Why did OSRS succeed where WoW Classic failed?

Why did OSRS succeed where WoW Classic failed?

Attached: 1550013717736.jpg (1825x1840, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJqJ0mG9OE
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo
youtube.com/watch?v=LFgvAyJWkjU
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhF0L7pfo8
youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM
youtube.com/watch?v=cZPE-45HJIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA
youtube.com/watch?v=cXv1hQv9uCc
youtube.com/watch?v=lKvpo7Ma9JM
youtube.com/watch?v=HGgIhyQTHS8
youtube.com/watch?v=RRq0Zu_lYh4
youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY
youtube.com/watch?v=nidFjWK8rik
youtube.com/watch?v=-9OOsKVcmyE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7m_w2TbCIA
youtube.com/watch?v=kpXDvqBMoMs
youtube.com/watch?v=OCtJ0b24Di4
youtube.com/watch?v=ya3iMNKrOPI
youtube.com/watch?v=J8D2uAowRbM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can cut tree

Attached: cut.png (509x331, 93K)

it's a classic and not just stripped down game with the namesake

Runescape always was miles better than WoW, even before WoW existed

Because games like OSRS or FF XI are actually classic MMOs, Wow Classic is just retail without all the QoL and expansions.

RuneScape also has tons of soul

Holy shit that's right
That's exactly why I had 0 fun since it lauched

You can't beat RuneScape when it comes to MMORPG nostalgia.

runescape has had the same two music composer for almost two decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJqJ0mG9OE

I'm having a good time playing osrs atm.

I'm about to get 99 woodcutting on my hard core ironman and I'm doing quests on my main to get more melee exp per hour in nmz. Forgot how good rs quests are. If only other games did quests like runescape.

You tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

Attached: fishing.png (154x183, 16K)

Runescape is a good game that you play because it is fun. WoW is a bad game you play because everyone else is playing it.

OSRS DID fail until they implemented new content

Osrs was good while wow wasn't good until the burning crusade.

Fish lvl?

In the runescape documentary, the gower brothers basically said that they just wanted to make their own DnD like campaign and it turned into runescape.

Attached: DeviousMUD_Map.jpg (513x550, 85K)

Runescape has an active community where people will talk to you if you ask them something, WoW does not

OSRS wasn't as easy to break.

is Runescape the biggest campaign of all time?

Nice

wow makes fuck all effort to make the world not seem overwhelming
you just
heres some quests n shit idk

Attached: 1563936127685.webm (400x300, 1.29M)

nice

yes except jagex hate their characters and keep killing them off

>people being social in modern rs
big if true

Attached: 125689.jpg (640x640, 44K)

OSRS is really the only mmo to ever be done right, the only complaint I have is I wish they had darkscape servers combined with the osrs ones

I coomed to the RuneScape female in game model when I was a teenager

Because it's launch wasn't as infested with streamers as classic wow's was. Also osrs is a better game.

Nice

I wish osrs stopped trying to become rs3 but with old graphics and old combat. All this powercreep, all this slayerscape, everything gets turned into pvm because devs can't think of a way to make skilling updates without turning it into a "boss fight".
Fuck this game, it isn't the 2007scape I used to play anymore.

Nice

osrs failed at first. population numbers dropped like 70% a month aftet release and only recovered very later down the line when jagex started introducing a bunch of content. some old, some new. gwd, trading, ge, hcim, the first raid, etc

Nice

Pretty sure a single classic server has more people playing than the entire osrs, mate.

nice

I think osrs came out at a good time as Runescape had only been complete unplayable shit for 2 years (had just been regular shit since 2008). Wow retail has been complete unplayable for like a decade.

Hard to say. Think there are a few DnD campaigns that have been going for decades.

Didn't that woman delete her twitter account after that?

The big problem isn't PvM itself but the fact that the bosses shit out resources so it's actually more effective to camp whatever is the fotm slayer monster/boss that poops out say, magic logs so you can fletch them rather than go and get the fucking logs yourself by cutting magic trees.

yeah, though there is a poll system for updates.
one poll did have people successfully vote against the QoL update that added anvils to the lumbridge smith.

Nice

Also people are telling jagex to not shit out slayer content non-stop, it's just that PvM content is a lot easier to do. At least we're getting some new cool quests with them.
It's just infinitely more hard to implement new skilling content without making it the new bis-location/thing where you're retarded if you do anything but it.
You could counteract it with implementing say, more AFK kind-of efficient skilling methods (like the motherlode mine I guess) or something where you have to pay attention (the volcanic mine?), or add some kind of a currency to the skilling location/area/type, like marks of grace.

Yeah. I'm pretty pissed that even in OSRS, membership is fucking expensive.

WoW classic isn't getting community driven updates. In fact, it's getting no updates. There's a finish line, which is not a good thing to have in an MMO.

It's also the only MMORPG to my knowledge where you have to pay for each character you have.

They unironically should have a polling system like OSRS, although Blizzard would have to do very careful balancing around it, and I don't think they should implement it before Naxx has been out for at least a half a year.

What's the best way to make money as a f2p right now? I currently have everything at level 30 but I don't have all the f2p quests done.

Depends heavily on your stats and the absolute best moneymakers are heavily botted. If you have stats around the level of 30, I'd suggest questing and working on getting your stats up.

