck cant an AAA studio develop a first person open world RPG that will have dwarf fortress level simulation?

Because what you're asking for is a procedurally generated sandbox game, and guess what? Most people would rather play a hand-crafted RPG that creates the illusion of real and dynamic world through clever writing and design over a game that is constructed by algorithms.

there is hope fren
oncelostgames.com/
tldr the daggerfall team is getting the band back together

I'm playing Daggerfall right now. I love the character creation and the dungeons can feel spooky but here is the core issue:
>The procedurally generated world is massive. But unless your imagination is doing some heavy lifting then there is no reason to explore it. Its based on fast traveling which means there is in practicality no open world at all. Samey towns and samey dungeons.

Really admiring the character creation though. Thats a steep drop from this to Skyrim.

Attached: Essence of Daggerfall.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

Holy FUCK

>t.retard that has never played MW

It isn't that steep of a drop when you realize that they just kept casualizing it with each new entry, though from oblivion to skyrim it's deeper than the other drops.

A mix of both would be perfect actually. Kinda like Terraria is better than Starbound, even though Starbound has potentially infinite content because of randomization.

He does make a good point about the world not changing without your input. Characters that hand out quests out in roads between towns literally stand in the same place once you finish their quest so long as they don't die or teleport.

youtube.com/watch?v=c598kuusepk

npc's don't have schedules at all, though I recall there being mods for that, it was a big feature in oblivion that npcs would fuck off home at night and such.

My ideal:
>Almost no quests, the world is largely a backdrop to play in
>Gigantic procedurally generated open world
>Some dungeons are developer handcrafted
>Other dungeons are crafted by other players via a dungeon creator
>Options for which player created dungeons are possible so that immersion can be maintained instead of humor or cheat layouts
>Loot is randomized in player created dungeons, handpicked in Dev ones
>Enemy mob spawns are randomized but accurate to the nature of the dungeon

Attached: 1567435335222.jpg (736x521, 52K)

>tfw there will never be a quest where you and caius just bro out, chill and talk shit about the tribunal and daedra

>halfway through the talking he sends you to snag some more moon sugar

sounds comfy

Shouldn't have listened to the braggart

Yeah, i'm the dumbass for assuming you could gain sustenance from bread

Sorry but I had no levitate potions.

Attached: ScreenShot 0.png (1024x768, 1.06M)

lmao

Worlds Adrift tried that. They handpicked crafted Islands made by players. Unfortunately they totally broke all the lore in this way because players just wanted to make cool islands.

The game was totally mismanaged and is now dead. They took my $20.

Main point being that it will take a long time for players to craft good enough content and it will almost never fit seemlessly into the world. Your ideal will never work.

>you know nerevar his whole chosen business sounds dumb, we should just, take all our sugar, and go to elsweyr
>heard that place is loaded with sugar, and don't tell anyone this Nerevar, especially not the emperor, but i wanna clap some khajiit cheeks

It is safe to assume that he means you can make restore fatigue potions with food that you carry. It should make sense for someone with an IQ above room temperature.

Go out and get exhausted and then come back and eat some bread. See if that energy magically comes back to you.

what would health potions taste like bros

Be careful though because you can go through weapons, but clothes and pillows can go on them so they're still useful.

Attached: THERE IS NO ESCAPE.png (500x565, 459K)

Attached: 1565073181888.jpg (853x630, 87K)

Attached: file.png (490x2925, 1.21M)

Attached: 1518911495793.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Attached: file.png (378x380, 182K)

Anyone have that pic someone makes their character look like Fargoth, kills him and cosplays as him waiting for the next player and they all say ''i was fargoth on your first playthrough'' or ''i was the one when you replayed it a year later''

Mad

I need this mod

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an edited screenshot.

I don't understand morrowind. Its either braindead easy because you exploit the fuck out of it or its the most annoying unfair busted piece of shit game ever. What the fuck is the point? Why do people revere this game as the second coming of christ?
and then theres retarded shit like this. Unless you're already deeply familiar with morrowind there are a million times where the game will lie to you about how things work that actively make the game worse. Where on earth does "carry some food so you can eat it to recover fatigue" mean "go to balmora and find a mortar and pestle, find ingredients that restore/fortify fatigue, and then craft potions that hopefully aren't dogshit"

Git gud fag

bumpe

did work?

It's fun

okay but why
what is fun about it
I would like to have fun as well but I need to know how the fun is had

Forget that, I wanna know what Telvanni bug musk smells like

I'm tempted to try OpenMW for my phone, should i try if it runs or should i just mod the shit out of pc version instead?

nice

I too love the smell of free 1000 septims in the morning

get a load of this dwarven technology

Atmosphere. Exploration is rewarding. Morrowind is great at "show, don't tell" and you figure out things by yourself rather than having a fucking floating gps marker leading you to a random dude explaining the quest for you. World feels breathing despite shit animation and rigid NPC: you feel like you're a speck of dust in something greater than you rather than being told you're the chosen one constantly.

You do your thing the way you want and no one urge you to do shit constantly.

