Will I like it?

Will I like it?
Loved 7. Hated 8.

Attached: Ffixbox.jpg (256x245, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Necron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>why yes, I always have Steiner in my party, how could you tell? *CLANK CLANK CLANK*

Attached: 1561406859374.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

Absolutely, you'll love it. Don't get discouraged by furry models.

>couldn't steal anything

9 has the most soul of any FF.
It was the most beloved FF by Uematsu and the last good game in the series. It is like a farewell letter to FF fans.

IX is probably one of the best FF games until you get to the final disc. Personally I love it and think it’s probably the best 3D FF game. They really nailed the fantasy setting.

Who was the villain of this game again?

Attached: 075.jpg (680x383, 29K)

Well I love 7 and 9 but hated 8 so maybe.

comfiest fall time game

Depends on what exactly you didn't like about 8.
For instance, 8 has a far more versatile customization system with GFs/draw magic while 7's materia looks deep but in fact is very limiting until the very end of the game.
In that sense, 9 is much closer to 7 as there is pretty much no interesting party/item customization.

The fairy tale-esque world of 9 is closer to 8.
Characters are more cliche compared to 8.
Overall, don't listen to us, just try it out yourself.

Always loved it
Though is an annoyance

What's wrong with the last disc?

It's a homage & love letter to FF1-6, everyone loves it except VII & VIII faggots

Final boss is retarded and doesn’t make sense. It’s like a completely different story to the first three discs

I am currently in the middle of it, made it to disc 2.
It's okay, but gratingly linear to the point where every town feels like a pitstop for you to do the chore of equipment upgrades on your guided coaster trek rather than part of the world.
Chocobo Hot & Cold and Tetra Master are perhaps the shittiest minigames I've ever played as well, so don't expect to enjoy any side content

About the only thing I'm enjoying so far is all the charming environments, they really did manage to get that right.

I honestly think it's really overrated. But I doubt you'll outright dislike it.

It's the best one

Yes

worst battle system in the entire series. story makes up for it i guess

FF9 is one of those games that exists so hipsters can gush about how good their taste is to one another. It's like this meme distilled into one game.

Attached: images (2).jpg (254x199, 16K)

Looked it up a bit and lost interest in the game...

Yes
7 and 9 are like soul siblings

I am a huge VII fag, and 9 is one if my very favorites. 8 is just garbage.

The whole thing goes a bit full retard at the end, the comfy feeling that carries through the rest of the game is lost. It actually starts a bit in disc 3, but the party stop chatting to each other and there are less cutscenes as well. The final boss is legendary retarded and comes out of no where unless you do some mental gymnastics to figure out what he/it represents.

It's saved by the final scene which I still hold is the best ending in any game.

its more story book with scifi elements added. Characters are good and have more depth than just the MC.
the only problem is loading times. Thats pretty much the issue with this game.

You will.

The final boss was originally Hades, but they decided it was "too dark" and made him an optional boss. Necron was created.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-IX_Hill_of_Despair_Art_1.jpg (620x660, 59K)

We aren't talking about XII user, this is IX.

Zoom zoom zoom

A big chunk of Yea Forums vocally hates IX. You're just dumb.

How can you hate 8 if you loved 7? They are very similar.

They only hate it because its good. Choo choooo.

>pitstops
its where story happens and at least you have those, along with secret areas along the way. its pretty much like every final fantasy game until 10.

It will ruin every other fantasy jrpg for you. It's legit that good.

the hate comes from the character design alone. Thats really it. The people who hate just have a shallow intrest in final fantasy pretty boys.

It'll open up soon.

nah, it just sets the bar and made me want to play older RPGs that had this much characterization.

It’s the best FF but Grandia 2 shits all over it

>atb charges up during everyone's slow as fuck action animation
>everyone goes one at a time in an order where speed means absolutely nothing
>absolutely nobody can get a second turn in before the enemy reacts because the enemy's atb bar is over halfway full by the time one party member finishes their action

the battle system is a major downgrade compared to every other ff game. you can't not notice it

nah I love ff9 its my fave, but 6 is the best one with all that work put into it.

Kuja.

I always wondered if they did all the tuning for the combat system on an early test version that just didn't have animations.

Playing it will help you realize how much the overall gaming community overrates it.
It's a good game, but it's not the absolute masterpiece some people like to claim it is

rat feet

lol

They should've made necron just another form of Kuja. If for nothing else, just to shut up those fags that think an entire 40 hour game is spoiled by a 10 minute boss fight.

It’s not spoilt but is does really fucking jar the plot for no reason and was absolutely retarded.

What's more bizarre is how mad people get if you dare speak out of turn about it.

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Necron

The final boss true name is 永遠の闇 (Eien no Yami, lit. Eternal Darkness)

Who the fuck knows what they were doing with Necron translation

If you are being kind you could say they are both synonyms for Death

Nigger, I have played every FF game before X and so far IX's game design has not been like any of them because it has very stubbornly prevented me from doing almost any backtracking. Playing FFIX has really made me realize how FF eventually became a series of hallway games, it all started here

The beginning of the game of great. There are many rough patches, especially around disc 3, but it's still enjoyable throughout. The final boss sucks, but the final cutscene makes up for it.

Once you get better means of travel the map starts to open up. Chocobo Hot and Cold is the key to getting an upgraded choco that can walk on water/mountains

>worst battle system in the entire series.

even worse than 15's?

I’ve played every numbered FF except for 11 and I found XV to be the very worst battle system, it’s like it wasn’t even made for FF fans even tho that’s what it says when you launch the game

8, 9, and 10 came out in 99, 00, and 01. And they all feel so unfinished compared to other jrpgs of the time. I dont even think they're that bad, I just wish they had more time given to them.

