Comfy vidya thread

Enough hate, tell me fellas, what have you been playing recently?
Recommend?
Been playing pic related

Attached: 1569234271403.jpg (1536x1536, 458K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/53oWT6opXQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what have you been playing recently
Deep Rock Galactic.
Damn addicting and fun co-op MP.

Earlier I finished my DMC marathon with the #5.

>Recommend
The Talos Principle.

Attached: leave no dwarf behind.webm (720x405, 2.26M)

I needa try to get into DMC, i have the trilogy on ps3 but i havent picked it up yet
I dont think ive heard much of talos principle, what is it like?

Remastered trilogy collection*

Master Quest and ALBW

>I needa try to get into DMC
DMC1 is a good place to start. It still has some RE's DNA in it as well. You can skip 2.

>I dont think ive heard much of talos principle, what is it like?
An atmospheric, story-driven, non-linear puzzler.
From the creators of the Serious Sam -series, of all things.
It is comfy and kino. The story DLC, "Road To Gehenna", is in some ways even better than the main campaign, and harder to boot.

Great game for PC benchmarking as well!

Attached: talos principle.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

WoW Classic and replaying the Dawn of War games.

For Honor
The Sims 2
Headliner: NoviNews
Project Zomboid
Crusader Kings 2

I've been playing Astral Chain recently
I can push through the boring investigation bits no problem (they can be a bit comfy), but I'm 3/4 through file 8 and shit's starting to get annoying. I hatehatehate how the game suddenly walls you off from previous sections, and the forced cleanup section with a timer was not fun at all. Thankfully you didn't have to get 100% to proceed.
Also, the framerate was hot garbage in that area.

I heard there are a few more annoying sections in the remaining files, hopefully I can push through em.

Attached: 1234215955491.jpg (800x494, 63K)

Just started Greedfall. Looking forwars to Noita tomorrow and Death Stranding later.

Wonder if talos principle would work on my old school laptop, might look into it
What exactly is Greedfall? Ive only heard the name but nothing else
Astral Chains the switch RPG that got released recently innit? It looks interesting, might look into that too (after Doom Eternal tho...)

Yeah, it's that anime scifi cop RPG

I appreciate it for being something new in an age of endless rehashes
But damn does it test my patience at times

Going through the entire souls series again. Finished DeS and about to enter blighttown in DaS.

Just completed dark souls 3 and I had a great time. I like how they encourage you try many different weapons but as always I went back to the greatsword.

I am thinking of playing F.E.A.R. next.

Remember, cant get poisoned when youre already poisoned, and fuck those blowdart cunts
Yea even in my mage character on ds2 im using a magic bastard sword lmao
And i needa try F.E.A.R. one day, its another "spooky" game innit?
Ah yeah dayum, how long is it do you reckon?

I'm about 25 hours in, and I have about 2 files (chapters) left

fear has one of the best AI in gaming, not only are there spooky moments, but the gun fights are up there, better than doom, better than halo, or half-life, it's call of duty meets max payne, you can shoot grenades in midair if you're a bad ass mf

It's a shame the level design is ass

Ooh intriguing
Ill add it to my list, close to the top too I think
Ah yeah not too bad, id spend a fuck load of time dicking around probably

Moonlighter
>pic related
I am ESL, but I still know the difference between its and it's. Unlike developers.
It is a pretty good and addictive game. Five dungeons doesn't seem enough (and it's not), but I don't mind running through them few times just to find some nice loot.
Will definitely keep me entertained until 27th when DQ comes out. Love the soundtrack.

youtu.be/53oWT6opXQk

Attached: moonlighter_screenshot-3-2.png (1920x1080, 154K)

>Wonder if talos principle would work on my old school laptop, might look into it
Croteam's games are not only optimized well, but they also offer THE largest Options MenuS in gaming history.

I've ran it on a 1.5GHz AMD A4 APU + 6GB RAM, at pretty steady 30fps, not even on the all lowest settings.

>And i needa try F.E.A.R. one day, its another "spooky" game innit?
The fact that there are now people who don't know the magnificence of FEAR saddens me. It is THE FPS game of the century.

Playing Dark Savior, started Parallel III yesterday. It's aight but when I started playing it I was hoping it would be more like Landstalker instead of this weird fighting game/isometric platformer hybrid

Im sorry for being zoomzoom

Attached: 5314185-4453304109-Mazda.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

Finally decided to play Borderlands 2, I had bought it back in 2014 when it was on sale with all the DLC it had at the time. Enjoyable experience so far.

To quote a certain demon's line:
You were just born the wrong time.

Just know that FEAR is this super popular cult-hit (for a reason), whose IP was slowly suffocated by IP ownership wars and systemic consolification. A game so ahead of its time, that it's still impressive today.