Been a while but iirc all the post Morrowind games have level scaling.

Besides if you stealth you can snipe the fuck out of everything anyway. Neither Oblivion or Skyrim were at all challenging.

based

The worldbuilding and quest design is excellent, as are the small touches made to the world thanks to the closer detailing the team used. The combat and progression is fondly remembered because 2002 RPG fans were a bit better at understanding that you should choose a race and class that buffs your primary weapon skill, and respect the stamina bar, without completely min-maxing everything.

It does, but the scaling isn't that bad. Its nothing like Oblivion which was fucking ridiculous.

>Larrius Varro
>not Rollie

Attached: Cxbx-Reloaded d8b0075c 1569261737.jpg (1402x1114, 365K)

Isn't that the case for most Bethesda games

Attached: 1566885996153.png (1078x1608, 912K)

i think that's what he was getting at

Is this...emulated xbox morrowind?

another important thing is no leveling.
leveling is cancer.
The right way to approach this is by increasing the capabilities of the player with different systems.
For example you have merchant modules. if you become a merchant you can start makiing trade routes which need to be protected fomr bandits with a bandit system that judges their amount and directs them towards places wit ha lot of gold that they can potentially plunder with some randomness based on the type of the characters in it or to simplify the systems on the type of character the band leader is.
Also bandit amounts are impacted by both the random character gen that sometimes spawns evil characters and the anarchy level of generated world, meaning if there is a lot of chaos as a result of faction wars then more characters will decide to become bandits by changing their trade.

The player can acquire new abilities but ones that expand his capabilities not simply better versions of previous ones.
meaning he can leanr to barter or learn to cast spells and rise in a magic guild by fighting for it or doing their quests or fullfilling the mage guild's interests.
the interest will come out of different systems and different roles with their own systems and a new generated dynamic world that is diff form the previous one in both geography and the characters that inhabit it.

the good thing isyou can start with a few options and a few systems and use dlc and expansionsto add in more and more systems.
like you can have merchants but not really a system by which the player can become one with all that entails.
that can be added in a dlc or expansion, meaning an expansion of trading that allows more depth and specific menues and systems for the player to wield and master.

another important thing is no leveling.
leveling is cancer.
The right way to approach this is by increasing the capabilities of the player with different systems.
For example you have merchant modules or bandit modules to control group of bandits etc..
If you become a merchant you can start making trade routes which need to be protected from bandits with a bandit system that judges their amount and directs them towards places with a lot of gold that they can potentially plunder with some randomness based on the type of the characters in the world or to simplify the systems on the type of character the band leader is.
Also bandit amounts are impacted by both the random character gen that sometimes spawns evil characters and the anarchy level of generated world, meaning if there is a lot of chaos as a result of faction wars then more characters will decide to become bandits by changing their trade.

The player -can- acquire new abilities but ones that expand his capabilities not simply better versions of previous ones.
meaning he can learn to barter or learn to cast spells and rise in a magic guild by fighting for it or doing their quests or fullfilling the mage guild's interests.
The interest will come out of different systems and different roles with their own systems and a new generated dynamic worlds for each run that are diff form the previous ones in both geography and the characters that inhabit them.

The good thing is the devs can start with a few options and a few systems and use dlc and expansions to add in more and more systems.
like you can have merchants but not really a system by which the player can become one with all that entails(setting up shops trade routes, hiring people etc).
That can be added in a dlc or expansion, meaning an expansion of trading that allows more depth and specific menues and systems for the player to wield and master.
The same can be with other systems like mercenary, town leader king.etc

>things you'd think you'd never want but suddenly have a mighty need for

OpenMW better extend morrowind to 2050

i had some griebenschmalz on rye this morning. its goddamn good. i assume thats essentially teh same thing

Food does have a restore fatigue alchemy aspect though.

Why is this funny.
Am I dumb

>Enchanting was better in every possible way
maybe i need to make a shitload of increase intelligence potions or something, but isnt there pretty low limits for spell effect enchantments on most items? i guess it could also be because i dont really care for on-use items, so the constant effect enchantments seem to max out at +3 [effect]. should i be enchanting every uselss piece of clothing i find to level up enchanting?

Also leveling up the enchanting skill is absolute cancer. But I guess that's what trainers exist for.

Attached: chill scoob.jpg (837x619, 47K)

>Git gud fag

here we can see the brainlet's most common response to legitimate criticism of his favorite game.

imagine the smell inside telvanni towers, those things must smell, they're basically giant mushrooms kept alive by magic

>walking along morrowind
>guy falls out of the fucking sky

>he didn't spec into acrobatics
Nigga just jump everywhere you can

youtu.be/Qf8lMMpFIDU
I liked the song

Attached: a43c7eb840350260d6391edc98fa7973.png (474x468, 298K)

it's true, morrowind is so braindead boring that people spend more time forcing memes for the game than actually playing it because it's so fucking empty and 99% of npcs only have the option to repeat a rumor you heard at the beginning of the game

I used to be a shitposter like you but then I took an arrow to the knee.

skyrim will be a classic, morrowind will be a fargoth meme at its peak and thats it because nobody met any npcs past the starting town cause its so damn empty of a game

STOOOPID

It's a hand-to-hand char, losing stamina on grinding acrobatics would be a mistake. A threw 7 "random" skills that will be useful at some point during the adventure. And I won't use any trainer because I keep the money for constant enchants (night eye + hand to hand beyond 100).

