Would you take the Epic deal?

Would you take the Epic deal?

Acclaimed indie dev Nifflas would.

Attached: nifflas epic deal.png (602x658, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cennxx/status/1128408696139198464
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176105247506386945
twitter.com/ScopesUncharted/status/1176106569022476289
newsroom.2k.com/news/borderlandsr-3-redefines-mayhem-establishes-franchise-as-billion-dollar-global-brand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who?

Have I already announced to release it on steam?
If not, fuck it. Give me that sweet chinamoney.

Always go for the money.

>Nifflas
He made Knytt, you coomer.

Who? And no. There's selling out and there's being a slave to china.

We complain about epic around here but the truth is, if you're reading this and you're a dev: always go for the money.

Gamers deserve nothing.
Not Yea Forums (obviously, look at these subhumans), and not anyone outside Yea Forums.
ALWAYS take the money.
When it comes down to it, make a profit, any "reputation" isn't worth it, one mistake will undo years of you having a "reputation" by either side.
So fuck it.
Think about yourself, think about having bread on your table consistently.
Always go for the money, fuck everyone involved in this industry but yourself.
We'll call you a jew but deep down you're doing the right thing.

Attached: 1308961984015.png (500x500, 95K)

>make shitty indie game no one knows about
>no money for advertising and the game isn't good enough to gain exposure
>make a twitter poll about a controversial subject for free exposure and attention
OP might not be a shill but the guy on twitter is

Go for money. Apologize to my community for it, and explain why I did it. Instead of chastising them

Sure would
Fuck Valve for bullying adult game devs
I'd still release it on Steam 1 year later though

Hot potato time! You're shitposting on Yea Forums in order to get (You)s, Epic is the new hotness when it comes to bait. Do you use it? (note that I'm just asking for fun, I'm not in this situation)

[ ] I'm a twitterscreencap poster, yep!
[ ] I'm a twitterscreencap poster, nope!
[ ] I make my own bait, yep!
[ ] I make my own bait, nope!

>30m long pixelshit platformer with programmer art
Yeah, in his situation I'd take the epic deal as well.

Nifflas made games during a time when indie games were passion projects and free, retard.

/thread

Full disclosure, of course I'd use Epic to bait people in a heartbeat.

Dumb nigger. Any dev who doesn't respond to an epic deal with making their own launcher is a cuck.

I need all the details of the deal and way more information like how much I could expect from steam. This shit isn't a charity lol.

im a dev, yes

If their offer looks better than my expected multi-vendor launch sales, then I take it.

Who did what?
Bloody hipsters

>Do you want free money? Yes or no?
Wow. What a fucking hard question.

I've been here too long. What's next, will people forget who J.Blow is? Or Pixel?

what the fuck are these indie games lmao how the fuck do they even make any money who buys this shit

Attached: 625ec6519ff25f08b7904427806be717bad6c6af.png (900x1000, 955K)

Take the money then use it to fund your next project

And so on

Its an easy decision, not that I care since I dont buy indie shit, specially low effort platformers

s(ixth)pbp

I feel you, user.

Who and who?

You know the best part of all the replies to him? Those are all indie devs who are to shit at making games that will never get poached by Epic in the first place.

I really can't blame smaller indie developers for taking it. It's shitty and I don't like it but being a starving artist with integrity gets old when you can't keep the lights on.

Nah.

It's the same indie devs who keep whining on twitter about how Steam is unfair and how their games get burried with all the other trash being release daily.

I would feel nauseated from breaking bread with someone with such a punchable face like tim sweeney
But hey it would be zero effort cash

twitter.com/cennxx/status/1128408696139198464

lmao indieshitters just salty af
here are real indie chads DABBING on the average shovelware shitter

Relatively successful developer here.
No

>Waaa why my platformer isnt catching the eye of someone amidst 45 other platformers just on page 1?

>"reputation" isn't worth it, one mistake will undo years of you having a "reputation" by either side.
you are a fucking moron,if you think that,
If you have fans you make a mistake then fix it when they complain you get even more rep then you would if you didnt make a mistake at all.
thinking about short time profits and not planing for the future is a basic mistake,
Yea sure epic will give you 10k for you pixel idie plaformer sure you will get few more k's from sales. but what about when the money runs out and noone will give your new kickstarter project anymore bucks since you stab your fans int he back last time ?

Show game.

no (also games)

Yes, exactly.

Release on every platform possible, have a DRM free version on own website or GOG or something. Even provide a safe version for pirates.

>people actually still jerking off Knytt
Oh sod it you tards. If that garbage came out today, it would rightfully not be noticed.

1/3 user
Pixels the only indie dev I recognize

Lol.

I'd never take any kind of exclusivity deal with any store, especially Epic. And if I were, it would be with Gog above all else in order to build a good reputation as someone that doesn't try to fuck people over. A reputation is worth a lot as a dev now, especially if you care about the long term.

The deal worked out pretty well for those farm games and Borderlands 3.
It’s very clear that most people aren’t fanboys and don’t care about installing a second launcher since installing it is free.

Unbased retard.

>All these zoomers who have never played Knytt Stories.
I feel sorry for them. They will never experience the fun of going onto the Knytt Stories website each day and playing the new levels that other players have created.

Attached: 1472518425_f8393fe578.jpg (500x198, 20K)

No way, I'm lucid enough to know that if I was making a small time indie game to try and crack the industry, the exposure from multiple stores would be more beneficial than the meager sum they'd be willing to pay me. Also I'd value the idea of people playing something I made as much as the money.

>If you have fans
A fanbase is worthless these days.
Get with the times.
All it takes is for someone to even make up shit about you on twitter for you to get canceled and your games to sell like shit from that point onward, assuming you even find people that still want to work with you.
Keep up, gramps.

Oh im aure that in the long term epic will remain around
I will just keep pirating their games, saves me a lot of money

What is wrong with it, gamers get a free game and I get guaranteed money.

I'm a dev. Nope.
I like games and I don't want to use EGS.

Millenial here
Never even heard of your hipster shit

But after you spend all of Tim's China money on a month's rent in san fran nobody wants to buy your game because it's on a shit platform.

But I want my games to be liked. I'm creating it to let others enjoy it, not because I need money.

Show game.

How old are you?

This
The chad game developer is a wagie who programs on the side whenever he has free time
These san francisco rich kids who do nothing but develop games hoping to make a break through are all sellouts

Would I sell out? Of course I would. If I was a video game dev I wouldn't have any morals, standards or obligations and if I could pawn off my shitty abortion to the Swine and his chink store for several millions instantly, OBVIOUSLY I'd go for it!

>But I want my games to be liked.
Imagine judging a game for the platform it's available in, and not for the actual fucking game's content

god that looks like fucking GARBAGE look at those fucking mixels DISGUSTING

This. Anyone with sense makes games for themselves, either for money or because they want to make video games.

Why wouldn't you at this point? Isn't Borderlands 3 selling like fucking crazy? People love to complain on the internet but if a game they want comes out they're going to buy it anyway. Same as people that cried about microtransactions that also bought horse armor day 1

Attached: muh boycott.jpg (783x656, 78K)

No. I won't let you steal my ideas.

Knytt was one of the first indie cucks that won the Greenlight lottery and he's just mad that muh greenlight doesn't exist anymore and now he actually has to compete with people.