What I did was slowly getting my stats up while trying to make a profit out of anything I could. Actual moneymaking methods I did were safespotting Ogress warriors and telegrabbing wines of zamorak. Both are heavily contested though.
Also bonds are the most expensive they have ever been: as of now they're close to 5.5 million gp, as opposed to 2,7mil half a year ago. It's better to just buy membership with real money instead of slaving away for a bond.

Also check the wiki and start watching youtube guides. I'd also suggest doing something else WHILE playing, such as watching something (streams, videos, movies) or reading/listening stuff.

Nice

I'm making some okay money doing iron mining. Varrock is usually too busy, but I'm okay with the pace in the desert. Usually get two diagonal rocks to myself and the Duel Arena bank isn't too far away.

Because WoW fags; no Warcraft fags in general are the most contemptible kind of people you will ever find. All of them live in their poop-stains and probably get excited for the new Star Wars movies.

Noob

Also a different question but what even is runescape pvp? I've watched so many pk videos and I still don't get what's going on. My guess is they use a weapon that charges the special attack really quick then switch to the maul for some high damage attack to finish off their opponent?

Nice

Essentially yes.
You want to stack out as much damage as you can into a single tick so you can potentially 1shot your opponent.
The granite maul is perfect for this because its special attack is instant no matter what.
You can do some crazy combos with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LFgvAyJWkjU
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhF0L7pfo8
youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvyG3H_KM
youtube.com/watch?v=cZPE-45HJIQ

Burst is king because otherwise it's just a matter of attrition with food/prayer, and (in a real fight) you don't want to give anyone the opportunity to run or teleport to safety once they're scared of losing.

A large portion of OSRS can be played for free whilst WoW Classic is not free. Also, mobile.

Nice

>bonds are the most expensive they have ever been: as of now they're close to 5.5 million gp, as opposed to 2,7mil half a year ago
Shit, is that more from inflation or demand?

osrs was failing until the mobile and tablet version releases.

It's like the perfect mmo for on the go because it requires so little attention

>Shit, is that more from inflation or demand?
Don't know, actually. OSRS had a summer sale event where you got more gametime if you used multiple bonds, but it ended already and the price has been going up still.
Could do something with the mobile p2p 1-week trial being removed though.

I can't believe classic failed because OP said so.
I have no option except uninstalling it now.

Any good methods for teleporting around as f2p besides leveling magic? I already have the chronicle for that free Varrock teleport.

Skull scepter and the Chronicle are (to my knowledge) the only non-magic teleportation items available to f2p.
All the actually good teleportation items (jewelry, teleport tablets) are p2p.

Nice

Canoes are F2P, an axe is all you need to go anywhere along the river Lum - Lumridge to Edgeville, or even the wilderness.

lmao there is more people waiting in queue for classic than people playing osrs

They probably have enough time to get a 99 in osrs while they wait in their queue.

Nice

obviously, all you have to do is buy the materials with your bond money and automate it with your cheat client

Nice

Every single time I hear this soundtrack it sucks me back into this fucking game. It's been 15 years and I still can't escape.

This. It took, what, a year or two for OSRS to become popular?

Pretty much. It had its dedicated players but it took a while for the player base to grow to the numbers it gets now.

btfo

>OSBuddy did a full circle
Pretty hilarious how they started as an actual botting client and ended up as a pseudo-botting client.

>TFW RS3 is trying to get mobile but mysterious technical circumstances are slowing things down to a crawl and impacting development in literally every other department to get it done.
RS3 left some real overcooked spaghetti under the hood damn.

>Literally decades of shitty java-code piled on top of more java code.
Add MTX and absolutely retarded content choices and it's no wonder the RS3 mobile app ain't coming out.

>play RuneScape since I was in middle school
>Have a good time playing osrs

>Never play wow once growing up
>Have a good time playing wow classic

So am I the retard or?

no, you're just a sensible person who doesn't irrationally hate everything

i've had a good time playing both, usually alternating between the two every couple of sessions
many people really didn't know what they were getting into with classic, which is why a lot of players are shitting on it

Attached: 125526218691.png (529x451, 249K)

Your opinions dont align with mine so yes

No, you're just a person who has the ability to enjoy videogames.
Most of Yea Forums lacks that ability.

RS3 isn't java, its c++

OSRS has stuff to do. All you can do in WoW is garbage "kill this many animals" quests and shitty dungeons on repeat.

>RS3 isn't java, its c++
Huh, guess you learn new things every day.

>play runescape since 2005
>love the aesthetic of OSRS
>prefer playing RS3

Attached: 1567440347619.jpg (1205x721, 290K)

>my runecrafting level is 50
>my runecrafting level is 51

Attached: dancing.jpg (1200x675, 181K)

It had to switch a few years back because all the MTX was causing Java to commit suicide.

Nice

I was the same. Never played wow because no money as a kid and played f2p runescape. Got members this year and had fun for a bit then played wow classic and it just made me never want to play osrs again. It just lacks something. I feel like the grand exchange killed the soul of the game. I felt sick after trying to play osrs after playing classic, the lack of soul is just so transparent to me now and i bought a year of membership too so that's a waste of money

>being to retarded to pay like $3 to a chink site to buy the gold for a bond
>they actually pay the $10 for a membership
Hahhahahahahhahah Fagex is only alive because retards like u
That’s because each new character is a new account
Idiot

Should I finish all the f2p quests before getting a membership? Is there anything else I should do to "prepare" for a membership?

bait, nothing in the post points to the user actually buying membership, only saying that it's fucking expensive
>pay like $3 to a chink site
fuck off, don't you have some sweeney cock you gotta suck bugman?