Attached: ScreenShot 1.png (506x273, 130K)

Too bad hand-to-thand sucks in Morrowind, and stopped being a skill at all after Oblivion.

>endurance that low

jesus christ

I don't understand how you think this lie is going to convince someone who actually played the game.
I played it and met NPCs who did in fact exist out of the starting town.
Feel free to keep replying if you want, but you aren't even keeping up the appearance of a genuine poster who wants discussion, so drop the act.
That's an...interesting build you got there, tripfaggot.

Morrowind had little scaling. That is why you end up with nothing dangerous to fight. If you are looking for a hiking sim Morrowind is for you.

I am sure there were NPCs everywhere. They were all the same lifeless cardboard cutout.

It doesn't. You have to think before fighting specific archetypes. The most dangerous enemies are those with 2 handed weapons. Heavy armors aren't a problem since they will lose their stamina faster (run until they choke). Mages : just dodge.Undead : too bad fists aren't actual weapons + they can't be destroyed.

The only issue is, as said, strong enemies for I have to stun them before they kill me which is impossible at the beginning. Drain stamina will be a plus for sure, but I started the Temple faction so I can get a few levels before thing get serious.

I'm tired of wasting hours to optimize character that will wreck everything until I get bored. Agility + Luck + Sanctuary will be my armors. Also I'm playing on average difficulty.

n'wah

What are some things OpenMW does that the original game couldn't?

All I really want is the ability to write in the journal yourself.

Attached: i0vsyeap22n31.jpg (800x1201, 125K)

Can someone explain to me how it is that basically 90% of poles from the generation that was young when Morrowind came out played the game and loved it? Why is it so popular there?

Attached: 410788f1fc439d418f6d082ddfa35bc3_original.jpg (610x409, 48K)

>choosing a class and race that buffed his weapon skill was too complex for him
>playing the most simple d&d knockoffs would be too hard for him

I don't think it even does all the things the original game did yet, but maybe some day it'll do more. Some day...

Attached: Gt+giant+flying+shrimp+thingies+_39a5e52d721f837ded03601a502e5485.jpg (250x205, 25K)

they love the jank

Never played Skyrim. I may buy it just to try this shit

>he gets outwitted by an old lady with alzheimer's

>kfejk

>edited and it's still WORDS WORDS WORDS too long

Minecraft

lol i always forget about trainers. deinitely gonna go train with an enchanter, then

>legitimate criticism
>Its either braindead easy because you exploit the fuck out of it or its the most annoying unfair busted piece of shit game ever
i dont exploit anything because that makes it less fun, and it's not unfair in any way as a result. what exactly is unfair, in your opinion?

Does anyone have tried to put some Morrowind maps in CS ?

Attached: 1565771106551m.jpg (1024x918, 107K)

bruh

>playing for the first time
>pick Redoran
>quest so far are boring as fuck
Did I pick the worse House?

Should've gone with the chad Telvanni and be levitating all over the place like an n'wah beholden to no fucks

No, the worst are Hlaalu scums.

Attached: 1554778061780.jpg (917x640, 53K)

Those quests are definitely more boring than others, but also Morrowind isn't about just consuming the quest content like the later games.
You should feel ok with just abandoning shit if it isn't benefitting you.

Then near the endgame when you're a flying/jumping/teleporting god-king, knocking out quests becomes doable in a fraction of the time.

Also I dont get why I need to do Casicus quest for info when people at the Ghostgate flat out tell you all about Dagoth and his house, plus you discover the cultist inside each city.
I was waiting for the option to tell him all about that yet the game force me to go to some ruins and exchange materials for info I already know

I really loved doing the Imperial Cult and Temple faction stuff in this game. The setup and everything behind the organised religions is super interesting. Might make another character and do one of them again now

Attached: 1548183286765.jpg (1600x900, 438K)

you dont need to go see Cassius to beat the main quest all you need to do is power up enough to beat vivec in 1v1 combat and you can go to the dwarf in Tel Aruhn and he will give you the tools needed to beat the game

Attached: 67bc84e72d7d6dcbb6017870593242ea.gif (250x188, 866K)

>should i be enchanting every uselss piece of clothing i find to level up enchanting?
You can get enchant experience just by using enchanted items. Also recharging them with soul gems. Just enchant something cheap with a cast-on-use restore fatigue effect and play with the numbers to make it as high as it goes without costing any more than 1 charge per cast. Then just throw it on a hotkey and spam it whenever you're traveling for the dual benefits of keeping your fatigue topped off and leveling the skill up. If you cast it every 10 seconds or so the passive recharge rate will keep pace and it'll never deplete. If I remember right it takes a few dozen "uses" to be equivalent to a single enchant or recharge but with the recharge rate of enchanted items being as fast as it is I found it leveled at a good pace with this method.