Why do people feel rewarded for being ignorant cunts nowadays?
Just use a search engine if you don't know who Nifflas is.

I wouldn't take the money if I was alone, but it becomes more complicated once you have a team. Not just from a financial point of view, but also the relation you have with your employees will quickly deteriorate if you can't pay them in time.

Lol.

Correct.
Imagine for 5 seconds not taking the SURE FIRE LUMP SUM payment and gambling the success of your game on if someone virals a video of a bug or a real cool emergent gameplay mechanic.
Then imagine if someone viraled a video of a somewhat left leaning opinion being held by literally any character and suddenly you've "cucked to sjws" or some equally gay shit and now you just get emails from kids bragging about pirating your game.
Fuck that, fuck "gamers", cash is king

your games are shit, kill yourself

Take all these exclusivity deals as a sign. These devs do not care about the average pc player that has bought their game in the past and brought them to where they are. They don't care about the consumer, their rights, anything. The only care about their bottom-line.

There is absolutely no difference between EA or Activision and these devs. They are as sleezy as they come. They don't stand with the players, but with the publishers, despite being "Indie". At the first sight of money, they run into the hands of the corrupt.

Attached: 1522011529742.jpg (450x511, 42K)

OH NO twitterfags who arent even playing games in the first place wont buy my games whata fucking tragedy.
Cancel culture only works if you were making games to appeal to those reatrds in the first place. Getting canceled is such a joke that e-celebs starting canceling themselfs for fun.

Honestly, yeah. Developers don't owe it to their customers to make their game at all, let alone put it on any particular store, and it would be hypocritical to not use Epic because I think it's bad for consumers while also demand developers not use Epic despite it being good for them. We'll each do what's best for us and market forces will sort it out one way or another. Besides, I'm pretty sure the money Epic gives you is more than the sales you lose from people refusing to buy your game when it comes out on Steam later on principle.

If Epic gave me 10 million yea

Imagine having no confidence in your work that you trade your reputation for cash. The better long term solution is to continue putting out good games without compromises. The only people who would take the deal are the ones that don't plan on staying in the industry long to begin with, and those people do not deserve your loyalty.

Attached: 1391308768156.png (313x382, 133K)

>no confidence in your work
Let's see, I could either get tons of money AND the sales
OR just the sales.
Better just not swallow my pride because I think I owe something to third worlders and NEETs that think they're fighting a crusade (Protip, you're not)

Specially if your game is available on consoles. Those who don't play on PC don't give two fucks are this ridiculous skirmish between Gabedrones and a launcher.

Who cares about people "buying" the game? Epic already bought enough copies. Hell you should provide the pirate links personally after you take the Epic payout.

I see your point, but at the same time I can easily see myself taking the deal just so that I could have financial security for six months. It's hard having finances on your mind all the time, worried if you can eat and pay rent in the same month or not.

You're refusing to listen. Sales for one game is short term thinking. You should be thinking about how to make the most money over the course of your entire career, and selling out at the first opportunity stunts your career.

No because I'm not a dumbfuck dev who moves to an overpriced shithole in the west coast to make games.

Here's a tip: Live frugal.

And now imagine indie devs being so overconfident in their trash that they keep asking upwards of 40 dollars for their dumpster fire. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine it, that's reality already and everyone laughs at them.

>But I want my games to be liked
You've already failed.
You should make a game that YOU like, not something some faggot on the internet will like.

Im curious to know how the contract even works. Is it exclusivity for that one game? Do the demand ANY game you make is exclusive? Would be funny to see a dev make two versions of the same game with enough differences to warrant a RED/BLUE kinda dynamic and not tell epic about the second one. Then release it on steam.
I imagine the fine print has protections for that, but would be hilarious.

I'd take the money and then spend the year fixing bugs(epic gets no bug fixes. I never promised that) so the steam release is perfect.

Absolutely, there is nothing wrong with taking the money, if you own up to it and accept the fact that you're subscribing to anti-consumer business practices. My qualm with all of this is the lies surrounding each deal. People trying to argue that EGS is equal to Steam in features and such at this stage in the game are, in my opinion, just argueing in bad faith.

All you need is one good payment and you're set for life, look at Notch

based

>Hell you should provide the pirate links personally after you take the Epic payout.
This is only good way of taking the deal but before anyone can download force them to send email to Tim thanking him for paying for your copy

And people who are willing to cut and run are not worth supporting because they clearly only care about the money and not about making good games. See how everything I said is all-encompassing? See how it's all consistent?

On that I totally agree with you.

>Hey guys! Just wanted you to know that I'm taking Epic's fat stacks of cash, just as insurance if the game doesn't do well. Not to imply that I do not have full confidence in my game, of course! H-hehe...

If you do not have confidence in your product, it's retarded to expect that the consumer will.

But Notch is rich tho
You're going off on a tangent because you're a dumb gamer

>Specially if your game is available on consoles.
Ding ding ding.
Hey Yea Forums, you know what's another platform that is making a KILLING when it comes to indies?
That is getting almost ALL of the indies and most of the time they have additional content or are otherwise improved (unless you use Unreal Engine then you're sorta fucked)?
The Switch.

Devs are taking the Epic deal because later they'll re-release or port their games on the Switch and make a quadrillion cash dollar, especially if it's not resource intensive and 2D based, like a lot of indies do.

Lots of brainlet takes in this thread but THIS guy right here, this guy knows what's up.

Attached: switch.jpg (1500x1500, 116K)

Here's the kicker. Yes you 100% accept it.

But don't try to bullshit people into thinking that you accepted it because of their 12% cut or because you think Steam is somehow a monopoly or because you think Epic is somehow the savior of the industry or because you think they're the best service customers can be satisfied with or because you think your game is somehow this grand achievement that deserves sales. You accepted it because they gave you money. Nothing more; nothing less. Own up to it.

literally fucking who

You're retarded. The Switch indie golden age is over, it's fucking flooded with trash now. The only thing missing from it becoming Steam-tier are all the hentai puzzle shovelware games.

One small betrayal at a time, we go on our merry way towards hell on earth.

>There is absolutely no difference between EA or Activision and these devs
At least those companies don't pretend to be scruffy underdogs trying to fight "the man" and I can respect them for that more than some snarky millennial trying to be cool on Twitter.

Yeah but you can't know for sure can you? Either way it's a gamble. And while you might believe your game is the bomb, working on something for 3+ years is bound to have created a lot of emotions. Especially around release you'd be surprised how much doubt can creep in at the last second. A bit of security at that point might be extremely reassuring you know? Not saying it's the right choice necessarily, but it's not as simple as saying you have NO confidence in your work.

I like my games. And I want my games to be liked by others.

You act as if normalfags give a shit about any of this. Games aren't niche anymore. Devs are going to follow the money. Normalfags will eat up anything twitter/reddit tell them to. By the time a dev shits out their next title, nobody will remember or care that they went for the sellout.
Honor isn't worth even a tenth of what you think it is.

>everyone will start making shitty indie games in hope that epic will pay them millions for exclusivity
this can't end well

Attached: 124124.jpg (125x103, 1K)

That's humans for you.

If your game is good it will inherently be liked by other people.
The two things are automatic.
What you actually mean to say is "i want to compromise my vision so that my game will sell to the masses".
And that's despicable.

