Why is Marth by far the worst sword user in all the Smash?

Why is Marth by far the worst sword user in all the Smash?

Attached: download.jpeg-12.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>blocks your path

Attached: images (1).jpg (233x216, 9K)

Because for some reason Lucina is the same thing but a lot better for a lot less effort. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea.

>in all the smash
no

Remove Lucina
Remove Ike
Remove Roy
Remove Chrom
Remove Corrin
There, I fixed the Fire Emblem representation in smash

What happened between 4 and Ultimate that made Lucina better? I thought Marth was better because of the tipper?

If you manage to hit the tipper every single time then yeah, Marth is better. Too bad that doesn't happen.

This is such shit bait that I'm not going to even bother looking for a bait pic

because faggots stopped being stubborn with saying "marth is better if you play better!!!" because consistent tippers are not going to come by that easily.
no one can space perfectly and consistently enough to make playing marth worth it

You mean just Ultimate right? Because Marth is a beast in every other Smash game.

Honestly I think Marth is lacking in Ultimate because it's harder to land his tippers consistently given the games fast speed and his short range compared to other disjointed characters. He can hit characters but it takes forever to kill if it's not a tipper.

Tipper got harder to land thanks to general mechanical changes between the games, so now Lucina's consistency is more valuable

isn't Chrom also the same
>what if we designed characters around a mechanic
>and then made them way WAY stronger when that mechanic is entirely gone
if they went with Celica as a Robin Echo or something she'd probably be in the same boat (weaker spells but can spam them forever)

Marth is still decent, he's definitely not the worst, there's just no reason to play him when Lucina exists.

I continue to main Marth since he was my first back in Brawl and I just don't like Lucina as a character, I do get better results with her though.

>In the transition, however, Marth received a handful of noteworthy nerfs.
>His jab, previously an excellent combo starter and neutral tool, has been altered as with most jabs so that it can only follow up into the second hit from the first, completely removing its powerful jab cancel from Smash 4 that was vital to Marth's gameplan.
>His already linear recovery is made less safe by the limits on air dodging as well as the reduction in edge sweet spot size, worsening his endurance.
>His sourspotted attacks (most notably forward smash) and tipper forward aerial deal less knockback.
>Furthermore, the faster engine makes landing tippers much more difficult
Essentially, the faster pace and complete neutering of his jab are the big culprits.

Ike and Corrin are unique

Corrin is an ad and is unfun to play as or against

Says you

That's a fact though
Even Corrinfags are just foot fetishists that don't care about the character or the play style

Corrin being an ad is a fact, them being unfun to play as or against is your opinion and is no basis for whether a character should be in the game. If Corrin's moveset was on a different character from any series I doubt anyone would care if they were removed, but as it stands removing them has no meaning while they're playstyle is still unique.

Ike can stay, the rest can get the boot

Corrin is just a stupid character

How so? Corrin's unique and not busted. There are much stupider characters in both 4 and Ultimate.