Attached: fear - dualies slomo - grenade vs grenade & face to glass.webm (1100x619, 2.84M)

>they also offer THE largest Options MenuS in gaming history
This. Pic very related.
I bet I've spent more hours tweaking and testing their various settings than actually playing the games. And I don't regret it one bit!

Attached: Talos Principle Video settings explained 1,0 2017.jpg (1582x3914, 2.01M)

Just started FFXIV and Bloodborne and BB kicks my ass

Im still not finished it yet, i need to so i can get 3, i got 1,2 and Pre in a triple pack on ps3 back in 2016
As much as i hate the saying "born in the wrong generation" im gonna have to agree
Yeah lol bloodborne does that, when i first got it it clapped my ass so i put it away for half a year, then after i had all three souls games under my belt i clapped Bloodbornes ass

Totally opposite in my case.
>played DS1, suck a lot
>played DS3, suck a lot
>played BB, really liked it, got platinum
>played DS1, 2, 3 and Demon's (in that order) after BB and finished 'em all
Although, SotFS was the only one where I actually bothered getting all achievements.

I think bloodborne is the easiest out of the 4 to get plat, just need 3 playthroughs
For all 3 endings

this week I played DOOM 2016 and Prey
DOOM is fucking great, Prey is meh

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.62M)

Both were meh as fuck.

Mordhau, just finished a stint of 7DaysToDie and Divinity Original Sin 2. Was planning on playing Ds2: SotFS again myself, was one of my favorite souls.

idk I liked doom a lot, guns feel great, enemies are cool (except the cyberdemon, I don't like his design) glory kills are satisfying and there's a good amount of fanservice done in a not obnoxious way
only complaints are the lack of sprinting/dodging and maybe the fact that there's too much progression for the weapons

>guns feel great, enemies are cool
That's just it: they were not.
Compared to the series roots and many of the early "clones", the gameplay was severely dumbed down. The "fanservice" especially was obnoxious and insulting.
Add in the fact that Bethesda chose for once NOT to include modding tools, in a Doom-game as well, and you got nothing but one wet slap in the face.

you can't even fucking look up in the first 2 doom games how is the gameplay dumbed down lmao

Yakuza zero, devil survivor overclocked for the 4th time, and FE three houses
Recommend me some WRPG and classic 90s to early 00s shooters

Attached: C08B1F27-9371-4FF8-B544-6EF9B279643D.png (670x1062, 651K)

Easily better and more atmospheric than portal.

Majula is comfy af

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>you can't even look up in first 2 doom games
Because you don't have to.

>how is the gameplay dumbed down
maps are practically linear pipes, and they funnel you from one lock-down combat arena, into another. There is VERY little random enemy encounters between the combat arenas, and you nearly always trigger the combat yourself. This makes the game extra predictable, as it divides the gameplay into monotonous running and monotonous combat sections.
All this + the enemy limit of ~12 foes / room was made, not only to give the weak ass consoles a fighting chance to run the game at ~60fps, but also because the moronic zoom zoom game testers literally GOT LOST in the "traditional" type levels, kiting enemy mobs after themselves like sad meat baits they are.

Not only that, but the gunplay is totally abysmal. All the weapons start with shit specs, because you just cannot have a satisfying shooter game in 2010s without any RPG leveling up BS. This leads to majority of the guns being pea shooters you use to trigger the obligatory QTE melee-finisher, which grants you free HP drops. And if you don't have enough dakka, you just dig out your 1-hit-kill chainsaw, and you get instantly your pockets filled with supplies.
It's even more pathetic that you instantly get MORE health-drops and shit the lower your HP is; if you're running low, just pop a couple in the Imp's face, and you may go instantly up some +70 hit points! That's practically REGENERATING HEALTH.
This patronizing travesty was obviously implemented because you no longer have the choice of exploring the maps and locating items as you go.

Aaand it does not stop there.
You got automatic checkpoints that remove any and all risk from deaths, Armor literally works as an extra HP bar that takes the initial hits - rather than just lowering the damage you take, you got REGENERATING CoD-type quick grenades for reasons unknown ... list goes on.

Systemshocks supposed to be pretty damn good, i still haven't played it but i gotta
Holy shit thats neat
Easily one of the best hub worlds in games, close second is hunters dream in bloodborne
Yea cant argue with that, but I still enjoyed the game (op btw, not the other dude)

>2500 enemies on the screen at once
>huge maps
>fast speed
>no grindan, no QTE BS
>mods
>16p co-op + 4p splitscreen on one PC
This came out in 2011. What's nu-ID's excuse?
Not to mention Sam4 is already coming out, and showcasing 120km^2 maps, with 100k (one hundred THOUSAND) enemies on it at once.

This. TP is one GOAT-tier puzzle game.

Attached: welcome to SS3.jpg (1919x894, 625K)

What weapons are you using in bloodborne?