>Thinking the average retard here has held a job for 3 years let alone made a passion project for that long.
They would NEVER understand, they look at the question and argue the point of view of the CONSUMER because they're incapable of thinking of a scenario that isn't their point of view.
Basically all the retards here are all "I'd give it away for free an b a hero!!!" because they're retarded NEETs and that's the situation that would benefit them, not the person being propositioned

I apologise, take the deal, and make sure to crack my own game on the side.
Tim paid for everyone's copy, after all.

Literally the ring of Gyges. Don't any of these retards read?

>implying Epic will give you exclusivity money if people don't even know your game exists
l m a o

I don't give a single flying rat fuck how confident the developer is. The game is good or it isn't. The fuck do I care if they got paid a billion dollars to jam the hard drive up their ass for a year?

If the creator doesn't think that his game is good enough to sell well, what kind of an image does that give the consumer about the game?

Has nothing to do with if it will sell well dipshit.
THEY STILL GET TO SELL IT AFTER TAKING THE MONEY
What is so fucking hard for you to understand

May as well im gonna torrent the shit anyway

"sweet" depends on the person

>Consumer perception has nothing to do with how well something will sell

Are you fucking retarded?

>if you're reading this and you're a dev: always go for the money.
Speaking as a consumer: Fine with me, I'll just pirate it instead of buying it off Steam.

This is what developers need to understand: Piss off consumers for a short-term gain? Gonna bite you in the ass long-term.

Honestly, that is how I'm viewing all no-dealfags. If you have a choice of just throwing you game on steam and hoping your game, that you invested numerous hours of you life on, sells well, or taking the assured 500k, you are retarded to not take the money.

wonder who could be behind this post

The average consumer doesn't give a shit if a dev gets kickbacks for selling to a different store.
That's like saying any 3rd party exclusive for any console didn't have confidence in their game which is fucking retarded

And what you need to understand is that you never mattered.
You were never in the equation to begin with.
Some faggot on Yea Forums taking a moral stance?
Don't make me laugh, nigga.

These are the same faggots that will find any excuse to pirate your game, even if it's the best goddamn game ever made.
1 wrongthink post 5 years ago that doesn't align with the /pol/ hivemind?
Bam, all of Yea Forums will pirate it.
Hell, all of Yea Forums will pirate it regardless, between third worlders that literally don't have the money, and people that straight up don't want to pay for video games in general.
So, why even remotely try to pander to you?
It makes no sense.
Always go for the money, fuck Yea Forumstards.

Attached: 1317887441111.png (629x368, 83K)

Yeah, the sooner you realize most of the "consensus" here comes from people that have little to no money or work experience the easier it is to swallow the absolutely retarded beliefs they have.

If I promised steam codes through a kick starter (even just promised at all in general that it would be on steam) or I really believe deeply in my game then no I reject epic. I don't want my game that I created with love to be marred within the community by an epic controversy. If I hadn't made any promises or I was forced to make significant changes, by say a publisher, and I'm not feeling like it's mine anymore then sure. Fuck it. Gimmer dem epic bucks.

Attached: 1554547859169.png (262x316, 78K)

of course, indie devs are in a precarious situation and any kind of security is welcome

Yeah, no one gives a shit about Epic's shenanigans. It's not like EGS has been featured in industry media pretty much since its conception, more often than not in controversial articles criticizing their aggressive push for anti-consumer practices. There's no backlash at all whenever a developer takes their deal, right?

Attached: tired.jpg (400x288, 26K)

It would depend on how well the sales of your game will do. If you have a shit selling title that you didn't market well or isn't liked when exposed to your average person then I would say use the epic money.
If you have a popular title coming out and want to capitalize upon it selling when exposed to many people then you would be mad to keep it exclusive to any online retailer. Unless epic becomes as widely used like steam is, then keeping it there and only there doesn't make sense in that scenario.
If epic ever does become on the same level as steam then these exclusivity deals will begin to dry up for the small devs. Get the money while you can I guess, otherwise you will have the some complaints that you hear about steam coming out: no one will buy my game because it gets lost in the clutter!

It's simple really.

>Did I prominently use Steam to build a community and hype for my game?
>I reject it.
>Did I not do that?
>I accept it.
Boom. What an easy decision.

Most normal people don't even care about any of that shit, any entry level PC user doesn't give a shit about the Steam/Epic bullshit, and most of the people involved are children and neckbeards with brand loyalty, trying to push this as some sort of holy war makes you look deranged dude.
ANYONE in this position would take the free money regardless of how good their game is, a bunch of fucking manchildren crying about Epic won't stop the world from gloating about it

Gamers have terrible memories. Go for the financially stable choice which is selling out to Tim and in 4 years when your next game is done they'll have mostly forgotten the exclusivity thing.

I get the sense a lot of these idiots have never held down a job, let alone had to pay monthly bills or a mortgage.

ITT: 400 lbs fedora wearing landwhales think their little armory will do anything to those exclusives

Newsflash; No one actually gives a shit. No one but permavirgins.
Everyone has been fine with exclusives for all of Gaming’s life. Even PC gamers thought this. Hell, you valve fanboys seem to be fine with exclusives when they are on Steam too.
Not to mention how people were willing to spend 300$ per machine, or how much a mac costs, just for 1 game.
Reality is that no one actually gives a shit about a free online store having exclusives.
Ooblets was a success
Borderlands 3 was a success
Metro was a success
Nearly every game released exclusively to EGS was a success
Your whining and crying about Epic is only going to hurt you more as you fail to cope with Steam getting any type of competitions and childishly refuse to use any other gamelauncher.
The sane adults have moved on from this dumb console war bullshit. You should do the same.

this just don't bait and switch people like a tard

>People are willing to take it in the ass as long as they get their entertainment

Why are you trying to paint this as something good? These retards that do not care about corporations metaphorically raping them are fucking things up for the rest of us.

This.
Also fuck gamers in general.
Gamers are a retarded, volatile, unreliable source of income even if you do everything right.
FUCK GAMERS.
Go for the cash.

Flood the market with pixel shit 2d platformers and undertale ripoffs and depression walking sims. People will begin to crave AAA titles again.
I wager the short lying man is at fault for this somehow.

Attached: todd 150.png (600x450, 232K)

All right you got me there. I just sometimes wish I could be wrong about this place you know?

>Thing I don't like is sodomy!
Keep going dude, really showing your point here, everyone is retarded but you and things you don't like are prison ass fuckings.

I absolutely loved nifflas' free games but the one he tried to sell on steam looked really horrid for some reason. has he actually made anything of note recently?

Attached: 1568870192813.gif (99x99, 207K)

You know, a lot of shittalk is aimed towards "gamers", but that coin has a flipside. Most (indie) devs are or have been "gamers" themselves. And while they criticize "gamers" for their immaturity and childish attitude, they display the exact same behavior. Everyone shits out a pixel art platformer or a walking simulator and expect to be the next Notch or Edmund McMillen. They act like the world has only waited for them to develop their turd, and they are entitled to money and fame and behave like fucking divas when they are being denied success.

I understand that a man's gotta eat, but taking Epic money is short-sighted. Not only do you enable shady business practices, which makes you look bad as a business man, you are also forgetting Epic might not be around for your next game, and suddenly you're relying on the goodwill of the people you pissed off earlier.