There's no reason to not become a member asap but dragon slayer is a good jumping point.

holy based he destroyed that thot like it was nothing

yes to the question about questing, as for preperation it really depends on how you're obtaining membership. If you're just paying for it with cash you can do whatever the hell you want because that's the fun way to play, if you're going to be a bond wagie I would reccomend following the optimal quest guide on the official wiki.

>playing cookie clicker Botland the game
Yikes “game” Isn’t fun its a literal click and point walking simulator
Literally feels like a single player thing to
There’s like 30 skills but they all feel the same
What’s the point clicking a cow for 1000 times can’t be fun
The world is boring after u explored it once
I seriously don’t get the appeal
Duel arena for high money is okay because the tension but it comes down to rng luck fests that u get the higher number
The “game” sucks lmao it doesn’t even feel like a game

OSRS hasn't "succeeded". Every year it gets worse with shitty updates and constant inflow of RS3 babbies and redditors. It should have been the RS2 equivalent to Classic, but once the suits and jagex realized that they could squeeze a lot of money out of it they started appealing to the EoC refugees. At this point I hope it fails and Jagex goes under, maybe then we will get an actually good RS2 PS

Yeah bro they should be walking back and forth between NPCs in a completely empty world completing "quests" instead. Yep, that's what a real MMO is like...

You and me both amigo. Both are nice games to get comfy and chill out playing at the end of the day.

What are some bad features they've added?

It's that time of year again
youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA

It’s implied
U can get a month for like $6 if u buy the gold and use it for the bond
U have to be a literal underaged to think $6 or even $10 is alot
If u think roonscope is expensive ur a literal 13 year old
>wahhhhhh Chinese bad
Grow up besides
Half the players are bots or gold farmers anyway
Lmaoing imagine actually playing RS I quit after a week
It’s not even a game
Wow clicking the same thing over and over so I can wear a red weapon instead of blue is so much fun
Only a brain dead autist would find RS fun

Nice

OSRS succeeded because it is significantly easier to multiclient in, and they even encourage you to do so. You have people paying for 3-4 accounts at any given time. bonds are a big part of it, being able to p2w is enormous in osrs. staking takes up a large number of the playerbase now too, most game content is done sparingly because of how pointless it is versus staking.

wow classic, when it eventually gets tokens (and it will), will probably quickly see a lot more success as people start multiboxing and paying for multiple subs.

>he can’t make his own fun in a big world
>he actually does quests besides the ones that give good stuff
Besides bunny hopping around is more fun than u can ever have in Roonscope

Grand Exchange, all of Zeah, NZ, Zulrah, the new quests, "QoL" (a.k.a. I'm an efficiencyfag please make my life easier) updates, etc.

not the guy you're asking but things like the blowpipe and twisted bow are just plain awful. They've gotten better about filling in the niches weapon wise but for a long spat it was just a pure powercreep fest. They also dont know how to design a drop table for the life of them and love to fill everything with raw materials and alchs. Also rev caves, they deserve all the shit for that.

OSRS is exactly what's described on the tin. It's the same game it was in 2005. Classic WoW is not. It's a patchwork horror stitched together from Legion's game client and data from a 1.12 "reference client". All the 1.0 content but with 1.12 numbers. And layering. It's an abomination. It's a less faithful recreation of vanilla wow than even the worst "blizzlike" private vanilla wow server.

Attached: 1569170734407.png (371x353, 148K)

Yep, those damn kids today don't know how to make their own fun. Unlike runscap WoW has real features like uh... Well the playerbase is big yep that's what I'm talking about brother

Attached: e27.png (300x300, 87K)

>it’s same game as 2005
>all the stuff they added
It’s literally RS3 with a old skin at this point
It hasn’t been like the 2005 one past like the first year or so it was out

youtube.com/watch?v=cXv1hQv9uCc
youtube.com/watch?v=lKvpo7Ma9JM

Completely wrong. Classic WoW is far more faithful to the original game than OSRS is at this point.

>he plays WoW
Ahaha hahhahhaha hahahha
Faggot
But atleast WoW feels like a game and there’s more to it besides clicking same thing over and over
Seriously how do people find RS fun?

lol noob

I mean when it started. It took the game we loved as its starting point. Everyone who's old enough to remember vanilla thinks it's a joke. For instance, the final boss of the current 40 man raid has 300,000 health and can be tanked without fire resist sets, when for 99% of vanilla's lifespan he had over a million health and one shot tanks that didn't have loads of fire resist. But he had 300,000 and nerfed damage in 1.12 so that's what we got.

>GE
>Bad
People fucking begged for GE to be implemented, the majority of the playerbase wanted it so they added it.
Zeah is hit or miss, I like some of the content there but so far most of it is ass (not counting farming guild, that shit's pretty good).
Zulrah, or Money Snake as I like to call him, is just plain bad.
New quests are good, but Song of the Elves is a straight out almost 1:1 copy of Plague's End from RS3.