As for the limits, more high quality items will have better capacities than the stuff you're seeing now. Exquisite quality clothing and jewelry and Daedric armor are especially good for holding powerful enchants. In the end your enchants won't be as strong as the strongest spells you could manually cast at high magic levels, but they'll still be plenty strong enough for any practical use.

>near the endgame

Post more Chadgoth

There's only one Chadgoth.

Attached: 45081-2-1500823490.png (670x376, 139K)

Anyone got that modded Morrowind video with the argonian fucking arround showing some silly mods? I cant find it

Telvanni is the best for all the wizardry and its quirky characters and councilors, and the best rewards.
Hlaalu is pretty fun for all the backstabbing and politicking you get to do, and the comfiest stronghold.
Redoran is a house of honorable fighters in a game with boring combat, and they live in the goddamned ashlands.
These rankings are objectively and unanimously True.

kek

I know people shit on skyrim but going into an inn with it snowing outside is super comfy.

>Hey look that bard only knows the same 2 songs as all the other bards

Morrowind had factions that were HIDDEN. Without a guide you could play the entire game without ever getting into a vampire clan.

The modern games are too streamlined. There are no mysteries, nothing to discover. You can become leader of almost every group.

There's tons of hidden quests given by some npcs all over Vvardenfell nearly nobody ever did when you join the vampire faction.

Mystery in games is fucking dead. Everyone would rather datamine every bit of information and read a wiki when they get stuck.

never played an elder scrolls game
can you actually play daggerfall and morrowind without a guide and without lowering the difficulty?
i always see posts from people saying the game is bullshit and all the replies are "lool just do this and and this and this" but if you need to read forum posts to know what you're doing then what's the point?

When did they remove the skill checks for faction ranking in Elder Scrolls? Was that a mechanic in Oblivion?

You definitely can but especially for first time players having a decent starting build will help you if you're easily frustrated.

don't think so, though oblivion at least had you do some traveling for things like the mages guild.
skyrims mage guild felt... really short.

user who is playing the game for the first time: yes you can. Only annoying factor is going to lil towns out of the way for some quest but you got recall for such problems. Walking arround is not that bad like most people tell you. You will get lost at the star but its easy to pick up and do what they ask you

based

i see

>can you actually play daggerfall and morrowind without a guide and without lowering the difficulty?
Yes to both. They're pretty intuitive games at the core. You go around doing stuff and your character gets better at the stuff you do. It's common to reroll your first character or two as you learn what skills appeal to you most, since they make you lock in your class before you get to try any of them out, but other than that there's not much I can think of that you would need a guide for that could roadblock your gameplay.

Well there is one I can think of: make sure you have some +magicka if you want to be a mage.
In Daggerfall you get it from the Increased Magery advantage and in Morrowind you can get it from the Mage, Apprentice, or Atronach brithsign and/or the Breton or High Elf races.
That always seemed pretty obvious to me but I've seen people not even notice the whole right side of the screen in Daggerfall's character creator and then wonder why they don't even have enough mana to cast the beginner spells they started the game with despite picking a bunch of magic skills and giving themselves high INT.

I have a feeling that you and I are about to become Very Close.

Attached: 1562557774903.jpg (800x2335, 504K)

the only thing that fucked me up the first time playing morrowind was that AGI governs your chance to hit with a weapon, and your ability to dodge. i didnt put any points in, and got my ass handed to me constantly

Attached: Morrowind.webm (854x478, 2.86M)

>tfw poverty

Attached: bolączka biedaka.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Attached: morrowind combat.png (1546x667, 825K)

"Eat a LITTLE and your energy will come back!"

>Eat 9 loaves of bread
>Eat 5 piles of crab meat
>Eat 7 eggs

It's almost as if the game recognized that you can only get so much energy from stuffing your face

thanks, that's useful to know

>it's common to reroll your character
that's what im put off by, i dont want to have to ditch a save 5 hours in because i didnt understand what wasnt immediately obvious to me

In Morrowind, you can use trainers and leveling and using powerful gear to get to the end with a less than ideal character. I think Daggerfall and Arena are the only ones you need to worry about a really shitty building being almost unusable.

someone with low alchemy skill will get the same result, what are you talking about?

a mortar and pestle can be bought at arrille.
and fatigue scrolls too.
as advice, peoples also tell you not to run in ew areas, because it's dangerous. If you tire yourself out, you're the only one to blame

what are you talking about? at 100, 3 to 6 hits will stunlock mostly anyone

Magic sucks. Enchanting pretty much is the real magic system. Which non mages use just as well.

needs knife ears on Willie

Skyrim is better than Oblivion, you can at least be 100% sure of that. Oblivion has a few excellent quests but gameplay and world design suck and the former won't make up for it, whereas Skyrim actually has a meaningful amount of lore.