Something something that Steam group about boycotting that Call of Duty game. There's no fucking way the lost sales from people still mad enough a year later to not buy it on Steam either matches the amount of money Epic is offering, and even if it was close it's still for sure money now versus maybe money later. Not to mention the extra sales they're getting from the people who don't give a shit but discover the game through the controversy and the mongs actually taking the "Epic is saving the industry" bait.

Fuck people in general. You're a rube if you're not willing to pull this shit in any industry.

Let's be real here. The average indie dev makes absolute generic trash that Epic won't even bat an eye at.

So let's not fool anyone here. You game is fucking shit anyway.

It's a temporary exclusive.

I bet they're regretting turning down the Epic cash now

Attached: darq.png (759x537, 157K)

This was the only level worth playing

Attached: don_t_eat_the_mushroom_by_narutodude96_d47b0qb-fullview.jpg (900x359, 34K)

Indieshitters are entitled fuckwads who can't compete in this day and age. No. Just because you spent half a decade making some shit 2D platformer doesn't mean you deserve sales.

>implying knytt is on the level of braid or cave story

>Literally remove choice from the consumer
>Not a decidedly negative thing

Keep on sucking that corpo cock, user. Maybe they will remember you with a lootbox.

>fucking things up for the rest of us
Ain't fucking anything up for me, brah.

Still got all my good, old games, still fun as they always were, a library big enough to last me a lifetime.
Still find really good and fun indies here and there, i barely play them on PC anymore, i mostly play them on the Switch these days.
Still buy and enjoy some really good AA titles.
90% of all AAA is garbage, as usual, great for me, i save up a shit ton of money there.
What's not to like about this situation?
AAA keeps getting worse, and that's fine by me, AA is still around and mostly good, the indie scene is nice and healthy, there's tons of garbage but the genuinely good games always stand out from the crowd for the most part.

*siip*
ahhh
this is the life

Attached: 353l11.png (585x585, 164K)

Considering the dude is happily going to make more free content for his game? He probably is regretting it.

>I have promised steam keys to kickstarter/patreon/indiegogowhatever backers
No.
>I have not done this thing
Yes.

Depends how sweet the deal is, but probably. I don't give a fuck, both platforms are free to use, Epic has contributed a lot to video games and valve is scum who gave up releasing games. Fuck them both, I'll take whoever will pay me more.

loyalty to companies is retarded

within a deep forest is a masterpiece, way better than braid

Yep, more sexual innuendo to make up for your lack of actual arguments.
You're arguing a consumer point when the question is directed at the person making the game.
Keep showing everyone here how uneducated you are by prattling about something that doesn't matter.
Why should anyone care about the consumer getting assfucked when you're being compensated for your work fairly? Everything after that is completely moot

>It’s ok when valve does it though

>What you actually mean to say is
No I'm not.

Then don't buy the fucking game from Epic. It's not the developer's job to fight your battles for you.

this

You have to think that epic knows how to pick the winners. They aren't offering money to every dev that shits out a title. You also must consider what tethering yourself to one platform (or store front) will do to you as well.
There is a reason why there are no dedicated fruit of the loom clothing stores. Same for kind of mass produced good that is shotgunned across store fronts.
Sure take the money, but don't take it without thinking a year or so into the future.

Then make a good game.
If it's good it doesn't matter if it's on epic, on steam, on gog or whatever the fuck.
If it's good people will notice and play it.

Depends on my situation; basically I'd sell out, but I won't sell out others. So basically the opposite of the Ooblets devs and Deep Silver.

Remind me again, when was the last time Valve bribed a developer to not release their game on other platforms?

>do you want free money or not?
what a dumb question

and he's asking it to all the wrong people, those are no life indies that are DESPERATE for any bit of money because their trash doesn't sell
so of course they'd take it because they can't be bothered to actually make good games

And you're not entitled to my money.

Doesn't matter to me, because i will always get these indie shit games for free.

Attached: 1563486405363.jpg (256x192, 17K)

Wow, it's almost like you figured out why they take the money deal now, or do you still not fucking get it?

>reputation means nothing
>Kojima blunders with MGSV and nobody cares, still has many defenders
>Todd Howard gets laughs for joking about how shit his games are, massive hype still for TES6
>Massive amount of goodwill for developers of games like Minecraft, Terraria, Shovel Knight and Mount & Blade - they push back updates with skimp details yet all have massive followings based on past quality content
>Countless kickstarter projects made by old devs for games like Wasteland 2 and Phoenix Point - massively successful because of their reputations as developers
>whereas games like Borderlands 3 which take the epic deal have fucked over loyal fans (pathetic as that outrage is) and has certainly affected sales
Fine, make your "take the money and run" point, but don't pretend having a reputation that is shit doesn't mean anything.

yeah fuck those potential customers who might pay for my product.

why wouldn't I sell my soul to the Chinese for a quick buck instead of working hard to make something that will sell?

It is obvious bait with a think mask of genuine concern over it. No matter the answer, it will justify the guys choice and he will be able to virtue signal about how customers just don't get it.
Fuck twitter screencaps and twitter and its users.

You’re still missing the point of OP’s question.
The Devs don’t give a shit about you personally.

>He thinks MGSV was actually bad
>He thinks that normoids didn't actually like Skyrim
Do you think people just get mind controlled into buying stuff they don't like or what?
What world are we living in?

see

You could also not shit on potential customers and make a product worth purchasing, but I guess that's too much to ask of an indie dev.

OH NO NO NO NO STEAMDRONES
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176105247506386945

Of course I would, I wouldn't even need to try anymore and could shit out anything because it's already bought and paid for my Timothy.

Nah.
SteamNEETs still don’t understand what being a dev is like.

PHIL FISH WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG

What if it is worth purchasing and your childish company loyalty is the fulcrum of your decision and not the quality of the game?

And you're missing my point, because I am not alone.

>MGSV was bad
Bad, no. But a blunder? It was definitely a missed opportunity and no skepticism has spilled over to DS.
>normoids didn't like skyrim
Bethesda has made more than just TES games, user.

>because I am not alone.

Attached: 1567007997978.webm (720x908, 2.72M)

Insulating yourself from consumers you depend upon isn't good business practice. There is a reason people have a general dislike of government workers and agencies they work for. The problem with the logic is no one is forced to buy a game. If people get fed up with them it will all fall out from under their feet. But most consumers are braindead so they are probably safe from this ever happening.

twitter.com/ScopesUncharted/status/1176106569022476289
STEAMKEKS BTFO

>But a blunder?
That's because a bunch of stupid people expected it to be the next coming of Jesus Christ and it just ended up being a decent game and not GOTYAY

Fucking this. Fuck gamers. Worthless outrage-culture faggots throwing a temper tantrum over every little thing. Kill all gamers except for me obviously.

Missing content, the empty open world and the mobile game wait times are bad even if there are low expectations for a game.

Then there's no reason to take the Epic money beyond pure greed. And being greedy makes you a kike and that loses you customers as well.

You and your 12 Steam friends aren’t going to be a huge dent in sales.
See Borderlands 3 is the fastest selling 2k game of all time, despite the exclusivity.

Grow up and stop holding attachments to online stores. I swear steam is just like McDonalds and Nintendo with how much they trap their customers to loyalty.

No one gives a shit about you, you were just going to pirate it anyways.