The biggest problem with the game is that the most vocal part of the playerbase is all about "muh efficiency". Also content shouldn't cater to ironmen at all.

>same game it was in 2005
>ge in 2005scape
yikes. You could never get me to play runescape with the ge. shit legit killed the game back when it was added to the orginal

When will india be rangebanned?

The majority of the playerbase is stupid and would ruin the game if they had the chance. They've been trying to for the past five years.

When we voted for OSRS, we were told that it was going to be like a Classic: a faithful recreation, a museum piece for us oldfags. Guess Jagex either lied to us about that too or went back on their word when they realized how many more subs they could pull.

The poll system for new updates. Osrs doesnt release shit until the majority of the community supports the changes. Blizzard doesn't give a fuck what you want, they're releasing their shit as is. Branching off of that fact, they actually release meaningful updates. I highly doubt classic will stay alive long enough for the team working on it to actually add worthwhile content.

GE was the addition of a marketplace to the game when literally everyone used zybez, sal, or tip it forums to coordinate sales anyway. It was the same thing on osrs before the f2p change.

They excplicitly told us that they're going to make the players vote for what content they'd want to be implemented into the game and the threshold for any piece of content to pass is a whopping 75% yes vote.

And they did create the OSRS they promised, it's just that when all of the content was done, people wanted more stuff to do. The game almost died before Jagex put in new shit, and of course Jagex wants for the game to stay alive.

>You can't beat RuneScape when it comes to MMORPG nostalgia.

Runescape is just poor people cope. If you add any financial barrier of entry, all runescape servers would instantly die tomorrow. WoW classic atleast has the honor of attracting paying customers which says a lot about its content quality.

This is the argument kids made back when I was in middle school. WoW is better because it costs more.

You can't compare the two. The number of people who used those sites were a small minority of the playerbase because they were outside the game itself, whereas everyone uses the GE

>when it started
Again for the majority of the time It’s out it has been a totally different game
So u can’t say it’s like that because it hasn’t been for along time try using a guide from 2007 that isn’t a quest guide for RS and using it
It won’t work lmao because all the stuff they added didn’t exist lol it’s 100% difference

You can reason with delusional fags like that. Back when they were 12 they spent a few hours trying to buy something and they LIKED it. Things just aren't how they used to be.

it embraced diversity and was pro-LGBT

Attached: gayretards.png (771x507, 242K)

don't have to wait in lines to play the fucking game

Mad because I totally pwnd ur faggot “game”

>literally posting a pic of urself botting
Thanks sent to fagex :D enjoy ban

Runescape does have a monetary barrier though, most of the game is membership only you dunce.

adventure game with stats instead of bear ass collecting simulator

you literally couldnt use the original free for all system. There wouldnt be enough people to sell every item. Theres too many items in RS now.

Many farming spots and activities would become worthless because there wouldnt be a market for them. With GE, it makes selling and buying easier, so many more markets open up, creating more farm zones and keeping all professions profitable.

I love osrs and rs3 every time i decide to leave the game and grow up,i cant and i come back to lumbridge
What a beautiful game

Attached: 8EC6DD4F-BC8F-48D4-A92D-B1636993D4B0.jpg (680x871, 35K)

Osrs is literally a mindless phone game. And there is no community either.

For me, it's the actual nostalgia as I never played WoW as a kid.

It’s true
Remove the F2P, and bonds and make it even like $8 to play and majority of the game will die out
Seriously u can get memebers for like $3
Roonscope is for poor people and retards

On the contrary, the GE devalues a lot of the game's content by centralizing all economic activity to one location and one system. The ability to keep goods for sale, visible on the market, and for any period of time, has caused massive deflation that has made most skills even less worthwhile as money-making activities.

I already had my name tweeted to a J-Mod by the streamer I killed in that pic
still muled off all the GP though

Attached: cvbfgdfgh.png (771x499, 247K)

>make new character
>spend sometime in F2P
>find out about bonds
>check out how much
>4m
>lol wtf money is hard have only like 200k
>go on site and see how much members is $10
>ehhhhhh decide to check goldsite because loll why not
>like $3-$4 for 5m
>buy it
>get a bond redeem it and have 1.2m cash to
Wow what a “barrier”
Besides u don’t have to play to try the game if ur new
WoW literally requires 15 up front to even enter it
Totally different

>WoW literally requires 15 up front to even enter it
>Totally different
no it doesn't

>can play RS for long as u want
>make many accounts u want
>don’t have to pay anything
>WoW Classic
>don’t even have option to download it without subscription and only have a month before having to renew it
>but that’s not different at all
Are u actually retarded?

OSRS was a copy of the archived 2006 version iirc, it's actually what people wanted.

WoW Retail allows you to play without a sub, sure classic doesn't, but you can still play WoW without paying, and even more so now in Retail with tokens existing

2007 actually, and it's had so many additions over the past five years that it arguably isn't even "Oldschool" anymore

Nice

vscape is closer to oldschool

Same shit, but the point is it's what people asked for, the updates afterwards were what people agreed on (suck it Artisan).

You can only get to level 20, can't talk to anyone, can't trade, can only get (I think) 10 gold and can't join any party or guild.
Runescape's f2p allows you to access majority of the skills, reach maximum stats in them, reach the highest possible combat level and allows you to access a rather large area of land.

WoW's f2p mode is essentially a trial of retail while Runescape's f2p is an actual game.