Hey they worked on XV for years and it still sucked so maybe time isn’t the issue here

>X
>unfinished
>with more side and post game content than any other game in the series even before the International edition

Was in your shoes played 8 and hated it then played 9 and it was a fucking breath of fresh air.

Those are different issues. Versus 13 was a shitshow for a long time. SE was really struggling to get hd right.

What did x have again? Not even trying to give a pissy response. I remember blitzball and some secret aeons.

Best FF

Monster Arena + gear crafting is a game unto itself

>necro-
GORSH who knows?!

Thats FF6, retard.

If it's any indication, 7 and 9 are my favourite FFs and I hate 8.

Yes, typicaly if you love 7 and hate 8 (as you should) you'll love 9 and X.

I loved 7, hated 8, and loved 9.
So probably.

No. Going by your reaction, it's clearly 9.

>8 has a far more versatile customization system
That's one of the things which make the game so great. I love the freedom the junction system gives you. Simultaneously that freedom is what makes some brainlets rage because they'd prefer something more simple and more linear.

nice samefagging

Play 1-6 and then tactics first to get the most out of it

You'll love it.
The story is very touching.
Normally, FF stories can be kind of pretentious, but this one really gives you the good feels when it wants, and then bad feels when it wants.

soul

Only months actually, after development had barely begun for years because Nomura couldn’t make up his mind

Junction system is fucking retarded. Everything is level scaled so with a bit of grinding and refining you’re effectively invincible unless you use any junctioned spells.

That's fair. I actually forgot about that. Dq8 had a monster pokemon like that and it was a blast. I still kinda stand by my opinion that the three games felt pretty bare bones by jrpg standards though.

IX>V>Baldurs Gate>Icewind Dale>Baldurs Gate 2>VII>Chrono Trigger>Morrowind>VI>X>XII>IV>VIII>I>II>X-2

>Loved 7. Hated 8.
So like everyone? That's the most generic taste you can have.

I love Kuja.

Attached: DFF2015_Kuja_base.png (600x886, 486K)

Having any opinion on VIII is generic, seems to have an equal amount of fans as it does haters.

ranking iwd and bg above bg2 is heresy and how i know you had no father figure

Puck is cuter.

Attached: c21req6mf1l11.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

False, and a dumb conclusion

Get the Moguri mod

Yeah, it's the second best game in the series behind VII

cool game but magic and summons are useless.

>Chocobo Hot & Cold
>shitty

Attached: 1548210248779.png (645x773, 49K)

That's not true.
In various points in the game they'll be dealing the most damage for some of the possible characters and beyond that there's more uses than just damage.

Summons are useless overall. Support magic is meh because you can just equip shit like autoheal and 100% resistances.

>loved 7
>hate eight
of course ff9 is a great game, but you don`t have any taste

>rng based button masher that rewards you with overpowered equipment that makes the main game even more braindead easy and boring than it already is
Be honest user. If this was an MMO, you'd write a bot program to do the game for you.

Attached: 1445938898989.jpg (590x322, 212K)

>Summons are useless overall
They're not, last I played Vivi hit the damage cap first, and then Garnet through summons.

Yes you will. FFIX is a more traditional Final Fantasy. There's no weird junction system nor emo MC. It's a fun rump till the end.

>likes the universally loved game
>hates the universally hated game
>"lmao no taste"

Attached: 15482102487790.png (645x773, 46K)

Stolen from elsewhere.
Necron is an Eidolon summoned by Kuja's fear, despair and hatred.

If you have solved the Eidolon's wall mystery, the notes left by the Summoners suggest that legends creates Eidolon, not the other way around. So it is people's memories as they return to the planet that create the Eidolon, and so that's how Kuja created Necron.

You junction to equipment instead. It solves the problem of immediately throwing away art assets that become outclassed. Dunno why they dont just do a glamour system instead.

8 is shit, and I fucking hate this character, I hate all characters in 8, I hate the art style, I hate the setting, and I hate how much inspiration it takes from Jpop and fashion culture.
I hate FF8.

Attached: retard.jpg (200x320, 14K)

the music is great, though

Here's the my recommended mainline Final Fantasy games list. All the following games are good to play even today. The older nes ones are aged a bit so if you dont like NES JRPG you can skip them but anything from SNES towards on my list is good.

>Final Fantasy
>Final Fantasy III
>Final Fantasy IV
>Final Fantasy V
>Final Fantasy IV
>Final Fantasy VI
>Final Fantasy VII
>Final Fantasy IX
>Final Fantasy X

After FF X Sakaguchi was no longer with the company and many other original staffers were gone or moved to other positions so starting from FF XII they are no longer true Final Fantasy games IMO. FF XII is not a bad JRPG but no Final Fantasy.

It's different than both of them and is more traditional as far as its aesthetic goes. It's favorite FF game
This ties together a lot I never thought about, thanks user

FFIX System is more similar to Magicite from FF VI. But uses equipment instead of Magicite. It is an interesting way to keep your equipment instead of trashing it.

tl;dr

Skip II and VII those two are trash.

>Insulting FF VI
Get out Zoomfuck.

yes thats indeed what i said

It's Nobuo Uematsu, I never heard a bad music from that man.

There's no shit sountrack done by Uematsu. All of his Final Fantasy's OST are good. Too bad old age caught up to him by FF X.

Attached: FFsystems.png (1438x538, 33K)

FFIX is overrated trash

oh look, an idiot

Spoon feed me.