If you only wanted to make money, you probably could have done something far more safe and profitable than making an indie game. You wanted to make a game because you wanted people to play it. By accepting an exclusivity deal you're backing down like a coward because you're having the game dev equivalent of a midlife crisis. I think your perception of "reputation" is warped by this place and its equivalents who will chimp out over one wrong tweet made half a decade ago and never let it go. Just make games that people can enjoy and the money will come in as a natural consequence.

doesnt surprise me that faggot indies want to turn game making into some gommunist shit where quality and demand doesnt matter.

Attached: 1538517841230.jpg (462x544, 60K)

>shit on potential customers
They owe you nothing. They make the game as they want to make it, they sell the game as they want to sell it, and if you don't like how they made it or sold it, don't buy it. You're a fucking entitled child for expecting otherwise. If you're worried that exclusives negatively impact the industry for consumers, blame the people who buy the games and make the exclusive worth it for Epic, rather than demand devs shoot themselves in the foot for your benefit.

Content was unfinished because of Kojambo's departure, we all knew this but people dispute it to make it seem like it's his fault for some reason.
Open world was fine, by the time you swap from using the fucking horse you should be able to helicopter to anywhere you need to go, and the mother base shit wasn't even that integral to the game since every retard complaining about how boring it was used the same equipment anyway, ignored R&D and pretended they were fultoning everything for a reason other than to meta game and wondered why they had a bad time

for a smell dev it's definitely worth it
for a bigger dev it's suicide

Not really, if I made a game it would likely be for all ages not just people around the age of 10 and I would like the ability to choose what I play it on/which store I get it from in general as a person, so I'd probably try to port it to all stores and all current platforms. Bound to sell more this way, right? After all, I'd imagine people will be more likely to buy it if they can play it from their prefered platform/Game distribution platform or what ever you call steam/gog/epic, which is also likely to get me more money in the future if it's well recieved since that's probably gonna get the word out to more people, also I'm a game developer not some guy in a chair looking at my sales figure, I wanna make a great game and have as many people as possible play it and enjoy it, making money to survive and make more games is great, hostaging my creation and limiting it's spread is not. Also as a consumer, I'd appreciate the freedom of choice, which is something we should probably all be able to relate to, since regardless of how rich you get, you'll still be a consumer, and being forced to buy from someone you feel isn't up to par with who you were buying from before, regardless of product, will probably not make you as happy.

Attached: Her.jpg (648x1080, 66K)

>believing shill speak

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN’T PUT YOUR GAME ON EPIC GAME STORE! I’M TOO POOR TO AFFORD THE LAUNC...
Wait a minute, the launcher and all other game launchers are free? Well ok. I’m an adult that doesn’t have personal attachment to brands, so I think I will buy your game now.

And that is how Borderland 3 sold 5 million units in 5 days.

Epig Gaym Store is communism for trash games, it breeds trash.
Not surprising since they are owned by communist china.

I'd do it.
The amount of gratitude people can give for keeping my integrity won't translate to the amount of money Epic can offer.

Just don't come crying when Epic tells you to beat it next time.

>Stating facts is s-shill speak
The absolute state of 15 yo Valvwfanboys from Russia

>unfinished content wasn't Kojima's fault
So what? It was still missing and the reused missions to try pad it out were massively disappointing.
>open world is fine if you avoid it all
Shouldn't have to purposely avoid part of a game to enjoy it more
>mother base was pointless
Then it's another disappointment. A huge amount of content entirely useless.

imagine making content for an audience you despise and thinking that some exploitative chinks will be around forever

Attached: 1559203272201.png (464x452, 187K)

>for a bigger dev it's suicide
see LMAO

> newsroom.2k.com/news/borderlandsr-3-redefines-mayhem-establishes-franchise-as-billion-dollar-global-brand
NononononONONONONO! Steambros its unfair.

Attached: 1569242258362.png (978x972, 397K)

People actually playing my game is more important than money.

What do you want me to say man? Clearly the game wasn't for you
No game is going to be perfect, but I did all the missions and Side Ops, had my fun and shelved it.
A lot of other people feel the same way, clinging onto shit you don't like to cry about another game that isn't even out seems incredibly fucking faggy

Most based post on this website right now and makes Yea Forums cope?

Yeah, I think he's redpilled

Ha! Imagining I'm not retiring like a bandit after this deal.

Like for real I would just go to my community and go "Epic offered me like 10 million dollars to release on their store. If you pay me 10 million dollars I'll release it on the fucking N-gage. If you had a steam pre-order I will gladly refund you, or... fuck it, pirate it, not hurting me I got paid."

If I were developing a game, I wouldn't care. I would take Sweeney's paycheck and then hope that everyone who wanted to play my game but was upset by the EGS exclusivity pirated it instead of just skipping it. I would want as many people as possible to play my game because it was something I was passionate about and worked hard on, but there's no reason not to take a check for $10m or whatever he's paying these days.

Classic poorfaggot mentality where they think that game devs feed themselves on the pixie dust that falls from the sky when people have fun playing their games.
This is how most of the retards in this shithole justify piracy because they don't actually understand how the world works

>Satisfactory goes EGS exclusive
>Discord, Twitch and any media out there for it is a deserted wasteland
>dev miraculously reports 500k sales, which equals the amount of Epic money they received

epic doesnt pay indies 10mil lmao

>acclaimed dev thinks
who cares what he thinks? leave it to the epic drones to enjoy being sheep just as their chinese overlords like to see

Knytt was before Braid

>doesnt surprise me that faggot indies
>WAAH CATER TO ME
>UR FAGS UR GAMES ARE SHIT ANYWAY ALL PIXELSHIT HIPSTER SHIT
>WAIT WHY ARE YOU SELLING OUT AND NOT CATERING TO ME

It's like pottery, it rhymes.

Attached: 1319459106760.jpg (600x600, 9K)

Luckily for you, more people are mature and still by EGS exclusives
See and

I feed myself on a job. I make a game to leave something behind when I die because I'll never have a woman to breed with.

I'm just saying that I wont be surprised if some more indie dev suicides happen in the near future :^)

Borderwho? Wasn't the last thread about "WHAT HAPPENED?", how it's already died down in terms of popularity?

>calling him a random ass memesult just because he doesn't follow every fucking dev on the planet

Personally, I DO place the most blame on the retarded masses, but that does not absolve the dev from all responsibility. Video games are entertainment, which means no one actually needs them. The developers do not provide some valuable service and shouldn't be acting like they do, especially if them selling out causes them financial losses due to consumers abandoning them. They made their bed and should lay on it.

But, as was already said, the biggest blame does lie on those who let these people get away with literally everything scot-free, and in worst cases actually profit from it as retards throw their money at them.

Whatever dude. Game was disappointing and you pick on that one part of an entire post to what?
You've proved my point entirely, that reputation is important and that even a game that disappointed many and didn't live up to its full potential will still be defended.

Attached: 1567057570183.gif (200x254, 2.47M)

Because it doesn't need to be the best game ever made to be good.
Keep moving goal posts fuckface

Is it already time?

Attached: Feels Pretty Early.png (847x521, 67K)

If your game is garbage then you won't get exposure either way
At least you're getting paid with ebin

I'll be the Vincent Van Gogh of video games.
You'll see.

What goalposts have been moved?
No, you're right it doesn't have to be the best game ever made but that wasn't my point in the first place.
My op was that MGSV was missed potentially, especially when compared to the trailers yet people are still unquestionably praising DS based on Kojima's reputation.