Have they brought Dungeoneering to old school yet

Attached: 1540687520754.png (718x854, 786K)

Main problem with osrs is the absolute domination of slayer and ranged.
Ranged is by far the best PvM combat type. BP, Tbow and DHCB?
And slayer is so meta the entire game should be renamed slayerscape.
t. 99 slayer ironman

Osrs has been slowly dying for a few years now

>But atleast WoW feels like a game and there’s more to it besides clicking same thing over and over

? ? ? ? ?

"The people" are morons, who cares what they think? I don't give a damn if they want to rubber stamp the shit that the devs come up with

>whole thread is about classic and Old Roonscope
>bringing up retail
Arrest urself

>haven't been able to play since march because of bond price

Thankfully no.
There's a minigame that's essentially dungeoneering though.

>>WoW's f2p mode is essentially a trial of retail while Runescape's f2p is an actual game.
this affects how people view the game

Yes there is more to WoW than literally clicking a button
U can play Roonscope with a keyboard lmao

Without
Lol epic fail

>people still responding to a 70iq esl indian that couldn't write down his own name if he was at gunpoint

OSRS is a completely different game from RS3. WoW classic is just retail WoW with 99% of its content and features removed.

I'm convinced he's replying to himself at this point.

The leveling isn't as static as WoW and the gameplay doesn't culminate in end-game raiding to get gear. Also, it has content updates.

I don’t get this are there people who literally can’t figure out how to buy the gold for bond it’s dirt cheap and way cheaper than actual buying members
If ur scared of getting banned just make a new account
I bought 3m once for a bond and they gave me 30m lol
I probably did this like 6 times when I played (quit and came back new character everytime)
Like??? Do people actually grind f2p out for it lmao wtf
No way fag

But the end game does revolve around raids lol. Theatre of Blood and Chambers of Xeric.
The difference is you can acquire BiS gear without ever touching the raids which is nice. Runescape allows you to play in lots of different ways

Attached: 357352423.jpg (1024x570, 35K)

The people may be dumb but the devs are even dumber, and it only takes 26% to veto something.

Most of the bis items come from other places than raids though.
If you said the game revolved around slayer, then you'd be right.

nice

TONS

It's pretty hard, directional keys and F keys are important. Not to mention shift for dropping and mousekeys/ahk for efficiency.

it's just easier to level skills in rs3

To dumbs don't cancel each other out; they compound. The great majority of updates get passed. Look at Warding even. Doesn't it stike you a little observed that every individual feature was improved and that it was only the overall inclusion that lost?

Nigga you never went to the library and started shit talking some middle schooler. I was big dicking around my level 50 shit talking everyone when I was in the third grade. And I ain’t even talking school I’m talking public.

>spend 3 hours grabbing zammy wines
>buy bond

*two dumbs
*strike
*absurd
Guess I shouldn't be one to talk

I haven't played since the start of 2019 so I may be outdated. But gear came from mostly raids. And outside of that Gwd zulrah and hydra (and I guess shamans for dwh and cerb for boots). So yeah not all from raids but the majority.
But items like Twisted bow, ancestral and rapier are so fucking good that raids are definitely the endgame.
And yeah they may as well rename the game slayerscape.

honestly it would be pretty amazing if WoW Classic had a similar model to OSRS.

in OSRS I feel like I kind of have my character and can access them freely even if I'm not paying, but with WoW it feels like I sunk time into something that can be taken away from me at any time

You wont get 5mil from 3 hours of telegrabbing wines.

How do I make money for bond? I remember watching a video of a guy selling jewellery to the shop in port sarim or something? I'm guessing buying from shops isn't any good in osrs.

>To dumbs don't cancel each other out
No the point is the 26% has a chance of cancelling two dumbs out, if the devs are left to their own devices we'd still be playing EoC.

>where WoW Classic failed
It didn't

Do I roll Shaman or Priest? I'd be one of those new Dwarves I'd have to grind for it.

Attached: 1568240034043.jpg (500x511, 93K)

the game was dying at an alarming rate before they added the ge and new content
non ge runescape was fun for like a week, but it gets old fast

Beg at the ge.
I gave a few bonds to f2p people because they were cute noobs

>I kind of have my character and can access them freely even if I'm not paying
That's not true though. Remember when Jagex pulled the plug on Classic?
Maybe to you newfags, but for actual RS2 veterans it was exactly what we wanted. We didn't need a huge playerbase, just the game that we loved. Classic managed to survive for years on the same principle.

whats your username?

I'd recommend first doing all f2p quests and getting some starting skills. Then buy a bond with real money and find a way to make gold for your next bond. Might be hard to make enough for your next bond in that time with a low level account though.

>balancing content around 1-ticking (enjoy your carpal tunnel and shitty ui)
>rs3 devs infiltrating osrs team and making shit like pic related
>becoming more slayerscape and bossscape by the day, destroying other skills by making monsters drop everything
>new content feels out of place when put beside old content (i.e. zeah) and doesn't fit the game
>old devs continue to leave jagex
it's not looking good

Attached: Dragonstone_armour_equipped.png (658x1466, 51K)

You know there are several private servers that have what you want?