YOU'RE BEATEN

Imperials got a surprising amount of love in Morrowind that i've missed ever since. I loved how they wasted no opportunity to show how much fucking disdain they had for the Dunmer bullshit.

>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss

>equips Ring of the Wind behind you
nothing personnel n'wah

>Solstheim

Attached: 7e6.jpg (307x221, 10K)

Attached: file.png (742x1060, 948K)

ARGONIANS ARE PROPERTY

Attached: iwasgodonce.png (468x700, 603K)

Attached: file.png (1168x1064, 821K)

In the name of jobasha, die.

>Skyrim is better than Oblivion
In terms of graphics and being less janky overall yes BUT they devolved the dungeons and quests so hard

Oblivions' dungeons were absolute garbage and Skyrim's are unequivocally better. They were monotonous and had ugly boring tile sets, Skyrim's were shorter but they contained far more detailed and recognizable spaces that contextualized the game better, between ancient nord, dwemer, imperial and falmer you at least knew what places were supposed to be and they looked like temples, burials, hideouts, laboratories or fortresses. Oblivion used the same ayleid corridors and mines for everything, there was no sense of historicity to Cyrodil, or purpose to any location. It all blurred together. Even Oblivion's towers were exactly the fucking same, there were no new or unique things.

Attached: 1567081858210.png (814x779, 648K)

Cursed image

By the nine, do I love this mask.

Some oblivion dungeon were garbage.
Most were samey.
Allmost all the quests were better than skyrim's but the main quest.

And in both case, there is no reason for bandit to attack us. Armed as we are, we're a potential client, not a prey.

>479123710
>Allmost all the quests were better than skyrim's but the main quest.

The Daedric princes had interesting quests in Skyrim whereas a lot were simple fetch quests in Oblivion. Most of Oblivions' good quests weren't really lore-related, they were more normal human shenanigans.

>imagine unironically believing this
>go in straight line
>go out secret back door
>congrats player we wouldn't want you to ya know actually explore and find your way around.

I will take those actual dungeon feeling dungeons over skyrims brain melting super duper normiefried garbage any day

>implying Oblivion's dungeons didn't have so little going on you were walking in a straight line to the objective too, just with empty space instead of designed elements at the sides

>designed elements at the sides
what in the fuck does this even mean?

actual fucking props, tiles and items, like a tomb with actual burials in it, a temple with religious shit in it, a fort with barracks and supply depots, ANYTHING. Can you tell me what 99% of Ayleid locations were supposed to be, functionally?

Which is what I'd want more of.
WHo care about dragon?
Take this rat in a bag a go ruin this faggot farm, I hate his kids.

Like wise with draugr dungeon, necropolis do not look like this.
Most mines are nonsensical, except for the one in soltheim.
Going freom one game to the next, they did not learn enough.

So let me get this straight because a bunch of places in oblivion were ayleid its bad but when everything in skyrim is yet another dragur den that ends up in blackreach its a masterpiece? There were shit loads of forts and caverns with baracks and other hidden shit your just being a disingenuous nigger so you can go OLD GAME BAD

nonsensical is a step above downright ommited

No, because fucking Morrowind did it better, sixth house hideouts had tons of details and little tells of rituals and their activities, Dunmer burials had their own architecture and patterns and made sense, Dwemer halls had their clusterfucky arrangements and machinery working everywhere, and the regular caves and mines still looked like they were for SOMETHING. If the Mythic Dawn had been given even a fraction of the love the sixth house did they would have been a great, memorable enemy.

Oblivion stands out due to how bland it's world building is on all sides, outside cities the world has nothing but the same mines, the same ayleid ruins, the same ruined fort and the same oblivion gates, and they're all empty and aren't meant to really represent anything other than being dungeons. The games should include visual storytelling, and while Morrowind taught a lot about dwemer and dunmer, and skyrim a lot about nords, oblivion taught nothing about the ayleids, nedes, akaviri or imperials that made the things laying around just about everywhere.

>You should eat a little food
>downs a fridge full of eggs and crab

you realize eating one thing activates a small regen effect and it doesn't stack.
So you wasted all but one of those eggs.

We're comparing oblivion to skyrim.
Bringing morrowind to win the argument is in bad faith.
Morrowind was a labor of love and the last line before homelessness.

This complaint is completely justified. It's ridiculous that you have to be an experienced alchemist to gain energy from eating a fucking loaf of bread.

Attached: morrowind debunked.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

Not him, but he's making a reasonable comparison between Skyrim and Morrowind and contrasting the two with Oblivion. Nothing bad faith in that

reminder that dagoth ur did nothing wrong and the tribunal got away with everything

Attached: 5f43218010aace9022cb49aecd1167c6.jpg (564x423, 32K)

kek

BUT I NEVER HIT REEEEEEEEE

Debate THIS!

Attached: 1568322617061.jpg (1823x6451, 2.17M)

Raw plants failing to produce their potential medicinal effects or having a much weaker version kind of makes sense, but heavy metals and glass failing to cause negative ones makes no sense at all. Certainly bread "failing" at its only possible effect of restoring your energy makes no sense at all.