>yet people are still unquestionably praising DS based on Kojima's reputation.
I take it you haven't actually been in any DS threads.

>Tim "only good games on EGS" Sweeny

I think he means outside of Yea Forums.

Tiananmen Square massacre
Winnie the pooh
Free Tibet

Yeah I have. Your mistake is thinking that Yea Forums is one person and that Yea Forums is the consensus of the entire game community.
Plenty of people (like yourself) are clearly defending Kojima, as are many publications.
People are clearly hyped for the game, as for the reasons I mentioned in early posts.
What goalposts though?

>seething indie dev mad that he didnt get an offer for his garbage game
LMAO not even epic wants his turd

Well outside of Yea Forums, people don't get autistically buttblasted about MGSV, they can accept that it was a decent game and not the best game ever made.
It's not your fault buddy

With chinks, you lose. All these assholes will find it out pretty soon.

Wrong. I would've bought Shenmue 3 on Steam when it released. Now? I'm going to pirate it.

>but was upset by the EGS exclusivity pirated it instead of just skipping it.
>Play my game that I spent my development money on!
>What do you mean I don't get a return from you to make another game and can't eat?
What did user mean by this retardation?

>And what you need to understand is that you never mattered.
>Never mattered
>Metro flopping (making it's money back via a fucking subscription service instead of direct money)
>Boredlands 3 flopping hardcore (despite shilling "ADVANCED FEATURES")
>Control flopping (but that's ok, because we made $10m off the port!)
What did user mean by this further retardation?

Again: Take the money for short-term gain (Control making $10million before launch), completely kill/tank your future sales (Control 2 or whatever Remedy make not being bought and Epic's exclusive deals finally running out of steam because people buy shit off Steam instead).

But yes, please keep trying to fuck consumers that would give you money if you stopped trying to fuck them over with no lube. That'll SURELY make you more money in the end, retards.

Holy butthurt victim complex Batman

Again, that's my point. It wasn't the best game ever made yet plenty of people are acting DS will be.
>it's not your fault
I've lost you.
What goalposts were moved in my other post? Or did you just use that because it made you sound smarter?

Sure thing buddy.

You implied MGSV was a bad game and didn't get by on it's own merits, and then conceded it was in fact a decent game, and then proceeded to go on about "potential" when the only people that expected it to be gamer nirvana were complete retards that set the bar way too fucking high for anything to reasonably hit it.
You got cucked and fucked son

Imagine having so little confidence in your game you'd sign an exclusivity deal to avoid having to actually perform well

>Train for Olympics
>Can take a sponsorship to be forced to wear a certain pair of running shoes
>"HURR IMAGINE NOT HAVING CONFIDENCE IN YOUR OWN FEET"
>Lose the race
>Make nothing, no fame
>"AT LEAST I BELIEVED IN MYSELF"
God, you drones are pathetic

>implied
As in didn't say, meaning you couldn't point to a post where I called MGSV bad? Okay.
>potential
Yeah I did talk about that, because thats half the point of my original post.
>people thought the game would be amazing
>it wasn't
>rather than learn from that, people are doing the same thing with DS - all due to Kojima's reputation
Again, it seems weird that you focus on that when it wasn't the main part of my post.
>cucked and fucked
Where? And why have you gotten so upset over a Metal Gear game?

Doesnt change the fact that it´s much easier to sell there than on the other consoles.

This, also it doesn't matter which platform it goes anyway because most PC players pirate their game. A chicken on hand is worth 2 more in the bushes.

>As in didn't say, meaning you couldn't point to a post where I called MGSV bad? Okay.
Legit tried to compare it to Skyrim, you butt swilling homolord.
Fuck outta here

>>but was upset by the EGS exclusivity pirated it instead of just skipping it.
>>Play my game that I spent my development money on!
>>What do you mean I don't get a return from you to make another game and can't eat?
>What did user mean by this retardation?
What the fuck are you talking about?

If I make a game, it's because I want people to play it. If someone says "here's a million dollars, please do something stupid", I'm gonna do it, and just hope that the end result is still people playing the game. I don't fucking care if they buy it, I just want them to play it. That's what matters most to me. If I can make some money by doing it, that's also cool, but it doesn't really matter whether I make that money by selling copies or taking Tim Sweeney's paycheck.

I'm a dev.
It would definitely depend on the entity of the deal.

Let's say the product I'm making has a full price sales expectation of 1000, and I'd need 800 to break even.

If Epic is offering me 800 guaranteed copies, I'd never consider it.
If Epic is offering me around 1000 copies, I might be tempted, but I'd likely turn that down because of my own ideas and dislikes for Tencent's predatory model, the whole issues with the egs, as well with its stigma. Impacts also future activities.
If it were offering me anything above 1350 copies, I'd take it in an heartbeat, because I'd be outperforming my sales goals by 35%, and that'd be hard to beat or pass.

>compared it to Skyrim
No I didn't. Do they teach you to read where you live? Still amazed you can't point to where I said that.
>buttswilling homolord
Why has this exchange gotten you all upset?

Shut up, bitch.
GODJIMA WILL OWN YOUR SOUL

>tfw no within a deep forest 2

There is no way I’d release an indie on steam exclusively, the is such a vast sea of shit your game will likely be buried unless it’s using a well known IP. I would be trying to get it on switch as they seem to buy the most indie games

Oh, that's what I thought.
Thanks for proving the point I made in my first post chief.

>if you take the epic deal then gamers will rise up and make sure that your next game will fail
LOL
someone post mw2boycott.jpg

No problem, my poorhomo

This is an acute case of projection and delusion Doctor, I think it may be terminal.

Why is the choice of publisher platform any kind of betrayal again?

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

Depends, if all I care is to make money I'd take the deal and just release it under a pseudonym using a shell corp and nobody would link that work to my other works.
If I'm just making games for fun then nah.

>Would you take the Epic deal?
Only if I knew my game was actually shit and would flop on steam without the epic prepaid copies bs. That way I can also excuse it later when getting shit reviews, and I won't have to provide any updates or provide any sort of customer service. So probably no. Because I'm not a faggot.

Epic deal is perfect for untalented hacks.

The money epic offers is often enough to be safe enough to keep making more games. It's a good deal for a dev to take. And honestly, it's installing a god damn store, the store isn't great, but making even vaguely ambitious games is legitimately quite hard; even more so if it's something niche. And niche games need more lifelines thrown at them.

>acclaimed indie dev
probably s*y pixelshit

>if all I care is to make money
then what the fuck are you doing in game development, though. If your only goal is to make money go get a real job. It's quicker.

I would take the deal. Then I would claim Tim Sweeney raped me.

Of course I fucking would, especially if I make cheap indie trash.

Because bills still need to be paid. Having a guaranteed income for the next few years to make your next pixel shit game is the best way to accomplish it, why not take it.

Because most indie devs do have jobs and making games is just a side project thing. Many are on patreon.

Never heard of it

I make my own bait, yep!
In a heartbeat.

If you make shit that sells like 1000 copies then you absolutely should take the money.
If you're someone like Team Cherry or Toby Fox who are guaranteed a million+ sales, then there's no point.
Taking the deal would just be big negative PR and it's not like you need the money since you've made bank before and will also be releasing it on more than one platform.
If you're somewhere in between, take the money if you need it/can get away with it.