>Maybe to you newfags, but for actual RS2 veterans it was exactly what we wanted.
played since 2004, and unlike you fags i never stopped playing up until 2012 whereas you just quit in 2007, pre-eoc is the best period runescape has ever had and i will keep voting yes on pretty much anything to get me closer to that dream. "muh newfags" is just a cope from imposter "veterans" who last played the game in 2007. youre the newfag

>leaving out the fact that a dev conspired with a clan to guarantee them a win in their dmm esports and take part of the prize pool

if osrs was like classic, the servers would be shut down already

>new content and gear looks like low quality rs3 stuff
LMAO

Remember when one of the anti-botting devs was in with botsfarms and goldsellers?
That was fun.

played during a similar period, except i kept playing after eoc
it's actually insane what a great state 2011-12 runescape was
you had all these great grandmaster quests, tons of content, but it still kept that runescape charm

No there aren't. There is not a single private server that is wholly faithful to RS2, let alone is content complete. Even the ones that are almost there have XP multipliers and other QoL bullshit
You're probably right. I still had some faith in Jagex in 2013, but that's pretty much all gone now. If OSRS didn't exist though, there would probably be enough pressure to have something like RSC Vanilla. I don't think that's too much to ask.

2010-2011 for me, around the time when polypore came out i think was when it started going more negative for me. ive tried eoc since and i actually really like it however dailies ruin the game. played an ironman so dont care about mtx

No GE runescape was fucking cancer, the economy was 100% run by merch bots.

rsc had like 100 people that played it at best
there's no way they would put any dev time towards an rsc server

Attached: kill yourself redditors.png (594x582, 41K)

Wasn't it just that a bot dev was hired? I think his name was Jacmob or something like that.

i maxed on rs3 at some point, it didn't even feel like an accomplishment with all the free xp the game throws at you

dont give that imposter retard any attention

that was only possible due to trade limits
also, merch clans didn't have as much of an impact on the economy as you claim they did: they pumped and dumped lesser known items because the owners/ranks had to acquire a large % of the item's supply beforehand, with the exception of a couple occurrences in late 2010 where a merch clan pumped shit like whips/brews to piss people off

trying too hard

Think someone made a video where he maxed his account with the in-game cash shop purchases.
Think he got the money off of donations and video revenue.
The total cost of getting 99 in everything (and I think a massive bank as well) was around 10k USD.

So? That's the whole point; no updates, just keep the game as it is.

ironmen cant get any of that shit

>trying too hard

Attached: 544564567323.jpg (474x588, 33K)

I belief that was "A Friend", he maxed in about 2 days worth of playtime.

There were no trade limits in osrs, did you not play it before GE was introduced? Basically every trader in w2 was a merch bot, there were even some funny videos where people found out you could lure them to the dark wizards (since they were level 3). To NOT trade a merch bot you were forced to use a 3rd party website to hook up with someone.

The point is u can completely play Roonscope just with a mouse
Try that in WoW lol
It’s literally a point and click adventure game

I once heard a saying for runescape. It goes, "You never truly quit runescape, you just take long breaks".

Pretty sure it's doable with WoW too.
Pretty sure you can click to move, you can click on enemies to target them and you can click abilities to use them. Not sure about clicking to move but you can definitely do the other 2.

>grinding out f2p
IMAGIEN being scared to spend $3 on a chink goldsite
Enjoy wasting all ur time grinding away in F2p u willl be Burnt ouT before ur even at like half way lol
So dumb

Yeah how did OSRS succeed in amassing 50,000 players when WoW Classic only got 1,300,000!!!
It's a fucking mystery why OSRS is so much more successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoW used to have a "click to move" function in vanilla. I'd assume it's in WoW Classic so if it is, then yes, you actually can play WoW with ONLY a mouse.

It never really ends
youtube.com/watch?v=HGgIhyQTHS8

Attached: 1447117455065.jpg (298x403, 32K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RRq0Zu_lYh4

Attached: comfy cow.jpg (322x337, 41K)

So what are some of your favourite tracks, Yea Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=nidFjWK8rik
youtube.com/watch?v=-9OOsKVcmyE

runescape is a shit game lol

Go ahead try it
U won’t be to do anything besides basic attack
Lol retard

unironically the newer tracks. take your nostalgia goggles off and take a listen
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7m_w2TbCIA
youtube.com/watch?v=kpXDvqBMoMs
youtube.com/watch?v=OCtJ0b24Di4

Attached: 1409437510736.png (600x780, 794K)

clicking the bar is literally impossible according to you even though I do it while eating all the time

The Forlorn Homestead is a great track.

oh shit, I thought you were talking about 07-11 RS

Well, Yea Forums?

What's your excuse?

Attached: Infernal_cape_detail_animated.gif (151x226, 639K)

trade limit was removed in 2010

youtube.com/watch?v=ya3iMNKrOPI

Why isn't there a portable version of RS2 I can play on my laptop?

>quit a while back
>came back and played 2 accs at the same time from scratch
>none of my friends were playing but whatever, the /vg/ cc were frens enough
>got one a QP cape and the other barrows gloves and piety with very awkward questing stats
>got one 99 range, both got 99 mage (pro tip, you can afk burst mm2 monkeys on one account and vork/snek on the other and you technically profit about 1m/h (unless things have majorly changed))
>got bored because of how tedious training 2 accs at the same time was, especially on a single monitor
>the price of bonds skyrocketing didn't help (they just hit 4m a pop, that's 16m a month for the two of them)
Currently on a long break myself.