I assume they just didn't have the time to polish it, since they would have to give every item its own chance of effects or at least broadly group them. Development was fairly troubled from what I understand, and I appreciate that more time was spend on the map and quests instead. More simulation would be great, but I'm happy without it.

Skyrim is closer to Morrowind than Oblivion was, as far as actually designing a good world. It was definitely inferior but still more of an attempt that what preceeded it.

I am never, ever going to let go of how much Oblivion cheated me out of interesting things. Fuck the whole endless jungle and rice based economy, the craddle of human civilization, with Ehlnofey, Ayleid, Nedic, Alessian, Akaviri and Nordic influence, literally hundreds of layers of history and mixing cultures and all i got was this faggot corridor over and over.

Attached: 15-14-trollz.jpg (800x600, 79K)

>Dwarves are Dwarven Metal
That actually makes way too much sense. That would explain why after they became their creation their metal defenses still work, never rusting or degrading. It would also explain why Dwarven metal cannot be recreated or harvest from the earth.

Attached: 1516725806817.jpg (1024x614, 104K)

>Fuck the whole endless jungle and rice based economy, the craddle of human civilization, with Ehlnofey, Ayleid, Nedic, Alessian, Akaviri and Nordic influence, literally hundreds of layers of history and mixing cultures and all i got was this faggot corridor over and over
I agree on this. I was heavily disappointed, amost as much as when they decided to gatekeep shouting.
Children of the sky promised me a very different skyrim.

based retard

Attached: file.png (549x310, 26K)

So the spider....

Fucking state of morrowkike fags.

>479130638
you

post Nerevars and imposters

Attached: MGE Screenshot 006.png (1600x900, 3.12M)

The fuck are those graphics.

I fucking hate that red UI overhaul and the fact that every mod list recommends it.

can't wait to beat most of the content of morrowind and its expansions and then move on to Cyrodiil in whatever the huge landmass mod is i cant remember the name of. its based on the lore, unlike oblivion

>not having a 12 gauge for cliff racer hunting

Attached: defend this morrowfags.webm (1980x1114, 1.42M)

hey bro turn down the sharpening filters you just cut my retinas

Damn, where's the "Vivec fucking murders you if you attack a shopkeep" mod?

The Ending of the Words is URAFAGET

Are you pretending this is real?
Why didn't you mod in an enemy that wasn't god to put inside a mundane shop?

I'm pretty sure that's just a joke you goober.

>he doesn't know

Vivec hates shoplifters, go read his sermons you heathen.

YEAH BRO
MORE LEVELED LOOT
MORE LEVELED DUNGEONS
CHALLENGE IS EVERYTHING BEING A PINATA MADE OUT OF BRICKS BROOOO

Hey man, that guy posted a webm of a spell with 0% chance to succeed failing repeatedly to say morrowind was busted. You never know these days.
You right.

If you hold down your attack for a little before swinging your weapon you do more damage, cause stagger and I think even hit more often.

holy shit you can't eat food to get stamina back like the guy said unless you're an alchemist? wtf ENTIRE game is trash because of this 1 detail. there is literally nothing that could possibly redeem the game because I can't eat food to get stamina back unless I'm an alchemist. what a terrible game.

>dwarf fortress level simulation
t. has never played dwarf fortress

>Unarmoured, light armor, armourer is just weird to be major skills together

again its ok when skyrim gave you the same corridor becasue it had nordic influence but its shit in oblivion?

no, it's shit because Oblivion had NOTHING AT ALL. There wasn't even the failed effort.

It's the exact same shit. Skyrim is 90% crypts with draugr waking up from divots in the walls and lanterns placed over puddles of oil

are you supposed to be able to read banners and signs(roadmarkers work fine) in morrowind, or was that a mod i somehow replaced/fucked up(and if so, what mod?)? annoys the shit out of me that i cant walk up to a sign and identify its accompanying building without inspecting the door itself

And Oblivion had... nothing.

not to mention thats fixed in teh code patch, the single thing that is deemed absolutely necessary by anyone thats ever played the game

Why does Oblivion get so much hate?

Oblivion had zombies and ghosts immune to many forms of damage stuffed into ruins with the occasional spike trap.
They're both shit. Oblivion being shit doesn't make Skyrim less shit. If anything you could argue Skyrim is even more shit for their inability to improve over their blunder, instead opting to make things even more simple and literally every dungeon being a loop.
You can even see the final room in most dungeons because the "secret door" is painfully obvious.

Because it's the worst out of the three Elder Scrolls games that most people have actually played

the game aged very badly, and still had a ton of problems on release. it's rare to find someone that likes the game that isn't because of nostalgia or because they don't take the game seriously and just laugh at it.