You just need to Stockholm Syndrome your “fans”. Like at sports game players. They buy the same game every year and drop hundreds of currency on player packs. Every. Single. Year. They complain about the game and how shit it is but do it every single year. Fans are retarded and easily exploited. Their threats mean nothing

Dude have you ever met and actual sports game fan? They legit don't know their game is shit. They only watch the sport and buy the game because its about their sport. They say ignorance is bliss, I'm inclined to believe them.

>tons of good indies titles forgotten with barely 10k sales
Reality is a bitch and people needs to pay rent. For one Toby Fox, there are at least a thousand of nobody indie devs.

i would take it too
as a consumer tho, i would vilify you for taking it

I'\m a dev and I don't want to be seen anywhere near Epic.
Besides GoG and Steam have a much larger userbase.

Fartnite is a fad game and will die eventually.

Sure you are Timmy.

>If someone says "here's a million dollars, please do something stupid", I'm gonna do it, and just hope that the end result is still people playing the game.
>I don't fucking care if they buy it, I just want them to play it.
>That's what matters most to me.
Shut up. You don't care about people playing your game, you just want those sweet sweeny dollars. If you did care, you wouldn't force future players to install chinese spyware to play it.

>If I can make some money by doing it, that's also cool, but it doesn't really matter whether I make that money by selling copies or taking Tim Sweeney's paycheck.
But you're still willing to take the money either way because you just want the money.

>I failed economics in high school.

I'd take it, those who want to play but dont want to download epic launcher can just pirate it i already got my money idc

>If your game is good it will inherently be liked by other people.
and Epic exclusivity is poison that prevents a game from being good

> Many want planned for steam

there's already an expectation for the game to be on steam. No i wouldn't want a bunch of people pissed off at me.

only an idiot wouldnt its garanteed money plus sales PLUS STEAMIES TEARS

>money and reddit butthurt
vs
>no money
I'll take the former.

>Make shitty indie game that might not even be successful
>Epic offers a million dollar for exclusivity

Gamers wouldn't take this deal

Attached: soyjay.jpg (644x842, 104K)

of course I'd take the deal
the bottom-line is everything, "reputation" and your gratitude won't pay for anybody's salary and only children who have never worked a day in their lives would say otherwise

Attached: consider the following.jpg (569x428, 25K)

More Yea Forumsitizens have been warming up to Epic it seems. So glad we as a community have finally wizened up and realized that Epic deserves to take the crown from Steam :) they will be king soon and Steam stans won't do anything about it.

I'd take the money and run.

If I were making a game I'd hope I'd be doing it to make a quality product that people would enjoy and not some garbage baiting for early access money and handouts.

This. There is literally no reason not to sell out. Passion projects never pay bills. Trannyshit and MTXs are the way to go.

"stan" fuck off

Take the money, but for fuck's fucking sake don't dress it up as anything more than that.
That's what I find pathetic about some of these devs. IT'S FINE TO TAKE THE BRIBE MONEY. MONEY MAKES THE WORLD TURN.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE A FUCKING SAINT AND THE PLAYERS ARE HEATHENS.

The fact if you take Tencent money or not is more about pride and morals than anything else.
Are you ok with supporting Tencent and bad competition for money? If so, go ahead. But it's like selling forest for Nestle and wondering why hippies don't like you.

This. If Epic want to give you a decent amount of money and your game is basically guaranteed to sell decently then there's no real reason to not accept it.

Attached: 1546733416397.png (1000x1534, 343K)

>Trannyshit
depends on the amount of trannyshit
you want a little bit of it to seem inclusive as normies like that shit
but don't take it too seriously or make it too prominent, you don't want to alienate a portion of your audience with by making it always about the trannyshit
remember, a wide audience is a profitable audience

I agree, go for the money, which is why chaining yourself to a guy who is rushing in trying to undercut his opponent out of business to turn his unsustainable short term profit into long term profit is myopic.

Depends how sweet

The most based post I have read
Gamers are nothing but a bunch of entitled crybabies

>take the money
>"accidentally" leak the source files so as many people as possible can play

I don't how Epic is bad.
Epic users can play the early access.
Steam users can play the fully complete and fully patched version.
And Piratebay users can play without remorse because Tim already paid for their copy.

don't do this it makes mustard gas

This.
Your profts as a dev trumps everything else. There is no such thing as "bad rep" especially when it comes to shitholes like reddit, Yea Forums or resetera.
Gamers are spineless shits and gonna eat out of your hand if your game is good.

check out NBA2k20 reviews on steam, people there say "game is shit, but that's the only NBA game so I'm gonna eat shit"

This. And passion projects will never get you a wide audience. That's why you always chase trends and don't bother making your dream game. Trust me passion projects are a waste of time. And if you are anti-SJW you will get no fanbase.

No, and I don't put it on steam either. I sell it directly.

So you're gonna boycott sony and nintendo too?

Cool story, now fetch me burger, big fries and diet cola.

If your reading this, and you're a gamer: always pirate the game
Indie devs deserve nothing.

>Full disclosure, I'd take the offer in a heartbeat.
By saying that you skew the poll. What a faggot.

Nah. You morons are exactly the same as the "oh you said something mean on Twitter 5 years ago, wow definitely not buying it now" trannies who don't even play video games.
You were never going to buy it in the first place. You're just like a child that learned what you think is the right button to push so mommy gives you what you want to shut you up.

Fuck literally everyone who threatens to "not buy thing". It's pathetic.

Sonycůcks like you should be gased.

Oh you bet I fucking would, but I wouldn’t pretend I was doing it for any reason other than financial security. I would have to be absolutely certain of ludicrous sales to not.

This goes both ways, no consumer should give a single shit when devs whine for muh bigger cut. Keep things adversarial or get trodden on.

looks like resetera is raiding the place again

>there is nothing wrong with taking the money
Except, you know, being a traitor to your country.

>twitter.com/cennxx/status/1128408696139198464
>All those buttblasted responses in the comments
kek

Too many games are being made lately, so yes. Chances are your game will flop.

yes, money money money

Agree. Fuck, i'm not even against the deal. I'm just against taking the deal and then pretending it wasn't about the money. Just admit the money was too good

there's a reason those games are niche. they're mediocre at best and they'll never make more than pocket change

It depends on how much of a career I have ahead. If this is my last game and I can earn sweet Epic money I'd take it. On the other hand, if I plan to make more games in the future it might be wiser not to alienate my player base since next time papa Epic might not want to give me money and I lost my player base.

>when someone calls you nigger in call of duty

take the deal, get your money where you can when you can

>epic shill is an amerifat

lmao i thought you're all chinks

its always trannies and journos shitting their diapers when somebody dares to say something against epic.

You know what? You're right. Take the money, indies. I'll just buy your game after it comes out on steam, if I ever buy it at all

>it's installing a god damn store
kill yourself

well video game bloggers like schreier i understand since epic probably pays them to shill

but trannies do it literally for free

If i'm not sure for my game sells, i would go for epic.
Otherwise steam (steam drones can also buy the game and put good reviews)

I honestly dont care that you're shilling for epic, but
>but making even vaguely ambitious games is legitimately quite hard
I cant let that pass. That kind of complacent thinking is why consoles are choked with walking simulators that cant even run at a steady 30fps, and why steam is so full of pixelshit, rpgmaker garbage, porn and low-effort platformers
Fucking hell, you dont hear fans of ANY fanbase say this. Gaming really has become the toilet that IRLshitters end up in to make a living

trannies do it because its corporate pseudo-communism where you get paid even if you dont deliver anything proper and get money despite not creating anything people want.