I need kodai and/or ancestral or else I'm splashing on nibblers too much lol

Yes ironman and yes got tbow, shut up

Got rangers a couple hours ago.

Attached: rangers.jpg (489x545, 37K)

I'm a mid level account and I don't have the stats to wear the items required to beat inferno.
I'd assume someone who was a lot better than me in OSRS PvM could very well do inferno with the stats I have.

Trade limits weren't removed until Feb 1 2011

Mor Ul Rek might be mine, it's just so perfect. But also there's no way it's midi so I guess that's cheating

Congrats bro.

I'm bad enough at fire cape, I wouldn't be able to do it even if there was only the multi-jad wave.

OSRS avgs like 70k people on at any time.

embarrassing post

Nice

i literally made 8m f2p from begging on a fake noob account

Attached: IMG_20190917_015829.jpg (230x229, 7K)

_________________Help I'm drowning!

Go away furion.

nice

WOW killed the genre, Runescape has soul.

Nice

A q p
W

>clicking the same thing over and over is soul
>game mostly fillled wij bots and gold farmers is soul
>game that’s literally doing the same motion 1000x over is soul
>a game so boring if ur not doing something else while playing u want to kys... soul
>a game where the grand exchange exist... soul
> a multiplayer game where most people play it as a single player... soul
Really now???? Hmmmmmm

Not good. Grind more noob.

Fail
A q p
W

Man classicniggers got it easy. Is there even a challange close to the difficulty to the Inferno in classic?

Please tell me, does leveling combat get any better after level 30?

Runescape quests take a huge fucking shit on Wow ones

Attached: A88D43B5-A414-432D-8A60-F3019C1874BE.gif (164x170, 2K)

user...

Never played runescape but used to play ultima online. Should I try this? Is there an official server?

It gets more enjoyable since you're hitting bigger numbers and not missing as often but the grind gets longer over time.

Doesn't Waterfull quest take you straight to 30? Why the fuck are you levelling it manually?

>Does it get any better
Nobody tell him.

Attached: 1541255735901.gif (300x500, 326K)

Not everyone goes p2p instantly

Both are fun

Attached: 33A1E069-5525-44C9-96B1-1FE3F5AE873E.png (187x267, 98K)

Telegrab nature runes in Wildy, theres no world hopping limit anymore, just beware of PKers at active hours.

Fuck off, theres no reason to ever spend real money on this game

Attached: Capture.png (761x706, 640K)

Nice

This is 100% correct. They go to redit for polls and suggestions more than their own forums. No pvp content passes and they've dumbed down the death mechanics so you're never at risk of losing anything. Any talk about going back to the keep three items on death rule gets you sperged at

Attached: 1489409969540.jpg (750x740, 180K)

Post more shit like this for some reason runescape screencaps destroy me.

Attached: 1560605334274.png (1280x720, 863K)

Attached: 1515353761271.jpg (597x960, 43K)

Combat is the core of the game retard obviously it should get more reward than clicking on a tree for hours or a fishing spot.

Wait, you keep more than 3 items on death now not including the prayer?

Attached: 1504218889748.jpg (600x600, 41K)

Jages was forced to implement the current death mechanics though.
People DDOSsed servers if anyone entered any kind of dangerous area with enough loot.

Everything else you said is correct though.

>Combat is the core of the game

Attached: 1388575992954.png (656x505, 332K)

Attached: 1567525678339.jpg (373x326, 38K)

No you don't he's saying you shouldn't keep 3 items when it's always been like that, he's retarded

Your loot pile is visible to you only for 60 minutes.
After that it despawns. Nobody else can see your items.
This doesn't apply to wilderness though.

No one plays OSRS to click on a tree, they play it for endgame PvM and PvP.

Ah right, it used to only be 5-10 minutes, right? My memory is hazy.

you stop that

Attached: Warstrike.gif (327x249, 216K)

>peak twitch views = concurrent players

Attached: 1506319831658.jpg (645x773, 56K)

I used to, way back when.

Attached: 1415663348956.jpg (175x178, 12K)

If you died back in the day your loot was essentially "dropped" on the ground. The loot pile was visible to everyone and anyone could pick it up. It despawned normally like any dropped loot would.

youtube.com/watch?v=J8D2uAowRbM

Attached: 1487464336137.png (354x286, 28K)

You keep any untradable items (like all barrows) and your loot is there for just you for an hour.
Those ddos were rare back in the day and are non-existent now. They won't revert back because redit cries

Barrows is tradeable.
If you die it drops in its broken state. You DO keep untradeables on you though, like the void knight equipment.

cringe

Same. I was a stupid kid and didn't see the point in slayer, and training combat skills didn't make me any money, so I would always just do menial shit like mine pure essence, pick flax, chop trees, fish, etc. It was boring but it was comfy.

OSRS made me realize that the game is just clicking while numbers go up
I have to resist the urge to resubscribe several times a year and if I do, I don't even have fun

Attached: 1543693185850.jpg (640x640, 36K)

When it kicks off it sounds like a remix of some Kirby song

I hovered between rank 1 to 3 attack for the first month of OSRS. I quit because I got scammed for 50m lol. Ankou's were the GOAT at the start.