Games don't age. If it's bad now, it was probably bad at the start, unless updates have made it worse.

selective memory

Attached: 1UGTp_gckMFSg0TxzidG_JXNz7Dsi2QJiM-YGe_RMLE.jpg (576x768, 63K)

it's both the most unstable and unoptimized game, and it has the most fucked up balancing

depends on who you ask, really. some people would glance over or enjoy mechanics of certain games when they came out, but 10 or so years later those same mechanics might feel dated or outdone by newer titles. Like playing the first uncharted vs the 4th.

The only thing holding the attack button does is raise damage. However it's linear and there's no random variance in the damage calculation. When a weapon says it does "X-Y" damage, that means it does X damage if you click to attack, and Y damage if you fully "charge" your attack. More damage means a higher chance to stagger or knock down your opponent though.
So for example if you have a 20-20 weapon attack, then mashing attack is just as much damage per hit (and thus higher DPS) than holding your attacks down fully.
If you have a 1-50 weapon, then clicking to attack gives you 1 weapon damage, holding it down halfway gives you 25, and holding it fully gives you 50.

I say this all the time, that's people's opinions and tastes changing.
Games themselves don't change at all unless it's updated, which would be more artificial aging than anything.

>Oblivion being shit doesn't make Skyrim less shit. If anything you could argue Skyrim is even more shit for their inability to improve over their blunder, instead opting to make things even more simple and literally every dungeon being a loop.

Except they did, because Skyrim dungeons are small but they have stuff in them, even unique stuff often. You know what else was small? Morrowind dunmer tombs. And the Daedric crypts. Not all dungeons were Arkngthand, but the fact that they were easily distinguishable and offered something unique mattered more than how long it took to wander around in them.

That depends on the mechanic. As an example if Oblivion had only had 1 type of power attack instead of 8 and then Skyrim came along with the directional power attacks thing. Then you could say Oblivion's melee combat aged poorly. However since its successor downgraded the combat (your power attacks now no longer change and get auxiliary effects as you get more skilled so you actually have "less" attacks) you can't really say it didn't age well. It was just shit from the beginning because enemies were damage sponges.

It removed fun shit like spears and levitation without adding anything new. Spells were a chore to map or scroll through. Areas throughout the game were bland copy/paste. I think the worst was the level scaling, where basic encounters at level 20 basically played the same as they did at level 3. I seem to recall the Dark Brotherhood quests being pretty fun, but that was about it.

>Skyrim dungeons are small but they have stuff in them, even unique stuff often
You mean the ones used for quests? Because every other dungeon not tied to a quest contained random enchanted gear suitable to your level.

Almost no Skyrim dungeons offered unique loot, unlike Morrowind where most dungeons at least had a skill book or something in them that wasn't in a leveled list that made it worth it to explore.

Morrowind isn’t a good game. Trash movement system early on which makes everything a bog. Garbage, simplistic combat that is extremely easy to abuse. NPCs don’t feel like real characters, 90% of them have the same lines and talk like Wikipedia pages. In the edition with the expansions you can find any relic in the game and bring it to the museum for pretty much more gold than you’ll ever need in the entire game. Some of the quests, especially for telvani, are cool and unique but most of them are incredibly boring “go here and kill x” or “gather x and bring it to me”. Also it pisses me off that when you become a guild leader none of the NPCs even recognize you as the leader and you don’t get any rewards or perks for being highest rank in the guild, that shit is retarded. And call me a casual I don’t give a fuck, but whoever decided that running should drain stamina deserves the death penalty, Morrowind is unplayable without mods that let you run without draining stamina, fuck walking everywhere that shit makes me went to die

dungeons aren't reduced to the loot they contain, the loot is the least important, the location itself should look good, and be interesting to move through.

Imagine being in the afterlife enjoying yourself after a long succesfull life only for your shithead grandson to keep summoning you every time there's a slightly threatening enemy

So which one did i give Fargoth's ring to?

Must be you, i've enjoyed their quests so far although that might just be because i love exploring every dungeon i come across, hell i spent an hour just running around solstheim because i love snow and winter themes

It dumbed down literally everything from Morrowind
>action combat; except it's so piss fucking easy that you don't need any of the mechanics and the optimal solution is always to just mash attack 90% of the time so it just feels the same as Morrowind but fights take longer because 100% hit rate means everything you do does less damage
>removed dozens of spell effects including some extremely useful ones like levitation and slowfall
>locked enchanting and spellmaking behind a tedious quest chain or paid DLC
>spells generally made shittier due to 100% casting chance meaning you had to cart around 300 pounds of welkynd stones and magicka potions to play a mage and optimal destruction magic use was autistically casting a bunch of prep debuffs followed by a weak destruction spell making high level spells generally useless (especially crafted ones which had nearly twice the magicka cost of default spells)
>sneaking is overpowered especially with how easy it is to get 100% chameleon
>Oblivion Gates were extremely uninteresting
>level scaling literally ruined all sense of exploration or discovery; even unique items didn't feel like a reward at all because they were all level scaled
>several skills were pruned or merged that shouldn't have been (spears, long/short blade, axe/blunt)
>several skills still had the exact same issues they had in morrowind; hand-to-hand was still utterly useless even at absurdly high values, mercantile was still impossible to level effectively and did very little
>several skills had new issues introduced that made them useless; security and speechcraft now did absolutely nothing except make enemies stronger when you level it too much as every lock could easily be picked with a single lockpick at level 1 security and speechcraft was reduced to a minigame that you can't fail
>removal of playable spell effects exacerbated this as many schools of magic now had virtually no spells to their name (Mysticism pretty much only had soul trap)

I love Morrowind but its deeply flawed in a lot of ways. The balancing is way off and leveling feels silly with the picking three attributes that are multiplied. Actually being a mage is pure trash so every character ends up being an armor clad badass with enchantments up his ass to become a god. The combat is also very bad.