>just make a good game
Holy shit this guy might be onto something here.

T.faggot who prostitutes for a living

Just live within your means faggot I don't feel bad for anyone who sells their body in this day and age unless you were born in some shithole.

Your post screams COPE. A single I work for money would've sufficed

but why would any commie tranny shill for any corporation at all? they all want to fuck them

Within a Deep Forest and Knytt Stories were great but I uninstalled everything after those after an hour and never heard anyone talk about them either.
I guess he didn't make any money with his non-free games so of course he'd go for the free chink money.

lmao they are the biggest corporate drones. just check out any social media. they are also entirely against the customer with their muh gamers rhetoric.
they are entirely full of shit and insane.

To me the epic deal is no different than Youtubers who make sponsored ads, yeah its kinda annoying and cringe at times, but its never enough to make me stop watching.

Why the fuck should i know every single dev's name there is?

You're the reason why everything has turned to shit. Not people like you, you specifically.

You're not doing the right thing, you're putting bread on your table.
There's no right or wrong, it's fucking gaming

making a game out of your free time isn't technically free

It's already hell on earth, and EGS don't have much to do wit that

I doubt so, Todd doesn't seem to have anything to do with any of this.
EGS are the one tryting to strongarm the competition

>No u

I'd carefully consider it at least. As a dev, especially if you're investing your own money, you have to succeed and every bit helps.
As a consumer I'd of course be against it and may consider not buying the game or waiting for it to release non-exclusively.
And Epic is just doing something that is allowed although ultimately going against the consumer and potentially against the developer in the long run.

So in the end it's the business of the state to regulate the industry so the interests of the three aforementioned parties are balanced. The exclusivity deals are clearly a case for unti trust agencies to look into.

Supposedly bethesda is making skyrim VI on unreal engine

>The exclusivity deals are clearly a case for unti trust agencies to look into.

Yeah, maybe when epic will own 90% of the market but even then. A long stretch

Says more about Epic than it does about him.

>We want your indie garbage on our platform
>Okay but only if I can have it on Steam too
>lolno, sorry we're not interested

It's definitive proof that Epic is just nabbing whatever games they desire in an attempt to create buzz around their platform. If this game DID go Epic exclusive, it'd just create an artificial scenario where a game that would have otherwise flopped instead succeeded with none of the reasons being because it was a good game.

Yes fuck nintendo and sony. They censor devs even more than valve.

Please return when you're over 18, thank you.

that's even worse than a food analogy

Who wouldn't take the deal? Nobody's saying it's a bad deal for creators. But we're not the creators. We're the consumers, and it's a bad deal for us.

Attached: 1566829468111.jpg (900x1200, 229K)

It's better to prevent monopoly from forming than to face it's consequences down the line.

I'd absolutely take it, games drown on Steam regularly and Epic will not only pay you better you'll also probably sell more copies and get a bigger cut per sale.

Doesn't matter for indie games, 95% of the time you weren't gonna make a quarter of what Epic is offering you in sale revenue.

And we will pirate the game as you deserve.

>Look up Knytt
>Find Knytt Underground
>Is literally just him retrofitting NightSky (which he also made) into an ugly platformer
Shame to hear hes a kike.

But you can't get away with it?
and if you need money so badly, maybe get a job that'll pay you, instead of relying on easy chinese bucks.
At least then you'll be investing something in your community

Epic deal is good only if you are unable to create hype around your game because you're so indie and so tiny that you just don't have the means.
Take the money, make it so that everyone who wnats can play your game by allowing it to be pirated freely and keep working on another one.
If the first game is good, even relasing it as an exclusive will make you a bit more popular than before, thus allowing you to potentially skip exclusivity in the future or obtain a publisher.

>90% of my library is indies
>never heard about it
Opinion discarded I guess.

And?
Unreal is an engine like any other, using it doesn't make you a bugmen.
If they get the EGS cash, that's a different thing, but i've lost all hope in beth after the creation club anyway.

>and if you need money so badly, maybe get a job that'll pay you, instead of relying on easy chinese bucks
These are gamdevs we're talking about, they're not the brightest stars in the sky. They could use their skills at an actual job and be making an easy 6 figures, but instead they choose to struggle and follow their dreams.

>Would you take the Epic deal?
Yes, just as a fuck you to Steam.

literally whom, pixel shits platformers are dime a dozen worthless "game developers"

Yeah I don’t think epic would want a deal with him...

Because it blew you the fucking fuck out?

Sell out to epic, make throwaway email for google drive and distribute the game for anyone intelligent enough to find it. Be based and make more instant money off fortnite bucks than you would've off steam.

Attached: 1568210427868.jpg (249x249, 15K)

>take cash
>post sob story about how I needed the cash, I dont blame people for being mad, and hope people "find a way" to play the game without going through epic
>Made more cash than I would have selling my trash indie 2d black and white platformer about lbtqfsjgorrrweacvbpllr+ rights
>Maybe some absolute turbo autists will purchase my game just to "spite" steam users
>make some pocket change off steam 1 year later

a deal with Epic is literally a deal with the Devil

Doesn't matter, got paid.

Yeah, how to solve school shooters problems? Kill all the kids, easy

Sure, who gives a shit about the retards who buy my trash lmao

No shit I would. Why would I give up on a good offer?

Sonycůck.

If I had zero faith in my product but still got picked up by Sweeney anyway, absolutely. If I was making updates on Steam until the very last month to swap ships, I still would but I would also expect everyone to get rightfully angry about it.

Money is money, but surely your image as a developer must be important... right?

I find it funny how all the devs gloating that they'd go Epic exclusive for more money, also typically have anti-capitalists posts in their Twitters.

they are muh workers rights commies but what they dont tell you is that they also mean fuck the customer with that.

If the deal was 30+k per month of exclusivity + some amount of 'guaranteed' sales I would take it instantly and upload my game to torrent sites.

Based.

This isn't about faith, steam algorithm will fuck you over. If you want to succeed in current steam your game needs to be great and you need to pay shit ton for marketing,
If terraria devs were to publish their game today no one would even notice it.

Speaking of which, WISHLIST NOITA YOU FUCKS

Honestly this, as much as I hate it this is how the real world works and this can be easily applied to pretty much any industry

Best post on this trash board in recent memory. Fuck them and fuck companies too. Care for yourself. These people aren’t going to be there for you. They don’t care about you. They’ll just leech whatever they can from you and move on. Easy to demand shit when you’re not the one doing it.

well nifflas is a dickhead that ran out of ideas and had to steal from lyle in cube sector, so fuck him.

Just added it to my ignore list, thanks

and nothing of value was gained

And this is why we have lootboxes and day 1 dlcs. Thanks user.

Probably not i wouldnt, even if as a developer the better choice would be to take it. I do a lot of dumb decisions in my life because of pride and not wanting to feel like a piece of shit, so i would stick to my ideals, not because they are right thing to do but because of selfish reason unfortunately.

People who take the deal are garbage, i comprehend why they would do it but they are trash, just like your common man is.

This is the reason why Tim said that devs are more important than subhuman gaYmer