GTA IV ending

>Choose Deal
>More narratively cohesive choice, the whole story is about Niko trying to escape a life of violent revenge and death at the cost of the people close to him, Niko actually faces the main antagonist in the end
>lol cousin dies, worst girl dumps you, general downer ending
>Choose Revenge
>worst girl dies, cousin lives, Niko faces a barely relevant side character in the end and learns nothing, we the player learn that violent revenge and death at the cost of people close to him isn't so bad after all

Obviously making a deal with the guy that's been trying to kill you on the orders of some mob boss that's of no real threat to you is stupid, but that's clearly not Nikos motivation in the Revenge choice, so what the fuck?

Attached: niko-bellic-bomber-jacket.jpg (1275x1500, 71K)

The ending was a bit muddled.

GTA Stories are never good, the only Rockstar games with decent stories are the red dead games.

Post-9/11 media have a recurring bleak look on the modern US and American dream, IV being one of the examples. Probably something to do with the US realising that it's not as invincible as they thought it was.

Just switch the consequences for the choices and it's basically fixed
IIRC all Niko talks about after he kills Darko is how unsatisfied and empty he is after doing it, punishing the player with such a relentlessly shit ending for doing the thing they were encouraged to do is baffling.

TBoGT > Base Game > TLaD

who cares what happens to niko, hes a depressed pussy either way. just do what feels right

all the choices in this game were terrible.
it all boiled down to either the person in question dying or coming back as a random character, a worthless phone perk, or money you didn't need. playboy x was far and away the worst. who the hell is going to pass on a safehouse with car parking in favor of of a measly $25,000

Roman is canonically alive anyway so the ending where dies doesn't mean anything.

Not only that, but if you kill Dwayne you get a random encounter with his ex that literally ends with Niko saying "Shit, maybe I should have killed Playboy"
The choices in GTA V are even worse, I don't know why the writers bother when they clearly have a particular choice in mind

This interpretation would work if it wasn’t a british game.

I dont even remember any choices in V besides the finale, and Online made Deathwish canon anyway.

>Choose Deal
>More narratively cohesive choice
Nigger are you fucking retarded or what

Attached: 1568133843979.jpg (567x790, 354K)

>the whole story is about Niko trying to escape a life of violent revenge and death at the cost of the people close to him

>All Niko talks about if he kills Darko is how empty it made him feel
Yeah, I'd say deal fit within the narrative better

>Roman has given me nothing but shit advice throughout the entire game and has put me in more than one problem
>Kate wants what's good for me and she's a nice gal
>sure let's sell ourselves for money like Playboy wanted me to in regards to Dwayne, let's make a deal with the guy that burned our house and our taxi company down, what can possibly go wrong?
>what do you mean they betrayed me and sent a hitman to kill me?
>what do you mean my cousin is dead?
>who could've seen this coming? g-game told me revenge b-bad :(
Fuck you, fuck Darko, fuck Dimitri, fuck Pegorino and fuck jannies.

Are you retarded? Deal is the worst ending.

You also have no soul if you didn't hear how emotionally destroyed Niko and Packie are after Katie dies.

It's been a while, but all of Roman's problem stems from Niko killing Vlad, Faustin, and the Russians Mafia without thinking about the consequences.

Maybe Roman shouldn't deal with the fucking Faustin Mafiya, then. It's his fault for being a retard that gambles his debt money away. If it wasn't for Niko, Dardan would've stabbed Roman one of these days and that would be that. And it's made apparent by other conversations later down the line like when they move to Broker that Roman doesn't ever stop gambling. He's a retard that doesn't think things through.

Roman is the only character aside from Brucie with a legitimate business. It's heavily implied that he gambles away his money to deal with depression.

Then he could gamble it away in a legitimate place and not with the Russian Mafia

>kill darko for revenge
>niko talks about empty he feels and it didn't change anything
>this makes me choose the deal ending to get out of the cycle of revenge
>roman gets killed
it's the most kino ending and thematically consistant with the story

He also didn't sell out Niko while under torture. After rescuing him I came to see that despite his numerous flaws, Roman was willing to die to keep Niko alive. I could never ignore that.

Only places where Roman can gamble away in NY are Belmont Park, Aquaduct Racetrack, Atlantic City, or Yonkers. None of those locations exist in the game

The whole story is about Niko running away from accepting the fact that he will never be a legitimate citizen with legitimate goals and ways of handling things, he just can't do it and he has to succumb to violent deeds because that's the only way he can survive period. It doesn't matter what kind of deal he makes because he won't be able to start anew again, there's no way for him to just do it, he was broken, he is broken and he will be broken, period, there's nothing he can learn or grow, he can't just wipe himself clean of what he has done. Revenge won't make him feel rejuvenated, but it's the right thing to do under the circumstances and much more fits his character.

IV was more about organized crime being dead in the modern world. The police are smarter than the crooks.