Still, the music and immersion are enough to make me love it. And I actually love the slow movement, low hit chance, slow growth stuff. Helps make the transition to power feel good.

Attached: 1382592206401.jpg (1024x633, 229K)

you can put dwarven metal parts in a smelter and get ingots though, but i assume you meant the metal itself from ores

>quests no longer have stat or skill requirements; can be archmage with 1 int and no spells learned besides the defaults and no magic skills leveled, can be grand champion of the arena at level 3 with a rusty iron dagger
>can be master of every guild on one character killing replay value completely
>attribute balance was made worse; luck now does basically nothing due to removal of RNG from most calculations and does literal nothing but buff a useless DLC weapon if your skills are maxed out; agility now does absolutely nothing for characters who don't use bows
>caps on skill/stat effectiveness mean fortify effects are useless for high level characters
>removal of several different weapon types making shit just blade, blunt, bows. No throwing weapons, no spears, no weapon staves
>removal of different enchantment types. Cast on use enchantments are staffs only and non playable, cast on strikes are the only enchantment type available for weapons, constant effect are the only enchantment type available for gear
>environments are all samey, literally all of them are just the same forest aside from the snowy mountain area
>skill perk system was a neat idea but handled poorly as many skills had completely useless or redundant perks
>level scaling could make it impossible to finish the main quest without cheating or abusing exploits

No he means the lore and not Skyrim's shitty gameplay features that make no sense

>It dumbed down literally everything from Morrowind

What about Skyrim?

>90% of them have the same lines and talk like Wikipedia pages
for someone new, i could see this being a complaint when you're used to skyrim or really most modern RPGs. but it only takes a few hours to realize that you shouldnt just click all the dialogue options to "exhaust" them in morrowind. theyre there for information you're legitimately interested in; be it directions, lore, general info you dont know, and quest-related information. no shit that asking about the same topic results in the same information 90% of the time

How much dumbing down is good? like i see even the most dedicated morrowind fans say certain mechanics are crap and flat out outdated, at what level would you say could Elder Scrolls be marketed towards both the Daggerfall/Morrowind market while also not being too difficult for more casual fans to get into

Dumbed down some things from Oblivion

3 years since I last played and still stuck in Sotha Sil.

Attached: 20190924002453_1.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

>Actually being a mage is pure trash
imo, teh mod to give 1/4% per second magicka regen is pretty balanced. mage is pretty sweet with that addition

>Yes, you took the false sunder. How could you not tell?

Other than enchanting constant effect items which is obviously strong, higher level enchanting increases the rate at which cast-on-use recharges AND reduces the cost per cast. If you go over 100 enchanting (like by making a +constant item) all cast-on-use drop to 1 cost. Basically max enchanting makes it so you can cast anything instantly unlimited times.

Spot on user, saved for later

But 3 hits of anything else at 100 will kill them.

Its a great thing for a party member in tes3mp tho. Keep enemies stunned at low levels while your barb wails on them or you magic caster nukes while they sleep.

Literally the same in Russia.

There weren't many games in poland back then.
When someone got a game he liked, others borrowed it and copied the cd.
It was mostly random if a game got popular or not.

Attached: 1433824757457310130.png (532x523, 13K)

Lmao, if you sleep in the bottom bunk bed in the Balmora's fighters guild there's a 90% chance he'll spawn stuck inside the bed. Shit's hilarious until he suddenly disappeares and stabs you in the back.

test

post game is about making low cost jump spells and slowfall amulets to glide around the map and sprucing up your solstheim riverside house.

Also governs how easily you get knocked down when hit.

It's impossible to make a char in Morrowind that cannot be salvaged. Just keep laying and play around with different mechanics.

I lost momentum after meeting with Vivec and stopped playing. Now after finishing a different game I think its time I got on with this

So true. Every time I saw offerings left in a tomb in Morrowind it subtly makes me think of local customs. Same thing applies to hundreds if not thousands of little details.

Oblivion was missing most of that. Oblivion's charm came from comfy settings and music and a few good quests.

Skyrim tried to bring back some of those touches (like shrines around the wilderness with items by them), but the developers missed the point so Skyrim's feel like they were placed for gameplay purposes rather than lore (ie. "let's put boots by this shrine so the player can find loot here" vs. "lets put a bowl with ash salts by this grave to represent local rituals of ancestor worship").