Attached: 1484490380980.jpg (648x718, 284K)

>yah dude just be like me and grind away months of ur life in like only 20% or the gayme instead of just spending $3 what are u a shitter
Okay fag enjoy being a no life faggot for like $3 dolllars worth of gold
LMAO u have to be mentally ill to grind out a bond in f2p lmao

Which scam ddi you fall for?

>mfw entering great korend for the first time
what were the thinking?

Attached: 3jr45HL.jpg (600x917, 42K)

Doubling money scam.

If u use barrows it becomes untradable immediately. I ran around with an ornament kit on a furry dharoks n other untradables and lost nothing when I died. Nothing broke

Runescape does draw a lot Ultima Online. However, Oldschool Runescape has diverged a lot from the era when the game was at its peak, so I don't know if I can recommend it. Maybe you should try playing Runescape Classic Vanilla. It's a private server, and it's a more primitive version of the game, but it's probably the most 'pure' Runescape experience you can get nowadays

transferring OSRS gp to rs2 gp. the exchange rate was nuts at the time. my fault though, trusted an untrustworthy person on sythe.

Attached: 1547280485683.jpg (736x815, 62K)

The degraded (not 100% or 0%) version is untradeable. Barrows gets broken when you die in PvP situations though.

how lol

fuck off poser

>Runescape Classic Vanilla
When is something like going to pop up for RS2(2004-2005)

>Runescape is just poor people cope.
But poor people mode runescape sucks.

>google my rs username
>its all connected to zezima stuff because I used to be friends with him and was in his clique
its always the biggest fucking nostalgia trip when I do it. I wonder where half of those people went. Some were in their 30s/40s, I wonder what they do now.

Attached: 1463583348577.png (645x773, 93K)

OSRS has active, social community, if you mean RS3, no they never talk to you. They take the no xp waste meme too seriously

I keep hoping that the amount of changes in OSRS will alienate enough people to make such a server happen. Yea Forumsscape and ScapeRune are the closest we have right now, but both are still far from ideal imho

you suond like a groupie my man

oh yeah i totally was. you have no idea. there were multiple girls in zezima's group. they would hook up irl too. they were like band groupies. zezima knocked one of them up too.

It was nice last night banging your mom. She kept moaning my name and she let me cum inside

Name?

>Started out good
>Jagex begins taking player feedback on updates from their reddit-infested playerbase
>Grand Exchange one of the first in line to be implemented, killing merchanting and giving bots an instant way to dump their resources into the economy at the lowest possible price, plummeting the value of raw materials just like it did in 2007
>Updates from the live game being reskinned and added
>Prayer flicking draining no prayer if done perfectly, which was a game engine exploit and popularized by Twitch streamers, is now a mandatory mechanic to abuse for end game content like the Inferno or the ToB
>Community is full of faggots who only want to talk about twitch streamers, slayer, or DUDE WEED
>8/10 big updates are slayer related
>Slayer is the most profitable skill in the game and also the best way to level your base combat stats
>Skilling professions have been mostly untouched and make terrible money, get arthritis and 91 runecrafting to make half as much money as a fresh account with high slayer
>Overloaded drop tables full of skilling resources further plummet the prices
>Jagex making all sorts of unpolled "integrity changes" where they rebalance old, iconic weapons because people don't like dying in PvP
>Jagex gets bought by chinese mining conglomerate, raises membership prices the very next month and is now trying to cozy players up to the idea of microtransactions
>Multiple staff members being caught doing unscrupulous shit such as intentionally programming profitable bugs into the game to sell gold and handing IP addresses over to clan members so they can be DDoS'd during their PK tournament
I play in short bursts every once in a while but there's plenty wrong with OSRS.

Attached: Breen_upset.jpg (620x819, 354K)

Leveling combat becomes okay-ish around lvl 60 because at that point you can just put on full obby and afk in NMZ while clicking once every 20 minutes

>tfw you've gone from 70 to 96 str in a matter of weeks just by loading up nmz while you study or play other games

It makes you money too

Attached: 1385916066842.png (334x374, 116K)

Have you guys thought of having a runescape classic released with 2019 graphics ? Like idk black desert graphics but keeping the core gameplay and the style ofc
Would you play it or not?

Attached: 6B77DC18-E959-436D-B825-D13BA247FBDE.png (500x477, 89K)

Not really, because I personally like the RS2 graphics. They have a distinct style and charm to them that I value. RSC is too primitive, and HD/RS3 is too generic.

Yes, Runescape is pure soul.

Nope. I love the actual RS graphics too much to want anything "better", I'm still pissed the ruined OSRS be including the "HD" grapic update

yes

I like old school runescape's look.

Half the charm for me is the low poly look of RS2 so probably not.

rsc is fucking terrible and nobody would actually play it

If ur serous ur a retard there is no soul
Lmao OSRS got boring after like a few weeks imagine stilll playing past few months after launch
Lol it’s totally different they ruined it

no, there is.

People that started with have the same nostalgia that those that started with 2 have, though they won't like the nu-graphics in that case.

This sums it all up very well. The power creep is insane as well on top of all of this

people who had nostalgia already fucking played it, thats why the servers were shut down 1-2 years ago because nobody wants to fucking play it

t. Fukong Interactive Entertainment

what?

They have a large stake in Jagex from what I remember.

Right so there's no market for it in any way, old or disfigured.